HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          some clarity please??
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
some clarity please??
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: May 10, 2018 01:05PM

Gase just said today that mcdonald will not move to LB, they are comfy with him and jones, so question is why did we draft fitzpatrick instead of a LB?? i dont want to hear the shit about best player available, why not what we need.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: some clarity please??
Date: May 10, 2018 02:26PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 10, 2018 02:29PM

Yeah tcpf all those 7th rounders sure come in handy....Maybe next year we get 12 or 13 7th rounders the more scrubs the merrier right?

Date: May 10, 2018 02:32PM

And also all those injured players coming back...

I told you its do or die with tannehill....He doesnt work out and injures again....we be getting the first pick in next years draft.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 10, 2018 02:36PM

A draft that does not have as great QBs.

Date: May 10, 2018 02:37PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A draft that does not have as great QBs.

Exactly.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 10, 2018 04:48PM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
> Gase just said today that mcdonald will not move
> to LB, they are comfy with him and jones, so
> question is why did we draft fitzpatrick instead
> of a LB?? i dont want to hear the shit about best
> player available, why not what we need.

Honestly, we should've drafted Tremaine Edmunds because linebacker was the biggest need and I think there is an argument to be made that Edmunds will be a better pro than Fitzpatrick. Edmunds would've solved our problem covering tight ends and is a tackling machine. They're going to regret passing on him.His combination of size and speed is rare.

Date: May 10, 2018 06:35PM

thank you fins72, thats exactly my point kiko is ok but not great I mean we wasted the 11th pic on a damn safety when we are already stocked with it. why not trade down? why not trade the pic for a player, for christ sake should of drafted a damn kicker. first rounder sitting on the bench or your 9 mill player or your 12mil player take your pick. just another example of the stupid shit this team does every single damn year.

Date: May 10, 2018 06:51PM

Date: May 10, 2018 06:54PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Yeah tcpf all those 7th rounders sure come in
> handy....Maybe next year we get 12 or 13 7th
> rounders the more scrubs the merrier right?

Hey it's a draft. We only have so many 1st and 2nd picks. Can't fill every hole and we would havr been even worse off if we wasted a pick on a QB.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 11, 2018 03:10AM

NFL offenses have changed slot wr, field stretching TEs have replaced the split backfield, power I. Classic 4/3 defense is obsolete against these formations. I think Burke wants to replace the coverage lb w/ a safety. Whey we have stacked up on safeties. Smart move but Im still shaky on Burke. Waiting to see what he does in his second year. Alonzo like, Tunsil played in a new position last year. I think he is a smart guy and will perform better at wlb this year. I hope they don't put him back in the middle.

Date: May 11, 2018 04:01AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> NFL offenses have changed slot wr, field
> stretching TEs have replaced the split backfield,
> power I. Classic 4/3 defense is obsolete against
> these formations. I think Burke wants to replace
> the coverage lb w/ a safety. Whey we have stacked
> up on safeties. Smart move but Im still shaky on
> Burke. Waiting to see what he does in his second
> year. Alonzo like, Tunsil played in a new position
> last year. I think he is a smart guy and will
> perform better at wlb this year. I hope they don't
> put him back in the middle.

I saw nothing from Burke last year that gives me any confidence that he's an innovative coordinator. Regarding Fitzpatrick covering tight ends, my thought is that he's a bit on the smallish side at 6 1" covering 6' 5 and 6' 6" tight ends. That's what I liked about Edmunds. He was just about as fast as Fitzpatrick and has the size to match up with any tight end in the league. I've never liked Alonso. He's small, can't cover worth a damn, and consistently takes bad angles on tackles. No where near worth what they're paying him.

Date: May 11, 2018 09:52AM

I need some clarity too. There is a lot of obscurity on here. LOL.

CAN I SEE SOMETHING PLEASE.

Date: May 13, 2018 05:13AM

hahahah i dont think there is so much obscurity Sam as there is stupidity. The unwillingness to change, is what continually hurts our phins every year. The front office sucks, the coach is too egotistical to admit he doesnt know what he is doing. You have to be able to coach the players to there ability, not have them doing things and positions that they cannot do. Philbin did the same thing and well thats all i gotta say.

Date: May 13, 2018 05:40AM

Gase had 1 season with Tannehill and it was looking pretty incredible until the injury.

Tannehill wanted to play so bad he let it affect his judgement and he didn't get the surgery he needed. Gase grabbed what he could and tried to salvage the season. Only true losers will keep harping on a really bad hand dealt.

Move on.None of that was controllable. To say that Gase could have done anything to avoid what was really just a bad break........is just all of you butthurt becuase you didn't get a feel good draft moment fix.

Take any rookie QB in that draft , none of them makes us a better team. But those tightends do. That RB does. Those defensive freaks do.

Move on.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 13, 2018 08:43AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Gase had 1 season with Tannehill and it was
> looking pretty incredible until the injury.
>
> Tannehill wanted to play so bad he let it affect
> his judgement and he didn't get the surgery he
> needed. Gase grabbed what he could and tried to
> salvage the season. Only true losers will keep
> harping on a really bad hand dealt.
>
> Move on.None of that was controllable. To say that
> Gase could have done anything to avoid what was
> really just a bad break........is just all of you
> butthurt becuase you didn't get a feel good draft
> moment fix.
>
> Take any rookie QB in that draft , none of them
> makes us a better team. But those tightends do.
> That RB does. Those defensive freaks do.
>
> Move on.

With Tannehill back, and the draft picks you like, we're a better team? Then the record should be better than 6-10. If it isn't, then I have to conclude there is a flaw in your analysis. Look I like Gesicki. Fitzpatrick looks like a potential star. Neither pick makes up for the losses of Suh and Landry. Who replaces Suh's run stopping? Please don't say Phillips or Godchaux because we both know that's not happening. McMillan might help but he ain't replacing the impact of Suh. You can say our defense stunk last year with Suh but that doesn't mean that it can't get a lot worse. It could get very ugly fast.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: May 13, 2018 12:33PM

"Who replaces Suh's run stopping?"

Suh? What run stopping is that? he was NEVER a run stopper- his job was apparently to clog the middle and occupy two blockers, which he mostly did. What run stopping we got was from William Hayes, before he got hurt. He's been re-signed for this year, so if he can stay healthy, he's a damn good run stopper.

"Please don't say Phillips or Godchaux because we both know that's not happening."

No, we don't. Neither of us.

"McMillan might help but he ain't replacing the impact of Suh."

And, how do you expect that to happen? These two men don't even play the same position. Their job requirements are totally different.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2018 12:35PM by dolphan4545.

Date: May 13, 2018 12:55PM

I dont really give a complete or partial rats ass who is our freaking qb. It simply doesnt matter. My point about gase is if he is such a great ass coach, why the hell did we have pouncy last year? why is a wr playing qb? why is our LT not at guard where he belongs. Why did he let that asshole back on the team when he went awall? why is he letting tanny tell him what to do. I coach baseball and i had our best player and I mean above all others incredibly show up late the last 3 games of the season, I benched his ass the following week for every playoff game. sometimes u have to make the choice for these pro players and quit letting the bitches do what they want. Period dont give a damn what position, your the coach you make the team not them. I hope tanny does well, I hope the backups do well, I hope MIkah does well, i simply wouldnt have drafted another safety when we go 20 mil tied up on our other 2. trade one for a LB or a starting DL or Ol and quit trying to patch a gigantic wound with a kids bandaid. thats all I am saying, and only my opinion but this team goes thru the same shit for the last 20 yrs. Gesecki solid , the kicker solid ballage solid the rest eh throw against the wall and see who sticks.

Date: May 13, 2018 01:21PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> "Who replaces Suh's run stopping?"
>
> Suh? What run stopping is that? he was NEVER a run
> stopper- his job was apparently to clog the middle
> and occupy two blockers, which he mostly did. What
> run stopping we got was from William Hayes, before
> he got hurt. He's been re-signed for this year, so
> if he can stay healthy, he's a damn good run
> stopper.
>
> "Please don't say Phillips or Godchaux because we
> both know that's not happening."
>
> No, we don't. Neither of us.
>
> "McMillan might help but he ain't replacing the
> impact of Suh."
>
> And, how do you expect that to happen? These two
> men don't even play the same position. Their job
> requirements are totally different.

The criticism of Suh is really kind of funny. The guy was routinely double and triple teamed and he still graded out as one of the top DTs in the league. The DTs that played next to him had the benefit of not being double and triple teamed and were still mediocre. This coming season, the fans that bitched about Suh are going to learn first hand how valuable a player he was when he's not around and you have to rely on a lazy unmotivated loser like Jordan Phillips. As far as McMillan, I know that he doesn't play defensive tackle but he's supposed to be a run stopping linebacker. My point is that Miami better hope that he is and a lot more because whether you want to believe it or not, Suh was the best run defender this team had, played almost every snap on defense last year, and the geniuses in charge of this team did nothing to replace him on the line.

And yeah, I do know that Phillips and Godchaux aren't good enough to carry Suh's jock. You know why? Because I watched and rewatched every game last year. I'll give Godchaux some credit because as a fifth rounder, he is what he is. Jordan Phillips as a second round pick should be playing at a much higher level and quite frankly hasn't even come close to living up to his draft status. He's lazy, unmotivated, and clearly doesn't give a sh** about putting in the maximum amount of effort. That's why his draft stock dropped and he hasn't changed one iota in the pros. But don't worry, you'll see that quite clearly this coming season when he won't have Suh next to him taking all of the opposing offenses attention and offensive lineman will be able to put in more than a token effort against him.

Date: May 13, 2018 01:30PM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
> I dont really give a complete or partial rats ass
> who is our freaking qb. It simply doesnt matter.
> My point about gase is if he is such a great ass
> coach, why the hell did we have pouncy last year?
> why is a wr playing qb? why is our LT not at guard
> where he belongs. Why did he let that asshole back
> on the team when he went awall? why is he letting
> tanny tell him what to do. I coach baseball and i
> had our best player and I mean above all others
> incredibly show up late the last 3 games of the
> season, I benched his ass the following week for
> every playoff game. sometimes u have to make the
> choice for these pro players and quit letting the
> bitches do what they want. Period dont give a damn
> what position, your the coach you make the team
> not them. I hope tanny does well, I hope the
> backups do well, I hope MIkah does well, i simply
> wouldnt have drafted another safety when we go 20
> mil tied up on our other 2. trade one for a LB or
> a starting DL or Ol and quit trying to patch a
> gigantic wound with a kids bandaid. thats all I am
> saying, and only my opinion but this team goes
> thru the same shit for the last 20 yrs. Gesecki
> solid , the kicker solid ballage solid the rest eh
> throw against the wall and see who sticks.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying and I'd add, why in hell did they extend Alonso and Branch when we had some good players who were approaching free agency. 20 million tied up in Alonso and Branch could have kept Landry in Miami. This team needs a complete reset and I mean complete. If Ross could pull his head out of his ass long enough to look at how dysfunctional this team is, he'd hire a smart young GM and let him build him a team from the ground up instead of trying to do patchwork on a team that hasn't been relevant for decades. Adam Peters with the 49ers come to mind. He ought to fire Tannenbaum and Grier, hire someone like Peters and let him decide Gase's fate.

Date: May 13, 2018 02:18PM

Yes, it seemed like Suh was out there by himself.

If we just had one more defensive lineman to crash through while they were occupied trying to keep Suh out of their backfield.......

Date: May 13, 2018 04:24PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Yes, it seemed like Suh was out there by himself.
>
> If we just had one more defensive lineman to crash
> through while they were occupied trying to keep
> Suh out of their backfield.......

Playing next to Aaron Donald is going to be the best thing to ever happen to Suh and Donald is going to love having Suh next to him. Those two will be unstoppable.

Date: May 13, 2018 05:38PM

Great but even having someone at the other tackle crashing in would make them unable to concentrate on Suh. Not saying he should have been picked in the first round before a QB though.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: May 13, 2018 07:55PM

"whether you want to believe it or not, Suh was the best run defender this team had"

I don't believe it because it is absolutely untrue. He clogged the middle and occupied two blockers most plays, which should have enabled others to make the tackles. That was his job. I agree that too many times, it didn't happen. But, Suh certainly wasn't in position to do it.

"yeah, I do know that Phillips and Godchaux aren't good enough to carry Suh's jock"

Again, no, you don't. Phillips hasn't been motivated up 'till now, I agree, but he has shown that he does have talent, and Godchaux and Vincent Taylor were rookies. You intimated that they won't be able to do the job. There is no way you could know that yet.

Rick

Date: May 14, 2018 02:27AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> "whether you want to believe it or not, Suh was
> the best run defender this team had"
>
> I don't believe it because it is absolutely
> untrue. He clogged the middle and occupied two
> blockers most plays, which should have enabled
> others to make the tackles. That was his job. I
> agree that too many times, it didn't happen. But,
> Suh certainly wasn't in position to do it.
>
> "yeah, I do know that Phillips and Godchaux aren't
> good enough to carry Suh's jock"
>
> Again, no, you don't. Phillips hasn't been
> motivated up 'till now, I agree, but he has shown
> that he does have talent, and Godchaux and Vincent
> Taylor were rookies. You intimated that they won't
> be able to do the job. There is no way you could
> know that yet.

We shall see. If they get the job done, I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong but I'm not wrong. Phillips has had more than enough time to show what he is as a player. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. As for Godchaux and Taylor, they played exactly like what you'd expect from 5th and 6th rounders--nothing special. Can they improve? I hope so. Gase had better hope so because he, Tannenbaum, and Grier are going to look like fools if opposing RBs are routinely ripping big runs against this defense.

Date: May 14, 2018 05:44AM

Date: May 14, 2018 07:55AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gase had 1 season with Tannehill and it was
> > looking pretty incredible until the injury.
> >
> > Tannehill wanted to play so bad he let it
> affect
> > his judgement and he didn't get the surgery he
> > needed. Gase grabbed what he could and tried to
> > salvage the season. Only true losers will keep
> > harping on a really bad hand dealt.
> >
> > Move on.None of that was controllable. To say
> that
> > Gase could have done anything to avoid what was
> > really just a bad break........is just all of
> you
> > butthurt becuase you didn't get a feel good
> draft
> > moment fix.
> >
> > Take any rookie QB in that draft , none of them
> > makes us a better team. But those tightends do.
> > That RB does. Those defensive freaks do.
> >
> > Move on.
>
> With Tannehill back, and the draft picks you like,
> we're a better team? Then the record should be
> better than 6-10. If it isn't, then I have to
> conclude there is a flaw in your analysis. Look I
> like Gesicki. Fitzpatrick looks like a potential
> star. Neither pick makes up for the losses of Suh
> and Landry. Who replaces Suh's run stopping?
> Please don't say Phillips or Godchaux because we
> both know that's not happening. McMillan might
> help but he ain't replacing the impact of Suh. You
> can say our defense stunk last year with Suh but
> that doesn't mean that it can't get a lot worse.
> It could get very ugly fast.

Landry is going to bite us in the ass. I've said that from the second it happened. Guy was a playmaker.......AND they made it harder on Tannehill for him to succeed.

SUH is a different story. Besides his Cap Cost...yes he pulled double teams every play but we didnt have the defense to capitalize on it. It wasnt working. We ranked at the bottom of the NFL despite being the most expensive defense in the league.

Getting stronger and faster in the back field is obviously their plan. SUH was just net a factor in our defense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 14, 2018 08:45AM

>
> Getting stronger and faster in the back field is
> obviously their plan. SUH was just net a factor in
> our defense.

And how did we get stronger and faster in the backfield. I'll grant you that Baker is fast, but stronger? Not from I've read about him.

Looking at whatever video I could find of him, I'd agree with the following assessment that appeared on NFL.com.

"He's fast and athletic and all that, but he just doesn't have much grit to his game. He's just not tough. No dog. I like them to be fast but I will take tough over fast any day." -- AFC defensive coach

So yeah, he's fast but I think he'll be a liability against the run. I doubt he starts because of it. Right now, sadly, I'd have to say your three starters are McMillan, Alonso (yuck), and Chase Allen. Baker will likely come in on obvious passing downs. Right now, the only improvement that I see is POSSIBLY McMillan. I say possibly because he hasn't played one down yet. We definitely didn't get faster and stronger at defensive tackle. McMillan and whatever linebackers play need someone to replicate what Suh did. I see no one on the roster that can do that. Zach Thomas used to heap all the praise on Bowens and Gardener when he was having his pro bowl seasons. I think he was being a bit too modest but at the same time he wasn't wrong. Hey I hope I'm way off on this and Phillips finally finds his scrotum and begins to play like a man but I haven't seen it yet. I just don't see Godchaux or Taylor as the alpha players that Gase claims he wants. Sorry, I ain't buying it. Like I said, if I'm wrong, I'll be happy and I'll admit it. I just don't think I'm wrong. I think that stopping the run will be a season long problem and a big reason why the win total won't exceed last year's. If they can't stop the run, it will be a long and ugly season. Being unable to stop the run is demoralizing and will also affect the offense who won't get on the field enough to have ample scoring opportunities. Gase and company have written themselves a big old check with the changes they've made. Their asses better be able to cash it or they're going to be excoriated by fans and the media.

Date: May 14, 2018 04:02PM

I hear you 100%. But we sucked against the run as well with SUH. It just wasn't working. So even if they get it wrong again , I'll just be glad they didn't continue slamming a square plug into a round hole.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 14, 2018 06:39PM

eunuchs have bigger pegs than this team. Already all i hear is what a major addition fitz will be how ecstatic burke is to have all these weapons how this team with be a defensive force to reckon with. Are they seriously pissing in my face and trying to tell me its raining outside?? every year its the same bullcrap sucking up about how wonderful our draft is and every year they suck more and more. last year harris so powerful fast and dynamic a game changer?? what on video games? sucks.... the year before i believe it was smokestack who by the divine grace of god fell to us and what a steal, cant block for shit and leads the team in penalties, then parker oh my god the nex randy moss the complete and total second coming of lynn swann. cant carry his jock without hurting himself. talk about smoke being blown up your ass....

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.