HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2018 Schedule is out!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2018 Schedule is out!
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 19, 2018 05:22PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2018 Schedule is out!
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 02:26AM

Just glad we play at NE early this year. A late bye too. Still a pretty tough schedule.

Date: April 20, 2018 02:40AM

We got screwed out of a Bye last year....Vikings late will be tough.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 20, 2018 02:49AM

Vikings late in December will be tough.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2018 03:00AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 04:40AM

We be out of the playoffs with a hobbled QB by the bye week.

Date: April 21, 2018 02:52AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We be out of the playoffs with a hobbled QB by the
> bye week.

That your prediction or wish?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 21, 2018 05:21AM

Every game but one is at 1pm. They are an East Coast team but isn't that kind of odd?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 06:21AM

Schedule's not that tough. 3 tough away games, NE, MN & HOU. Pack was 9-7. OAK, TN, and JAX come to MIA. OAK has to travel east cool. Almost a perfect schedule to test Gase's coaching skills and if Tanne is our long term answer. This an 8-8 - 10-6 schedule.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 21, 2018 07:06AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We be out of the playoffs with a hobbled QB by
> the
> > bye week.
>
>
> That your prediction or wish?

OHHH Stop it TCPF....Stop putting words in peoples mouths.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 21, 2018 09:04AM

The way we played last season and taking in to account our player losses...with this schedule we are between 4 and 6 wins. Dosent matter who our QB is.

I'm saying this also, my hope, against hope, is that everything comes together and we go undefeated again.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 21, 2018 12:37PM

I'm not rooting for him to be our quarterback because I don't think he is effective unless he's in a run and gun offense and given his injuries, he might not even be able to do that.

But, if despite my thoughts, he is, then I'm certainly going to root for him to succeed because if he doesn't it would mean that the team would be more likely to fail.

Date: April 21, 2018 02:31PM

10-4. Then hope this admin picks him some fresh studs in the upcoming draft.smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 21, 2018 02:47PM

It's too early to tell whether the scheduled game opponents will be anything but so-so. It seems that the ability for most teams to improve over the prior season is fast becoming a lost art. Once we can see the final Dolphins roster and start comparing it to upcoming opponent's rosters we'll have a better outlook on what is in store for the Dolphins. Tannehill, of course, is the truly unknown factor and his health will have a lot to do with team play.

Personally, I believe, RT has already seen his best years.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 22, 2018 03:49AM

Well since most of the teams we will face were playoff teams...4-6 wins.

Date: April 22, 2018 05:05AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 22, 2018 06:41AM

TC--my opinion isn't carved in stone. It's all the variables, all the unknowns that effect success. Look at Tiger Woods for instance. Aside from aging, he's faced mental stress after mental stress plus physical problems that have changed two things, his physical state and his mental confidence. He too has seen his best years, IMO. Can he compete? Sure, but not nearly at his previous level of play which was A++. Would I like to see him win another major title--sure, but I believe it's unlikely.

RT was a work in progress. True to say he never reached a high level of skill with the bozos that coached him. Now the variables are in play because of the injury and the fact that he's still playing with the Dolphins and their constant level of team and admin mediocrity.

By the end of this upcoming season we will know RT's QB fate.

Date: April 22, 2018 09:58AM

TIGER.....damn shame. I place him in the same category as Mike Tyson.

Mike Tyson was the most feared man in the world and on his way to being the best ever when Cus Dmato his mentor passed away.He lost direction and focus...celebrity took over

Same with Tiger....never the same once his Dad died. Everyone needs a person to help them focus and progress.

Dan Marino had the great one, Don Shula.

Tannehill was drafted with no experience , as raw as you can be and thrown to the wolves.He had nobody professionally.

I really believe his best is in front of him. He was drafted beause of his athleticism . He will be fine physically. I hope GASE can be that mentor. Peyton Manning says so.winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 22, 2018 10:49AM

Let me make it clear. I'm not some cold person who wants a guy cut loose because his best years are behind him.

With Tanny, however,we are not talking about cutting him loose but
drafting his eventual if not immediate replacement and in so doing drafting a TOP...NOT SECONDARY Replacement.

Date: April 22, 2018 02:45PM

I got you Chyrene. Loud and clear.

However Its my position , and that of the head coach of the Miami Dolphins That Tannehill has a long great future in front of him still. Right now we have a pretty valuable almost Top 10 Pick at #11. The TEAM needs more defense now . DT/MLB/CB are all HUGE needs.

Offensively we need linemen /blocking tight end/ back up QB

Why give up all the holes above for one position that we have questions but is covered?

Only way we grab one of these QB's in the 1st round is if it falls to us and Gase is SURE hes a stud. Then one of 2 things happens:

Tanny will be traded if he's all that because he's no back up. And we get additional picks that way next season

OR we wasted a 1st round pick on a back up. BUT you get to be excited on draft day. thumbs upeye rolling smiley

I don't think this team is going to draft up again after Dion Jordon. We need to much to risk so much.

We just are not good enough for ANY one player to change us. LB/Linemen.....you name it.

Best course of action is to trade down Get more picks . Than can change this ball Club.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 22, 2018 04:19PM

Date: April 22, 2018 05:09PM

You know Treasure, you always joke about me being a lawyer.

Hey, that's cool.

But in reality, you're really like a lawyer too.

You defend your client, Ryan Tannehill to the hilt. You are opposed to anything that remotely could even theoretically be against his interests, like drafting a new young QB who it might take even 3 years to replace Tanny. You point to other alternatives like drafting linemen instead thereby making Tanny better.

You minimize his deficiencies and when something negative happens, you look to either explain it, justify it, or lay the blame somewhere else.

LOL. Welcome to the profession! Glad to have you, Bro!

Date: April 22, 2018 06:34PM

Date: April 22, 2018 08:44PM

Date: April 23, 2018 07:49PM

Treasure, Dan Marino's greatest consisted of him having the quickest (and most accurate for the quickness) pass release in history. He had to have eyesight and receivers to match.

Even disregarding the eyesight and receivers, Do I really have to explain to you how that makes any comparison to Tannehill destructive as opposed to supportive of your argument.

Date: April 23, 2018 09:31PM

Dan Marino was great. He had incredible vision of the field and yes the quickest release ever. But that's not what we are discussing. Hardly an off season went by were he didnt get a knee surgery.
PHYSICALLY Ryan is stronger , faster , and relatively young. The timing was bad , he should have had surgery sooner but a knee injury on a QB is not a career ender. Shoulder and throwing arm......then call me.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: April 24, 2018 02:23AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Dan Marino was great. He had incredible vision of
> the field and yes the quickest release ever. But
> that's not what we are discussing. Hardly an off
> season went by were he didnt get a knee surgery.
> PHYSICALLY Ryan is stronger , faster , and
> relatively young. The timing was bad , he should
> have had surgery sooner but a knee injury on a QB
> is not a career ender. Shoulder and throwing
> arm......then call me.

I always thought that if he had the surgery the off season before he would have been back sometime last year and showed he can still play. Plenty of QB's have had knee surgeries and still play at a high level. Very few of those are as athletic as Tanne.

Anyways. I see us at 8-8 by end of the year. I would be ecstatic to get 10...

Date: April 24, 2018 09:20AM

At his best when he started with us after the draft, Tannehill was a deer in the headlights when Philbin was coach. First he was a run and gun QB at A & M. That's the QB that you"re talking about. Like Philbin, you want him to be a traditional QB but he is not good at that. As a traditional QB he is truly a Wet Firecracker. You're crazy if you see him as another Marino ....just without an adequate O line. As long as he is in a traditional pro set, you will only see failure and we will never switch to running the kind of offense that he would succeed in.

Let's just draft his replacement.

Date: April 24, 2018 03:06PM

Never ever said he was another Marino. I bring Marino up because thats all you want. 50 yd bombs. We will never see that again. Deal with it and move on.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 24, 2018 03:28PM

No, not a bombs away guy. Griese was methodical.

Date: April 24, 2018 06:08PM

Griese was 40 years ago. Get over it as well.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.