Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jason Taylor: “Sometimes people don’t understand what they have until it’s gone"
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jason Taylor: “Sometimes people don’t understand what they have until it’s gone"
Date: June 03, 2018 06:50AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jason Taylor: “Sometimes people don’t understand what they have until it’s gone"
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: June 03, 2018 06:56AM

I said the same exact thing about Landry and Suh. Watching Phillips, Godchaux, Spence etc. try to make up for losing Suh is going to be painful just like 3rd and 7 or 8 and no Landry,.

Re: Jason Taylor: “Sometimes people don’t understand what they have until it’s gone"
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 03, 2018 01:54PM

Good article. He is very optimistic. I hope he is right. In the draft, I would have taken Lamar Jackson instead though.

Please no nasty comments from Tanny's girlfriend on the board.

Date: June 04, 2018 07:28AM

Glad Jason agrees with me. In fact I can't find one statement anywhere that backs passing on Lamar Jackson as anything but a good thing.

Further shows your lack of understanding on the game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 04, 2018 08:57AM

Lack of understanding as you claim has nothing to do with a bum knee.....Its called insurance in case tannehill can't play....

But you can't see otherwise since you are on a honeymoon with tannehill.

Date: June 04, 2018 08:59AM

It has nothing to do with understanding the game.

Date: June 04, 2018 10:45AM

Right, Sam. I never said the article even mentioned, let alone supported, passing on Jackson. It just analyzed the picks we did make. So while trying to show someone else is clueless, again, he shows that he is the one who can't read and understand at the same time. Blame his teachers

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: June 04, 2018 12:28PM

I think he meant anywhere as in not just this article but any other article out there. General blanket statement. Maybe on another line or paragraph would have been better suited for the context.

After the other 4 QB's were gone there was no way we would have taken Jackson at 12. Maybe that trade down wasn't there.

Date: June 04, 2018 12:37PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It has nothing to do with understanding the game.

A point that you and The Tanny hater prove daily......drinking smiley 7

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 04, 2018 02:10PM

Oh it has everything to do with understanding the game. It is you who are not, in those terms, even in Kindergarten yet.

Errrrrrr.....you can't play injured. Duh..... Whether it is an old injury or a new one you get by stepping through a door, let alone running around playing football like Tannehill will be doing.

And.....I hate to burst your bubble but Tannehill will not be playing football forever.....certainly not long enough for you to say "No big deal if all of the QBs except one were drafted before us."

So like I said, unlike you, the rest of the NFL recognized that Spring of 2018 was a great Quarterback draft class.

That's why Mayfield, Darnold, Allen and Rosen were picked before we could even open our mouths at 11. We could have picked Lamar Jackson or Rudolph. But we chose Fitzpatrick at safety when even defense hawks would have gone for Tremaine Edmunds, linebacker.

But I don't think you even UNDERSTAND the concept of the future. You live from second to second....never thinking ahead.

....and Brady doesn't beat us with the bomb. He beats us with the dink and the dunk. So a great safety might help against the rest of the league, but it won't help against our main competition.

Date: June 05, 2018 03:44AM

So like I said, unlike you, the rest of the NFL recognized that Spring of 2018 was a great Quarterback draft class.

Really? Then why did the Pats who have a 41 yr old QB pass? Colorado passed.... only the lifeless Jets who always make the wrong decisions and Buffalo who had 6 picks in the first 3 rounds moved up.

Here's what I meant about unmasking you. I have you in a position that you will be waiting.....salviating for Tanny to go down.

Next year is a new draft. This wasn't the only opportunity to get a QB for the future. That's what you refuse to see. Uour like a little kid in a toy store being told he can't have a shiny new Toy. Wah Wah. But I want it now!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 05, 2018 04:28AM

quote; Next year is a new draft. This wasn't the only opportunity to get a QB for the future.

But it was the best opportunity to draft one who would become great.

THis year qb class was light years better in talent than next year.

But you cannot see that because of your crush to tannehill.

You are a blind squirrel.

Date: June 05, 2018 04:59AM

And chren we really dont have to understand Xs and Os much to see that we needed a good rookie back up in case he can't play.

But you and i can see that because we are not blindly infatuated with tannehill.

To us if tannehill cant play we just replace him with some other player.

They will have to take tcpf to the emegency room if tannehill cant play for some reason.

Date: June 05, 2018 05:15AM

That right.....Take him to the emergency room broken hearted.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: June 05, 2018 09:27AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> quote; Next year is a new draft. This wasn't the
> only opportunity to get a QB for the future.
>
>
>
> But it was the best opportunity to draft one who
> would become great.
>
> THis year qb class was light years better in
> talent than next year.
>
> But you cannot see that because of your crush to
> tannehill.
>
> You are a blind squirrel.

You may be right, Sam, that this year's crop of QBs will be great, but who really knows? Most of these QBs won't be seeing the field for some time, and the ones that do, who knows how they will do? Remember, Ryan Leaf was supposed to be the protype QB.

Date: June 05, 2018 10:10AM

Edited out. I took this year to mean the class to come and not the one that just passed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 10:31AM by ChyrenB.

Date: June 05, 2018 11:21AM

Date: June 05, 2018 01:21PM

TCPF All of us hope you are right. Im sure of that.

But we took a player in the first round a position we have probably the most depth on this team.

And ignored the qb position where we have no depth at all with the two scrubs behind tannehill...

Open your eyes dude. Wake up.

And you know they are two backup scruns worth shit....Im sure you do know.

Date: June 05, 2018 01:30PM

And its a lame excuse for you to say you think these two scrub backup qbs can get us out of trouble if tannehill cant play.

Lame excuse. You know thats not true.

Date: June 05, 2018 01:44PM

Date: June 05, 2018 01:46PM

David Fales is very capable and after an offeason with Gase will be more then capable. You just refuse to see it. You wanted your Toy or piece of candy in the draft and didn't get it so now your still crying on the floor.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 05, 2018 01:50PM

Same jealous girlfriend, SamSam. If she can't be there in person to watch her boyfriend at the prom, she's rather that the only other girls at the prom only be homely girls.

Date: June 05, 2018 01:57PM

wow a td pass in otas....CLAP CLAP CLAP....

LMAO.

Date: June 05, 2018 03:46PM

To SamSam.

smileys with beer

Date: June 05, 2018 06:36PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> wow a td pass in otas....CLAP CLAP CLAP....
>
>
> LMAO.

But you said he wasn't capable. He is. You want him to fail Sam?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: June 05, 2018 06:55PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> quote; Next year is a new draft. This wasn't the
> only opportunity to get a QB for the future.
>
>
>
> But it was the best opportunity to draft one who
> would become great.

What makes you think so? The only people that characterized this QB class as "great" was the teams that were desperate for a QB. Now, its only the teams that got one.
>
> THis year qb class was light years better in
> talent than next year.

Too early to tell that. That statement is only a hopeful(!?!) guess.
>
> But you cannot see that because of your crush to
> tannehill.
>
> You are a blind squirrel.

That seems to be a common problem referencing this topic.

Rick

Date: June 05, 2018 07:02PM

Date: June 05, 2018 07:09PM

Rick, I even fear it when Tannehill steps up on a high curb on a downtown street.

Date: June 05, 2018 07:13PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> David Fales is very capable and after an offeason
> with Gase will be more then capable. You just
> refuse to see it. You wanted your Toy or piece of
> candy in the draft and didn't get it so now your
> still crying on the floor.

I don't refuse to see it. I would desperately LOVE to see it. I've seen Fails play. It ain't there to be seen. Just watch this guy objectively and you know that its true.
I hope our o-line can keep Tannehill on his feet and healthy.

Rick

Date: June 06, 2018 04:15AM

Do they even have pads on?

Come on TCPF....I would love nothing more than fales to become a pro bowler..

Stop saying we wish injury to tannehill....Stop saying i wish fales to fail.

Come on dude.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.