HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Excellent article on #17
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Excellent article on #17
Date: April 14, 2018 02:43PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Excellent article on #17
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 14, 2018 07:00PM

So you had to make a whole new thread? Sei matto?

Date: April 15, 2018 07:03AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you had to make a whole new thread? Sei matto?

No other useful comments? YES. I figured our QB , the true FUTURE of this franchise deserved a clean new thread. Can you add anything positive? Or are you just selfishly absorbed in the draft hoping for a quick fix which will never come unless we support or QB?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 15, 2018 07:22AM

Unlike what the article says, I'm fairly neutral about Tannehill. After this long in the league, he is what he is. A good QB but likely not a great one. With a very good supporting cast, in my opinion, he can be successful but he's not a QB that can put a team on his back and win games the way Marino was able to for so many years. That's not a knock on him. There are precious few QBs that can do that. Tannehill's biggest problem is Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase. They've decimated the offensive roster, taken away his most reliable target, and have never given him a decent offensive line to play behind. I believe that if he'd been drafted by a team who'd have given him a good to great supporting cast, his career might have taken a markedly different path. My honest opinion is that he's been dealt his worst hand this upcoming season. The offensive line is full of question marks. His receivers are either old or unproven. He currently has no tight end on the roster (a position that can be invaluable to a QB in making plays in the red zone and moving chains). The worst thing that happened to Tannehill's career was being drafted by a team that's had a dysfunctional front office for as long as he's been in the league.

Date: April 15, 2018 06:31PM

I agree with most of that. Good assessment. thumbs up

I also believe Tanny has had an uphill climb since being drafted. Philbin was maybe the worst coach to be drafted under. Gase has stated the Dolphins were his team of choice becuase they already had a great QB in Ryan.Him getting hurt threw a wrench into the works but he was really starting to come on. With s decent Oline the sky's the limit. I do wish we kept Landry though.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2018 09:30AM

Date: April 16, 2018 10:54AM

Course, I'm just a ole country boy from Lawton, Oklahoma but it even occurs to me that this just might.......ain't saying it is but it just might....be the knuckleheads who run our team standing on the corner in the city wearing a long coat, then lifting it to reveal Tannehill and saying "pssst" to passersby "look what I have under my coat."

I hope so and that their real intent is to draft one of the premier draft QBs and then trade Tanny for anything they can get.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 16, 2018 12:22PM

You are mistaken chyren, if we draft a QB, the intent will not be to trade RT. He will be the starter regardless of who we might draft, and he SHOULD be. Any QB we take will hold a clip board for the next two years unless he shows it like gangbusters in camp and in the preseason...very doubtful right away.

Date: April 16, 2018 02:37PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:46PM

I'm not saying we shouldn't take a QB. In fact I want us to take one. I just think a top flight LB at 11 and then taking Falk in the second is a better plan.

Date: April 16, 2018 05:10PM

Not to argue Fall but with our luck, he's will probably be gone too and we will have passed on FIVE FUTURE dominate Q Bs for another Martin or Incognito.

Date: April 16, 2018 05:15PM

Who Chyrene? Which one in the first round is gonna be the next Marino? Give me a name so I can follow thier progress and stick it up your ass for the next 5 yrs... grinning smiley

The next Marino......get out of the past bro.The next Marino won't win us shit. Hell the Real Marino didnt!!!!!!
A competent Oline and Defense will.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 17, 2018 06:27AM

TCPF Will vogue with a cherry on top, if he ever sees tannehill holding a clipboard to another QB.

Date: April 17, 2018 08:16AM

As long as we have s competent Oline and Defense I could give a shit who was Playing QB. I think it's you that are selfishly obsessed with drafting some magical player. Your dreaming if you think one player can change anything.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2018 09:41AM

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the First step. The first step is drafting a new QB, not O line like Treasure wants.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: April 17, 2018 09:44AM

I would prefer a beast LB or TE over either QB or O-line. With the first pick that is.

Date: April 17, 2018 09:47AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> The journey of a thousand miles begins with the
> First step. The first step is drafting a new QB,
> not O line like Treasure wants.

At least I explained why. Your just wanted a quick feel good fix on draft day .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2018 10:37AM

Date: April 17, 2018 11:54AM

Says Who? And as I've pointed out numerous times......the Luck class wasn't that great......unless you count that 3rd rounder Wilsonwinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2018 12:17PM

You DO realize that that draft class includes your man Tannehill, don't you?????

Date: April 17, 2018 01:45PM

Yeah.....and your point?

Mine is that had Luck or RGIII or Tanny went to better teams......like Marino did, things would be alot better for them. Russell went at #75 he has a ring. He goes to us anywhere hes not having a great career.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: April 17, 2018 02:13PM

OMG this debate keeps going and @#$%& going and on and on.
Treasure, wth dont you realize?? If we had a defense, If we had a TE, If we had a OL, If we had lb, If we had a coach then yes Tranny will be the second coming of Marino, you are arguing a mute point, this team is what it is with the players it has, so therefore on this team in this system, tanny sucks. If if if, if my aunt had a cock she would be my uncle, If i was 30lbs and 30yrs younger I might be good looking but im not and he isnt a good QB. If your evaluation of him involves a great team around him what the hell is the point of having a qb?? Tanny just will not thrive on this team, elsewhere maybe, and I am not saying any other qb will be any better, but after 7 years of watching this jackass figure out how to step up in the pocket, i will take my chances on someone new.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 17, 2018 03:07PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well, Ken, in our history, we drafted Griese and
> he replaced Morrall either his rookie year or his
> second year.

Not exactly. We drafted Griese in 1967. We acquired Morrall from the Colts before the 1972 season, which of course was when we really needed him and he came through for us. In his sixth season, the playoffs of the 1972 season (the big game against Pittsburgh) was when a recovered Griese replaced Morrall at halfime.

Date: April 17, 2018 03:10PM

Your such a dolt Fiedler.yoi can't even pick a name without a negative. You are a negative. Everything that's wrong with a fan. That said I guess your aunt does have a cock becuase Ryan did not suck despite having no defense, no Oline, no tight end and most of all ......No real coaching until Gase. He took off and was going to the playoffs under him. He's gotten 4,000 yrs, rookie records , NFL records despite having no help what so ever.
Continue with your douchey attitude. Your the kind of fan that will complain no matter who is drafted.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2018 03:10PM

I stand corrected and now it's coming back.

edited to make clear that my concession is made to JC's post and not to the last one by Treasure which intervened before it was posted.

BTW, is that all you got Treasure....the guy does a thoughtful post and all you can do is pick on his nickname??????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2018 03:17PM by ChyrenB.

Date: April 17, 2018 07:32PM

Tanny sucks, the nfl is based on wins and the superbowl, records dont mean crap. If after 7yrs you havent found it, your not going too. Its cool ChyrenB, its like talking to a brick wall. I will go on record today to treasure, for every game winning drive tanny pulls out, I will come on board and print 10 times you are right and I was wrong. how is that?? Im simply stating this team needs to draft a qb which is the hardest position to draft. Give the new guy 2 years of picks to surround him and we will be good. Not the other way around which the phins have done for 20 yrs.

Date: April 17, 2018 07:46PM

you think its time for a qb yet?? here is a list of all the wonderful exquisite perfect qb that we have had for years. Notice nothing but praise lmao

Quarterback Games Wins Losses Ties Win %
John Beck 4 0 4 — .000
Daunte Culpepper 4 1 3 — .250
Jay Cutler 14 6 8 — .429
Steve DeBerg 4 2 2 — .500
Craig Erickson 3 1 2 — .333
A. J. Feeley 8 3 5 — .375
Jay Fiedler 59 36 23 — .610
Gus Frerotte 15 9 6 — .600
Trent Green 5 0 5 — .000
Bob Griese 151 92 56 3 .619
Brian Griese 5 3 2 — .600
Joey Harrington 11 5 6 — .455
Chad Henne 31 13 18 — .419
Damon Huard 6 5 1 — .833
Bernie Kosar 2 0 2 — .000
Cleo Lemon 8 1 7 — .125
Ray Lucas 6 2 4 — .333
Kyle Mackey 3 1 2 — .333
Dan Marino 240 147 93 — .613
George Mira 1 1 0 — 1.000
Scott Mitchell 7 3 4 — .429
Matt Moore 17 8 9 — .471
Earl Morrall 12 11 1 — .917
Rick Norton 11 1 10 — .091
Chad Pennington 20 12 8 — .600
Sage Rosenfels 2 0 2 — .000
John Stofa 2 2 0 — 1.000
Don Strock 20 14 6 — .700
Ryan Tannehill 77 37 40 — .481
Tyler Thigpen 1 0 1 — .000
George Wilson 7 2 5 — .286
Dick Wood 4 0 4 — .000
David Woodley 40 27 12 1 .688
Totals 800 445 351 4 .559
Postseason

Date: April 18, 2018 03:13AM

WTF does that list have to do with Ryan Tannehill? If wins and loses are all that matters then Marino was pretty average.

Takes more then a great QB to win in the NFL. A great defense will always win games.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 18, 2018 03:18AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I stand corrected and now it's coming back.
>
> edited to make clear that my concession is made to
> JC's post and not to the last one by Treasure
> which intervened before it was posted.
>
> BTW, is that all you got Treasure....the guy does
> a thoughtful post and all you can do is pick on
> his nickname??????

Here comes the defense lawyer.......Fielder hater is always negative . For the record I don't hate any player. Maybe just Kapernick

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 18, 2018 08:50AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well, Ken, in our history, we drafted Griese and
> he replaced Morrall either his rookie year or his
> second year. We drafted Marino and he replaced
> SuperBowl QB David Woodley in the second game of
> HIS rookie season.
>
> Ain't saying it's gonna happen but even if you are
> right and drafting one of the top Five at our no.
> 11 spot would be to REALLY COMPETE FOR THE 2019
> SEASON and him holding a clipboard in 2018, I say,
> if it gets us the next Marino or Griese......what
> bullsh*t lineman is or what later multiple picks
> are worth that???????????????????
>
> So I'm saying even if we believe in Tannehill in
> 2018, we should do it anyway for the near future
> best interests of our team.

Correction to your first paragraph, Chryen.....Griese replaced John Stofa. I believe John messed up his knee and if I'm not mistaken, he went to the Broncos the follopwing year. He later returned, but Griese was entrenched as the starter.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.