HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          some clarity please??
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: some clarity please??
Date: May 14, 2018 07:02PM

I don't think any draft would have made you happy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 02:08AM

for all the heat I took defending philbin I'm shocked people don't see the similarities in Gase.

Inexperienced coords and staff, OCs that were made by HOF QBs, completely overmatched and out schemed on game day.

If you're inspired by Burke's presser, more power to you. If you think Dowell Logains is going to transform this offense? I've got beach front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

My only hope this year is some of these young guys get valuable experience for the Harbaugh regime next year.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 04:50AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> for all the heat I took defending philbin I'm
> shocked people don't see the similarities in
> Gase.
>
> Inexperienced coords and staff, OCs that were made
> by HOF QBs, completely overmatched and out schemed
> on game day.
>
> If you're inspired by Burke's presser, more power
> to you. If you think Dowell Logains is going to
> transform this offense? I've got beach front
> property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.
>
> My only hope this year is some of these young guys
> get valuable experience for the Harbaugh regime
> next year.

Funny you bring up Philbin. For all the heat he took, there are two two personnel decisions that he apparently pushed for and were vetoed. One is that he didn't want to draft Devante Parker. Turns out he was right. Secondly, he wanted to draft Derek Carr. Maybe he was a lousy coach but his personnel skills seem a lot better than anyone that's been pulling the trigger on free agency and the draft for this team.

Date: May 15, 2018 05:04AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I hear you 100%. But we sucked against the run as
> well with SUH. It just wasn't working. So even if
> they get it wrong again , I'll just be glad they
> didn't continue slamming a square plug into a
> round hole.

Miami was 14th in the league against the run last year and that was with Suh. Middle of the pack. My point has been that if you want to improve on that, what you need to do is replace the players who aren't performing, most prominently, Jordan Phillips. Going into the draft, the book on him was that he would disappear during long stretches. Has that really changed? Can you imagine an offensive coordinator honestly staying up nights because he's facing Phillips, Godchaux, and Taylor? I agree that the run defense wasn't good enough last year, but I just don't see how getting rid of your best player and not bringing in anyone to try and replace his production makes any sense. Being 14th in the league against the run isn't great I'll grant you. But there's 18 spots lower that they can fall next year. Without Suh and relying on players like Phillips, I don't see how they avoid that.

Date: May 15, 2018 07:03AM

Heres the only Logic I can make out of it.....Usually SUH was double teamed and they tried to get the runners past the front four . Once that was accomplished Our Linebackers couldn't tackle for shit.Even though SUH's replacement will most likely garner just single coverage they are going to change up the safty Linebacker scheme for Blitz's .The Zone coverage in defense really lacked....go man to man in the backfield and let Fitz , Jones roam sideline to sideline.

SUH just cost too much. bottomline.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 15, 2018 07:24AM

> Heres the only Logic I can make out of
> it.....Usually SUH was double teamed and they
> tried to get the runners past the front four .
> Once that was accomplished Our Linebackers
> couldn't tackle for shit.Even though SUH's
> replacement will most likely garner just single
> coverage they are going to change up the safty
> Linebacker scheme for Blitz's .The Zone coverage
> in defense really lacked....go man to man in the
> backfield and let Fitz , Jones roam sideline to
> sideline.
>
> SUH just cost too much. bottomline.

Oh I totally agree that Suh cost too much. Tannenbaum negotiated a ridiculous contract and it was panned by the pundits the moment it was signed. So, let's assume that Suh had to go. The logical thing to do then would have been to draft a young promising DT to hopefully take some of the sting out of losing the only guy that drew double teams. The linebackers are going to have a hard time making plays when they're getting no help up front. Hopefully McMillan is all they say he is. I'm reserving judgment until I see him play. However, I see no other linebacker that I have confidence in. Alonso is a slug. Small and slow. Baker is a coverage linebacker but not a run stopper. Which brings us back to either starting Chase Allen (and undrafted and very limited player) or Stephone Anthony (who's already crapped out with the team that drafted him). Knowing that you were going to cut Suh, I see no possible reason they wouldn't have drafted one or even two DTs to see whether they could strike gold with at least one of them. There were some talented guys that had some potential that could've been had in the fourth round. Maurice Hurst was a guy I thought for sure they'd take instead of a blocking tight end. Oh well, my opinion counts for nothing. I said last year that the offensive line would stink and that Larson was a bad signing. I think I was right. I said they should've drafted a guard like Lamp instead of Charles Harris. So far, I think I was right. We'll see if Harris can manage more than 2 sacks this year. I guess nothing to do but wait and see.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 15, 2018 07:58AM

If paid professionals cant figure the phins out for decades....tcpf wont figure it out either.

Date: May 15, 2018 08:18AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> If paid professionals cant figure the phins out
> for decades....tcpf wont figure it out either.

What's your take on it Sam besides stupid pet name's for players? Little more to winning then just drafting a QB. Do you have anything intelligent to add?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 15, 2018 08:49AM

> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If paid professionals cant figure the phins out
> > for decades....tcpf wont figure it out either.
>
>
> What's your take on it Sam besides stupid pet
> name's for players? Little more to winning then
> just drafting a QB. Do you have anything
> intelligent to add?

You just proved my point by saying:

TCPF QUOTE: Little more to winning then just drafting a qb.

Reality check: The mayority of teams dont win jack because the have no decent qb...

Date: May 15, 2018 08:56AM

We barely made it to the playoffs once in 6 years bro. Isn't that prove enough?

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: May 15, 2018 01:31PM

actually i would be happy with alot of drafts, this one to me was a wasted pick on a position we didnt need another person at. I realize the whole bullshit take the best athlete available, what if it was a kicker then that would be cool?? we didnt need another damn safety period. if thats what they wanted then they should trade tj or jones and get a damn lb or dt. I keep hearing how suh got double teamed that makes the whole reason for getting a dt more important. meaning if suh was taking on 2 blockers then we really blow ass crack cuz an unblocked man cant make a damn sack or tackle, i guess they all just hold there jocks and watch the runner go by. god this team has sucked for so many years and now we get to play 3 safety formations so hopefully one of those will make a tackle after they run by the line and the LB

Date: May 16, 2018 08:10AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> -----
> > samsam3738 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > If paid professionals cant figure the phins
> out
> > > for decades....tcpf wont figure it out
> either.
> >
> >
> > What's your take on it Sam besides stupid pet
> > name's for players? Little more to winning then
> > just drafting a QB. Do you have anything
> > intelligent to add?
>
> You just proved my point by saying:
>
> TCPF QUOTE: Little more to winning then just
> drafting a qb.
>
> Reality check: The mayority of teams dont win jack
> because the have no decent qb...

How did the Eagles do it with just a back up last season?eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 16, 2018 08:14AM

Who are you kidding Fiedler? If they drafted a DT you still would have cried. Not sure I've ever seen you happy about anything. I get the Phins have been less then steller .....but when you have to state not taking a kicker in the first round to try and make a point.....you lost.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: May 16, 2018 08:22AM

Prediction: Fitzpatrick, barring injury, will have his name eventually on the Ring of Honor.

Date: May 16, 2018 08:34AM

> samsam3738 Wrote:
> -----
> > TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > samsam3738 Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > If paid professionals cant figure the phins
> > out
> > > > for decades....tcpf wont figure it out
> > either.
> > >
> > >
> > > What's your take on it Sam besides stupid pet
> > > name's for players? Little more to winning
> then
> > > just drafting a QB. Do you have anything
> > > intelligent to add?
> >
> > You just proved my point by saying:
> >
> > TCPF QUOTE: Little more to winning then just
> > drafting a qb.
> >
> > Reality check: The mayority of teams dont win
> jack
> > because the have no decent qb...
>
>
> How did the Eagles do it with just a back up last
> season?eye rolling smiley

Fales and osweiler dont even come close to been as talented as he is. Not even close.

Date: May 16, 2018 08:43AM

We already seen fales and know he is just not starting material and might not even be good for a lucky game or two like moore...And osweiler has been a scrub his entire career.

Date: May 16, 2018 08:46AM

But you wanted no competetion for tannehill and got your wish.

Good luck with that.

I hope not but i believe now we are stuck with tannehill and his bum knee...Knock on wood thats not the case.

If it is....the we will witness another boring 6-10 season or worse.

Date: May 16, 2018 11:16AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> But you wanted no competetion for tannehill and
> got your wish.
>
> Good luck with that.
>
> I hope not but i believe now we are stuck with
> tannehill and his bum knee...Knock on wood thats
> not the case.
>
>
> If it is....the we will witness another boring
> 6-10 season or worse.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, any game that Fales or Osweiler are forced to start is a loss. Neither one them is good enough to sustain drives and score points. Plus, this defense is no where near good enough to make up for having either one of these guys leading the offense.

Date: May 16, 2018 12:07PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> -----
> > But you wanted no competetion for tannehill and
> > got your wish.
> >
> > Good luck with that.
> >
> > I hope not but i believe now we are stuck with
> > tannehill and his bum knee...Knock on wood
> thats
> > not the case.
> >
> >
> > If it is....the we will witness another boring
> > 6-10 season or worse.
>
>
> I've said it before and I'll say it again, any
> game that Fales or Osweiler are forced to start is
> a loss. Neither one them is good enough to sustain
> drives and score points. Plus, this defense is no
> where near good enough to make up for having
> either one of these guys leading the offense.

Agreed....Both of them are the worse version of cutler and thats scary.

Date: May 16, 2018 04:52PM

The answer....and I knew you wouldn't get it ..... is the Eagles had a Superbowl caliber team.

No QB is gonna look good behind what we had last year. Not making excuses for Cutler....he was Xtra shitty. But shitting on Fales becuase he didn't start a rally like Foles did in Philly is grossly unfair . Even for you.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 16, 2018 05:41PM

Okay so Sam and Fins72 were pretty much in agreement on that and you trash both of their opinions when all they were talking about is contingency IF something happens to Tanny??????

BOY!!!! Are you jealous!!!angry smiley

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: May 16, 2018 07:01PM

My point is simply, treasure you are very happy with mikah because he was the best athlete available, would u feel the same if it was a kicker because he is the best athlete?? Contrary to your belief i am not very happy about anything. I was happy when we traded ajayi, i was happy when philbin left, i will be ecstatic when gase and the assholes known as the front office get fired. I will throw a party if and when ross gets his balls out of his wifes pocket book, I will be elated when we get a new Qb. I am not happy we have a thousand safeties and no Lb or Dt. Lmao

Date: May 17, 2018 03:29AM

Why do you hate GASE? 2 seasons. It was going very well until Tanny was injured.Now he's back.....why not watch and see? I don't get all the hate? Injuries are part of the game .

And again your kicker apology is about as stupid as it gets. Micah is an incredible athlete that can adapt and play a variety of positions on the fly.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 17, 2018 04:56AM

> Why do you hate GASE? 2 seasons. It was going very
> well until Tanny was injured.Now he's back.....why
> not watch and see? I don't get all the hate?
> Injuries are part of the game .
>
> And again your kicker apology is about as stupid
> as it gets. Micah is an incredible athlete that
> can adapt and play a variety of positions on the
> fly.

Not sure if the question was posed to me, but if so, I don't hate Gase. That said, I'm not impressed with the way he's handled the team in a number of ways. His play calling is often questionable at best. More importantly, as I said in an earlier post, I think he's pig headed and inflexible. Not a good quality in a coach. I hate what he's done to the roster. Out goes Suh and in comes Akeem Spence? Out goes Landry and in comes Amendola and Wilson? How in hell does that make this roster better? But you know what, you said it yourself, "why not just watch and see?" In reality, at the end of the day, that's all that fans can do. So, I'll watch and I'll see with the following caveat. This is the roster that Gase wanted. He's said it multiple times. This is the roster that allows him to run HIS offense. He selected his assistant coaches. He's had 2 years to understand the situation with Tannehill's knee. In plain truth, he has more information about it's stability than any one of us on the outside looking in. Knowing what he knows about Tannehill's health, he, and he alone, decided that a competition between Osweiler, Fales, and (I can't believe I'm typing this) Bryce Petty will result in an adequate backup if Tannehill goes down. He will get the credit for a successful season and he will shoulder the blame for another 6 win or less season. This team is now an extension of Gase himself. The upcoming season is a referendum on his decision making and his coaching. If he turns the team around and has a winning season, I'll be the first one to say I was wrong. If, however, the team staggers to a 5 or 6 win season, will you do the same? I hope I'm wrong. I want to be able to look forward to Sunday afternoons again. I've been a fan since I was 12. I will never root for another NFL team. But I'm a realist. What I've seen this off-season doesn't make me in the least hopeful. I'll give Gase all the credit.... or all the blame... after I watch and see.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: May 17, 2018 06:01AM

About the pig headed and inflexible comment. Sounds a lot like Belichick...It is either his way or the high way. Seems to work for him. If you don't like his plan or you piss him off, you don't play and get booted to some other team. He won't over pay for anybody.

He is an asshole but he gets shit done. One thing is Belichick has the reigns on his club. Whatever he says goes. Gase will never have that with this ownership and these GM's.

Date: May 17, 2018 06:50AM

TCPF needs some clarity. The love is blinding him.

Date: May 17, 2018 06:53AM

Fiedlerhater's trip on the yellow brick road never comes to an end.

Date: May 17, 2018 06:58AM

No 72. Not at all. Don't agree with everything you say but your arguments are very intelligent loaded with information. Fiedler just hates....as his name implies.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 17, 2018 10:19AM

And the only thing Treasure can do is pick on Fiedlerhater's name????? Try answering his arguments.

Date: May 17, 2018 10:37AM

Grimey13 Wrote:
> About the pig headed and inflexible comment.
> Sounds a lot like Belichick...It is either his way
> or the high way. Seems to work for him. If you
> don't like his plan or you piss him off, you don't
> play and get booted to some other team. He won't
> over pay for anybody.
>
> He is an asshole but he gets shit done. One thing
> is Belichick has the reigns on his club. Whatever
> he says goes. Gase will never have that with this
> ownership and these GM's.

I'd say that Gase needs to show a lot more in the results department before he's compared to Belichick. In plain truth, Tony Sparano's first year as head coach similarly was a success. What happened afterward not so much. Gase needs to earn the respect and deference that a successful coach gets. One 10-6 season doesn't get it done for me.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.