Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 2018
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 02, 2018 06:15PM

Treasure, no one is wishing you bad fortune. In fact, it is the exact opposite. I'm trying to keep you safe by telling you to NOT to make assumptions that will either have you ignore a danger because the guy you stop is of one appearance or have you in trouble because you think a different guy you stop presented a danger when he didn't. Both concerns are for your well being.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: May 02, 2018 07:07PM

Yeah i will give ajayi credit for running hard, but not very far lol. How many bombs did we throw really before he left? or should i say that were even close to being completed. I think the landry trade was stupid for what we got when we could have used it to move up in the draft or gotten a better deal, but i really dont think he will be anywhere near what he was with us. He was a safety valve on a dink and dunk team and I have to say the browns got a whole lot more offense and defense than we have. I just think personally that we should have gotten a LB instead of converting one and drafting that position and I really wish we would have taken that guy griffith?? not sure of his name but the lb missing his hand. Talk about a straight up baller with a point to prove, could have used his balls in this sissy locker room we have, just saying.

Date: May 02, 2018 09:20PM

Well, when Ajayi was here we had Tanny and at least a grade B running game. Tanny then had a B Minus passing year. I'm afraid that we now have a C Minus running and passing game.

And that is why I wanted to draft one of the top 5 QBs.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: May 02, 2018 10:08PM

"DLine -Hoping Quinn pays off and Godchaux , Phillip's, Harris, Branch can stop the run"

What about William Hayes? he was our best run-stopper last year when healthy, and we did re-sign him.

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 10:28PM

"I hate this but i think with good blocking brady can play at least 4 more years at a high level. Maybe more. - Too bad we cannot come up with a plan like the pats.... "

Surely you're not serious!?! You think its a good plan to go into a season with a brittle 41-year-old starter who can't get out of his own way, no backup and a depleted o-line? Brady was never very nimble, and he's been lucky up 'til now, but one good shot on him could very well end his season and maybe more. Doesn't sound like a very smart 'plan' to me.

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 10:33PM

"extra draft picks build dynasties......its how Jimmy Johnson built the 90s Cowboys as well."

No, its not. He got lucky on ONE trade, then drafted defense, which he was good at. Good thing he didn't need to draft offense, which he was always TERRIBLE at.

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 10:38PM

I just don't get why everyone wanted us to draft a sub-standard QB. Not one of these QB's was better than a "B" talent, and most were worse. Every single one had serious warts.

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 10:43PM

"Thing that made me angry was that for the first time in a long time we had a running game so it didn't matter so much that we DIDN'T have a GREAT QB"

We most certainly DID NOT have a running game last year while Ajayi was here. You're right, we didn't have a great QB. Not even an adequate one.

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 10:50PM

"would have liked us to have grabbed Rudolph in the 3rd will come back to haunt us"

I doubt it. Kid has great size, but poor decision making and is inaccurate. Much worse than a "B" talent.

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 10:55PM

"they took the opportunity to upgrade the value of the position.
Rudolph would have added endeniable value to our qb spot."

None of them upgraded anything, not even Baltimore. As for Rudolph, he definitely is deniable as an upgrade or value.

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 11:01PM

Wow! Talk about stereotyping!

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 11:11PM

"The thing that I liked about Ajayi though was that when he ran, he ran with that old time Dolphin spirit of the 70s. That ole, "you'll have to kill me to stop me" attitude of the 70s Dolphins. I just don't see that that much anymore."

You didn't see it much from Ajayi, either.

Rick

Date: May 02, 2018 11:17PM

ChyrenB, did you even watch the last half of the season? From the curious point of view of your comments, I don't think so.

Rick

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: May 03, 2018 02:18AM

Thought this post would get closed as well but thanks for bringing it back Rick.

Ajayi either showed up and ran for over a hundred or just forgot how to run. It is was more of the latter. Never could rely on him for much honestly.

I have already stated that we had more needs in the other positions and glad we did not reach for any of these QB's like some other teams did. We filled holes that have not been filled in many years. Draft wise. I believe they got some good talent out of the first 5 picks.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 03, 2018 04:20AM

LOL.

Come on lets all get along..

I like you two ....No need to be mad at each other....

SAMsmileys with beerchrensmileys with beerTCPF

Date: May 03, 2018 04:23AM

BTW...As far as the topic at hand...going on...

I thought JJ got lucky too with the draft picks in dallas..

But then JT and zach surtain madison came along in miami and i relized JJ was a genious drafting defensive players....Not so much offensive players...

Remember avery instead of moss?....YUK.

Date: May 03, 2018 08:23PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL.
>
> Come on lets all get along..
>
> I like you two ....No need to be mad at each
> other....
>
> SAMsmileys with beerchrensmileys with beerTCPF

Like I said Sam, I'm trying to keep Treasure both a) safe and b) out of the news. The best way to do that is to not make assumptions about people. Don't be too relaxed and don't be too suspicious.

Date: May 04, 2018 10:54AM

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: May 04, 2018 11:42AM

Sam, Treasure said he was a teenager in the late 70's. Well, in that time, I was 30 and had transferred to appellate prosecution and there was a TV program aired called "Scared Straight."

A bunch of teenagers were taken to Rahway State Prison in New Jersey to be lectured, not by officers, but by inmates. As one inmate put it, "You're here because as near as they can figure out, if someone doesn't change you around, you're gonna be coming here anyway."

But more than remembering that line, I remember one inmate saying to the kids, "Do you wake up each morning thinking 'Maybe this day somebody's gonna kill me?' or thinking 'Maybe this is the day I'm gonna kill somebody?' No, to you that sounds like paranoia but to me, it's reality. I live it every day. This is Prison!"

At the time, I said that that not only applies to prisoners, it applies to police officers. They have to wake up every morning fearing that this is the day they may have to kill somebody or that this may be the day that they might get killed.

I have much respect for the occupation and as I said before, I'm just trying to keep Treasure from being in either situation.

And, as always, my glass to him smileys with beer

Date: May 05, 2018 04:20AM

smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Date: May 05, 2018 12:05PM

He's not doing any glass bumping back Sam. He's still hurt.

Date: May 06, 2018 09:48AM

smileys with beer cheers to all 3 of you. what do either of you guys think of the draft?? i liked the gisecki pick and the ballage?? i think his name is. rest pretty much worthless to me.

Date: May 06, 2018 11:39AM

Given the St. Louis swoop, we did what was left us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 02:39PM by ChyrenB.

Date: May 06, 2018 06:42PM

so primarily worthless lmao. cant figure this crap hole out at all.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 06, 2018 09:54PM

Date: May 07, 2018 12:32PM

JJ found us 2 HOFers in Zack and JT. The last this team has seen that's for sure. He would have made us very competitive had he not had real life issues. I don't blame him 1 bit and consider him one of the best.He never coached again so im fine with his decision. Wannestadt? No comment. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.