HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL Player Protest Policy
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL Player Protest Policy
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: July 20, 2018 06:03PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Player Protest Policy
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 20, 2018 06:53PM

I agree totally 808. It's silly to protest the National government as a means of protesting local police when the national government is the entity you have to run to when local police are abusing their authority.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: July 23, 2018 10:52AM

Why can't the players understand that a protest, against anything U.S.A., should not be done on the football field? They are making millions of dollars, something the average American citizen, can't even fathom. They even hold out because someone else is making more than they are, despite at the time of signing their contract, that was the highest dollar figure for that particular position, at the time. Yeah, sure, professional sports players, its because you love the game so much. cough!

Because the NFL put out their new rule, the players are now saying, "Well hell, I wasn't going to kneel this year, but now that they are telling us we can't, I am going to do just that." Real mature.

There isn't one person in the U.S. who says no one can't protest. Just do it in a proper setting. During the National Anthem is not the proper place.

They wish to protest police brutality? Hell, why aren't they protesting and doing something about Chicago? They are killing each other at a greater clip than cops are. Besides, statistics show that there are more whites killed by police than blacks. I guess these stats don't mean much.

Anyway, that's it for me on this subject.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: July 24, 2018 02:43PM

"Because the NFL put out their new rule, the players are now saying, "Well hell, I wasn't going to kneel this year, but now that they are telling us we can't, I am going to do just that." Real mature."

Cap, don't expect too much maturity from these kids. They may be big, strong, and have big money for the first time in their lives, but they're just kids.

Rick

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 24, 2018 03:38PM

That's another point. A lot of these kids come from deprived backgrounds and so when big money comes in for the first time, they end up blowing it. Aesop said it in "The Grasshopper and the Ant" but it was detailed better by the man that I hate most in a book called (translation) "My Struggle."

He wrote about what he was then seeing while poor himself. He said that being poor and deprived builds up longing so much in the poor that when they do get money, they blow it quickly because of all that long deprivation even though they more than anyone else should instead be saving.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: July 28, 2018 04:17AM

808phan, I understand.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 30, 2018 09:24AM

They choose the football field to protest because they think that setting is where thier voice lies. Off of that pulpet the perception is that no one listens and if they do its in small numbers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.