Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins show interest in Oregon Quarterback Justin Herbert.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dolphins show interest in Oregon Quarterback Justin Herbert.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:22AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins show interest in Oregon Quarterback Justin Herbert.
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 16, 2018 04:54AM

Go get him, trade whatever they have to just do it. I'm thinking a first, third and a fifth this year and a first and third next year along with Parker and Wake should do it.

Then step two is restructure RT's deal to drastically lower his cap hit going forward.

We simply have no real choice.

Can't go into next year with our current QB room.

RT...coming back, rested and healthy
Falk...a year to get all of the mental and physical stuff down
Herbert...#1 pick of the future waiting in the wings

Would give everybody a good deal of optimism...as well as a three way competition for the starters job.

Date: November 16, 2018 05:03AM

Then get all the OLInemen TCPF wants to get.

But first draft the engine...

Then you can surround the engine with all the accessories.

Date: November 17, 2018 05:51AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then get all the OLInemen TCPF wants to get.
>
>
> But first draft the engine...
>
>
> Then you can surround the engine with all the
> accessories.

Sure.......draft away everything when we literally have an entire 1 string offense hurt and out.

Then we get a QB with great potential, seems to have a following like Andrew Luck. Hows Luck doing BTW? Guess we will see in 2 weeks.

You said it yourself , the Best QB in the NFL right now is Aaron Rodgers. He fell like a rock in the draft and played Back up for 5 yrs

Brady was taken in the 6th rd.

Russell Wilson was taken in the 3rd.

Why were these teams so successful? Becuase they drafted well. How did the Redskins fare when they gave up everything for RG III?

Name 1 team that gave up multiple draft picks for 1 player and it worked out?

Stop it. Its not going to happen Sam I GARANFUCKINGTEE it. So stop building yourself up for it , in the middle of the season. If you cant enjoy the game I really suggest you find a new hobby.

Ill talk draft in 2019. And I will always oppose trading draft picks to move up. Thats Lazy. You want to win?

Do what Jimmy Johnson and Belichick do.collect more draft picks. Do your homework and draft good players. Tannehill would be a Top 10 player if we made better choices.No other rookie QB will do any better. Your fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2018 06:33AM

So who would be our qb ta nehill? He quit on you dude. Face it.

But you doris dont want to see the truth.

Date: November 17, 2018 07:17AM

When we finnally get rid of garbage tannehill we can get the qb then draft all the other pieces. Its not going to be done in 0ne year its going to take way longer.

Im willing to wait.

Are you going to wait tcpf?......or are you just going to die because the love of your life is no longer here?

Come on doris. Tell us.

Date: November 17, 2018 07:22AM

TCPF Wrote: Do what Jimmy Johnson and Belichick do.collect more draft picks. Do your homework and draft good players.

Weve been doing that since dan retired and it hasnt worked.

Whos going to be your qb?

Tannehill?

ROTFLMAO.

Date: November 17, 2018 07:40AM

BTW if herbert doesnt declare for the draft in 2019 then get him in 2020.

Here is an idea i know tcpf would enjoy......

Play tannehill for the 2019 season so we can suck some more then endup with a really bad record so we can get the # 1 pick in the draft.

Guarantee you he will get a boo boo in his pinky finger and wont want to play for the rest of the year.

THEN....

Stick in the backup qb fales or $uckweiler and we will definetely end up with the first pick in the 2020 draft.

Date: November 17, 2018 10:12AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> When we finnally get rid of garbage tannehill we
> can get the qb then draft all the other pieces.
> Its not going to be done in 0ne year its going to
> take way longer.
>
> Im willing to wait.
>
> Are you going to wait tcpf?......or are you just
> going to die because the love of your life is no
> longer here?
>
> Come on doris. Tell us.

Ummmmm......hasnt been here for 7 weeks. Im just fine. Your the one melting down about draft picks in November. You think about Tanny 24/7.
Not healthy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2018 10:17AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> TCPF Wrote: Do what Jimmy Johnson and Belichick
> do.collect more draft picks. Do your homework and
> draft good players.
>
>
> Weve been doing that since dan retired and it
> hasnt worked.
>
> Whos going to be your qb?
>
> Tannehill?
>
> ROTFLMAO.

Actually JJ built us the best defense we ever had. The trick is to do your homework and pick GOOD PLAYERS. Its a very sound system. QB counts......you dont waste picks on drafting up . Never works out. If a Good QB is available when we pick, absolutely. That much Ive changed.

And....... try to get your thoughts into one post. Rambling for 5-6 makes you sound crazy.....

Then againeye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2018 11:10AM

Sure dorissmoking smiley

Date: November 17, 2018 10:55PM

Treasure, you are giving JJ too much credit, IMHO. Did he build us a good defense, for sure but to say it was better than the Killer B's and the No Names is kind of stretching it.

Besides he did zip, nothing, nada for the offense except waste picks.

Tannembaum recently went to see Herbert play and came back raving about him...if he declares we have to go get him. We just don't have any real options due to no one being available as a free agent that's worth the investment...not completely sold on Carr either.

Sure there are guys like Dwayne Haskins Jarrett Stidham and maybe Ryan Finley to choose from but guys like Drew Lock, Will Grier and Shea Patterson worry me with accuracy issues, completion percentages that are sub par or other issues.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 18, 2018 12:27AM

Meow. Blough?

Date: November 18, 2018 09:25AM

Ken Wrote:
> Treasure, you are giving JJ too much credit, IMHO.
> Did he build us a good defense, for sure but to
> say it was better than the Killer B's and the No
> Names is kind of stretching it.
>
> Besides he did zip, nothing, nada for the offense
> except waste picks.
>
> Tannembaum recently went to see Herbert play and
> came back raving about him...if he declares we
> have to go get him. We just don't have any real
> options due to no one being available as a free
> agent that's worth the investment...not completely
> sold on Carr either.
>
> Sure there are guys like Dwayne Haskins Jarrett
> Stidham and maybe Ryan Finley to choose from but
> guys like Drew Lock, Will Grier and Shea Patterson
> worry me with accuracy issues, completion
> percentages that are sub par or other issues.

I've been a fan of the Miami Dolphins since 73-74. Nothing was more exciting for me to see Zack Thomas, JT and Madison kill the competition. To this day Tom Brady says going up against those guys were the toughest days in his career. But I'm a defensive guy. I love tackles and stops. I believe that's what produces championships. J.J. was on the way but Life took him on another path. We were a very competitive Team back then.

Anyhow I still believe in his recipe for championships. Its through the draft. BUT YOU HAVE TO MAKE GOOD PICKS> The Dolphins have not done that consistently. Then they hit on a guy like Landry …...and give him away for nothing.

Yes we have spent a tone of 1st and 2nd rounders on Linemen. But they have all sucked. We need to draft better or we will never be competitive. Blaming it all on 1 player is ignorant. Sammy is the poster boy of ignorant.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 18, 2018 11:07AM

I agree that we have make good picks and we have struggled with that since Shulas last few years. The last couple of drafts however we've drafted pretty solidly....injuries have absolutely killed us though so no matter how well we may have drafted it was for naught.

We have to draft a QB this year though and that almost assuredly means trading up...We simply cannot go into next year with the same QB room.

Fales and Osweiller have got to go. RT can come back IMHO if he reduces his salary but he has to have legitimate cometition or a replacement whether that's immediate or not it's sill the same and is the question.

Beyond QB we have got to get OL and DL help or we ain't going nowhere next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2018 12:38PM by Ken.

Date: November 18, 2018 11:28AM

TC, reply to Ken.

Date: November 18, 2018 07:12PM

Well talking draft mid season is tough.
Im all for drafting a QB , but NOT TRADING UP. These picks are two valuable. Lets see where we end picking, lets see whos availble.
But trading up never works out
. The only thing that works out is picking the right players.you do that with more picks, not less. You have 7 picks.. 3 start , you did well.
You have 4-5 You would be lucky to get 2 solid players.......and so on.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 19, 2018 09:02AM

The only way you get you get more picks is to either bargain to give up your present picks for future picks OR trade down.

Nether of those options are likely to get you the BPA at the position you want in the draft being then conducted.

We're not dumb, Treasure. This is just another one of your Protect Tannehill plans.

Date: November 19, 2018 05:12PM

Not dumb? Remember that was your choice of words......drinking smiley

Kinda dumb becuase you ethier dont see my point and respect it, or well....yeah your kinda dumb.

I dont care who you pick , when , it means nothing if you dont make the right pick.

Ask Washington how RGIII worked out.How did Dion Jordon work out?

Or Russell Wilson in the 3rd? ITS WHO YOU PICK NOT WHEN. GET IT? Probably not......again, stupid was your choice of words not mine.eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 20, 2018 01:39PM

Your point is that your pick has to be a success and not a bust. That's a duhhhh statement. I chose NOT to be cruel and say it was a DUMB statement because it's so obvious.

Good picks are good and bad picks are bad no matter when they are made. Only the future, which none of us can see, will tell which is which.

But Griese and Spurrier were both picked high and they both turned into Super Bowl. QBs.

Now I conceded that when Rosen was snatched right before we picked, it was a moot point.

It's YOU who is carrying this fight on into the 2019 draft and are guarding Tanny against competition just like you did in April of 2018.

You are just Doris Day.

Date: November 20, 2018 05:52PM

Date: November 20, 2018 06:26PM

No, not smart at all. Tanny was drafted in 2012 was it? He is playing at best on his last legs both as a figure of speech and in reality. We need to think about the future in this regard.

Too bad we lost out on last April's lot. Again, not saying any were available to us.

We need to draft a QB, Hebert or better yet, David Blough.

Date: November 20, 2018 11:52PM

We need to take somebody at QB in this draft whether we take one at #1 or somewhere else. Who it is, is completely up the brain trust. Oswieller has got to go and so does Fales because neither one is going to do what we need them to do and that is win more games than they lose if they have to play. They have both had more than enough time to show that they can be that kind of backup and neither one has solidified the position.

I'm fine with RT staying on the team because I believe he is a good enough player to get us where we need to be if we limit our injuries and everyone else does their jobs. The biggest two caveats with RT is him staying healthy and him reducing his salary cap number.

We have to groom our current young guy in Falk. We have to bring him along and see what he's got.

Beyond that, we have to bring in a new rookie who the brain trust REALLY LOVES and WANTS to be the long range plan. If he has to sit for a season or three and learn I'm fine with that as long as he has the goods. If we have to trade up to get him, just do it. If we can find him without doing that then that's OK too.

Competition is the name of the game and we have to have some at QB.

We have to because there is nobody in F/A that is even remotely worth anything.

Date: November 21, 2018 04:25AM

Dont say we are going to draft a qb in the first round please. Dont say it because doris is going to have a stroke.

Date: November 21, 2018 07:42AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Dont say we are going to draft a qb in the first
> round please. Dont say it because doris is going
> to have a stroke.

Im enjoying the season. Your the one screaming draft in the middle of it. If anyone is stroking out it will be you.....and no blaming it on too many empanadas and cigars.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 22, 2018 11:45AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Well talking draft mid season is tough.
> Im all for drafting a QB , but NOT TRADING UP.
> These picks are two valuable. Lets see where we
> end picking, lets see whos availble.
> But trading up never works out
> . The only thing that works out is picking the
> right players.you do that with more picks, not
> less. You have 7 picks.. 3 start , you did
> well.
> You have 4-5 You would be lucky to get 2 solid
> players.......and so on.

Treasure, I have said that on many occasions (not trading up), but...next draft may be a different case. Injuries are happening too often now for RT. The knee injury I don't have a problem with; its his shoulder (the throwing shoulder). I doubt anyone, either here on this board or even the coaches, have a strong conviction that RT will be able to play out the whole game, or even the whole season. I am hoping he does, but....

Miami needs to get a starting-caliber QB, either in next year's draft or during FA or trade. I realize there are only a few "good"
QBs coming out in next year's draft and Miami will "probably" have to trade up to get one of them, but Miami does need to get one.

If RT finishes out the year in good health, then the Miami brass will have to work on getting him to agree to a pay cut. As I said once before, I think RT is the type of person who understands he is due a lot of money, but has not earned it, so he just may agree. However, I doubt he will drop his salary too far.

There are a lot of issues through the whole team that the brass has to solve, but as you have said, good players have to be drafted, signed in FA, or traded for.

Let's see what happens during the off season.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 22, 2018 11:52AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Dont say we are going to draft a qb in the first
> round please. Dont say it because doris is going
> to have a stroke.

Sam, I can (almost) guarantee that if one of the top QBs falls to Miami (would be a miracle if that happened), Treasure would be on board.

He just doesn't want to trade up and lose a few draft picks to do it. Miami STILL has too many holes they must fill. Miami needs to have a terrific draft, get a few starters in FA, and if any trades are made, ensure it is a trade that favors Miami.

They also need to get their starters back from IR to help strengthen the team (Sitton, Kilgore...)

Date: November 22, 2018 01:30PM

> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well talking draft mid season is tough.
> > Im all for drafting a QB , but NOT TRADING UP.
> > These picks are two valuable. Lets see where we
> > end picking, lets see whos availble.
> > But trading up never works out
> > . The only thing that works out is picking the
> > right players.you do that with more picks, not
> > less. You have 7 picks.. 3 start , you did
> > well.
> > You have 4-5 You would be lucky to get 2 solid.
> >

What a beautiful post. Would have been great in April of 2018. But again when Rosen was snatched right before we picked, that QB class was MUCH better than is coming up in 2019.

Date: November 23, 2018 05:40AM

Capkoi looks like we will have to wait until the 2020 draft to snatch that star qb..

I said it before im willing to wait forever for this team to get better and get that gem qb.

In 2020 we have to do everything posible to get that star qb.

There will be some good one coming out in 2020. Looks like herbert is coming out in 2020.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 23, 2018 08:58AM

For a QB trade in 2019 I'd go after Nick Foles. Hands down the best backup in the NFL - A proven winner and the bragging rights of being a SB MVP, against the Pats at that.

I don't think Philly can stay under the cap if they keep him next year - they're due to pay him 20 mil if they keep him & that's a lot for a backup. Any pick at a QB in the draft is always a risk no matter what round.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.