HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Trade for derek Carr
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Trade for derek Carr
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 24, 2018 09:58AM

Tannehill is hurt all the time. And even with him playing like he plays we wont reach playoffs.

We need someone better.

Derek Carr is light years ahead of tannehill in talent.

We have no hope if we have to rely on tannehill and osweiler.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trade for derek Carr
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 24, 2018 10:33AM

Might, might not work.

I would just be afraid that the brainless trust in the front office would offer something like 19 & 20's first round picks for him.

Date: October 24, 2018 11:13AM

Your Clueless Sam as usual.
Let trade for Carr. Want to give up some picks too? Awesome. Now....whos going to block for him? Whos going to recieve? But its all Ryan Tannehills fault again. eye rolling smiley your a broken record.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 24, 2018 11:26AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2018 11:46AM

PaFinFan addressed this opening thread on its merits. The point is backing up the QB. The season and our chances are still alive.

For you, Treasure, it's still April draft time and you are still yelling "DON'T DRAFT A QB!"

The rest of us are still hoping for a Super Bowl run.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 24, 2018 12:04PM

We did draft a QB, without using a pick on one...Luke Falk. I wouldn't mind getting Carr and letting him compete with RT for the job, I have to agree with Treasure though, don't want to spend picks to get him, because we will need every pick we have to fill holes.

Date: October 24, 2018 12:55PM

Pa phin and what do we want first rounders for if we pick players like dion jordan.

Date: October 24, 2018 01:25PM

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 24, 2018 04:29PM

Our first rounders are to help the other 31 teams get the non-bust!! confused smiley

I think looking at Carr couldn't hurt. I'm not on the give up on Tannehill train yet but I am looking at the prices. My biggest worry about a move like this (and many others) is I just don't trust Tannenbaum to trade intelligently.

Date: October 24, 2018 05:42PM

Date: October 25, 2018 03:08AM

Someone got rid of Landry for a much cheaper knockoff Albert Wilson. He got hurt but it turned out to be a brillant move. There were a ton of good moves but the injuries have been brutal.
Not a big fan of Tannubaum but lets give him some credit.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 25, 2018 04:08AM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 25, 2018 01:15PM

toko told you guys that you won't miss Landry but this team has big issues!

Let's start with the coaching. Gase isn't turning out to be the guy we hoped he'd be. Obviously, the defense is lacking, we knew it wouldn't be as good without Suh...but at least there is promise in the secondary(which is gonna need a good coach to help them improve)We are not getting pressure on the QB from the Defensive line. The LB's as predicted- aren't good.

The offense side- well it's the bottom shelf for sure. Receivers are barely or not even adequate, they can't get open. The line is terrible, the qb play/passing game is unimaginative and weak. Only bright spot is Gore drinking from the fountain of youth and an occasional flash of Drake. I'd say the Franchise is 3 coaches away (hc, dc, oc) and about 15-17 players away from becoming competitive and yes, that now includes the QB position.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 29, 2018 07:20PM

At this point, I think Derek Carr has shown that he was a flash in the pan. He might be better than Tannehill, but not by enough to justify the price we would have to pay for him.

Rick

Date: October 30, 2018 11:45AM

I'd still like to see Tannehill play behind a competent Oline. When he has he's won. But so be it. At this point if we can get a decent pick for him do it. But we really need to hit the Oline in the draft. I know we have in the past , but we have missed consistantly.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 31, 2018 07:25AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd still like to see Tannehill play behind a
> competent Oline. When he has he's won. But so be
> it. At this point if we can get a decent pick for
> him do it. But we really need to hit the Oline in
> the draft. I know we have in the past , but we
> have missed consistantly.

Any QB is better behind a good o-line. I can't figure out why so many teams, including ours, don't put a much heavier emphasis on the lines, both offense and defense. The teams with the most effective lines win.

Rick

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 31, 2018 01:03PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'd still like to see Tannehill play behind a
> > competent Oline. When he has he's won. But so
> be
> > it. At this point if we can get a decent pick
> for
> > him do it. But we really need to hit the Oline
> in
> > the draft. I know we have in the past , but we
> > have missed consistantly.
>
> Any QB is better behind a good o-line. I can't
> figure out why so many teams, including ours,
> don't put a much heavier emphasis on the lines,
> both offense and defense. The teams with the most
> effective lines win.

The problem, dolphan4545, is that Miami HAS put emphasis on the OLine; they've done it for years and years. Problem is, with the exception of Jake Long, Miami has done a poor job of getting the right OLineman, or....they were not in a good position in the draft to get a good one. IMO, its a mixture of both.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 31, 2018 03:29PM

You can draft 1st round linemen from now till the deficit gets paid off and it won't do a damn bit of good if you can't get a coach to get them to play as a unit. What have we had? Coke tooters, bullygate's Jim Turner. Since Wannstadt we've had a string of first time HC's and inexperienced position coaches.
We tried polishing this turd by calling it the search for the next young Don Shula but the truth is that the coaches we wanted wouldn't give us the time of day and we had to settle for "not ready for prime time" wannabes...
Let's be frank, the ONLY reason Tannehill was selected in the first round was because of Philbin and Sherman, both of whom were let go for incompetence and ineptitude, and not before Philbin expressed regret and wished he could have gotten Carr instead.
Certainly Tannehill's got the arm, the athleticism, the work ethic, the prototypical size. What he doesn't seem to have is the football CPU.
No doubt the guy is smart but, a lot of times it doesn't show up at game speed. There's a reason why Gase calls so many screens when Tannehill is playing and it's because it takes the decision making away from the QB.
Sure, he would do much better behind a stellar line but, so would Henne, Ray Lucas, AJ Feeley, even Cutler.
As much as we all want stability and consistency at the HC position if Gase can't grow into his position soon we have to move on and get a veteran coach to run the show.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 01, 2018 02:33AM

Date: November 10, 2018 07:49PM

Start this April's draft like it is the draft of April 1967.

Draft Purdue Quarterback, David Blough. Meow! Blough.

Date: November 11, 2018 05:38AM

Heres the Problem. As a Police Officer I go to many calls over and over and see the same things over and over. People move to Florida from the North east thinking they can escape their problems and issues with some sunshine and palm trees. Nope. Its the same old same old because they never address their issues. Their problems.

Same as overweight people I know. 2 of them went and got stomach surgery to cure the obesity. Guess what? They still ate like fat F**ks do and within a matter of time they were over weight again.

My Point? Not to make fun of people with issues. (SAM SaM) eye rolling smiley But If you don't take care of your core issues ANY new QB is just going to get swallowed up and eaten alive.

Miami needs to address its Oline for ANY QB to be successful. Yes I know they have TRIED to address it. Many times. But failed draft picks or not the matter needs to be addressed. Better picks, healthier free agents. Injuries happen every season to every Team.

But Miami seems to be wayyyyyy over the average. Why? Could the firing of trainer Kevin O'neil have anything to do with it? These items need addressing. Seems our players were pretty healthy up until he was thrown out. This team needs to start looking outside the box for answers. A Rookie QB wont last long here in this environment.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 11, 2018 06:32AM

quote tcpf....My Point? Not to make fun of people with issues. (SAM SaM) eye rolling smiley But If you don't take care of your core issues ANY new QB is just going to get swallowed up and eaten alive.

fIRST ISSUE WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OFF IS GET RID OF THE WET FIRECRACKER.

Date: November 11, 2018 06:33AM

tcpf quote:
Miami needs to address its Oline for ANY QB to be successful.

rotflmao

Date: November 11, 2018 06:35AM

bUT IF WE HAVE A $UCK@$$ QB LIKE TANNEHILL...THEN THE ol WONT MATTER.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 11, 2018 09:29AM

It won't matter until we can put a complete team on the field. This team with all of its injuries is better with Brady at the helm but only by two games.

As far as RT goes, if he goes on IR as is looking very possible right now, I think he's played his last games as a Dolphin. Missing the last two seasons, a knee injury added (OK on this) to a throwing shoulder injury (much more worrisome) and his cap hit next season makes it likely he's gone.

Problem is, who do you replace him with...

Date: November 11, 2018 01:26PM

Date: November 11, 2018 04:34PM

Date: November 11, 2018 05:54PM

Date: November 11, 2018 08:07PM

Date: November 12, 2018 04:20AM

Admit it tcpf you were wrong about both osweiler and tannehill.

They both stink.

The point is we never making playoffs without a good qb.

We should had drafted one.

The truth is right in front of your face and you cant see it.

you think by drafting Olinemen and safeties and corners in the first ronund we going to get better.

What we need to draft is a qb in the first round.

If we would had drafted a real qb in the first we wouldnt be in this mess.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.