Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          SamSam3738 and ChrenB wanted a qb in the first round. And predicted Tannehill was going to get hurt in 2018.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
SamSam3738 and ChrenB wanted a qb in the first round. And predicted Tannehill was going to get hurt in 2018.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 05:49AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SamSam3738 and ChrenB wanted a qb in the first round. And predicted Tannehill was going to get hurt in 2018.
Date: October 25, 2018 05:54AM

And so what if the rookie we drafted struggled......He would be learning for next year and beyond.

We aint winning anything in a while with the current qbs we have on this roster anyways.

Look at the rams qb....we beat the heck out of him last year or before last i dont remember well.

He is turning out to be very good right?

Hey phins try beating him today.

Re: SamSam3738 and ChrenB wanted a qb in the first round. And predicted Tannehill was going to get hurt in 2018.
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 05:59AM

No QB there in the first for us to take with that pick. It's a moot point to bring up. Could they have traded up? Sure, but would have lost so much just to move up a couple spots.

Why reach for a QB with our pick. All that was left were QB's projected in round 2 or later.

Now for Tanne being hurt yes you were right but at least it isn't his leg...haha...

Date: October 25, 2018 06:04AM

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 07:39AM

Oh I agree with you on any injury hurts. I am just stating that it isn't his leg...Would not have put money on that

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 08:32AM

The question regarding whether we should've drafted a QB or not won't be answered for a while because it'll take some time to determine whether any of them turn out to be franchise QBs. We had no chance to get Mayfield, Darnold, or Allen. We might've been able to get Rosen by outbidding Arizona for the pick, but who knows. Therefore, Lamar Jackson was the only borderline 1st round talent at QB we could've taken. Number 8 was too high for him but I guess we could've traded down and still taken him. I'm not sold on Jackson but like I said, we'll see how his career goes over the next few years.

That said, I do think we should've taken a QB in the latter rounds as a developmental guy. Yes, we have Falk but I think there were better prospects that were potentially available in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Again, we'll see how Mike White (my favorite), Kyle Lauletta, or Mason Rudolph (my second pick) will do in the future.

However, so far, there's really been no drop-off between Tannehill's performance and Osweiler's (can't believe I said that). The real reason for the team's struggles have been defense against the run and offensive line. I don't care who the QB was, you aren't going to be successful if your guards play like Larsen and Davis. Period. You can't allow 250 rushing yards to Detroit and not realize you have a real problem with your run defense. Sitton was a good signing, but the real mistake was not having anyone else on the roster who was an even average guard. Davis was getting a lot of praise for his play last year and I just didn't see it then, and I don't see it now. Should we draft a QB next year in the first round? If there's anyone worthy of it, an emphatic yes. But, until the other problems with this team are addressed (guards, defensive line, linebacker, corner back) not even the second coming of Danny will overcome those deficiencies.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 25, 2018 10:45AM

Agree Fins72--

With the subpar play of our interior linemen (guards) neither pass or running plays can be very productive or consistent. Face it, we have a real problem at guard and it will be seen again tonight during the Texans game.

If there's a top notch QB prospect in the next NFL draft, we should carefully consider whether it is time to make a pick. Otherwise, the Dolphins need to do everything possible to develop the offensive line. A first round pick is not necessary but perhaps guards in the 2nd to 4th round may improve the quality of play at those positions and provide better bench strength.

On defense our LB corps plays poorly. Alonso is slow footed, doesn't cover TEs very well, misses RBs penetrating the line, and typically has to chase down opponents after they gain 5-10 yards. He has a motor and works hard, however, he's below average, at best.

Date: October 25, 2018 12:42PM

ChrenB Incoming pm.

Date: October 25, 2018 02:00PM

Hmmmmmmmmmeye rolling smiley

Didnt see Sammy this passionate when we were 3-0 and Tannehill was killing it becuase he actually had a decent Oline.

Nows hes hurt and hes dancing around a fire like Tom Hanks when he made a fire in Castaway.

Lol. Think this irks me in the least Sam?

I went to one of the best live games ive ever seen against the Bears with my boys. Exciting and I was Dolphins fan.

Your Fing miserable in the off season, when we play and the draft. I dont know why you even watch anymore. Do you get any enjoyment ever bro!!!!?

Sad. Im maki g a little fire and going to watch Miami.......Go Dolphins!!!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 25, 2018 02:17PM

Problem here is there were only two QB's worth being taken with our pick. Mayfield and Darnold...Our staff was right in not taking one of the others. Now I'm not saying one of the others was not worth drafting just not when we picked. We got my favorite as far as realistic option go, in Falk. So IMHO, not drafting a QB when we picked was the right pick. I really like the Fitzpatrick pick...Even though I would have taken Edmunds.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 25, 2018 06:18PM

I agree with Ken on everything except using the pick on Fitzpatrick. All the QBs were gone but with the departures of all,our great offensive and defensive linemen, I would have gone there instead of Minkah.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 25, 2018 06:58PM

Hey dont leave me out of this mix, dammit i have been saying forever that tanny sucks and he will constantly be hurt!! I am flying down to miami for the buffalo game in December, my very first home game ever as i live in NJ. I am almost embarrassed to go, this team is absolute shit, the coaches are shit and the management is shit. We couldnt cut our way out of a condom if you gave these assholes scissors. Yes i am being an ass and very critical, but 42yrs as a phan gives me that damn right. This year is atrocious and we cant draft shit years after years. Tank the season, fire the gm and get the 4th pic and start over again, and get a goddamn qb.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 07:13PM

Would have dropped down picked up some additional picks, but if we keep missing it doesn't matter. D and O lines have been bad but we lost 2 FA signings

Date: October 25, 2018 10:24PM

Bottom line is that our need to have drafted a QB has been proven right even though we ended up not being able to but at the same time, however, Treasure's argument that Tanny would just be fine, healthwise, has been proven wrong.

Date: October 26, 2018 01:54AM

Well Sammy had a good night! Did you enjoy that defensive performance!? Yeah Osweiler sucked.. made your day Sammy!? Lol.......Enjoy!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 26, 2018 04:15AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well Sammy had a good night! Did you enjoy that
> defensive performance!? Yeah Osweiler sucked..
> made your day Sammy!? Lol.......Enjoy!

No it didn't make my day. I hate when we lose.

Man you must be thinking....Boy was i wrong....

Chren And Sam were right and now they rubbing it all in my face.

Date: October 26, 2018 04:42AM

And fiedlerhater go crawl back into your miami hole dude. You only appear here when we lose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2018 06:00AM by samsam3738.

Date: October 26, 2018 05:41AM

Untrue, Sam i have posted when we win and have actually praised tanny this year in several posts stating he is playing better than i thought he would and that I would eat crow if I was actually wrong lol. well I sure dont have to eat anything, as expected this shit show continues. so bite me.

Date: October 26, 2018 05:55AM

Lol ok

Date: October 26, 2018 05:58AM

You a good dude fiedlerhater.....thank you for letting me get out my frustrations on you. Sorry...smileys with beer

Date: October 26, 2018 11:37AM

No Problem Sam, you are as well, shit with a team like this to root for, its a miracle if we can say anything positive anymore. Oh wait I can, DRAKE other than that lmao forget it. It honestly is the same thing year after year. shitty drafts the heralded players that they try to blow up your ass only to completely suck. Where is harris?? oh the great end with the giant wingspan and a motor that doesnt quit himmmmmmm ohhhh yeah ...........bust.thumbs up

Date: October 26, 2018 01:00PM

As far as Osweiler is concerned, this loss was a total team effort.

Sure he made mistakes but so did every other aspect of the team.

I visually saw the first half at one place and then at half time had to drive to another place to see the second half.

But what I saw was a total screw up plus the refs seemed to me to catch every Dolphin penalty but maybe only 70% of their penalties.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 27, 2018 12:12PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> As far as Osweiler is concerned, this loss was a
> total team effort.
>
> Sure he made mistakes but so did every other
> aspect of the team.
>
> I visually saw the first half at one place and
> then at half time had to drive to another place to
> see the second half.
>
> But what I saw was a total screw up plus the refs
> seemed to me to catch every Dolphin penalty but
> maybe only 70% of their penalties.

Just based on the first half alone, I saw that RT had no worries about whether or not he would be the starter when he gets back. Oz didn't look good, at all.

Date: October 27, 2018 12:30PM

Well, Cap, from the first half I agree with you on how he looked.

However, whether that means what you conclude about RT breathing easier we will see in the coming weeks.

I'd bet the other way because I never thought Tannehill looked relaxed in the pocket.

Os looked relaxed in both games but made some mistakes in the second game that you would have expected in the first game. Actually, if you had played those two games to someone who had been orbiting in space for the last five years and not told them the timing of the games but asked him to give you the timing, he would have said the second game came first and the first game came second.

What does that mean?

Does it mean he was over confident in the second game? Does it mean that the second opposing team carefully studied the tape of the first game? Was the first game just an aberration OR was the second game the aberration>

We'll see next week.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 29, 2018 04:34AM

Problem solved, actually. According to nfl.com, we have 2 of the top 4 passers (by QBR) in the league...Amendola & Wilson spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 03:08PM

Too many injuries to compete. Need to trade down and parker and get more picks and rebuild

Our Qb dont cut it neither do OL or DL

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 11, 2018 04:36PM

We need to do a complete rebuild, Gase, Tannenbaum, Grier, RT, Jones, Parker, Stills, Drake, Gore, Fitzpatrick, Grant, everybody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2018 04:38PM by Ken.

Date: November 11, 2018 05:56PM

You forgot Ross, Ken.

Date: November 11, 2018 08:08PM

Ken Wrote:
> We need to do a complete rebuild, Gase,
> Tannenbaum, Grier, RT, Jones, Parker, Stills,
> Drake, Gore, Fitzpatrick, Grant, everybody.

I think Fitzpatrick and Gore are the only healthy ones left bro...….

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.