HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Big Purge is Coming!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The Big Purge is Coming!
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: March 10, 2018 05:56PM

I heard from a reliable source from within the organization that many players will be purged in the next 4 days:
We are officially rebuilding the team!

1) pouncey cut
2) Suh cut
3) wake cut (he may restructure)
4) James cut
5) Timmons cut
6) Landry traded (already)
7) Julius Thomas Cut

Talk about holes to fill! Lol!

The only thing that can save them, is to draft one of the 4 young quarterbacks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Big Purge is Coming!
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 10, 2018 06:27PM

I doubt the reliability of your source, but frankly this team isn't built to go anywhere so i would be in favor of a complete gut job, get a high draft pick and go from there. provided of course we dump tannenbaum before next year so he gets no say on the replacements.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 11, 2018 07:53AM

Most overpaid underrachievers. SUh has not helped our D get better

Pouncey Oft injured

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 11, 2018 03:01PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most overpaid underrachievers. SUh has not helped
> our D get better
>
> Pouncey Oft injured

True, Suh has not helped this defense get better...but it isn't because of Suh.

The guy is still one of the best DT in the league. Its the players around him. Think about it - get double and sometimes, triple teamed. With that happening, it should free up at least one of the other players (DEs or LBers), but because out guys aren't good enough, no one was able to make the plays.

If we had better players surrounding Suh, the double/triple teaming of Suh would be cut back and we would see much more from him. Think about it...his numbers are still good, but would be even better with some help.

I think his salary is way too high....that is elite QB money. But, that was (another) mistake by our FO.

I read an article, and agree with it. Miami has been giving out high contracts to FAs who are aged 30 or older. Miami must stop doing that, and the proof is in Miami's pudding.

I personally won't knock Suh.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 11, 2018 05:05PM

Agreed not all Suh's fault but not sure you can give interior lineman that don't get sacks enormous $

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 11, 2018 08:35PM

Suh would be fine if we had somebody, anybody next to him that could make a play and if we had ANY LB' s on the field. I mean, what looks to be our best LB got hurt on the first play of the season last year...

This team wouldn't have any luck at all if it wasn't for bad luck.

IMHO, Gase wants disciplined players that do what they are told and play within the system...freelance and you are outta here in other words.

I hope he gets what he wants quickly so we can all see if it works...or not. That way we'll all know if it time to move on, even though I hate the coaching carousel...it never helps your team, only prolongs the losing.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 11, 2018 10:15PM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 12:52AM

They should be trying to trade these guys before they cut them and tannehill should be added to that list.

If the bills can get a 3rd for tyrod we should at least get a 2nd for tannehill.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: March 12, 2018 02:05AM

Good. Im excited. New chapter is good.

Draft:

Two quarterbacks in first two rounds:

1. Mason Rudolph
2. Riley Ferguson
3. Shaq Griffen LB
4. Justin Jones DT
4. Skyler Phillips G
6. Tyler Conklin TE
7. Joe Noteboom T
7. Michael Thomas LB

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 04:17AM

The only thing that Tannenbaum is good at is signing bad players. Purging the roster when a bonehead like Tannenbaum is in charge of replacing those players means #1 overall pick next year. How do you get a team in cap hell like he did with Miami and not have anything to show for it? Branch--sucks. Alonso--sucks. Timmons--sucks. Julius Thomas--sucks. Larson--sucks. That's close to 40 million in cap dollars for players who are awful. Seriously, who honestly thinks that Tannenbaum is all of a sudden going to get good at evaluating players and managing the cap intelligently? As the saying goes, when someone shows you who they are, believe them. The only signing I'm interested in is who will be signed to replace Tannenbaum next year after the disaster of a season unfolds in 2018.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 06:25AM

I'm with you Fins72. I didn't like that hire from the beginning and am not surprised he's completely blown the cap up.

6-10 and 20mm over the cap isn't a sign of good things to come.

My only hope is it bottoms out this year and Ross finally talks Harbaugh into taking over.

If that were to happen I hope he fire everyone and let Harbaugh bring in his own people.

Date: March 12, 2018 07:12AM

It keeps getting worse and worse. They're going to release Suh so that... wait for it.... Tannenbaum who got them into cap hell to begin with.... can.... you got it..... spend more big money on free agency..... negotiating contracts.... which is how he got us in cap hell... stay with me here again....to begin with... Insanity is alive and well at Dolphins headquarters. They do the same thing over and over again and expect things to change. An actual train wreck would be easier to watch. Tannenbaum will leave this franchise in worse shape than... I almost hate to say the name ... Wannstedt.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 08:13AM

Maybe they think going 0-16 for the next 5 or 6 years and getting the number one overall pick is going to improve this team...LOL

Pathetic.

Date: March 12, 2018 08:33AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Maybe they think going 0-16 for the next 5 or 6
> years and getting the number one overall pick is
> going to improve this team...LOL
>
> Pathetic.

You could give Tannenbaum the #1 overall pick in the next ten drafts and Miami would still finish below .500. The man doesn't have the slightest idea of how to evaluate talent and he never will.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 11:24AM

I thought landry would be trade bait to move up in the first round. and we get a 4th and 7th instead.

Cleveland raped miami without any remorse.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 11:33AM

Right now I couldn't care less about this clown show. World Cup soccer is coming this summer. See you guys in September.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 12, 2018 03:20PM

Know the song well.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 12, 2018 04:08PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Maybe they think going 0-16 for the next 5 or 6
> years and getting the number one overall pick is
> going to improve this team...LOL
>
> Pathetic.

Don't laugh too hard. There are fans out there that would actually applaud such a tactic.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 12, 2018 04:10PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Right now I couldn't care less about this clown
> show. World Cup soccer is coming this summer. See
> you guys in September.

Two Champions league matches will be on tomorrow afternoon. I'll be watching from home while basically the entire state of Massachusetts enjoys a Snow Day (we're getting a foot and a half of snow. Bring it on!!)

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 06:41PM

More purge coming!

I told you all. This was what was told to me.
Expect pouncey, wake, and James to be next!
James and Wake may restructure.

The Dolphins front office called me today(I'm not kidding) after I left a message threatening to not renew my season tickets.

LMAO!!!

I told them, that their move t trade Landry for a bag of footballs was absolutely disgraceful!!!

We then said thanks you for the call, and I will consider replacing my seats with Heat tickets!

Honestly, this has really turned into a truly pathetic franchise!

Stephen Ross,,,,you should be ASHAMED!!!

Truly Depressing!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 12, 2018 06:55PM

Right thing to do, Stevie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.