Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          You know what!? This guy has a point.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
You know what!? This guy has a point.....
Date: November 13, 2018 12:10PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You know what!? This guy has a point.....
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 13, 2018 02:13PM

Date: November 14, 2018 04:04AM

You see Tannehill everywhere dont you Sam? PTSD Tannehill. You really need to seek help if you cant even have a conversation without going full Tannehill. Not healthy brother.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 14, 2018 06:04AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You see Tannehill everywhere dont you Sam? PTSD
> Tannehill. You really need to seek help if you
> cant even have a conversation without going full
> Tannehill. Not healthy brother.

I will remind you since you dont realize it:

Qb is the most important part of a team. You dont score you dont win....Thats why the dolphins have been losers for the last 30 years. They never picked a qb in the 1st round until they picked the wr/qb tannehill. And he never could take this team to the promise land. Never will because he is just good enough to miss the playoffs every year. And pick around 20ish in every round therefore missing on a top notch qb like we did this year..

And god knows there been good ones we missed on....Winston, marriotta the rams qb, brees, rodgers. matt ryan,.....3 or 4 qbs in 2018 drafted by the bills, jets etc....EDIT: Yes jury is still out on them 4..

Yes tannehill is the focal point on any dolphin fan. He is our starting qb.

You dont get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2018 06:28AM by samsam3738.

Date: November 14, 2018 06:10AM

And instead of picking any of them qbs i mention...They pick Olinemen....corners, safties Lbs DEnds dion jordan.

Your plan hasnt worked since dan retired..

Want proof...?

You put rodgers starting for these phins today with all the injuries we've had, and we will definetely make the playoffs in 2018.

guaranteed.

Do you see him how he buys time when the protection by the oL breaks down?

When the protection on the phins OLine breaks down, tannehill like a deer in the headlights waits inside the pocket untill he gets sacked...

At least osweiler throws it away and doesnt lose 10 yards...>And he stinks too. Dont get me wrong.

Thats the story of dolphans.

Date: November 14, 2018 06:13AM

And you in love with tannehill i dont know why you say that my focal point is tannehill? Your is is too.

And you know dam well what i mean..

You love him as a player.

Date: November 14, 2018 06:25AM

Dont front TCPF.....You know exactly what i mean:::::

And when we do have a chance of picking a player other than qb like randy moss....((((((((i was waiting like a hawk....i remember saying drop please drop to 20)))))) He had off field issues but a lot of these guys coming out of college do.....

We had the 20 pick that year....What jimmy do? He trades down like 10 spots and picks john avery...?????KILL ME NOW.

How about eddie moore in the second???

This organization has done wrong moves all around since don shula retired...

Shula was a great coach just like belicheat is now......and they had or have one thing in common, a hall of fame qb...

The complete oppossite of tannehill...

And until we do get that great qb and build around him, we will continue to struggle as a organization.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: November 14, 2018 07:37AM

samsam3738 Wrote:

> And god knows there been good ones we missed
> on....Winston, marriotta the rams qb, brees,
> rodgers. matt ryan,.....3 or 4 qbs in 2018 drafted
> by the bills, jets etc....EDIT: Yes jury is still
> out on them 4..
>

Since when was Winston any good. He isn't even a starter right now. We didn't miss out on Marriota, he went number 2 his year behind Winston. We didn't miss out on Goff either, he went number 1 and Wentz was 2. I do agree that we missed out on Brees, Rodgers and Ryan but so did 30 other teams if you want to look at it that way. We also did not miss on any of the QB class last year since they all went before Miami picked.

With very few exceptions this whole roster sucks. Why sell the future for someone you don't have faith in??? This team would still suck and not make the playoffs with Rodgers. Not with NE in our division and the other wildcard teams in the AFC.

This is a team sport not a QB sport. I love Mahomes but do you think he would do what he is doing with our O-line, TE's and WR's??? Hill, Hunt and Kelce are all beast and he has an above average O-line. Not great but good.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 14, 2018 12:23PM

Grimey, we best NE first game of the season and yes 30 other teams did also pass on Drew..but here is the big BUT ...
we picked CORNERBACK Jamar Fletcher at about number 30 of 32 AND THEN Brees went the 2nd pick or so in the 2nd round.

Lastly and unforgiverably, our management did this even though ChyrenB was on this chatboard screaming for them to do so.winking smiley

*****You've got to watch the auto correct on devices. I typed Brees and it auto corrected to Breed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2018 12:31PM by ChyrenB.

Date: November 14, 2018 12:52PM

Guarantee you we make playoffs with rodgers on this team. Even with all the other injuries.

Date: November 14, 2018 12:58PM

And yes we missed out on all the qbs i mentioned.....with tannehill weve been good e oght to not have a shot at neither of them.......i also disagree about winston he is a very good qb.

Date: November 14, 2018 01:00PM

UNTIL WE GET A SUPERSTAR QB WE GONNA KEEP STINKING KEEP DRAFTING A QB UNTIL YOU HIT ON ONE....

Date: November 14, 2018 01:02PM

We keep drafting ol and corners and dends in the first round that why we suck like we suck.

Date: November 14, 2018 01:53PM

Run for comfort from the horrors to the cradle. The cradle of Quarterbacks. The pace that birthed Len Dawson, Bob Greise, Jim Everett, Mark Hermann, Drew Brees.

IN other words, BLOUGH!!! All Hail, Hail to Ole Purdue!!!!!

Edited to add: Damn auto correct again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2018 02:10PM by ChyrenB.

Date: November 14, 2018 02:15PM

Sam, it's because some of us don't realize how important the quarterback is to 21st Century (and even late 20th Century) football.

When I first fell in love with football, I played midget football in Oklahoma in 1958.

My best friend was Earl Holmes. He played fullback. I played Center. Our hero was Jim Brown of the Cleveland Browns.

In those days the Quarterback was just the guy who handed off the ball.

Today, it's a Quarterback game. You can have a great "everything else" but if you don't have a great QB (like NE, or Carolina, or Pitt), you don't go far.

Date: November 15, 2018 01:47AM

The only ones we truly missed on was Brees, Rodgers and Ryan. The rest had no chance at all. Sam you are awesome but Winston is hot garbage. I would take Lamar Jackson over Winston and he hasn't even started a game....YET....

Watch that auto correct stuff Chyren...It has got me in to trouble a couple times.

Maybe we make the playoffs with Rodgers but we aren't winning the division. The wildcard would have to be the spot for us to make the play offs. The refs will not allow us to take the division away from NE.

Date: November 15, 2018 04:32AM

Lol. I give it a reast for a day and Sam has a meltdown talking to himself.eye rolling smiley

Picking linemen, safties, corners was the right move.you just need to pick the right ones.we drafted more then a few QBs....only 1 in the first round and according to you they didnt work out either. BAD DRAFT PICKS ARE BAD DRAFT PICKS.Doesnt matter the position.

Up until the 4th Qtr we were still in the game with the packers. You Garantee a superstar QB and we are in the playoffs . Superbowl bound.

What happened from 83-2000? Why no Championships with the best QB ever?
Because you as usual are speaking from your arse, not your brain. Lol.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 15, 2018 10:30AM

When we had Marino, we had neither a running game NOR any defense.

The QB is very important but not he is not able to do EVERYTHING (including defense) all by himself.

Date: November 16, 2018 04:19AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> When we had Marino, we had neither a running game
> NOR any defense.
>
> The QB is very important but not he is not able to
> do EVERYTHING (including defense) all by himself.

We were winners with marino, we were always in the playoffs, many winning seasons, playing for afc champioships ect..We always had a chance. Thats all we can ask for.

With the wet firecracker we cant even make the playoffs...And now he has a boo boo and can't play.

Face it TCPF , tannehill quit on this team.

On top of been a wet firecracker, he is also a quitter.

THE QUITTING WET FIRECRACKER.

Date: November 16, 2018 06:27AM

Do you really believe he quit or are you just stirring the pot?

If he really quit he wouldn't be trying to come back. Still up in the air but I believe he will be back after this week. Not that it matters.

Date: November 16, 2018 06:36AM

I truly believe he quit!

I will keep believing he quit until he finally plays.

I don't believe he injured at all anymore.

That or....

He believes he can't play behind this oline anymore. He believes he will get hurt again behind this Oline.

Date: November 16, 2018 06:49AM

Fair enough Sam.

Date: November 16, 2018 06:08PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I truly believe he quit!
>
> I will keep believing he quit until he finally
> plays.
>
> I don't believe he injured at all anymore.
>
> That or....
>
> He believes he can't play behind this oline
> anymore. He believes he will get hurt again behind
> this Oline.

Didnt he have a 49 yd run in the first game? A 3 game winning streak? Why would he quit? You make about as much sense as a solar powered flaslight.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 17, 2018 05:33AM

There is no way in hell RT quit on the team. The guy has a shoulder injury, and couldn't throw. It's just that simple. People however can belive whatever they choose too no matter how stupid it is.

Date: November 17, 2018 05:52AM

Ken Wrote:
> There is no way in hell RT quit on the team. The
> guy has a shoulder injury, and couldn't throw.
> It's just that simple. People however can belive
> whatever they choose too no matter how stupid it
> is.

Heres a beer Ken.smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2018 06:31AM

> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I truly believe he quit!
> >
> > I will keep believing he quit until he finally
> > plays.
> >
> > I don't believe he injured at all anymore.
> >
> > That or....
> >
> > He believes he can't play behind this oline
> > anymore. He believes he will get hurt again
> behind
> > this Oline.
>
>
> Didnt he have a 49 yd run in the first game? A 3
> game winning streak? Why would he quit? You make
> about as much sense as a solar powered flaslight.

Says miss doris day. Tannehill quit on this team. People can believe otherwise. Its their right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2018 06:59AM by samsam3738.

Date: November 17, 2018 10:19AM

Sam Sam......you make as much sense as the Broward county Election/voting board......drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2018 10:56AM

> Sam Sam......you make as much sense as the Broward
> county Election/voting board......drinking smiley

Sure doris.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 18, 2018 05:02AM

With RT's work ethic there is no way he quit on the team. If he could have played he would have, there really shouldn't be a question about that.

Sam, if we trade for Carr we will not draft a QB...not in the first or second rounds anyway...which means a career backup in 99% of cases. There really isnt anyone else that might be available thats even remotely worth picking up. And Carr is far from a guarenteed improvement.

Drafting one is the best move and we'd have to be in the top spot to do it...that is sure to be expensive and will not bear immediate fruit. IMHO, that will take at least five picks, and maybe even a couple of players too. The problem is if there isn't an immediate improvement fans will once again bitch and that will be a staff turnover causing us to be right where we are now for ANOTHER 5-7 years.

I don't see that we have an alternative however.

Date: November 18, 2018 09:18AM

The Alternative is to make better picks. Our draft history and lack of coaching is the reason Ryan Tannehill hasn't succeeded. Gase took us to the play offs in the first season. The injury to Tannehill slowed a lot of progress everywhere. We started winning out of the gate until injuries popped up everywhere. I still think hes done a great job keeping us completive considering the amount of injuries.

Just throwing our future away for a QB with no team is beyond stupid and reckless. A first rounder? At this point sure. I wasn't for that with Tannehill , but I'm starting to see we could use some youngblood. Spend a first rounder if someone is available. But how many...……!!? 5 plus players!? Are you Fing crazy? Set this team back yrs. Sam will just bitch and moan some more with no answers or real solutions.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.