Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill does not hold the ball too long!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tannehill does not hold the ball too long!
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 21, 2018 07:31AM

I have heard many posters say this, and It seemed that way to me too. On one of the NFL shows, they trotted out a stat that Tannehill is second in the league with an average release time of 2.5 seconds. This struck me as odd and totally wrong, so I did some research. It turns out that its TRUE, he does get rid of the ball fast, except on third downs. Then, he does hold it too long, and he never developed the sense of when its time to throw it away, so he seldom does. So, on earlier downs, he does get rid of the ball fast. When it counts, though, on the all-important third downs, he does hold it too long and also makes poor decisions, so it seems to us that he holds it too long all the time.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannehill does not hold the ball too long!
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 21, 2018 07:44AM

I have been saying this for a few years now. yet the myth persists

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 21, 2018 07:54AM

I'm not a stat geek so, I could be completely wrong but, what's the chances of that?
One of the complaints of Gase's unimaginative play calling is the heavy reliance on the bubble screen.
Here the play calls for a quick release usually behind the LOS. No progressions, just snap and dump. That would tend to skew your release time numbers. Not really a great number for the QB since it doesn't tend to showcase your cerebral talents.
That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 23, 2018 11:25AM

I'm not a stat geek, either, I just heard that particular stat on one of those NFL Network shows, and after doing a double take, It struck me odd, so I checked it out. I definitely tend to agree with you about skewed results.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.