HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2018 QB Draft Class - Ranked.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2018 QB Draft Class - Ranked.
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 19, 2018 09:05PM

Ranked by Toko* Scouting Agency.

1. Josh Rosen - top notch IQ. beautiful delivery and throwing technique- the only thing that is a possible questionable mark is motivation - This guy was bred to be a QB and is Top of the class Mentally IMHO. Concerns are prior injuries though, he might need to bulk up.

2. Sam Darnold - Great pass release time, accurate arm, good decisions- Slow footed but agile (looks great-top half echelon QB on paper)

3. Josh Allen - good instincts, powerful Arm but kind of inaccurate, ok decisions(A gamble... Could be anywhere from Favre II to bottom tier NFL starter)

4. Baker Mayfield- Great Touch pass, nice Play action, Powerful arm...decision making questionable, relies on legs too much but he's not that fast which wont work too well in the NFL. Needs a lot of coaching up. (at best Might be equivalent to Andrew Luck in a season or two, but more likely like an Alex Smith- ball manager.)

5. Mason Rudolph- seems to throw off back foot a lot, good pocket awareness, throws well on the run, decision making is questionable.
accuracy not great (could be a middle-tier starter but more likely a career back up)

6. Lamar Jackson- low muscle reminds me a bit of Pat White or RGIII- weird hitch in throw that slows his delivery - fantastic speed - poor decisions. Doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer (Could be similar to Donovan McNabb but more likely will be NFL back up at best)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2018 QB Draft Class - Ranked.
Date: April 20, 2018 03:00AM

The one the Jets pick will blow worse then Stormy Daniels in a hurricane

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 20, 2018 08:58AM

Lets see what the GIANTS decide- they need a qb but the temptation and fan pressure to grab Saquon is immense.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: April 20, 2018 09:22AM

1. Mason Rudolph (#1 overall)
2. Riley Ferguson (1st rd)
3. Kyle Lauletta (1st rd)

4. Logan Woodside (2-3 round)
5. Nick Stevens (2-3 round)
6. JT Barrett (2-3 round, worthy of first but too many simple throws)
7. Chris Streveler (2-3 round)

8. Nick Shimonek (7th rd, too old)
9. Jeremiah Briscoe (7th rd, too old)
10. Danny Etling (7th rd)

Rest: UDFA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2018 09:25AM by thegreathoo.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 12:40PM

1 Darnold - Arm, presence, knows where he is on the field and waits for his receivers to break open and he gets the ball there. I like the way he stays behind the line of scrimmage and waits for his receivers to get open. Old school guy who is gonna beat you with his arm.

2. Rosen - Ran some plays from under center, I like that. Good arm, close second to Darnold. Should call him 1A.

3. Mayfield - my favorite. Moxie aplenty, Im gonna beat you attitude. 4 years of film out there so you see what he's got. Gun slinger not a game manager.

4. Rudolph – moved him ahead of Jackson after seeing more highlights. Saw more intermediate and passes to the flat. Strong arm that gets the ball to the spot quickly. 3 years, +60% accuracy, +20 tds, -10 ints. Good numbers regardless of offense.

5. Jackson – Gets ball out quickly often after making first read. Leads to my problem w/ him in the nfl. Will he learn patience and make all of his reads or bolt. I want a qb that beats you w/ his arm. Other issue is LOU pass game usually went from east to west w/ long passes. Would like to have seen him under center more. Have no problem w/ his decision making. 10 or less ints in 3 years and he threw just as many passes as the rest. Showed courage and leadership last year after his O lost key players.

6. Allan – is dropping on my list. Did like him but he really did not dominate in a weak conference. Never did have that break out game. Even in 2016 when WY had the best team around him he had a no TD game against NM.

I really think the first 4 guys will be starters in the nfl. Jackson in the right spot and w/ 1-2 years of development I think he starts. Up to him if he wants a long career. Allan will be a boom or a bust. Then you have guys like White and Falk.

Date: April 21, 2018 02:29PM

Pssssssssssst..........Ryan Tannehill IS A starter in the NFL.even has a few NFL and rookie records.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 02:38PM

Rudolph or Lauletta

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 03:41PM

Not sure about Lauletta. I think Belichick planted some fool's gold there. No one showed this kid any interest until Belichick mentioned him. He did not dominate in the Colonial and not sure he can elevate his game from the CAA to the NFL.

Maybe 6 or 7th round.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 21, 2018 04:16PM

Just continue to ignore Treasure.

Date: April 27, 2019 05:51PM

Revive!

This thread is from LAST YEAR'S DRAFT. Talks about Rosen, etc.

Also includes a post by Treasure hating on us picking a QB then. I went there hoping to show proof that Arizona snatched Rosen from us by trading up to 10 when we were at 11.

According to the nowadays scoop, Arizona does not like Rosen's attitude. But was it because Rosen wanted to come to Miami as well as everyone thinking he would go to Miami?

Date: April 28, 2019 05:32AM

So is this about the Dolphins being better.........Or as Usual about YOU?

Lets see. You said Tyree Jackson was a first ROUND PICK.
He went undrafted.

I said stay away from Lock and guess what he didnt go until the second round(garbage rounds as you put it)

And Josh Rosen who you wanted so badly......had the worst showing of any rookie in that group.

I'm positive that Tannbaum/GASE didnt want Josh Rosen and have shown proof while you still push "But was it because Rosen wanted to come to Miami as well as everyone thinking he would go to Miami?"Arizona didnt just not like his attitude....GASE didnt like it either before the draft.

Completely made up in your mind because YOU CANT HANDLE BEING WRONG.

That said. I"M not YOU or Sammy. I am a Miami Dolphins fan through and through. I'm not going to hate on Josh Rosen every week like you did on Tannehill to be right.

I am now Josh Rosens biggest fan. I'm hoping this admin gives him what Tannehill never had ......an offensive line thats not offensive. And I hope he's pissed and has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove.

I hope hes changed. I know you will NEVER.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 03, 2019 12:13PM

Haha let's see how my reports hold up. Those came from just video footage, so I have no real feel for their personality, leadership or learning abilities. Wonderlic scores might help a bit.

Rosen: 29
Darnold: 28
Allen: 37
Mayfield: 25
Rudolph: 28
Jackson: 13

Date: May 03, 2019 02:25PM

to Treasure: You're lying again. I said that about KYLER MURRAY. I neither said or posted anything like that about TYREE JACKSON, who you are confusing with Kyler Murray.

And BTW Kyler Murray went first overall in the first round. (I had to put 'in the first round' even after first overall because you would comeback, dishonestly, and ask, 'in which round did he go first overall' hoping that the other readers on the board would just read your post and none other.)

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: May 03, 2019 07:25PM

Bonefide, as I recall you said that Tyree Jackson would be taken in the first round and that he would be the first QB taken.

Date: May 03, 2019 10:08PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bonefide, as I recall you said that Tyree Jackson
> would be taken in the first round and that he
> would be the first QB taken.

HERE IS MY ACTUAL POST:

Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: ChyrenB
Date: March 30, 2019 09:07PM

OURLADS has ranked this April's upcoming QB draft class in 13 combine categories. I will not list all but they are like biggest hands, arm, wing span, tallest, heaviest, bench press, fastest 10, 20, 40 yard runs, vertical and high jump, 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill.

Out of 12 categories, Tyree Jackson was best in 6 and tied in one other.

I very much doubt, he will be around for the 4th or 5th rounds where some people think we can wait to get a QB, even with Tannehill gone.

HERE AGAIN IS YOUR POST HOOLIGAN

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bonefide, as I recall you said that Tyree Jackson
> would be taken in the first round and that he
> would be the first QB taken.

TODAY'S RESPONSE TO HOOLIGAN:

Hooligan, I don't think saying that Jackson won't be around for the 4th or 5th round (WHERE TREASURE SUGGESTED WE WAIT TO DRAFT A Q.B,)
can even be remotely compared with your memory THAT I SAID HE WOULD BE TAKEN IN THE FIRST ROUND, LET ALONE BE THE FIRST QB TAKEN.

I'm not trying to make an enemy of you Hooligan but to you and as an attention to other posters on the board, Treasure represents as fact anything that he thinks supports his position. He has no allegiance to facts or the truth. Please don't make Hooligan's mistake and just jump off what he says.

Go back for yourself and review the past postings.

Date: May 04, 2019 04:23AM

Go back to the Tyree thread and count down three comments past the one that you copied and pasted and you will see the following;

" Last point first. Betcha Tyree is the first QN drafted and it will be in the first round."

You couldn't even spell QB correctly.

And as far as making me an enemy, I don't give a rat's ass. I'm done with this forum. What used to be a great Miami Dolphins discussion forum has degenerated into the three Stooges Comedy circle jerk. Over the years one by one some really good posters have left never to return because they would not bow to your superior football intellect.
Why JC didn't ban you years ago I have no idea. You would not last 15 minutes on a real board.

Date: May 04, 2019 04:32AM

Your memory is failing you counsellor, You might want to consider having your medications adjusted.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 04, 2019 08:07AM

So long hooligan.dont let the door hit your butt on the way out.

Date: May 04, 2019 11:26AM

First, Hooligan. I argued with you. I did not insult you as you have done me.

Yes, when reviewing the prior threads I came upon that post first and it accorded with my belief as to what I had said about Tyree Jackson.

Had I read down further I would have come upon that second post but since I didn't, I merely stated that I was right and you were wrong.

But had I been right I would not have accused you of ruining the whole board for other people. And, in fact, my post was quite respectful.

I don't know why you got so angered by what must have only been me challenging your assertion.

Date: May 04, 2019 11:47AM

And QN instead of QB was a typo obviously, not a misspelling. B and N are next to each other on the keyboard. But of course you were just looking for another way to insult. And you talk about someone ruining the board with personalities. At least Treasure, Sam and I insult each other over players and not pettiness.

Date: May 04, 2019 02:20PM

Sam, we used to say, "Let the doorknob hit you where the good Lord split you."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.