Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I'm getting why Parker has been a bust...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
I'm getting why Parker has been a bust...
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: June 05, 2018 04:25AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm getting why Parker has been a bust...
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: June 05, 2018 05:02AM

You can't be great unless you want to be.

I liked sports better when there wasn't so much coverage, especially the instant social media coverage.

Parker may carve out an average career and make some money like ted ginn but it won't be with the phins. He'll bounce around the league because there's always going to be a team out there that thinks they can fix him.

I give it 6 posts before this turns into another stupid tannehill debate.

Date: June 05, 2018 06:02AM

>
> I give it 6 posts before this turns into another
> stupid tannehill debate.

Hope not. That dead horse has been beaten more than enough. Regarding Parker, though, culture wise, Gase should be more concerned with players like this who don't care enough to do the things you need to do to be successful. I'd throw Jordan Phillips in that group as well. Suh may have been paid a lot of money, but the guy played his ass off. Phillips is a stiff who despite having talent, is satisfied being mediocre. I very much doubt either Parker or Phillips will have anything more than an unremarkable NFL career. Right now, all that they're doing is sucking off of Ross' teat (metaphorically but who the hell knows) while the team has nothing whatsoever to show for it.

Date: June 05, 2018 07:33AM

Couldn't agree more. these players were coddled their entire lives because they were head and shoulders better than the competition.

they were allowed to continue bad habits because they were gifted physically.

Well, everyone in the NFL is gifted...some more so than others. The ones that work like pros off the field get paid. I don't see that with Parker. I can see Phillips putting together a good "contract" season and sucking shortly after getting paid.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 05, 2018 01:03PM

Im willing to see what Phillips's got this year. I thought he showed improvement last year. Parker gets another chance too. With Landry gone will he demand more of himself. If not he is gone in 2019 or maybe traded during the preseason. He was #3 behind Landry and stills. He has the spotlight now.

Don't care much about the Chambers story. Too many of these ex athletes need to call it a day and shut the hell up. They had their time. Throwing shade on the current guys is the only way most of these guys get press time now. Parker has a positions coach as long as he is not criticizing him Im willing to see what he's got in 2018.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: June 05, 2018 07:03PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 05, 2018 07:11PM

Where do these guys get these attitudes?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 06, 2018 04:17AM

And i agree with mizzou......Chambers needs to SHut up....

Date: June 06, 2018 08:10AM

I don't really care what Chambers does or doesn't do. What I do care about is that the team spent a first round pick on a wide receiver that hasn't topped 744 yards or 57 catches in a season nor played in every game of a season.

Date: June 07, 2018 03:32AM

I got the not playing every game he has to step up, the numbers ehh, they should go up w/ Landry gone. At times when on the field he was not the primary read or covered and then the ball went to Landry.
Parker was our 3rd leading receiver in catches and 1 catch less than Stills. As a third receiver he had more catches than the #3 receivers from GB, ATL, and the Skins in 2017. Amendola had 5 more receptions than Parker and he was #2 in receptions for the Pats. He had the same number of receptions as the Eagles #2 receiver,

We do need more tds this year from him but there is a reason we extended his contract.

Yeah he needs to get on the field but looking at our top receivers games missed since 2015 (his rookie year):

Stills 0
Wilson 5
Amendola 7
Parker 6

so his missed games numbers are really not abnormal.

Guy is playing and producing.

Date: June 07, 2018 05:46AM

How would anybody think a receiver can be successfull with cutler been the qb?

Remember back when tannehill was playing parker was making some good catches.

If tannehill stays healthy watch parker get to the other level.

Date: June 07, 2018 08:15AM

"If tannehill stays healthy watch Parker get to the other level."

Right Sam we have a lot riding on Tanne this year and hopefully he stays healthy and pick up from where he left off in 2016. So far the early news is all good.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: June 07, 2018 08:42AM

How about both of them stay healthy. Would love to see what they could do together for a full season.

Date: June 07, 2018 08:56AM

Exactly right guys.

Date: June 07, 2018 09:45AM

In 2015, Tannehill threw for over 4200 yards. Parker had 26 catches for 490 yards. In 2016, before he got hurt, Tannehill threw for 3000 yards and Parker had 744 yards. The reason that Landry got as many targets is because when any Miami QB needed someone to make a play, Landry was the guy they trusted to make the play. There's a reason they didn't trust Parker. He hasn't earned their trust on the field. I'll take a slower smaller Landry type over someone like Parker all day long. Landry gives a crap. Parker doesn't. If I'm wrong and he does care, he needs to show it on Sundays.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 07, 2018 11:55PM

I made this point on an earlier post: when Tannehill put together his best personal stretch of games (100 QBR) and the Dolphins overall best results (7-1) in the 8 games in 2016 ending with the AZ game where he went down, it coincided with a time during which Landry was much less of a focal point of the offense.

In fact, during the early part of the season when we went 1-4, Landry had reception numbers of 7, 10, 7, 7, 3. During the next 8 games when we went 7-1, Landry averaged about 5.5 receptions. Further, if you remove the BAL game where he had 11 receptions during our only loss within that streak, his average was under 5 receptions per game.

I'm not saying that this will result in Parker playing better or being more a part of 2018 success. But, it's interesting that in Landry's 4 years in MIA he put up really incredible catch #'s...had relatively low YPC and TD production (til last year) relative to his catch numbers. And, in the period when Tannehill and the team saw best results, he was much less a part of those results.

Date: June 08, 2018 12:01AM

Regarding Chambers, I really liked him when he was with us. However, from what I've read he now works to help train NFL athletes. He may have had selfish ambition in reaching out to Parker and taken Parker's decline (which, seemingly, was done without the professional courtesy of an actual response) poorly...resulting in him volunteering his opinion about the order of Phins receivers. Point is, it may not have been as altruistic a "I reached out to help him, but he didn't want my help" effort as his words would lead one to believe.

Nothing against a guy trying to drum up business, but if his business proposal was spurned, there's no place for retaliatory statements.

Date: June 08, 2018 12:33AM

What I see in that streak is one good team we beat, Pitt, 11-5...the first game of the streak.

After that 7-9, 5-11, 5-11, 4-12, 2-14, 8-8, 7-8-1.

The only game we controlled was the pitt game. Other than that we beat the dregs of the league and trailed in every one of those games. After winning 6 in a row we had a true litmus test against the Ravens and lost 38-6. That says more to me than coming from behind to squeak out wins against teams we should have dominated.

I think people put waaaay too much into the "streak".

Date: June 08, 2018 04:11AM

Can we at least all agree that if Tannehill stays healthy and Parker has his typically crappy year, it would be time to move on from him? How many chances does a guy deserve to get?

Date: June 08, 2018 05:14AM

My point was that Tannehill seemingly played his best during a time while Landry was a smaller part of the offensive production than "normal". I don't see what quality of opponent or coming from behind has to do with the fact that Landry's production was less during that time...and the only time during that streak where it "popped up" was during a blowout loss to a team that ended up 8-8.

When did we trail against Arizona? They came back to tie us eventually, then we won on a short FG...but that happened after Tannehill had led us to a 21-9 lead.

I guess in the 9ers game we were down 7-0 after Q1, but then outscored them 31-7 before allowing some garbage time points (and admittedly getting too close for comfort to letting them tie it up at the end). Having to score first in every game so that you don't have to "come from behind" seems a bit over the top, but technically I guess we had to come from behind.

I will admit it was a good year to draw the NFC West. Outside of "the streak" I think we probably should have stolen on in Seattle and swept the division. NE beat us 2x cuz they're a superior team...sweeping BUF & NYJ any year irrespective of how they're otherwise doing is solid. Losing to CIN (losing record) & BAL (8-8) while squeaking one out against CLE then beating PIT just supports the "any given Sunday" nature of the NFL.

I put a good amount of stock in a 7-1 run...which ended up being a 9-2 run overall. That's just hard to put together in the NFL pretty much no matter who you are. That said, it's history and I'm mainly interested in whether we can string some together this year.

Date: June 08, 2018 07:04AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My point was that Tannehill seemingly played his
> best during a time while Landry was a smaller part
> of the offensive production than "normal".

I think distributing the ball more evenly among the receivers is a great idea but it only works if you have a group of receivers that know how to get open, run good routes, have good hands, and can make yards after the catch. Landry did those things well. Parker hasn't proven he can. Amendola is a good receiver but he's old and injury prone. Wilson is unproven. Gesicki is good prospect but you never know how a rookie is going to transition to the pros (Michael Egnew is a good example). There's a reason why the Miami QBs seem to always look to Landry. If the other receivers were making plays, I really can't imagine that the QB was throwing to Landry because he wanted to pad Landry's stats. If the reason the plays were all going to Landry was out of design, that's on Gase not Landry. If they were going to Landry because the other receivers weren't running the routes correctly or getting open, that's on the other receivers.

Date: June 08, 2018 10:29AM

Looking at some history of our top 3 wr

2013 catches - Charlie Clay had 69 Tanne was QB good stats
Hartline 76
Wallace 73
Mathews 41

2014 catches
Landry 84
Wallace 67
Hartline 38

Landry 110
Mathews 43
Stills 27 Parker 1 behind at 26 w/ 17 ypc

Landry 94
Parker 56
Stills 42

Landry 112
Stills 57
Parker 58

Landry is a dynamic wr. His domination of the ball started before Parker's arrival. You can see there was more balance in catches prior to his arrival. Parker is getting his share, he may actually be the leading receiver on the team right now with catches in a Phin uni. Wallace used to demand his share of throws his way, I guess Parker should have become a distraction and did the same.

Parker should do well this season Im rooting for the guy.

Date: June 08, 2018 11:27AM

and Parker's numbers probably rates in the top 5 for receivers for his draft class. Good numbers for a #3 wr playing behind Landry and Stills. No need to take p*** on the guy.

Date: June 08, 2018 03:15PM

Hey Chyrene....Is Parker a deep threat or a slot receiver?

Unfortunately NEITHER. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 08, 2018 03:27PM

Hey TC is your problem emotional or educational? Unfortunately both. LOL

Date: June 08, 2018 03:56PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey TC is your problem emotional or educational?
> Unfortunately both. LOL

Hmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like I hit a nerve. See back when I was just a boy ...........we had comic books for $0.15........and then the titanic sank........babe Ruth no there was a real player!! hey......where was I again?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 08, 2018 04:40PM

Thanks for the answer. Definitely insanity.

Date: June 08, 2018 05:35PM

Dounle post edited out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2018 05:37PM by ChyrenB.

Date: June 09, 2018 04:43AM

Lol.

I love ya buddy. Go Dolphins....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 11:55AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: June 09, 2018 05:44AM

Tamper, my point being it's hard to gauge much when playing the dregs of the league.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.