HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ross Wanted to Trade Down?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ross Wanted to Trade Down?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 07, 2018 04:08AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ross Wanted to Trade Down?
Date: May 07, 2018 05:46AM

The fact that he wanted to trade down tells me we did the right thing. Those two are AN assholes asshole.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 07, 2018 07:52AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fact that he wanted to trade down tells me we
> did the right thing. Those two are AN assholes
> asshole.

Actually, Ross was the one that wanted to trade down. The two assholes wanted to draft Fitzpatrick. Actually, Ross is an asshole too. Gase as well.

Date: May 07, 2018 09:08AM

Can't really argue with alot of that.....but im withholding any judgement on GASE. He came in, and Tannehill was kicking ass. The injury wasn't his fault. Last year was rough but he did the best he could with what he had.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 07, 2018 10:17AM

> Can't really argue with alot of that.....but im
> withholding any judgement on GASE. He came in, and
> Tannehill was kicking ass. The injury wasn't his
> fault. Last year was rough but he did the best he
> could with what he had.

Hope you're right about Gase, but this year we need to see some real progress. Gase wanted Ajayi gone. He's gone. He wanted Landry gone. Gone. He wanted to "change the culture" by replacing players that were arguably our best players. He got his way. Now, it's time to see whether there's any method to his madness. Amendola and Wilson need to adequately replace Landry's production. There needs to be a plan in place to stop the run in light of Suh no longer being here. If this team regresses after the questionable moves made this offseason, no one's job should be safe. At least that would be the case if I was the owner.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 07, 2018 11:15AM

Regrettably Fins 72, you are NOT the owner and the real owner is only interested in sitting in the skybox and rubbing elbows with celebrities.

Date: May 07, 2018 12:25PM

I agree filling Landrys shoes won't be easy. But as much as I respect SUH ....we hardly stopped anything. We were rated # 31 in over all defense despite being one of the mist expensive. Not laying any of that on SUH. He stayed healthy and did his job but the dolphins had the worst tackling linebackers, and the corners couldnt stop a bag of peanuts being tossed by a vendor. I think we all agree the status quo wasn't working. Something had to change , and change it did .lets not complain .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 07, 2018 12:46PM

errrrr...what about the other D linemen? NOT saying that we should have drafted one at eleven, though.

Date: May 07, 2018 10:44PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> errrrr...what about the other D linemen? NOT
> saying that we should have drafted one at eleven,
> though.

errrrrrrr THATS EXACTLY WHY I WANTED MORE PICKS. We have a tone of holes and depth concerns . We couldn't address them all and I think they picked the best players available in many spots and seemed to have a strategy and a list or priorities. Obviously Tight end was one.......I didn't see that coming. But I like it now thats its done.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 08, 2018 04:17AM

Date: May 08, 2018 04:34AM

Date: May 08, 2018 07:05AM

All good points above 72'. I think Teams just learned how to handle SUH. When he got double and tripled it wasn't 2-3 assignments taken away completely on SUH. He would get chipped and the tackle would on as another chipped and then another. Sometimes two would give a really big push and then split off. It varied but it enabled them to stop him and then move on the block for runners who ran opposite of him. Once they passed him our linebackers couldn't tackle for shit. Really....be have the #3 alltime tackler in NFL history in Zach Thomas.....why isn't he brought in to help consult and coach these guys? Not a big guy he clearly knows a thing or two about leverage.

Your right change doesn't always = progress. But I know doing nothing certainly doesn't. As a fan I was never more disturbed and frustrated during the Saprano/Henne days. It was the same thing over and over for 5 yrs. I thought I was stuck in the movie groundhog day. Field goals were the goal.

I welcome change because clearly what we had wasn't working on defense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 08, 2018 07:31AM

> All good points above 72'. I think Teams just
> learned how to handle SUH. When he got double and
> tripled it wasn't 2-3 assignments taken away
> completely on SUH. He would get chipped and the
> tackle would on as another chipped and then
> another. Sometimes two would give a really big
> push and then split off. It varied but it enabled
> them to stop him and then move on the block for
> runners who ran opposite of him. Once they passed
> him our linebackers couldn't tackle for shit.
> Really....be have the #3 alltime tackler in NFL
> history in Zach Thomas.....why isn't he brought in
> to help consult and coach these guys? Not a big
> guy he clearly knows a thing or two about
> leverage.
>
> Your right change doesn't always = progress. But I
> know doing nothing certainly doesn't. As a fan I
> was never more disturbed and frustrated during the
> Saprano/Henne days. It was the same thing over and
> over for 5 yrs. I thought I was stuck in the movie
> groundhog day. Field goals were the goal.
>
> I welcome change because clearly what we had
> wasn't working on defense.

I absolutely agree that change was necessary. What I'd like to have seen is Alonso and Branch not get extensions that count for 20 million in cap money this year. Ditto with MacDonald. Would that have enabled us to keep Suh? Maybe. Maybe not. It would have sure helped sign Landry. In my opinion the change we needed was replacing Alonso. He can't tackle and he can't cover anyone. Seriously, regardless of the fact that we can't cut him, I'd love to see his ass benched anyway. Put him on special teams. He's a complete liability as a starting LB. Branch as well. Bench his ass too. We can replace his 4 sacks a year easily. Jordan Phillips is another change that should've been made. He's lazy and disappears for long stretches only to emerge with an occasional good play. I'd rather play Taylor and Godchaux and let Phillips sit. Seeing him lumbering away from the play constantly is ridiculous. Unfortunately, the bottom line is that I think the changes that were made were the wrong ones and will make this team even worse. Judging from Ross' recent comments, if I'm right we might be seeing a lot of changes next year starting with the front office people. That's the kind of change I will be able to get firmly behind.

Date: May 08, 2018 08:54AM

If it goes down that way changes upstairs might very well occur. INCLUDING Tannehill if he's not up to parr.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 08, 2018 10:07AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.