HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Landry
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Landry
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: March 01, 2018 08:33AM

Hello all, okay I have to ask what the heck am i missing and what is all the crap with Landry. Its a very simple problem, shit or get off the pot, meaning you either want him or you dont. I understand phins offered like 12m he wants 15.5 how damn hard is this to figure out, give him the 12m for for years, 20up front if you want to, and make the remaining 3.5 incentive based. Basically hey Jarvis lead the league again, produce more than 4tds, don't get ejected and have nuclear meltdowns, don't try to embarrass the coach, do what an elite receiver does and act like one, and we will pay you the difference each year for these goals. Earn your money you want in incentives. Dammmm if that isn't acceptable, bye Felicia. I live in NJ and base this off of the moron phillies who decided to give Ryan Howard 22mill a year and he absolutely sucked once he got his contract. No problem paying Landry but to reach elite payment you must produce each year to get it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landry
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 01, 2018 12:03PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 01, 2018 02:22PM

There is a difference.......If another team signs him we get a first round pick.

He is franchised.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 01, 2018 03:02PM

Didn't know that but I still would have Ajayi rather than a pick that we would screw up.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 01, 2018 05:54PM

no team is giving a first round pick for landry. frankly I think we are hoping he will agree to be traded somewhere and we get like a 4th. pitiful

Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: March 01, 2018 06:48PM

WRs are a dime a dozen.
We dont want to lopside our salary cap with a max $ player at ANY position except QB.
We've learned that with the Sue deal.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: March 02, 2018 02:26AM

I was thinking about Landry's stats etc. If we had a decent TE at any point over the past couple of years, Or even if Parker lived up to his potential, Landry's numbers wouldn't be what they were. I believe his numbers are inflated as the Dolphins lacked other viable targets.

Date: March 02, 2018 04:46AM

If a player is franchised and another team matches and takes him away....they must give a first rounder to us.

I think it still works like that.

Can anybody confirm this?

Where is the truth when you need him.

Date: March 02, 2018 07:53AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If a player is franchised and another team matches
> and takes him away....they must give a first
> rounder to us.
>
> I think it still works like that.
>
> Can anybody confirm this?
>
> Where is the truth when you need him.

yes of course that's the rule, I think it is actually 2 first round picks. The point is that never happens for any player, anyone who is franchised and then switches teams does so via trade for much less (e.g. Matt Cassel a few years ago). The only player I recall who ever left for 2 first rounds in FA was Wilbur Marshall to the Bears a million years ago. Certainly no one is giving 2, or even 1, first rounder for Landry.

Date: March 02, 2018 08:56AM

Thank You.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: March 02, 2018 10:33AM

I like Laundry and I want him to stay a Dolphin but I read that Miami is willing to pay 12 million a year and he wants 14 million and I think to myself, "My goodness, how can anyone live on only 12 million dollars a year!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 11:51AM by pafinfan.

Date: March 02, 2018 01:59PM

THey used to a rich lifestyle....They have so many agents and lawyers that are golddigers around them and sometimes when they retire they broke.

I once heard of someone one leaving a 30 grand tip at a restaurant. Imagine that.

I second that..............

And i repeat........................

How can someone live on a 12 million dollar a year?

Date: March 02, 2018 05:41PM

easy to do unless you are a complete jackass idiot. You could live decently just on the interest alone.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 02, 2018 07:13PM

1. The price is TWO firsts.

2. A $12 million offer has nothing to do with it. The price for wide receivers (slot or not, doesn't matter) is in the $14-15 range. Doesn't matter what we want to pay- the market (this IS a free market economy) sets the price, we have to pay it if we want to sign this guy.

3.Do we want to sign this guy? Three years ago, the Dolphins said that they wanted to draft, develop and KEEP their own drafted players after they lost Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon to their own stupidity and a few million dollars. Our owner has the money and is willing to spend it. Now, they have one of the best YOUNG (25 yrs old) receivers in the league, a guy that we drafted and has frequently been the ONLY spark our offense has had in too many games, and we are acting like we don't want to keep him. Tannenbaum, this is FOOLISHNESS! Do we need him? Hell, yes! Are we offering him what the market says he's worth? Hell, no! Are we going to let him go? Apparently. Total FOOLISHNESS! Stop with all the excuse-making! Just answer this question: Are we a better team without Jarvis Landry? I submit that the answer is an emphatic NO! Rebut this, if you can.

Rick

Date: March 03, 2018 05:17PM

okay, now I know I am going to get blasted and this is just me and my opinion. But didnt he say 2 days ago he would sit out and not sign the tag?? now every team says hell no to a trade and suddenly this asshole wants to sign??? I say rescind the tag and offer his ass 11mil a year and if he dont like it, walk asshole. thats all i got on this subject, no wonder our team is a joke

Date: March 03, 2018 06:05PM

he agreed to sign the tag to facilitate a trade. you have it backwards

Date: March 03, 2018 07:49PM

I dont think I have this backwards, but if I do I will apologize for my words and own them. But you dont find it just a wee bit convenient that only after the bears pull out of the deal, that now he wants to play for the tag where yesterday the tag was not a good deal for him? so I may again be wrong on this so correct me, but what your saying is he cannot be traded unless he signs the tender? but if no trade happens the PHins owe him 16.5mil, but if they rescind before he signs then he can go to whomever as a FA? I wouldnt take that 16mil gamble as an owner for 6 wins to save my balls. He obviously doesnt want to be hear, he has stated a 1yr deal to him is not worth the risk of injury so you think he is going to play hard for you?? ryan howard all over again. Gase should pack his suitcase for him. Again I may be wrong on all of this, but maybe its time that owners step up and say you play for me, I dont play for you.

Date: March 04, 2018 03:47AM

we tagged him so the team has no standing to be pissed he signed it. the word was he would sign the tag to facilitate a trade. he can't be traded otherwise. if he is not traded then of course he will take 16mm instead of nothing but he wants a long term deal and the team doesn't want to give it to him. He is not worth what he wants but if some team will give it to him them you can't begrudge him getting it.
I expect what will happen is we get no more than a 4th round pick for him and we use that pick on another bust.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 04, 2018 04:15AM

You can't overpay for a WR that averaged less than 9 a catch and was under 1000 yds. DJ Moore, Christian Kirk, Hayden Hurst,along with Caroo, stills, Grant Parker will replace if we can move him

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.