HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL cracks down
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NFL cracks down
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 23, 2018 12:57PM

on flag protesters by requiring them to stand, not kneel, during the National Anthem or stay in the locker room during its playing.

The protest was originated by Colin Kaepernick as a protest against what he saw as the actions of police, who are law enforcement officers, that he thought were against Blacks. Prosecutors are law enforcement officials too and as I took offense at what he did....NOT what he was trying to accomplish BUT HOW he did it.

He disrespected THE FLAG! And as a Black kid who grew up in the South in the 50s, that flag was there for my people from Birmingham to Little Rock to KKK lychings. This idiot had a perfect alternative that history gave him but he was too stupid to see it. He could have done like Carlos and Smith did at the 68 Olympics and raised his fist during the playing of the Anthem to represent the need for Black power. But at the same time, it showed respect for the flag and thus the federal government, who has been quite often, the only friend of Blacks.

Well back to today. In my opinion, the NFL has itself trampled on that flag even more than Kaepernick by ordering players to either stand for the flag or stay in the locker room. But that trampled on the flag even MORE than does the kneeling during the Anthem. You do no service to democracy by forcing people to stand for it. Democracy means people have the right to even disrespect it. You do no service to democracy when you impose Fascism even if because the person is being punished for being disrespectful of democracy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL cracks down
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 23, 2018 08:07PM

I agree Chreyn - this time the NFL has gone too far, and I already see the backlash coming back around to sack the commissioner and owners on this nutty decision. Players Association's response will be intriguing.

Date: May 24, 2018 03:28AM

Politics. As evidenced here we all have very different sides/thoughts and opinions. You and I Chyrene couldn't be more different. However we are great friends here.smileys with beer. Why is that?

Politics need to be banned on Sundays period. It should be a free zone for players to come work , and fans to put the week behind yhem and families to come together and enjoy the game free of politics. It's that simple. It's a buisness move and a smart one. I stayed away from the stadium last season. Spent my family time and money going to heat games.

It doesny belong....handle personal protests on your own time.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 04:00AM

I'd be happy with taking the "King Solomon" approach and removing the national anthem from the pre-game festivities. Why does it have to be in there anyway? We could return the sport to what it is- entertainment.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 04:31AM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd be happy with taking the "King Solomon"
> approach and removing the national anthem from the
> pre-game festivities. Why does it have to be in
> there anyway? We could return the sport to what
> it is- entertainment.

Bingo. Exactly right.

Date: May 24, 2018 05:56AM

I disagree. This isn't about the Players. F THEM. The fans, families like myself really spend alot of money....up to $500 just to go to 1 game. Many are first responders and Veterans. That anthem, with 60,000 people, a flyover is a great experience. Start removing that and F'em. I can just watch at home. And many agree. The owners changed tbuer tune becuase they are all smart business men.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 06:15AM

If they dont stand then no pay for 3 or 4 games...That will show them.

Date: May 24, 2018 07:00AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> If they dont stand then no pay for 3 or 4
> games...That will show them.

THAT I like Sam Sam! I like to have fun with you , but deep down you are a great American brother!smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 24, 2018 07:37AM

This country has given me and my family everything and i will be forever gratefull.

Date: May 24, 2018 07:38AM

smileys with beer

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: May 24, 2018 07:50AM

I wonder what happens on a team when some players want to go out and others don't?

Date: May 24, 2018 08:06AM

Yeah that will be interesting PA

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: May 24, 2018 08:12AM

I read in the articles about this that "players on the field must show the appropriate level of respect". What exactly does this mean? Players won't chew gum or shuffle back and forth while it's being played? (I admit this has happened for as long as I remember in all sports)

Half assed solution design by a group of people who's only anthem/song is Pink Floyds Money.

Date: May 24, 2018 08:57AM

samsam3738 Wrote:smileys with beer
> This country has given me and my family everything
> and i will be forever gratefull.

smileys with beer Those words are exactly what makes us great. God bless you and your family.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 09:00AM

Dumb ass** on both sides here. What less than 10% of players are actually protesting? 2 Phins? Giving them attention is giving them more power. They kneel and they cameras light up. Flag is an inanimate object and I really don't think its American to be forced to take oaths of allegiance to inanimate objects, I do because I choose to but if another American does not its his right as an American. There was a dumbe a** guy who would not stand for the pledge at Ravens games over 10 years ago, its not new.

I have no respect for these players who are taking this into a 3rd season. If they believe so much in what they are doing why are they not doing something about it instead of getting the cameras on them on Sundays. We live in the age of political stupidity.

Owners doing what they feel they need to do its their teams.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 09:43AM

I hear you mizzou. So few that actually do this from week to week but the issue is those are the ones that get attention. The teammates also get alienated if they spreak out against those players. Just look at that lineman from Pitt last year. Only guy to come out of the looker room then the next day apoligized for doing it. I mean WTF...stand up for what you believe in.

I may be wrong and chyren please correct me but freedom of speech is meant for you to speak out against the government not that freedom against you employer or corporation. You have your own time to protest if you so feel the need.

Please strap on 80 lbs of gear, carry you weapon on you shoulder, hop on a c-130 for a 14 hour flight to a hostile territory full of people wanting to kill you then come back and tell me how much you want to disrespect the flag that allows you the freedom to play a game for millions a year and have millions of people, who dont know you, worship you. Do that while wearing your cop-pig socks and see how much respect you get from the majority of the country.

The flag does not make bad cops just like it doesn't make criminals either. Not standing isnt going to change that. We should all stand together as one people.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: May 24, 2018 10:24AM

This subject it like touching a hot poker.

Old Glory is a symbol of this country's existence. When thousands get together at a major sporting event flying Old Glory is just something to remind everyone where they are and just how fortunate they are to live in the land of the free and home of the brave.

Playing the National Anthem is a means of allowing the people in attendance to focus their attention for two minutes on Old Glory.
Standing when the National Anthem is played is a means of showing respect for the flag and ultimately our nation.

The United State is blessed being between two great oceans. The land itself has a variety of terrain and a multitude of weather differences during the seasons. It is vast and we have an abundance of natural resources. It is truly a blessed place on earth. All of us should be mindful of just how lucky we are to be here.

My personal views stem from my early childhood core values which I've carried all through the years. Old Glory is special just like the US, and people should be respectful and stand despite the many pitfalls this Republic experiences, past and present.

I would prefer to have all persons stand proudly with reverence when the National Anthem is played. However, there will always be those who are inattentive, who ignore the flag, who have attitudes about life and those few will always be among us.

At my home, Old Glory flies daily. Why? Because I want my neighbors to see it, and because I want to see it. Many of my neighbors know my background, while others don't and and could care less. I fly the flag because it means an awful lot to me. And I verily believe there are millions of American who feel the same way.

The decision of the NFL owners addresses the issue of non-standing players. Yet, it will not stop the malcontents from kneeling or hiding when the National Anthem is played.

The malcontents caused me to negatively react to NFL football last season. While I watched the Dolphins, other games on Sunday were not viewed. Monday Night and Thursday night football did little to interest me. This was atypical behavior for me. I'm hoping my spirit changes for the upcoming season. It will if the players come to play ball and not to make political statements about something.

I also want to add that many TV shows that were always watched like the Oscars, Emmy's and various beauty contests and music awards were ignored and have been ignored for the past 6-7 years because the actors and actress and entertainers used the stage to voice their opinions on the viewers about something political. This behavior was a turn off and remains a turn off for me. I say, just make your movies or TV shows and records, thank those that helped it to success, cheer and rejoice--be happy and most importantly leave politics out of the show. People like me with a similar point of view, tune in to be entertained and the same applies to watching NFL football on the TV screen or at the stadium.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 24, 2018 01:32PM

Freedom of speech is your right to speak anywhere in public w/ out the government restraining you in any way. You can speak out against your employee. In turn that employee has the right to terminate you.

I respect my country's flag. I will tell you what pisses me off just as much as the few nfl players who are protesting, businesses that fly dirty false because they are to lazy to do what they are supposed to do. Leave them out in the rain and snow. That is not patriotic that is dumb. I used to do business with the same org for car services. Business changed hands guy flew the flag and said 'veteran owned and operated'. Made me feel good, then he wanted to charge me $80 bucks for an oil change. 'My car was new', was his rational.

Patriotism comes from the heart respecting the constitution and what that means to this country. No litmus test that all Americans have to stand even if that is what I would like to see and I do.

Date: May 24, 2018 01:47PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:smileys with beer
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This country has given me and my family
> everything
> > and i will be forever gratefull.
>
>
> smileys with beer Those words are exactly what makes us great.
> God bless you and your family.

Thank you brother. The same to you.

Sam smileys with beer TCPF

Date: May 24, 2018 01:48PM

I forgot chren...

Sam smileys with beer Chren.

Date: May 24, 2018 03:20PM

Thanks mizz...that is what I thought but you put it in better words.

Date: May 24, 2018 05:42PM

It's funny. I agree with all of the above. But like I said, the point of our democracy, which the flag symbolizes, gives the aholes the right to be aholes. And you can't honor democracy by denying it

The question is, though, is it confining them to the locker room or allowing them to use it as an alternative?

The latter is fine, but the former may itself may be a denial of the very democracy that the flag is supposed to represent.

Now it is also the right of owners to fire them.

Date: May 24, 2018 07:04PM

Date: May 25, 2018 04:56AM

I can't do whatever I want at work. You couldn't either Chyrene. Hell, I believe in free speech but here in this forum it's a private owned domain and we have to follow rules.

NFL is no different. Ross owns that stadium, the grass, the helmets and cleats. That shitty logo is trademarked. You represent him and are an employee. STFU and do your job for the grossly overpaid salary you pampered dipshit.I see other forums of protest....the heat gets my money and attention again this year. Becuase the NBA respects the fans.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 25, 2018 05:06AM

Its disrespectfull not to stand...

Can't stand All these overpaid athletes who dont honor the flag.

They are lucky to be living in this country.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 07:27AM

Anyone who protests during the National Anthem is trying to disrespect the flag, because they could protest any other time. They just know it will create the biggest uproar and get them more attention.

I think that whoever is broadcasting the game should show the American flag and not any players.

Date: May 25, 2018 07:54AM

Date: May 25, 2018 08:11AM

I thought there was talks about not actually showing the National Anthem on TV. Just skipping that part anyways.

Still having it live at the stadium just not put on a platform.

Date: May 25, 2018 08:31AM

That would definetely be a way so the players that dont stand dont get the attention.

They think they almighty. Please. FU. And get the hell off this country if you disrespect the flag.

The firstone i want off this country on a plane right back to his country is kapernick.

Let see how free your country is @SSHOLE.

Date: May 25, 2018 08:34AM

I wouldnt want kapernick near the dolphins....Nowhere near the stadium or city of miami rather.

EDIT::::::::I would proudly rather go 0-16.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2018 08:51AM by samsam3738.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.