HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          'Da Bears up next....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
'Da Bears up next....
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 08, 2018 03:53AM

Next "foe" are the 'Da Bears. They seem to be a real up and coming team. On the other hand, our O-line is once again battered and failing miserably with our subs and it's hard to imagine that any of our 4 Dolphins QBs could do much to run the offense effectively. Sad to say, but I expect 'Da Bears to run all over the Dolphins this coming Sunday. We can't even "fire and fall back" to regroup as our weakness remains in several places, just to name a few...ownership, management, coaching and no bench strength.

Looking at the standings in both conferences, there are lots of teams with worse records than the Dolphins, now 3 and 2. Yet, some are coming together and learning how to win even when injuries change the face of their offense or defense. If we lived in a fantasy world, our subs would step up and provide protection on pass plays and push defenders out of the way on running plays. However, nothing but a deal with the devil could make Gase a better play caller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 'Da Bears up next....
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 05:23AM

It's going to be an ugly game for Miami. Mack might set the record for sacks in a single game. Without a doubt, this collections of stiffs is the worst offensive line I've seen...ever. Davis doesn't even slow down the pass rusher. Larsen, if you can believe it is even worse. If Swanson wasn't playing center for the Dolphins, he be showing people where the hardware section is in Home Depot. Sam Young... what do you say about a guy that literally couldn't block a 90 year old dementia ridden arthritic grandmother missing one leg. How in the hell this guy is in the league is a testament to how incredibly inept Tannenbaum is in finding talent. If Young is playing tackle against the Bears, Gase will be down to playing Jason Sanders at QB, which given the ineptitude of Tannehill would likely be a lateral move. How long until the draft?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 08, 2018 04:01PM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .. what do you say about a
> guy that literally couldn't block a 90 year old
> dementia ridden arthritic grandmother missing one
> leg.

What do I say? I say you're committing blatant (yet common) misuse of the word 'literally.'

I try to root for home grown players (Young is from Broward) but you do have a point.

Date: October 08, 2018 04:16PM

When Young proves to me that he can block Granny, I'll amend my use of the word literally. Until then, I stand by my statement.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 04:50PM

Back to .500

Mack will eat them up

Date: October 08, 2018 04:52PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> When Young proves to me that he can block Granny,
> I'll amend my use of the word literally. Until
> then, I stand by my statement.

Now that I think of it, my granny on my father's side was not to be messed with.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 08, 2018 07:47PM

How many have you seen? I've seen MUCH worse. However, these stiffs are OUR stiffs, so it seems worse than it is. Look at it this way - it can only get better.

Rick

Date: October 08, 2018 07:52PM

And here I thought I was the only one that gets annoyed at the misuse of the word "literally". The mispronunciation of the word "hyperbole" bugs me, too. (hy-per-bo-lee)

Rick

Date: October 08, 2018 07:54PM

It's still incorrect. I don't think Granny will find her way onto an NFL roster anytime soon.

Rick

Date: October 09, 2018 06:52AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> It's still incorrect. I don't think Granny will
> find her way onto an NFL roster anytime soon.

I never said that Granny would find her way onto an NFL roster, just that if one ever rushed the passer, Young would be unable to block her. I stand by my use of the word literally. If you can get Young to agree to take on a 90 year old grandmother, I'll find one that can get passed him, strip sack Tannehill, and hobble her way into the end zone for a defensive score. After the debacle on Sunday, I'm surprised that would surprise anyone.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 09, 2018 01:27PM

Don't bother, 72. He CAN'T understand.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 09, 2018 01:36PM

well I was hoping for a better outcome than what I had said would happen. There is still hope, they atleast show up in uniform. I am sick of hearing everyone blame other than tranny. yes our line sucks has for 10yrs. Yes out coach sucks incredibly, they have for years, our gm our Oc they all suck but nobody is throwing the goddamn ball but tranny. He is not good, If you need 51 damn pro bowlers to make your qb look good, seriously what is the point. Our Cb suck this whole team sucks and i still root for them, but until we get new front office and start all over its going to suck, year after year after year. There are not enough pro bowl talent in this team or the draft or free agency to make this crap look good. The owner and the office have to do a better job of finding players that can fit together and actually play the game instead of what the papers they look at say.

Date: October 09, 2018 02:31PM

I know it's sounds impossible but we need a new owner.

Date: October 09, 2018 07:27PM

"I never said that Granny would find her way onto an NFL roster, just that if one ever rushed the passer, Young would be unable to block her. I stand by my use of the word literally."

And, the misuse of the word "literally" is still incorrect.

Rick

Date: October 09, 2018 07:31PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Don't bother, 72. He CAN'T understand.

Ah. Ignorance is bliss.

Rick

Date: October 10, 2018 11:19AM

LOL, everyone KNOWS that YOU are speaking from expertise....LOL...your own as one who is afflicted, Rick.

Date: October 10, 2018 03:30PM

Cut it out, you two.

(edited---you should have seen what I originally posted eye rolling smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2018 03:32PM by JC.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 10, 2018 06:22PM

A new owner, or a brain transplant...or someone needs to take Ross out for drinks and a serious discussion.

Date: October 11, 2018 03:59AM

Ill be there!!
Fans are dropping like flies around here. I thought they would at least hang on to we went below .500.

But i was given two tickets and im taking my youngest . Ill take some Pics and try to add a fans perspective.

Oline once again. sad smiley .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 07:34AM

Maybe you our lucky charm tcpf. Maybe since you tannehills biggest fan are going to the game and he plays well.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 07:52AM

Maybe the WRs will get separation. Maybe the O-line will run block better. Maybe we won't continue to have injuries all over the place. Maybe Gase will quit before halftime and give the play calling duties to some fan in the stands. Maybe Tanne will actually put his big boy pants on and throw the freaking ball down the field.

No kids for me this weekend and I am taking the old lady to a concert on Saturday. So I plan on being hung over on Sunday so doubt I watch the game. So maybe they will start to put things together again.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 07:53AM

And if you happen to get an autograph from the wet firecracker tell em i say man up and play better.

Date: October 11, 2018 11:00AM

Hung over from a concert, Grimey? Sounds like one of those concerts I used to attend in the late 60s in Berkeley.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 11, 2018 11:49AM

Back then instead of a "hangover" they were called flashbacks.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 11, 2018 02:35PM

With the way our line is blocking, we will have a loooooong day Sunday. Hope we figure some things out quickly.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 12, 2018 02:09AM

Yes Chyren...No kids for the first time in a long time. I need to use that time wisely and not remember most of it.

I just don't get how the O-line can be so bad for so long. Well I guess that goes for most of the team including management...I am just praying Mack doesn't hurt some more lineman or Tanne.

Date: October 12, 2018 05:11AM

Kailil Mack is another local legend from here. My oldest son has played local pick up basketball games with him very recently. Alot of people are hoping he takes Tannehill out. I dont get the hate , but im clearly in the minority.

When the oline is healthy hes proved he is more then capable. Hes a tough guy, but I am concerned about Mack.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 12, 2018 06:02AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Kailil Mack is another local legend from here. My
> oldest son has played local pick up basketball
> games with him very recently. Alot of people are
> hoping he takes Tannehill out. I dont get the hate
> , but im clearly in the minority.
>
> When the oline is healthy hes proved he is more
> then capable. Hes a tough guy, but I am concerned
> about Mack.

Whatever one thinks about Tannehill, wanted him "taken out" is pretty foolish when Brock Osweiler is the back up. Mack would be a huge problem even if we had a competent offensive line, but with the collection of losers that are currently starting, it's disaster waiting to happen. Add to that the fact that whenever anyone gets within 5 feet of Tannehill, he does his best Jerry Lewis impression and this game is very likely to get very, very, very ugly. On the bright side, Chicago is a good example of how quickly fortunes can change when a team invests in a good coach, talented young QB, and someone in personnel who can make smart moves like trading for Mack.

Date: October 12, 2018 08:51AM

Look for Mack and Wilson to exchange high fives. Both played local high school ball and grew up here. No one saw Mack being this good though. Wow. College is where he was transformed. What a monster. They better be game planning for him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 12, 2018 10:40AM

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.