Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Rumors about trading tannehill and drafting Mayfield.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Rumors about trading tannehill and drafting Mayfield.
Date: April 24, 2018 03:04PM

Guarantee you that if had picked a qb in the first round in between those years we would had gone further in the playoffs.....

1. ROdgers
2. RYAN instead of jake long YUK
3. Brees..

Yeah Becuase Luck and RGIII did so well. JaMarcus Russell?

We have a great QB. Surround him with people to help him succeed.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 24, 2018 03:26PM

Date: April 25, 2018 03:11AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, do I remember Drew Brees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Like I said, I'm a Purdue guy.
>
> So Brees comes out.
>
> In THAT DRAFT, we are near the bottom of the first
> round.
>
> I say to myself, "No way does Brees last that
> long."
>
> But amazingly, we get to where we were (somewhere
> between 29 and 32) and BREES IS STILL THERE!!!!!
>
> But Treasure's brain-double drafts Jamar
> Fletcher!!!!! Cornerback!!!!
>
> Brees goes on to San Diego and New Orleans to
> become one of the best QBs in history while we
> continue to suck with mediocre QBs.

Brees was drafted 2001. First year sans Dan Marino. I don't know why they loved Fielder , but they did.

From 2001 until 2012 The Dolphins #1 need was a QB. We left countless QBs while picking Punt returners , and all kinds of position players instead.

However in 2012 we have a QB who has thrown for 4000 yrs consistently with little to no support.

BASICALLY.....COMPARING THE NEEDS OF A TEAM IN 2001 TO TODAY IS STUPID .....even for you and Sam Sam.

AND no telling how Brees would have performed on the Dolphins. Takes alot more then a QB to win a Superbowl.

AND......he was hurt. Shoulder of his throwing arm. I thought you didn't like "damaged goods"? eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: CincinnatiFinFAn ()
Date: April 25, 2018 03:58AM

Couple things, and correct me if I misunderstand, but there is a lot going on in this thread:

Chryn; I don't want to draft lineman in the later rounds .... I want to draft them early, assuming the talent is avail. Also, O and D lines are a unit, they play as well as the sum of their parts, so comparing the success of early round linemen to the success of drafting 1st round QB's is apples to oranges.

Sam: There is no guarantee that a 1st round QB will be a bust, but history shows that QB's drafted in the first round have less than a .500 winning percentage. Again, often not the fault of the QB drafted, but a result of the system or parts around him.

In one of Cheryn's posts, he mentioned Staubach, Brady, Romo, Esiason, and Anderson ....none of these guys were first round picks. Brady was 6th round, Staubach was 10th round!, and Romo was undrafted.

Date: April 25, 2018 06:22AM

Cincy......1st you make way too much sense and use facts.

That's something both Chyrene and Sam are very short of.winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2018 06:51AM

And with all that said, we may pick a QB, hell, we may even trade up to get one ....but I don't want to.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 25, 2018 06:51AM

I am thinking on how much value there is with those U of Miami players defensive line players lingering as predicted late 3rd round selections. I actually got in a little fight with Walter football after the UM vs. Notre Dame game arguing why he had no UM players in the top 100 of his mock draft. I see how that has changed. If you didn't see the game watch the highlight reel of the 2017 game when UM defense demolishes the heralded Notre Dame offensive line. I think those guys are going to be steals... You reading this Chris Grier? smiling smiley

Date: April 25, 2018 08:51AM

That's what we need Toko....extra picks ......... and thinking outside the box that fills holes and adds depth to the many needs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2018 11:10AM

Treasure all you care about is one thing. And listen to this, Cincy because you have to know the motivation of the person whose argument you are supporting. When it comes to Tannehill, Treasure is like a jealous boyfriend in the army whose girlfriend is at home and thinking about other guys.

I care about the best interests of the team. Not one guy whose name is Tannehill.

Treasure belongs on Santa Monica boulevard when it comes to Tannehill. Yes, you know what I'm talking about. Wen it comes to Tannehill, Treasure is ..."as the bells of Christmas."

Date: April 25, 2018 12:14PM

The only opinion I'm trying to support is mine. No matter what, none of us are gonna be in the draft room tomorrow, so this is all just talk anyway.

All of our opinions, I'm sure are in the best interests of the team, we don't all have to agree.

Good arguments and conversation come from people who may not agree, but are willing to, respectfully, share opinions.

Date: April 25, 2018 12:21PM

I agree. Just hipping you to Treasure.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 25, 2018 02:27PM

CinciFF Wrote: Sam: There is no guarantee that a 1st round QB will be a bust, but history shows that QB's drafted in the first round have less than a .500 winning percentage. Again, often not the fault of the QB drafted, but a result of the system or parts around him.

So keep trying to find one in the first round until you do find one.

We havent been bad at all drafting qbs in the first round including marino....

Tannehill is not bad at all...

But the point me and chren are trying to make is tannehill is coming off an injury and we have no good backup..

Why not try and draft a qb in the first round this year that there is a good crop of qbs .

We are looking at the future...

This team weaknessses eveywhere are not going to get fixed in this years draft.

But can draft a qb and improve the team in the coming drafts. We are not going anywhere this year anyways. Too many holes and its not going to be fixed in one year.

Date: April 25, 2018 02:30PM

BtW im cool with the first round qb sitting in the bench and learning for 3 years or so.

Date: April 25, 2018 02:37PM

Also we can very well improve this team this year through the draft
from the second round 3rd 4th 5th 6th etc why not?

We got picks in every round....the thing is we need to draft well thats all...

And one thing is for sure....We cannot overlook this years qbs coming out of college....They are very good. and i beleve if we pick one in the first round the odds are very good that once he learns the plays and has a couple of pre seasons in his belt, he will become very good.

Date: April 25, 2018 05:45PM

Do you think this bench sitter will be magic Sam? You have convinced yourself that the first 4 QBs are all HOF bound. Its a done deal. Then......we just got to get one and we are SB bound.

Sorry Sam. You just want a feel good pick, a player to believe in Like Dan. Can't say I blame you. But those days are over. Dealio.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.