HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ravens game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ravens game
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 25, 2018 02:51PM

D looking good, O looking lost.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ravens game
Date: August 25, 2018 02:59PM

Nice drive by the offense for 7.

Date: August 25, 2018 03:38PM

O finally woke up a bit but still a little shakey. I hope Grant is OK since we need him playing.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 26, 2018 04:59AM

This team is going to need a lot of lucky bounces to make it to the playoffs. Gase is a head coach in name only. He's still transitioning from being an OC to being a head coach and he's not there yet. Tannehill is Mr. Vanilla and the team around him is not good enough to carry him to the playoffs. There's not a lot to get excited about.
I'm hoping for some good luck and I know Gase is too.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 26, 2018 05:27AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This team is going to need a lot of lucky bounces
> to make it to the playoffs. Gase is a head coach
> in name only. He's still transitioning from being
> an OC to being a head coach and he's not there
> yet. Tannehill is Mr. Vanilla and the team around
> him is not good enough to carry him to the
> playoffs. There's not a lot to get excited about.
>
> I'm hoping for some good luck and I know Gase is
> too

With the exception of Kenyan Drake, the offense is just awful. No true #1 receiver. Offensive line, though improved over last year's group, is still below average. Tight end might be in good shape IF Gesicki pans out which is far from a done deal.

The defense is where this team will be truly awful. Get ready for lots of long runs against what has to be the worst collective group of defensive tackles and linebackers in the league. What was done by the morons in charge of this team in the off-season was make an already bad team worse by getting rid of the few good players they had. Add to that the crappy coaching, and you're looking at a top 5 pick in the next draft (which they'll blow anyway if they stand pat with Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase). Honestly, I don't see how they thought this season would play out any differently.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 26, 2018 06:06AM

Starting defense played outstanding against the ravens...then the 3rd string defense started struggling. Open your eyes.

Date: August 26, 2018 06:08AM

No true number one receiver? Well parker is out. Until he comes back we have no true number 1 receiver

Date: August 26, 2018 06:55AM

What this game means is that our depth is not good. Our starters will be ok barrying injury. Knock on wood.

Date: August 26, 2018 08:27AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> No true number one receiver? Well parker is out.
> Until he comes back we have no true number 1
> receiver

You think Parker is a #1 receiver? Not sure how you can say that with a straight face.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 27, 2018 01:30AM

the ravens played backups all game. not much to read from this one.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 27, 2018 02:07PM

Date: August 28, 2018 05:04AM

colonel Wrote:
> the ravens played backups all game. not much to
> read from this one.
>
> The field was wet when the ball was hiked to RT
> who mishandled it on the first offensive play for
> the Dolphins. Ugh, I thought. Wet...it's wet in
> Florida, we're not playing in Arizona. Tannehill
> has to do better than that to get any team
> momentum. Not a good start even in a pre-season
> scrimmage game where...Ravens played 2nd and 3rd
> stringers (hopefuls) all game.
>
> I'm going to stick with my opinion on Dolphins'
> subpar coaching and instruction as to why the team
> isn't going to do well again this year. Unless
> Gase is hiding the ball from everyone, I don't see
> 6 wins. eye rolling smiley sad smiley

I agree Colonel. Hard to imagine 6 wins given the huge holes at DT and linebacker and an inept defensive coordinator charged with finding a way to scheme around these deficiencies. Offensively, with the exception of Drake who, if he can carry the load for 16 games, has the potential to be an explosive player, there isn't much in the way of dynamic play-makers. Again, I haven't been very impressed with Gase's play calling. Certainly not the offensive genius that was sold to the fans when he was hired. I have to echo an earlier comment that Gase owes his fortunes to Peyton Manning. Unless someone of Manning's talent falls into our laps (not going to happen), Gase will likely become the latest Dolphins head coach to be fired. Maybe not this year, but eventually. I'll admit he hasn't been helped by the piss poor drafting and free agency moves made by Grier and Tannenbaum but that's another story entirely.

Date: August 28, 2018 06:53AM

Maybe thats the problem with this organization...

1. Hire a coach.

2. Give him one or two years to fix this mess.

3. Fire the coach.

Nobody and i mean nobody is going to fix this mess in one or two years people.

Why do you think great coaches like gruden dont want to be affiliated to this organization. They know we have a mess here starting from the owner all the way down.

Ross decided to create a so called good atmosphere surrounding this team with celebrities ect...Instead of concentrating in hiring pro coaches worth a dam.

If gase is fired its going to be the same thing with the next coach.....Everybody critisizing him until he is fired.

Unless ross sells this team we are toast. The main problem is the owner.

Date: August 28, 2018 09:10AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 28, 2018 02:52PM

The first thing a good coach does is train players to execute with precision. Doing this curtails stupid penalties.

There was a time when the Dolphins were the least penalized team in the league. It didn't just happen.

Gase has yet to overcome this malady.

Date: August 28, 2018 03:35PM

Gases downfall is his ego prevented him from hiring experienced coords.

Doug Pederson got Jim Schwartz on D and McVey got Wade Phillips.

He has a philbinesque staff and it will be his downfall.

This is his 3rd year. His roster, his QB, his culture. No more excuses. I agree to an extent with firing coaches too soon but on the flip side, if the team is still making the same stupid mistakes you need to make a change.

The change has to be the entire FO and staff. Bring in Jim Harbaugh and let him rebuild the FO and staff. Someone that's had success in this league.

Date: August 29, 2018 12:19PM

I was out while the game was on and didn't pay too much attention to it. I watched it again today.

Our D looked decent against RGIII but we continually play the linebackers 5-6 yards off the ball almost inviting the runner to the second level. even on 2nd and longs when you can disrupt the backfield we play soft. we're putting ourselves in 5 on 4 up front and can't figure out why we get gashed.

Tannehill was tannehill. I keep reading how sharp he looks. He does because he's thrown nothing but short passes. He had a nice wheel route to Drake but other than that, short, safe passes. One series stuck out. Last drive of the half. After the drake pass to get us in scoring range he played scared. The 3rd and 6 he had wilson crossing the field with the defender 4 yards behind him. It was an easy touchdown but there was pressure. Tunsil did a good job blocking the guy behind tanny but he got happy feet. Instead of stepping up and making a play he locked onto amendola and ran himself into pressure and threw it into the ground.

Until he starts looking to make plays instead of playing to not make mistakes you can count on more of the same for the offense.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: August 29, 2018 02:54PM

Well, while I personally don't think that Gruden is a "great", or even a particularly good coach, I agree with the general tenor of this post. I think that Adam Gase is going to be an excellent coach one day, and I don't want us to have see Gase from Cleveland's perspective of Bill Belichick in New England. In other words, I'd love to see management keep him- and have enough patience to let him blossom into the coach I think he will be.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.