HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tennessee Game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tennessee Game
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 08, 2018 10:48AM

Season opener...is here (well tomorrow at 1 pm) let's go Dolphins, on the road to 19-0.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tennessee Game
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 08, 2018 12:22PM

This will be an interesting first game for Miami. My biggest objection to the moves made in the off season was cutting Suh with no plan on how to make up for his absence. Enter Tennessee and Derrick Henry. You know Tennessee is going to try to run the ball right down Miami's throat. How Miami handles that is going to go a long way toward telling us what kind of season this will be. If Tennessee is successful in controlling the line of scrimmage and runs the ball well, every opponent is going to do the same thing. Like I said, interesting first game.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 08, 2018 02:49PM

I'm worried about crossing routes and the TE fly.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 09, 2018 03:56AM

GO PHINS

Date: September 09, 2018 08:33AM

Minkah!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 09, 2018 12:11PM

Thunder storms in S. Fla. Who would have thought?

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 09, 2018 12:27PM

I guess the roof is useless.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 09, 2018 01:22PM

Has the team ownership ever heard of Lightning Rods?

Date: September 09, 2018 01:54PM

I've never seen anything like this in the NFL a 7 hour + game with delays? what's going on?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 09, 2018 02:20PM

101 yard Kickoff return for TD by Grant was worth the wait

Date: September 09, 2018 03:28PM

Only 18 more wins to go guys.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: September 09, 2018 03:35PM

A wins a win

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 09, 2018 04:02PM

Weird game to draw conclusions from. I have to believe that all the weather delays had an effect on both teams. Hard to get any rhythm going in such a disjointed game. But, I thought it was good to see Stills take the mantle of the leader among the receivers. He had a nice game. Tannehill is Tannehill. He made an excellent throw to Stills but the interceptions are troublesome. Amendola didn't show me much. Still don't like this signing. Hopefully he'll get better as the season progresses.

One thing that continues to bother me is the lack of sacks. With the amount of money that they've spent on "pass rushers," not even one sack. That won't get it done when they face better QBs. They played most of the game against Blaine Gabbert who may be the only backup worse than Osweiler. Won't be facing QBs like Gabbert every week, unfortunately.

However, like ChambersDeepBall said, a win's a win. Nice to start the season on a positive note. Plus, no injuries is also very good.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 09, 2018 11:45PM

Start w/a disclaimer - I couldn't watch the whole game due to the delays.

That said, I found a lot to like:
- Minkah looks like a player - LOVED his RZ stop on 4th down early in the game
- the OL looked near dominant in the 1st half (pretty much what I got to watch) in both run & pass blocking...against a really good TEN front 7
- I don't know much about Gabbert, but in terms of mobile QBs like Mariota, I'll sacrifice sacks for him not hurting us too badly with his legs
- Tannehill had a few throws where I thought timing & ball placement couldn't have been better (the INTs were ugly, but hoping he'll stay on pace with his career average of about 12 INTs/season...as such, among games where he has 0 INT, he'll have some 2-INT games, and we're lucky when we win those)
- overall on offense, it seems like there's a strategy...everyone's on the same page...and it can work well against a good defensive team

I can't get too excited about beating a team with it's 2 great tackles and starting QB out much of the game...coached, on the road, by a rookie coach.

And, I do still have concerns about how we match up against:
- athletic QBs
- shifty RBs who are also receiving threats
- pass-catching TE

Overall, I'm encouraged. We took down a playoff team from last year, and, really, it looked like we were basically just taking care of business.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 10, 2018 02:22AM

Nice win. Oline looked good. RBs looked good. T-hill is what he is.

Matt Burke will be the downfall. Their TEs ate us alive again. Until he figures out it's not the personnel but his scheme, we'll get torched and we won't be facing Blaine Gabbert every week. Scrap the stupid wide 9.

Wilson and Grant are weapons. Keep them on the field even when Parker is healthy.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 10, 2018 02:29AM

What a screwy day for Dolphins' football. I'm beginning to think the first two games should be away games as a means of avoiding early September South Florida weather. The NFL, not the Dolphins' determine when it's safe or unsafe to play. However, one must wonder why there is no "roof" so T-storms would not adversely effect play.

I too don't take too much away from the first victory...which I am happy about. Too many stops and starts for either team to get into a rhythm of any kind.

The play calling seems to be lacking in the TE play area. How many passes to our TE? Anyone count them? TEs need to be used more...a lot more, IMHO.

Frank Gore continues to exhibit his running ability at the ripe old age of 35. A definite HOFer. I'd like to see him more especially in the red zone along with twin TEs.

Tannehill looked okay. Lots of very short passes as usual. I'd like to see passes beyond 8 yards. RT doesn't lead his targets very well so there are few yards gained after the catch. Anyone see it differently?

Grant's 102 yd return was fun to watch...we've waited for this. Perhaps another return is possible this season by him. Giving up a 94 yarder to the Titans was a punch in the nose wasn't it. LOL Dolphins' special teams continues to be a work in progress.

That's about all I have to state about this game. Better play calling and execution is still key to scoring. Gase should turn over play calling to his OC...let's see how he does. Scoring might improve.

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: September 10, 2018 09:32AM

Lets remember Tanne hasn't played a regular season game in something like 600 days? He looked pretty good considering ... really looked kay anyway.

We will (have to be) better offensively than last year with cutler. I am Really worried about our LB corps lack of speed, and ability to cover TE / Crossing routes, and catch up to plays.

Someone said something about Burke needing to scheme better, rather than rely on talent ... that is exactly right.

With the 3 lb's we are fielding out there, they have to be put in the right position to make plays. None are fast enough or instinctive enough to be relied on to read and react.

Date: September 10, 2018 03:45PM

Baker is...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.