Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I'm Tired of Mediocre- what do you think of this idea?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I'm Tired of Mediocre- what do you think of this idea?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 29, 2018 06:59PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm Tired of Mediocre- what do you think of this idea?
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 30, 2018 03:29AM

Doesn't go far enough.

Maybe an ownership, management and coaching trade would make it really work to defeat mediocrity.

In reality, I can see Parker being traded for draft picks.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 30, 2018 03:45AM

Didn't vote yet, but honestly has a lot more to do with who'd be making the picks and developing & coaching them to me. If someone is willing to give us something legitimate for Cam Wake (I'd genuinely hate to see him go), then it could make sense. If a team offered a 2nd for Parker, I'd take it (though I genuinely would fear that it would come back to haunt us as he gets things figured out and/or luckier with health with, say, NE). The idea that a team would give a 3rd for a currently-hurt Tannehill and his $26 mill contract next year would give me pause to think "what do they know that I don't?" We'd have to somehow convince them that he's gonna play this year (otherwise they'd wait until the offseason, I suppose)...and he's not even necessarily playing for us next week.

Even if each of those players gets us a 3rd somehow (which I think is very optimistic), what would our current regime do with 3 more 3rds? History says we'd get more Jerome Baker's, Tankersley's, Drake's & Carroo's...further back we get Turner's and Dallas Thomas. I don't think the extra picks help us make some franchise-turning 1st-round move.

I'm probably more in the camp of: if you can make a move and get one over on a team today...sure, go ahead...if not, then see how the season plays out and make moves accordingly...perhaps much more sweeping moves than simply trading Parker. Sadly, I guess I'm admitting that I don't think that either keeping or trading players today would make much difference relative to what may or may not need to happen overall.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 30, 2018 04:44AM

Tanneyhill hasn't played a complete season in 4 years. No one is going to trade for him.

A 2nd for Parker seems a bit rich as well for an up-and-down player in the final (perhaps) year of his rookie contract.

Probably looking at 4th or later for either one

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 30, 2018 08:38AM

Wake needs to go, he no longer gets consistent pressure and all to often he cant set the edge...he's simply too old. Maybe we should keep him if we had a stud in front of him and we used him in limited situations, but we dont.

I'd give Parker till the end of the season to show that he's the stud WR we need...he'd have to know that he has to have each game the rest of the way like the one he had last week or better in order to stay. If he disappears, so does his job. No bad games allowed.

Right now it's looking like we finish 4-12...Because if we continue to play like we have over the last month, we will not win another game.

We have to add 2 OG's, 1 or 2 DT's, 1 LB, 1 WR, and 1 QB. That's a tall order because each has to be a top shelf talent with the possible exception of QB but that player must be able to complete with, push, or possibly replace RT.

I still think RT is talented enough with solid help and limited injuries but we gotta get someone to apply pressure to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2018 10:24AM by Ken.

Date: October 30, 2018 11:43AM

AXE Swing. I'm all in for trades and draft picks next season. Do it. Get what you can get. LOAD up.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 30, 2018 07:40PM

Well no trades by the deadline, so I guess Miami is protecting their mediocrity by Armando's theory but I understand what he's saying. But the question I have is would this FO make the right picks for this team come draft day?

I'm on board with the Colonel's feeling that making trades for players and draft picks doesn't go far enough. For example, I don't know how Gase can be happy with where this team is at - “I like where we’re at right now” he said. So tell me...If Belichick were the HC for this team right now would he be happy? No way Jose.

Is what it is - In other words we're screwed, and this season is just another more of the same.

Date: October 31, 2018 04:04AM

We had a good run until the Oline fell apart.

The defense had mental breakdowns i can only attribute to coaching

Hit the offseason head on the Oline.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 31, 2018 05:15AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well no trades by the deadline, so I guess Miami
> is protecting their mediocrity by Armando's theory
> but I understand what he's saying. But the
> question I have is would this FO make the right
> picks for this team come draft day?
>
> I'm on board with the Colonel's feeling that
> making trades for players and draft picks doesn't
> go far enough. For example, I don't know how Gase
> can be happy with where this team is at - “I
> like where we’re at right now” he said. So
> tell me...If Belichick were the HC for this team
> right now would he be happy? No way Jose.
>
> Is what it is - In other words we're screwed, and
> this season is just another more of the same.

RE: Just because Gase says he likes where we're at right now, in no way should be interpeted as the truth. There is no way Gase is happy with his team right now or at any time after week three. Gase plays things close to the vest and he's trying to keep the team moving despite it falling apart with an overwhelming litany of injuries we, nor he can overcome.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 31, 2018 05:38AM

Thats the coaches job be positive all the time.

This team has way too many injuries. And we need a good QB.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 31, 2018 06:21AM

Well I guess I'm being too critical of Gase probably because I question some of his play calling. Halfway through the season and decimated with injuries isn't his fault. This defense has become embarrassing. Same old story year after year with the swiss cheese defense & o-line - Seems like it'll never be fixed. How much of the lack of player performance and inconsistency is HE responsible for? Can he really lead?

I remember Suh being double teamed and nobody taking advantage of it.
Also seems like the loss of key players doesn't affect other teams as much as the Dolphins. Hard to see an identity and serious motivation. Other teams "next man up" seems to be more ready - Don't know but it could just be me who feels like that.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 31, 2018 07:15AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doesn't go far enough.
>
> Maybe an ownership, management and coaching trade
> would make it really work to defeat mediocrity.
>
> In reality, I can see Parker being traded for
> draft picks.

I wish he had been.

Rick

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 31, 2018 01:14PM

The trades would have to come with a good position(s) for draft picks. Enough of the 4th, 5th 6th round picks. These (usually) go nowhere.

The majority of these (wannabe) trades is that there is no depth behind them. Injuries and poor coaching have led to this. Quite often, when I see that Miami has signed so-and-so off the streets, I quite often say "who?" Or...I say "why?"

As far as Tannehill, he will have to somehow take a pay cut. No way Miami will pay him $26M for the few games he has played over the last few years.

Not sure where RT is or will be with his injuries, but a QB MUST be picked in the draft (one who has a good chance of starting). Oz is who he is...average to poor QB. Most of those numbers he has racked up this season are YAC.

I asked this before, but what QBs does anyone see coming out in the next year's draft that would be worth a high pick?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.