HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v Jets: Game day thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Dolphins v Jets: Game day thread
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: September 16, 2018 03:59PM

Nice Division road win.

I think our 'D' is good this year. Micah, McDonald, and Jones
are playing great ball. Its interesting to watch a team with
dominant safety play.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 16, 2018 04:08PM

More to the point, one way to judge a decision is by looking at the worst case scenario and realizing which is the worst. The worst case for DRAFTING one of the top 5 QBs would have been that, as he has actually done, Tanny comes back and plays well and we could have gone elsewhere with our draft choice. However the worst case scenario for NOT choosing one of the top ANd would be if Tanny is injured career ending and we would have passed on one of the great QB classes.

Now, for those of you who say that hasn't happened,remember I am only responding to Treasure so if I am jumping the gun in saying that he could still get injured, then I'm only responding to the EARLY declaration that this game is PROOF that history will show that we did not suffer from NOT having the opportunity to draft one of the top draft QBs.

Date: September 16, 2018 04:13PM

EDITED OUT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 04:15PM by ChyrenB.

Date: September 16, 2018 05:18PM

Gee.....I'd almost think you were betting against him......

TANNY 1

NEW QB 0

cool smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 16, 2018 05:34PM

You know I'm laughing don't you, Treasure?hot smiley

Glad you came back and hope it's not only because we were playing the Jesters.

Date: September 16, 2018 06:05PM

Date: September 16, 2018 07:11PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But just for fun, I looked...
>
> errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>
> Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
> R. Tannehill 17 23 168 2
>
> S. Darnold 25 41 334 1
>
>
>

Yep..........that would've been worth sacrificing the draft for .

Dolphins 20
Jets 12

"Tannehill ran for 44 yards on eight carries, which was more than Frank Gore and nearly as much as Kenyan Drake. Tannehill hasn't run for so many yards in his last 39 games, dating back to November 2, 2014 against San Diego. That was the third of three straight games in which Tannehill ran for 47 or 48 yards, all wins."

Tanny didnt look put out to pasture to me......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 16, 2018 07:49PM

Date: September 16, 2018 09:51PM

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: September 17, 2018 01:24AM

If Lamar would have fell to us in the second I would have jumped on it. I do not think he was worth our first pick.

Darnold is a gunslinger. He throws the ball and doesn't really care who is around. That can hurt you in the long run but he did have some great throws yesterday. Remember they were down 20 at one point so they had to air it out. I wish Miami would let Tanne air it out like that at some points in the game.

Tanne had horrible moments yesterday but he pretty much sealed the game for us with his legs. I was so happy when Gore caught that pass just off the ground. I was so pissed at Tanne for that throw until I saw the replay and it showed that his arm was hit at the last moment and that is why it was almost spiked.

We should all just be happy to be in first place for now...

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 17, 2018 04:20AM

First place is a great place...in fact, it's the best place to be in universally.

RT kept things going with his legs, a lot to be desired with the passing game game calling. Only 1 pass to a TE. We drafted TEs to use during the game as offensive tools, yet Gase seems to avoid including them in the game other than for blocking. Yes, we won this game but it was iffy for a while wasn't it. The offense needs to put more points on the board. Too many failures on 3rd down, IMO.

Gore seems to run as hard as he did last year and the year before. He should be in the game more and could have gotten a couple of yards in that one instance that was a pass that missed to move the sticks on 3rd down. Again, I think play calling by Gase is lame.

Gase seems to play call at the "checker" level and should be at the "chess" level. The offense might perform a bit better with better plays provided to RT. BTW, too many very short pass plays...more yardage please.

Date: September 17, 2018 04:35AM

colonel Wrote:
> First place is a great place...in fact, it's the
> best place to be in universally.
>
> RT kept things going with his legs, a lot to be
> desired with the passing game game calling. Only
> 1 pass to a TE. We drafted TEs to use during the
> game as offensive tools, yet Gase seems to avoid
> including them in the game other than for
> blocking. Yes, we won this game but it was iffy
> for a while wasn't it. The offense needs to put
> more points on the board. Too many failures on 3rd
> down, IMO.
>
> Gore seems to run as hard as he did last year and
> the year before. He should be in the game more and
> could have gotten a couple of yards in that one
> instance that was a pass that missed to move the
> sticks on 3rd down. Again, I think play calling by
> Gase is lame.
>
> Gase seems to play call at the "checker" level and
> should be at the "chess" level. The offense might
> perform a bit better with better plays provided to
> RT. BTW, too many very short pass plays...more
> yardage please.

Agree 100%. This offense is boring to watch. So tired of this dink and dunk play it safe crap. Let Tanne air it out from time to time. Let these big TE's have some fun. You see when Tanne has time he can do some damage. The TD to the TE was beautiful. We have some shifty guys...let them get into some space.

I am loving this secondary though.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: September 17, 2018 04:59AM

As far as rookie QB's, remember there is very little tape to watch in order to scheme at this point. Defenses will key on tendencies as the season progresses.

Date: September 17, 2018 06:23AM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 17, 2018 09:20AM

GM Lessons learned from this week:

That receiver on the Jaguars, Keelan Cole makes a strong case for never wasting a high pick on a WR . He's an UFA. Always open Hogan- still looks great, why did we let him go? Must have been Pin Head that let him escape. He was a UFA too! Maybe we need to look at some Lacrosse players to see if there might be a WR out there that is unheard of because our high pick receivers turned out to be Divas.

On the other hand, Giants are probably feeling like they made a huge mistake picking Saquon so early in the draft. A talented RB with no line isn't going anywhere.

Date: September 17, 2018 11:03AM

Date: September 17, 2018 01:08PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> LOL. I'd call missing out on a whole
> season....damaged goods. What would you call
> it....a brief timeout??????
>
> But like any jealous lover, you are still missing
> the point.
>
> It's not just THIS season but many seasons in the
> future.
>
> Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold will be around long
> enough to be the 21st Century versions of Griese
> and Steve spurrier in that draft.

2-0 and complaining of what might be in 2022? LOL. If thats your argument no wonder many other teams in need of a future Qback (Patriots, Broncos) Passed as well.

Tannehill is running better then he did as a rookie. No one has control over the future. But Tannehill was on a 6 game winning streak before he was injured. He's got the team 2-0 now. But all you ever seem to ee is what gonna be 2-3 yrs in the future. Why is that? eye rolling smiley

Thats what people do when they have nothing. Zippo. Doughnuts. They make shit up about what could /might happen......you and your little sidekick were so adamant that we must get a new QB or we were doomed. Like children in a toy store pointing at something they just didn't need. Thankfully the grownups run the show........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 17, 2018 04:13PM

Well as it turned out we did get a QB in this draft...my favorite one BTW when you factor in team needs and realistic draft positioning, in Luke Falk.

That's a win, win for us IMHO. We get a QB to groom and an immediate staring player as well as adding what is turning out to be quality depth.

Date: September 17, 2018 04:20PM

I don't know how I missed it Ken...but I did. My apologies. I LIKE IT!!!!!!!

Date: September 17, 2018 05:15PM

Ken Wrote:
> Well as it turned out we did get a QB in this
> draft...my favorite one BTW when you factor in
> team needs and realistic draft positioning, in
> Luke Falk.
>
> That's a win, win for us IMHO. We get a QB to
> groom and an immediate staring player as well as
> adding what is turning out to be quality depth.

Excellent point Ken. Thats what the winning teams do. They dont sacrifice draft picks for silly whims. They create a winning plan and get the talent to make it happen. Then players like Falk come along and you add them to an already good roster.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 17, 2018 06:47PM

Said like a jealous lover. Not said in the vein of being like a cool tactician like Ken but like a jealous lover. Jealous of any QB coming in and interrupting his love affair with Tanny.

Date: September 17, 2018 07:14PM

Date: September 18, 2018 01:28AM

His stats were better except in the W\L column. I do think Darnold can be decent but still to small of a sample set to tell. I want them to let Tanne air it out like they did with Darnold. So tired of this conservative bull crap.

Like I said in another post, he is a gunslinger and will throw the ball wherever. Sometimes that will come back to hurt you like it did this past Sunday. When the game was in his hand he couldn't close. That is the knock Tanne has taken over the years. He did great closing out the game this past weekend.

Date: September 18, 2018 07:21AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Said like a jealous lover. Not said in the vein
> of being like a cool tactician like Ken but like a
> jealous lover. Jealous of any QB coming in and
> interrupting his love affair with Tanny.

LOl. Another personal attack...….maybe that's why this place is as dead as Vonte Davis career.

The FACT is you said Tanny was damaged goods. You wanted a new shiny plaything for Christmas while I supported our QB. I saw his level of play before the inury. You have no faith. None. You describe it as a love affair...…..yes I love and stand behind our starting QB. Not always....I was Chad Henne's biggest detractor.

But look at what Tannehill has accomplished vs. Chad Henne. Tanny just never had a coach or a supporting cast. You refused to see it because winning an argument is more important to you then anything.

Yes I enjoyed the last 2 games. Because I'm a Dolphins fan. And why wouldn't any Dolphins fan LOVE their starting QB?

Anything but damaged goods. How are the Bills doing with their QB from the must have cant miss QB draft class? eye rolling smileydrinking smiley Lol......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 18, 2018 11:57AM

Grimey13 Wrote:
> His stats were better except in the W\L column. I
> do think Darnold can be decent but still to small
> of a sample set to tell. I want them to let Tanne
> air it out like they did with Darnold. So tired
> of this conservative bull crap.
>
> Like I said in another post, he is a gunslinger
> and will throw the ball wherever. Sometimes that
> will come back to hurt you like it did this past
> Sunday. When the game was in his hand he couldn't
> close. That is the knock Tanne has taken over the
> years. He did great closing out the game this
> past weekend.

Very perceptive post. I agree.

Date: September 18, 2018 12:03PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 18, 2018 02:24PM

Darnold is going to be a great qb.

That been said im happy we have fitspatrick on our side.

But i would love if we had darnold as our backup qb to learn a bit from tannehil and as insurance.

Tannehill has been scrambling and running and it has worked out so far. He is not a star. He needs lots of talented players around him to be able to succeed, So far so good. 2-0. Happy with that.

When the going gets tough and tannehill has to do a comeback to win the game we will see if he has what it takes.

He looked a bit like a deer in the headlights against the jets because he doesnt have the ability to improvise like darnold,,,,Meaning moving around in the pocket to buy some time and make an accurate throw,

weve gotten a little bit of everything in both games,,,,,skills and luck.

Again when the going gets tough and tannehill needs to win a game....we will see what happens..

NO EXCUSES NOW BECAUSE THE OLINE IS PLAYING WELL EVEN WITH A BACKUP GUARD AND WE HAVE VERY VERY GOOD AND FAST AS HELL RECEIVERS.

NO EXCUSES FOR TANNEHILL>>>>>>IF HE DOESNT SUCCEED THIS YEAR THAT HE IS HEALTHY HE NEVER WILL SUCCEED.

Date: September 18, 2018 02:39PM

BTW we are better this year against the run without suh than we were with suh...so far.....knock on wood.

Is it that everybody around suh was counting on him to be the saviour?

About landry and all his talk.......So much for all the talk he did about our qbs.....Even with landry the browns havent won a game yet...

Looks to me like it was all sour grapes talk since the dolphins let him go....for peanuts that is.

Hey landry you havent done squat for the browns....Are you going to talk crap about them also when they let you go?

About the fake haired rb we let go to the eagles ajayi.....We have 2 rbs that can do the job as good as him and are probably willing to block for the qb and help their team.

Date: September 18, 2018 02:46PM

About the run and that we let go of suh.....Maybe we better against the run becuase we signed that guy de from the rams....He is a freaking beast.

We also have some dts that can push the pocket...Alonzo is doing a good job.

Date: September 18, 2018 02:55PM

That matchup against the jets was scary at the jets even more....They always match up well against us..

1. Their Oline always gives up problems.

2. Every year their Dline is very good.

3. Their corners and safeties play a lot of man to man and a very physical defense....I was thinking before the game .....if the refs let them get away with it...we are going to lose.....But there were some holding penalties by the jets that helped us out.......No favoritism by the refs even when were at the jets stadium.

Refs were fair in this game to both teams....

Now my only wish is the refs do a good job like they did this game against the jets when we play the pats.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.