HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins Wins and Losses
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins Wins and Losses
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 05, 2018 03:28AM

Dolphins had another close win yesterday. Of the 21 victories under Gase, only 3 games have been decided by more than one score (8 points); Denver in 2017 (26 pts), Pittsburgh (15 pts) and Jets (21 pts) in 2016. Other than those games, the average margin of victory is 5.06 points.

In the 20 losses on the other hand, only 5 games have been close (one score). Average margin of loss under Gase is 15.95 points.

So either the Dolphins squeak out a victory or we get destroyed. I think this reflects poorly on the coaches and their ability to prepare of games. Roughly 50% of the games the Dolphins step on the field, they are outmatched, ill-prepared and lose by more than 2 touchdowns.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins Wins and Losses
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 05, 2018 10:25AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 05, 2018 10:40AM

As Osweiler plays more games, he will get more comfortable with AND more knowledgeable of the rest of the team and vice versa for them. Tannehill will NEVER be comfortable in the pocket.

It's almost criminal to take a racehorse like him, Tannehill, and put him in a harness.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 05, 2018 10:13PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As Osweiler plays more games, he will get more
> comfortable with AND more knowledgeable of the
> rest of the team and vice versa for them.
> Tannehill will NEVER be comfortable in the
> pocket.
>
> It's almost criminal to take a racehorse like him,
> Tannehill, and put him in a harness.

Here's where I respectably disagree with you Chy - I don't think Brock will get any better than he already is.

Quite frankly, I think he's pretty shitty for QB who was mentored by and played behind Peyton Manning. I don't know how he took his notes, but he sure doesn't look like it. He was shit-canned by Denver not long after Peyton left don't ya think?

Anyway, the numbers/stats for Os & RT this season are pretty close even though they're totally different animals. Square peg in a round hole or not, I still think RT is a better QB than Brock. That said, I don't think RT will get any better than he already is either.

Here's what I think - I doubt RT will be ready to play anytime soon. I think his shoulder injury is pretty damn bad and who knows...He might not even be in a Dolphins uniform next season. There's no guarantee for that either way.

When you look at the cap hit for him next year ($26,611,666) it doesn't look good. Is he really worth that much? He could be damaged goods from here on out, & he will be if he's rushed to play and doesn't fully heal. $8,676,666 for this year is a huge difference.

Some won't agree but I'd like to see Fales get some starting reps already to see what he has. After all, he'd only be taking over for another backup QB and it just might be his time to shine. No matter what, Miami has a big QB decision to make after this season.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 05, 2018 11:46PM

I don't think there's much difference between the 2 qbs. Osweiler has much better pocket presence, but also in year 7, he is who he is.

As for the remainder of the season it really doesn't matter who is in at QB. Tannehill will take more sacks but Osweiler will miss more open WRs.

If I had to choose I'd pick osweiler. The O looks like it runs more smoothly with him in there. It really isn't saying much because our glorified OC calls runs on 3rd and long but he does keep plays alive better than tannehill.

Our only saving grace is we still play the bills twice.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 06, 2018 06:01AM

The only games we have left we have a chance of winning is Buffalo...and I say chance because if they had ANY offense they'd have beaten the Pats.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.