HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Toko's crystal ball IX
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Toko's crystal ball IX
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 23, 2018 09:05AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Toko's crystal ball IX
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 23, 2018 10:39AM

I agree with the exception of that the bye week will also be a loss.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 23, 2018 10:39AM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure if this is the 9th edition but sure
> feels like it. Well here it goes:
>
>
> Sept 9 vs. Titans WIN
> Sept 16 at Jets LOSS
> Sept 23 vs. Raiders WIN
> Sept 30 at Pats LOSS
>
> Oct 7 at Bengals LOSS
> Oct 14 vs. Bears WIN
> Oct 21 vs. Lions LOSS
> Oct 25*at Texas *Thursday Night LOSS
>
> Nov 4 vs. Jets WIN
> Nov 11 at Packers LOSS
> =BYE WEEK=
> Nov 25 at Colts LOSS
>
> Dec 2 vs. Bills LOSS
> Dec 9 vs. Pats LOSS
> Dec 16 at Vikings LOSS
> Dec 23??? Vs. Jaguars LOSS
> Dec 30 vs. Buffalo WIN
>
>
> Looks like another high draft pick is coming for
> next season. 5-11. thumbs down

If you're right, and they go 5-11, does anyone get fired?

Date: July 23, 2018 11:26AM

Not sure Fin27- depends how high expectations are around camp. If they Ross believes this is a winning team-heads will roll. If he believes it's a "rebuilding/recalibrating season" they'd have to evaluate.

I personally believe that management thinks this squad is a winner. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 03:03AM

No this is not a rebuilding season. If these guys do not win this season heads need to roll. Tanne gotta do what he's gotta do. If he goes down Fales has to step in and win. That is how the f/o and coaches played their cards this off season. They want us to trust them so these s-o-bs gotta make it work.

First half of the season w/ should be 6-2, 7-1 best case scenario. No way am I accepting a loss against the Jets in week 2. Wins against CIN, DET and HOU will prove to me that Burke has figured it out. He should be able to scheme a defense to handle the qbs of each of those teams.

Second half 4-4 minimum. Again IF Burke's got it figured out we win both games w/ BUFF. With their qb situation we should take both games. Jets win, NE at home win. Packer's are not a juggernaut if this team's got guts we should be in that game and possibly take it.
Jags like the Packs are not a juggernaut.

Only games on this schedule where I think we come out w/ a loss is MIN at MIN and the away game at NE. All other games we should be right there in the fight til the last second.

Nobody is expecting anything from the Phins this year and sometimes that's a good thing. Just walk up and knock your opponent out while he is thinking your a softie.

10-6 11-5 or heads need to roll. No Landry no Suh, Tanne needs this or that ... no more excuses.

Date: July 24, 2018 06:45AM

I hope not Mizzou- I'm hoping the pattern of failure continues until we can rid ourselves of the chief concern; Ross's decisions on hiring. He can stay the owner as far as I am concerned, just get rid of Tannenbaum and hand over the important football decisions to a real football mind. Maybe someone from the Eagles or Jaguars?

Date: July 24, 2018 09:58AM

toko34 Wrote:
> I hope not Mizzou- I'm hoping the pattern of
> failure continues until we can rid ourselves of
> the chief concern; Ross's decisions on hiring. He
> can stay the owner as far as I am concerned, just
> get rid of Tannenbaum and hand over the important
> football decisions to a real football mind. Maybe
> someone from the Eagles or Jaguars?

toko, I wouldn't worry too much. All due respect for Mizzou's opinion but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that this team wins more than 6 games (I could see as few as 2). First off, whatever your opinion of Tannehill is or isn't, there is no way this team wins one game with Fales under center. No way, no how. As bad as I think the offense will be without Landry to bail out Tannehill when no one else can get open (yes, I'm talking to you Devante), it's the defense that's going to stink to high heaven. No one on this roster can be said to be a proven run stopper. All due to respect to McMillan, he hasn't done squat yet. Maybe he'll be fine, but no way to say that with any certainty. Beyond him, zip. Teams will be running right through the middle of this defense which will make it almost impossible for the secondary. They'll have to cheat to make up for the D line and linebackers inability to stop the run which will make them susceptible to the big pass play. It's going to get ugly. I have to smile when I hear reporters say, well, Suh being gone isn't as important because the defense had trouble stopping the run last year with him anyway. Yeah, so what do they do to fix a bad run defense? They get rid of their best defender because the defense wasn't that good last year and they need to change things up. That should work out just fine. Personally, I'd have gotten rid of the players who were actually the reason the defense stunk instead of the one guy that was in some small way making up for them as best he could. This current group of incompetent team execs need to go before this team even has a scintilla of a chance to get better and ultimately contend.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 02:34PM

How ridiculous. "I'm hoping the pattern of failure continues"!?! If it doesn't, then apparently this guy isn't as bad as you thought. I certainly hope we have a "pattern of success" this year. Then, I don't give a damn who's calling the shots.

Rick

Date: July 24, 2018 03:28PM

I never said that I'm hoping for the team to fail. I am however saying that I don't think this team will ever succeed until competent people are in charge. I'd love to be wrong about this..but I'm not. I'm sick of losing and I want Ross to pull his head out of his ass and put people in charge who know what the hell they're doing.

Date: July 25, 2018 03:55AM

Current team execs had this team at 10-6 2 years ago. Right now the ball is in the coaches court. Gase has the players he wants so now the question is can he and and Burke coach them. He wants Fales as #2 so he well had better win w/ him if he he needs to.

This team has talent can the coaches coach it.

Date: July 25, 2018 05:15AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Current team execs had this team at 10-6 2 years
> ago. Right now the ball is in the coaches court.
> Gase has the players he wants so now the question
> is can he and and Burke coach them. He wants Fales
> as #2 so he well had better win w/ him if he he
> needs to.
>
> This team has talent can the coaches coach it.

Mizzou,

This isn't the same team of 2 years ago. That team was a running team with Ajayi. That team had Landry to bail it out on third down. That team had Suh making up for a crap load of ineptitude of the other DTs on this team. That team had (like him or not) Matt Moore to come in and win a game or two when Tannehill went down. Apples to oranges. I think that last year was a result of losing Tannehill, other key injuries, and bad luck (and coaching). What Gase/Tannenbaum, Grier have done is make that even worse by getting rid of the players who were producing and doubling down on those that weren't. Alonso, Branch, Parker, Phillips come prominently to mind. I do agree with you on one thing. This is Gase's team. He either made the personnel decisions or certainly signed off on them. This coming win-loss record is his to own. If he gets this team to a better than .500 record, I'll admit I was wrong. But if he doesn't, I don't want to hear any of Gase's lame ass excuses and Ross shouldn't want to either.

Date: July 25, 2018 06:32AM

As I continuously have said this year is on the coaches. The players are there. I posted several weeks ago regarding the productivity of Parker with stats. His numbers are good for the 3rd option at WR. S he was in 2017. With Landry out of the way I expect more from the other WRs and TEs. We have talent. QBs will no longer have Landry as a crutch.

Landry Suh Pouncey etc are gone crap Im not sweating that we were 6-10 with them. We get our oline together and Tanne healthy we have a capable O. With our dbs and overall improvement of our back 7 our D is up. Better coverage by the back 7 should result in more sacks from DEs. Branch was hobbled by injury but in 2016 he was solid. Alonso I think will be better after a years worth of experience at OLB under his belt. I am concerned at DT but Godchaux and Taylor showed signs that they were players last year. Phillips ehh maybe he plays for the money in 2018 but 2017 was his best year. Yet I still think there is enough pieces on our D to scheme especially in 4-2-5. Which in todays nfl you will see more than he conventional 4-3-4 D.

Its on Burke to play chess and not checkers on D. He attended Dartmouth so Im hoping he too figures it out in his second year.

You can take both the high and low road with this squad but we have 16 weeks in the fall to find the truth.

Date: July 25, 2018 08:12AM

Date: July 25, 2018 09:15AM

You want to know what a bust is remember that Leonte Caroo is still on our roster. That is what you call a bust. Parker is not a bust. Carroo is the guy that should be ashamed to put on a uni and cash his check. I have no reason to defend Parker his stats do it for him. The injury comment regarding Parker shows you are just talking you do not know your stats.

Branch is a strong side DE in a 4-3 D. He is not our primary pass rusher. In 2016 he performed that job very well. Better than I expected because he looks like weak side DE. 2016 he played w/ bad knee part of the season. Alonso's first year at OLB. Not excuses facts. Another fact as the weeks in the nfl goes by and your offense cannt do crap your defense eventually implodes. It's gonna happen. Are they over payed probably but Im not paying their salaries.

As I mentioned the coaches have to do their jobs. There is talent on this roster. Burke was getting his a** handed to him a lot last year by opposing OCs. He was putting his players in the wrong spot imho. Again after a years experience I gotta hope he gets it together just like some of our second year players and guys returning
from injury as well as Alonso at olb.

I guess Im giving Mulligans because 2017 was pretty much hosed after Tanne went down.

Tannenbaum is like a teacher you don't like. He is going to be there
as long as Ross wants him whatta you going to do. Grier I like his last 2 drafts and the undrafted f/a he has brought in. Grier goes he will have another job within 24 hours it will be our loss.

Date: July 25, 2018 10:43AM

Date: July 25, 2018 11:02AM

Ross is only committed to the celebrity status that owning the team brings, nothing else. We're in Dante's inferno and there is no escape.

Date: July 25, 2018 11:23AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Ross is only committed to the celebrity status
> that owning the team brings, nothing else. We're
> in Dante's inferno and there is no escape.

I don't doubt that ChyrenB, but even Ross will get tired of losing eventually. Particularly when it becomes obvious that Tannenbaum is wasting his money paying backup level talent starters' salaries. How long it will take? Who knows but, Tannenbaum will eventually be gone. I think after the kind of season that we're about to have, it could be as early as next year. Time will tell. With all the changes they made, the three stooges have really painted themselves in a corner. If the year turns out the way I expect, Ross and his three boobs are going to be excoriated by the media and fans and deservedly so.

Date: July 25, 2018 01:13PM

I keep waiting for that to happen each year.

Date: July 26, 2018 03:26AM

Fins72 Wrote:

> I have to say, the
> consensus about Parker is more consistent with my
> opinion than yours. Parker is a first round pick
> who's hasn't had a 1000 yard year, 100 catch year,
> a pro bowl selection, and hasn't led the team in
> catches. You say that Landry hogged all the
> catches. I say Landry had to be targeted more
> because he played alongside crappy WRs. Parker had
> one TD last year. That's pathetic for a guy that
> cost the team a first rounder.
>
>

Say what you want out of the WRs picked in the first round of Parker's draft class only 1 has made the pro bowl, the kid from the Raiders. Parker has done much better than White who was picked ahead of him. ATL is still waiting for him to catch his first td. He has more receptions and yards than Agholor PHIL who was picked ahead of him. Agholor has more career tds 12 vs 8. The other 2 Parker has more career receiving tds than them combined 8 vs 6. You and your constituents don't care about stats (facts). Out of the WRs in that draft class chosen in the rnds 1-3 probably 14-15 wrs Parker rates probably nbr 5-6 and that's not bad as our #3 target. Which of

Crap here in the Baltimore area they are still waiting for Beshard Perriman to show up he has not caught 50 career passes yet only 3 tds . Same draft class as Parker, 1st rounder.

Yeah he needs to get more td catches but some of that is on our qbs. Cutler being new to the O often times went with the safe route which meant Landry who was our best route runner.

Pats are still waiting for Phil Dorsett (same draft class as Parker 1st round)to show up. I think they would take Parker in a heartbeat. Stills does not suck. Again Pats would love him too.

Its guys like Parker that I like to see leave the Phins and go to another team and get their super bowl ring.

Date: July 26, 2018 04:36AM

>
> Say what you want out of the WRs picked in the
> first round of Parker's draft class only 1 has
> made the pro bowl, the kid from the Raiders.
> Parker has done much better than White who was
> picked ahead of him. ATL is still waiting for him
> to catch his first td. He has more receptions and
> yards than Agholor PHIL who was picked ahead of
> him. Agholor has more career tds 12 vs 8. The
> other 2 Parker has more career receiving tds than
> them combined 8 vs 6. You and your constituents
> don't care about stats (facts). Out of the WRs in
> that draft class chosen in the rnds 1-3 probably
> 14-15 wrs Parker rates probably nbr 5-6 and that's
> not bad as our #3 target. Which of
>
> Crap here in the Baltimore area they are still
> waiting for Beshard Perriman to show up he has not
> caught 50 career passes yet only 3 tds . Same
> draft class as Parker, 1st rounder.
>
> Yeah he needs to get more td catches but some of
> that is on our qbs. Cutler being new to the O
> often times went with the safe route which meant
> Landry who was our best route runner.
>
> Pats are still waiting for Phil Dorsett (same
> draft class as Parker 1st round)to show up. I
> think they would take Parker in a heartbeat.
> Stills does not suck. Again Pats would love him
> too.
>
> Its guys like Parker that I like to see leave the
> Phins and go to another team and get their super
> bowl ring.

If your argument is that the other wide receivers that were drafted the same year as Parker are equally bad or worse, fair enough. How about we compare him to DeAndre Hopkins? He was drafted in the first round of 2013 draft number 27. I'd like to think when you draft a wide receiver in the first round of the draft, you'd get a player closer to Hopkins than Parker.

Parker can stop all of the criticism this year. Play 16 games and have a 1000 yards receiving and at least 80 catches. That an average of 5 catches a game and 62.5 yards a game. That's not a lot to ask of a first round player. If he does it, great. If not, then I'm right about him whether you want to admit it or not.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 26, 2018 07:12AM

Parker is not a bust. We had no qb....even Landry production dropped.

Date: July 26, 2018 07:53AM

Sam ... Fins72 just wants to take a piss on Parker. Parker has missed like 6 games in his 3 year career and he cannt let go of that . I think Amendola has missed 7 in the same span.

Parker is who he is sometimes in the first round you get Lynn Swann other times you get Larry Burton. Parker has produced for us. Compare him to any receiver and you will see some are better some are worse. Parker is better than most.

Parker is far from a bust.

Date: July 26, 2018 08:03AM

Date: July 26, 2018 08:28AM

Whatever fake news. Papers gotta give the suckers something to read and post like they know something. Parker's stats are out there for intelligent folks to read.

They are ignoring the facts just like you.

Date: July 26, 2018 09:12AM

Date: July 26, 2018 10:56AM

One sad thing I noticed is that you guys used to have hope, season after season-hell- even I did in year one of Sporano/Parcells/Ireland. The optimism has been bled out of even our most cheerful fans- so imagine the regular or semi-regular fans? Who wants to see this loser of a squad live at the game? The silver lining is that an empty stadium will ultimately lead to Ross's exit and then just have to keep the fingers crossed that some other knuckleheaded owner doesn't take over to do just as bad.

Date: July 26, 2018 11:08AM

toko34 Wrote:
> One sad thing I noticed is that you guys used to
> have hope, season after season-hell- even I did in
> year one of Sporano/Parcells/Ireland. The
> optimism has been bled out of even our most
> cheerful fans- so imagine the regular or
> semi-regular fans? Who wants to see this loser of
> a squad live at the game? The silver lining is
> that an empty stadium will ultimately lead to
> Ross's exit and then just have to keep the fingers
> crossed that some other knuckleheaded owner
> doesn't take over to do just as bad.

You're absolutely right. It's damn hard to feel any hope when Ross continues to hire people for all the wrong reasons. Tannenbaum was literally run out of NY on a rail and no other team was even giving him a sniff of a job. He was a frigging agent until Ross decided he liked having him to talk to in his luxury box.

And Gase isn't much better. I read he's considering carrying three QBs on the roster. Is he frigging crazy? Why in the hell would he consider carrying three QBs, none of whom are going to be signed by anyone else. As weak as this roster is, even considering wasting a roster spot on the loser of the Fales-Osweiler battle is coaching malpractice.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 26, 2018 11:16AM

Watch parker become a pro bowler and hall of famer if brady was throwing him the rock...

But who did we have cutler?

Tannehill?

Come on.

Date: July 26, 2018 12:24PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Watch parker become a pro bowler and hall of famer
> if brady was throwing him the rock...
>
>
> But who did we have cutler?
>
> Tannehill?
>
> Come on.

Landry was a pro bowler with the same QBs throwing to him. Set an NFL record for receptions in the first four years of a career. At some point, the whole QB thing becomes an excuse. Great receivers find ways to get open and make plays. I don't care who's throwing the ball to him, Parker is what he is-- another Miami Dolphins 1st round disappointment.

Date: July 26, 2018 01:05PM

When the QB is sacked, the receiver can hardly be blamed. Errr...sacked for standing in the pocket CONFUSED and uncertain that is. A deer in the headlights that is.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.