HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jordan Phillips Cut!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jordan Phillips Cut!!
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 02, 2018 11:43AM

Holy crap, they cut Jordan Phillips. Another wasted 2nd round pick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jordan Phillips Cut!!
Date: October 02, 2018 12:29PM

WTF? 1 week makes a heck of a difference huh?confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 02, 2018 03:20PM

And now OL and DT once again become our biggest off season priorities.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 02, 2018 04:31PM

Our biggest off season priorities is to get a true HC and not just a well paid OC.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 02, 2018 05:43PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Our biggest off season priorities is to get a true
> HC and not just a well paid OC.

We should also replace Grier and Tbum while we're at it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 02, 2018 06:05PM

808phan Wrote:
> Hooligan2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Our biggest off season priorities is to get a
> true
> > HC and not just a well paid OC.
>
> We should also replace Grier and Tbum while we're
> at it.

No, our number 1 priority is to get Ross to sell the team.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 03, 2018 04:25AM

Jordan Phillips' purported skill set never materialized. He was given plenty of time and just never quite made it. The embarrassment with the Patriots...probably was enough agitation in the minds of Gase and Company to make the cut without thinking. It should have happened far earlier IMO. He's fortunate to have made a good salary... and may find a spot on another team as a 2nd or 3rd stringer.

Date: October 03, 2018 04:40AM

What I don't get is how Ross can watch what's going on and not realize the incompetence that is ruining his billion dollar plus property.

We all knew on this board that Phillips was lazy and unmotivated at least 2 years ago. Most of us knew it about him coming out of college. Dennis Hickey was forced by Tannenbaum to draft him. This was Tannenbaum's pick. Then to add insult to injury, they keep him around for years.

I've said that the decision to part ways with Suh was inevitable given his contract numbers (also Tannenbaum's fault). They had to know that before the ink dried on the contract. What was the plan for when Suh was released? Part of that plan was relying Phillips? Really? Now, four games into the season, they cut Phillips for the same frigging reasons that we fans have been criticizing him for years. What caused the sudden epiphany?

They take two tight ends in the draft and neglect to take a DT when they could've had Maurice Hurst or Tim Settle. Either or both of those guys would've been nice to have on the roster right about now but I guess taking a blocking tight end was more... it was more.. um...hell if I know what it was more.

And again, I come to the 4 QBs on the roster. No one has explained to me a logical reason for WASTING 4 roster spots on 2 QBs that stink and a rookie who got cut from the team that drafted him. Gase tried to explain the logic behind it by saying, "I know nobody likes it, but I do." Well there you go. I'm convinced that Gase does things like this to rub his "authority" in people's faces. In another words he wants to act like an ass in the way that Bellichick does but without the winning part.

And you know what's more. Jordan Phillips is Devante Parker by next year. Mark my words, they'll end up cutting Parker and we will have wasted a 1st and 2nd round pick. The next player who will continue this chain of inept selections--- Charles Harris. You know what the coaches think of Harris? Jonathan Woodard fresh off the practice squad got more snaps than Harris. If it wasn't so pathetic it'd be funny.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 03, 2018 07:04AM

I completely agree with you Fins72.

This franchise is nothing more than a shiny toy that Ross doesn't know how to play with. Multiple celebrity partnerships and his hiring of incompetent imbeciles is proof of that. The 4 roster spots wasted on garbage QB's is ridiculous, and Gase's answer for it is even more ridiculous. And you're right about Parker & Harris too. The writing is on the wall.

As Dolphins fans it's a waste of time having our hopes built up for a seriously competitive team. Bottom dwellers or average at best and I bet next season won't be any different. A major reset from top to bottom will be the only thing that'll give me any hope for the future of this team.

Date: October 03, 2018 07:11AM

808phan Wrote:
> I completely agree with you Fins72.
>
> This franchise is nothing more than a shiny toy
> that Ross doesn't know how to play with. Multiple
> celebrity partnerships and his hiring of
> incompetent imbeciles is proof of that. The 4
> roster spots wasted on garbage QB's is ridiculous,
> and Gase's answer for it is even more ridiculous.
> And you're right about Parker & Harris too. The
> writing is on the wall.
>
> As Dolphins fans it's a waste of time having our
> hopes built up for a seriously competitive team.
> Bottom dwellers or average at best and I bet next
> season won't be any different. A major reset from
> top to bottom will be the only thing that'll give
> me any hope for the future of this team.

Yep, 808phan

Sadly, you and I can have complete clarity about what's wrong with this team and what needs to be done, but Ross will continue to write checks to bozos like Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase and never get any results except the same old crap year after year.

Date: October 03, 2018 10:59AM

Guys....relax! Anything can happen but we are still 3-1!eye popping smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 03, 2018 02:24PM

Phillips picked up by the Bills...hopefully he does not turn it around and be a thorn in our sides for 10 years.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 03, 2018 02:46PM

Any player in that situation would try his best to do so

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 06, 2018 02:39AM

Phillips was a "slacker" with the Dolphins. Being picked up by the Bills...well...they aren't too bright. Revenge can surely be motivational, but with Phillips that emotion will be inconsistent. Maybe he'll play hard against the Dolphins, however, his true colors will show up in the other games where he's resting on his laurels.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.