HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My hope at No. 11
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: My hope at No. 11
Date: March 29, 2018 03:18AM

Apology accepted .thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: March 29, 2018 05:38AM

Back to the point of this forum (the #11 draft pick), Dolphan4545,if you were the GM who would you pick up/draft as that one player that would make us a championship contender? Any of the Quarterbacks?

If he fell to us at #11 I would think Quenton Nelson would be my draft choice but I don't think he will be around at that spot.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 29, 2018 05:49AM

Like every year there will be many surprises fall to us in the first round but we will pass and pick someone nobody ever heard of.

Hopefully its different this year.

Who the hell was eddie moore?

Still trying to figure this one out...Been a while....moody smiley

Date: March 29, 2018 05:52AM

Then you say to yourself.....

If 7th rounder fatboy norman hand developed into a decent player, then anything is possible.

Date: March 29, 2018 07:27AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then you say to yourself.....
>
>
> If 7th rounder fatboy norman hand developed into a
> decent player, then anything is possible.

SAM SAM did someone hack your account? Your making way too much sense lately!!grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 29, 2018 07:42AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Then you say to yourself.....
> >
> >
> > If 7th rounder fatboy norman hand developed into
> a
> > decent player, then anything is possible.
>
> SAM SAM did someone hack your account? Your making
> way too much sense lately!!grinning smiley

Im just relaxed today....Every time iam pissed about the phins i blame it on tannehill and get back to a relaxed mood again.

A big thanks to tannehill for that.

He knows we are just frustrated fans.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 29, 2018 11:43PM

"who would you pick up/draft as that one player that would make us a championship contender?"

I personally don't think any of the QB's in this year's draft are that kind of player, certainly not anybody that we would have a chance at. I don't think such players are known before they're drafted anyway- a Taylor or a Brady don't show their true greatness until they get into the pros, so I suppose its possible that we do get one, its just highly unlikely.
I have stated so before, but I think we should draft a QB every year or nearly so, and we certainly need one now, but the better-known ones will probably be gone when we pick, so I think we should go BPA because we have so many holes, and get a QB later.

Rick

Date: March 30, 2018 06:53AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 30, 2018 11:04AM

Date: March 30, 2018 12:58PM

TCPF maybe its time you tell chrenb he makes too much sense as well.

Because he does!

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: March 30, 2018 01:02PM

I have a spreadsheet that tracks production in terms of what I call points per game contribution of Qbs to team's success. It's based on stats and includes passing and rushing stats.

Tannehill significantly improved under Philbin from 12 ppg in 2012, to 16 ppg in 2013 to 20 ppg in 2014. Then in 2015 declined a bit to 18 ppg. In 2016 in 13 games he was at 18 ppg.
He appears to have leveled off at that 18 ppg. Elite production is over 22 ppg. So he is below elite but not bad, which means he needs run-game help.

Second, Cian Fahey did a study on QB records when opponents score 21 points or more in a game. Of the top QB like Brady, Manning, Wilson, Montana, etc., only Brady had a winning record. Montana was even I believe.

In Tanehills career, his record is 10-34 when opponents score 21 or more, so it is bad. However, in his last season in 2016, Tannehill's record was 6-4 in games when opponents score 21 or more.

Those are good trends and indicate he has room to be better, but also that he can be productive with a productive run game and good defense.

In essence, we need running game to contribute in excess of Tannehill's 18 ppg to put the team over 21, and a defense that holds opponents to under 21.

Next year he is coming back. Oline must be improved, specifically RG at this point to ensure that the running game is rolling.
Also, defense should be improved, specifically free safety, linebackers, and maybe interior DL.

As far as potential replacement QBs, we need scorers, not projects, not good quarterbacks who can be backups. We need great ones, who can drive and score, engines to win the race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2018 01:05PM by thegreathoo.

Date: March 30, 2018 01:03PM

But then, maybe tannehill is your cousin or a close family member that nobody knows about.....Thats why you root for him so much.

If not then...

We are all after the same outcome for this team.

And that is for them to become winners every year.

Date: March 30, 2018 01:41PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Again, the reasoning behind drafting one of the
> top four QBs at our first pick is to
>
> 1) Maybe have NOT TO RELY on the QBs on our roster
> SHOULD TANNEHILL NOT come back this September.
>
> 2) NOT HAVE TO RELY on NEXT YEAR'S QB draft class
> (or the one after that) even if Tanny comes back
> next September but that is his last year.
>
> What are you guys thinking?????? Do you really
> think Tanny has another 7 years in
> him?????????????????????????????????????????? If
> not, is another lineman in 2018 preferable instead
> of having to rely on the 2019 draft QB garbage in
> 2019???????????

AND what makes you think this team is capable of picking a winning QB out of that group? How many 1st round QBs dont ever amount to anything? Why are you so sure Tannehill will fail when he's given us so many reasons not to? Any other QB's lately on the Dolphins throw for 4000 Yds since 2000? get Rookie Records? YET you are so positive this draft is just chock full of winners. Just step up and grab one folks!! LOL......do you listen yo yourself? confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 30, 2018 05:52PM

First of all, you want to make this out of Tannehill will fail or succeed. The question is instead will he first come back and second will be will he have more than just one year left in him given his injury. Dude, the man started in 2012.

Secondly, the second question is who is our NEXT permanent QB after Tannehill. Do we choose from a FUTURE draft full of garbage QBs????

Both these questions say you grab the best QB you can.....NOW!!!!

Date: March 30, 2018 07:37PM

2012? In 88 did you want to replace Marino ? He had 4-5 knee surgeries by then. Tanny would have played last year if he choose to get surgery.

You make it sound like this draft is the only chance for a QB ever. Your fixated on it. I believe only 1 1st round draft pick (Aaron Rodgers)won a SB in the last decade.

If we don't pick from this pool of 4-5 we are doomed for the next decade! LOL.
WE ARE DOOMED if we don't fill some holes on this team. QB is not a hole right now.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 30, 2018 08:27PM

Date: March 31, 2018 04:07AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-
>
> And you act like every QB draft will have the same
> number of great QBs to choose from like this one
> and the Marino Elway draft.

YES. Becuase only QB brought home a Superbowl Trophy from that draft......

And the supposed last great QB Draft has also had only 1 SB Championship QB......Russell Wilson and he was the 6th QB taken /3rd round. Wasnt even on the radar back then.

But your right. This one is special. THIS TIME just draft up and grab one and your Superbowl bound!eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 31, 2018 06:15AM

TCPF WROTE....But your right. This one is special. THIS TIME just draft up and grab one and your Superbowl bound qbs

Maybe not draft up but.....

NOW YOU GETTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 31, 2018 07:11PM

Date: April 01, 2018 06:34AM

Date: April 01, 2018 08:00AM

Date: April 01, 2018 08:30AM

I'm saying.....if any of those QBs fall to 11 Miami should be on the phone burning up the lines trying to get the best deal/trade to any team at 12 down. Buffalo is #12 . They have the most picks:

11. Miami Dolphins
12. Buffalo Bills from Cincinnati Bengals
13. Washington Redskins
14. Green Bay Packers
15. Arizona Cardinals
16. Baltimore Ravens
17. Los Angeles Chargers
18. Seattle Seahawks
19. Dallas Cowboys
20. Detroit Lions
21. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo Bills
22. Buffalo Bills from Kansas City Chiefs
23. Los Angeles Rams
24. Carolina Panthers
25. Tennessee Titans
26. Atlanta Falcons
27. New Orleans Saints
28. Pittsburgh Steelers
29. Jacksonville Jaguars
30. Minnesota Vikings
31. New England Patriots
32. Philadelphia Eagles

Finding a trade partner should not be that hard if this QB draft is as good as you claim it to be.

The Eagles have a back up starting. They already have a great team. They could give up a bunch. Just work your way down. We still get a #1......although at 32 its just a high #2. Grab their #2 as well. and a third.....maybe a pick next year as well.

Solidify the Oline. Grab a MLB , a tight end. A DT. Tannehill and Osweiler will be a great tandem. AND if they prove to be damaged goods......NOW we have a great base and probably a high draft pick next season to grab a QB. Most teams that dont participate in these GREAT QB drafts go one to win Superbowls. Becuase great QB's dont win Championships.......great Teams do. Ask #13.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: April 01, 2018 04:00PM

Cannot draft Rosen. He wasn't a winner in college. It will not happen. you cannot draft a loser in college in first round.
I know we did that with Tannehill, he wasn't a winner per se, had only one year of production. But we did it, made the mistake, lived through the grind for 6 years. We cannot do that again. Draft a bad QB and go through it for another 6-7 years.

Date: April 02, 2018 01:04PM

Date: April 02, 2018 01:10PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> You guys are rationalizing that Tannehill was bad
> when its THE TEAM < THE COACHING < THE DRAFT PICKS
> AROUND HIM THAT WERE BAD.
>
> Again:
>
> Dolphins franchise records
> Record Statistic Set Notes
> Most passing completions in a single
> season 392 2014
> Most passing completions in a rookie
> season 282 2012
> Highest completion percentage,
> career 62.2% 2012-2016
> Highest completion percentage in a single
> season 66.4% 2014 (Min. 500 attempts)
> Most passing yards in a rookie season 3,294 2012
> Most passing attempts in a rookie
> season 484 2012
> Longest rush by a quarterback 48 yards 2013
> Longest rush by a rookie quarterback 31
> yards 2012
> Most consecutive pass completions 25 2015 (Also an
> NFL record)
>
>
> Bad Quarterback? Not a winner? He did better then
> most with what he was given. Supportive him.
> Believe in him. Give him the tools to succeed and
> he will. You guys who think all you have to do is
> pick the next Marino will be forever disappointed.

You forgot to say:

Coming off an injured plagued season.

If he fails to come back and we dont draft a qb in the first round we have to wait another couple years maybe more for the next great qb class.....

We have a great qb class this year.

Date: April 02, 2018 02:48PM

Date: April 02, 2018 05:32PM

Dang......glad you guys cou ldn't post when Marino was playing. He got knee surgery every season.........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 02, 2018 06:15PM

You remind me of when I was 14 or so and the Bay of Pigs invasion was a colossal failure and President Kennedy talked about advisers and said basically, "And when they turn out to be wrong....they just move on to giving new advice (about other subjects)."

I can see you in September if the Dolphins follow your advice and Tannehill's doctors announce that his career is over. You'll just move on to new advice.

Date: April 03, 2018 07:00AM

ChyrenB Wrote:

>
> I can see you in September if the Dolphins follow
> your advice and Tannehill's doctors announce that
> his career is over. You'll just move on to new
> advice.

NOPE. If I remember correctly Ryan Tannehill was a pretty Fit athletic guy. 10x the overall athlete that Dan Marino was. Funny I didn't see you crying about Rashad Jones when he tore his shoulder up. He came back better then ever. Same surgery to Tom Brady.......why are you convinced Tannehill WONT be OK?

Because deep down you dont want to. You have yourself convinced that a young stud QB is the only way to fix this team. Been the same argument since 2000 actually. Your so starved for winning you wait until the April draft and want to applaud a big splash pick up on the Top ten list. I saw it here back when we blew a 1st and a 2nd to draft up and sign Dion Jordon. People went nuts here. The adrenaline rush was intoxicating. Turned out to be the worst move in club history.

Drafts are not meant to be exciting . You pick whats best for YOUR team. But GM's get all caught up in the hype as well. They want big flashy things to show off until game time starts and they leave the owners box early to escape the fans throwing bottles at them.

If Tannehill takes a wrong step and shows himself injury plagued .....if Miami picks right this year they then have a great opportunity to add a rookie QB to a much better team and a better chance at success. Every draft has good QB's capable of winning it all BUT ONLY IF YOU HAVE A WINNING TEAM AS WELL. Ask 2017 Superbowl Champion Nick Foles.He was drafted in the 3rd round. Often injured and a career back up.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 03, 2018 07:04AM

I wonder what his new advice will be?

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.