-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sitton Misses 2nd day of Practice
Sitton Misses 2nd day of Practice
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 13, 2018 08:42AM

This isn't good. Shoulder problem. If Sitton is out, Ted Larson is in which means that Tannehill is going to be running for his life which in turns means there's an increased chance of Osweiler having to play. Not good at all. Get well soon Josh. Please.

Re: Sitton Misses 2nd day of Practice
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 13, 2018 12:32PM

It figures, doesn't it? Finally get a stud lineman and he gets hurt in the first game. Dolphins Curse!

Hope it isn't serious and he can play Sunday.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 14, 2018 03:09AM

Crap, Bleacher Report says he is out for the year. Damn we should make a sacrifice to the gods of football to get rid of our curse at guard.

Date: September 14, 2018 04:40AM

Yep, out for the year. Ted Larsen is a huge downgrade. They need to be looking for someone not currently on the roster to step in. Larsen will get Tannehill hurt.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 14, 2018 05:00AM

And the jets Dline is very good. We are doomed. We cant have a good thing for a few month straight. Incredible.

Date: September 14, 2018 06:27AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the jets Dline is very good. We are doomed. We
> cant have a good thing for a few month straight.
> Incredible.

Not sure if there are any decent free agent guards out there but this would be a great time to start looking. Larsen was a liability last year. One of the reasons that tying up 4 roster spots with QBs wasn't such a great idea. Larsen backing up Sitton is bad enough but who's behind Larsen? I'm guessing they'll bring up Asiata from the practice squad but he stinks too. Ex- Packer Jahri Evans I think is still unsigned. He's old but I have to believe a better option than either Larsen or Asiata. Well, I guess Gase has his first excuse for the year.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 14, 2018 01:06PM

We can be pessimistic, optimistic, or somewhere in between...realistic. Ted Larsen appears to be an average lineman. He's started many times during his career, but it doesn't look like he can fill the shoes of Sitton who was a pro-bowler. If Larsen can do the guard job well, say 90 percent of the time, Tannehill will do okay and not be sacked from a weak guard position. This is my optimistic view.

If on the other hand, Larsen can't do his job and becomes the obvious weak link, Gase will have to shuffle his linemen to take up the slack. This may be the realistic thing that happens to our O-line, and if so, the O-line becomes weakened at all linemen positions.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...strengthened the bench.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 14, 2018 02:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.