HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cap Management Stinks
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Cap Management Stinks
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 10:53AM

Miami is currently $7,454,965 over the cap. Cutting Timmons gets them to $2,459,965 over the cap. Cutting Julius Thomas gets them to $3,660,035 under the cap. These are all moves that we expect. Cutting JaWan James is unavoidable (and probably not a bad thing anyway) gets the team to $12,521,035 under the cap. Some of that will have to go toward signing our draft picks. The only way to give the team substantial relief is to cut Suh after June 1. If they do that, the team is $29,041,035 under the cap. I'm not at all in favor of cutting the best player on a defense that was monumentally bad but there may not be a choice. Of course that presupposes that Landry stays with the team which I think is becoming more and more unlikely. Either way, we're going to lose at least one productive and important player because of cap constraints.

Now here is the part about how the team stinks managing the cap. The extension given to Alonzo this coming year counts $9,637,500 against the cap. Andre Branch will count $10,000,000 against this years cap. Two mediocre players comprise 20 million dollars of the cap space this coming year. What in hell was Tannenbaum thinking? Alonzo couldn't cover an 80 year old woman and consistently takes bad angles on tackles. Branch had 5.5 sacks in 2016 which is pretty average to below average. His 4.5 sacks last year was even worse. Tannenbaum pulled this kind of crap with the jets. He put them in cap hell and ultimately it cost him his job. He's doing the same thing in Miami. This is why I don't wonder why we stink year in and year out.

Message to Ross. Tannenbaum is destroying your franchise or do you even care?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cap Management Stinks
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:31AM

No he doesn't. He is just interested in the celebrity status of ownership of an NFL team.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 11:34AM

Im really convinced now that Ross is in it for the money and winning a super bowl is not important to him. At his age he would have made winning the big one a priority. He appears to be ok with the status quo as long as the money is coming in.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 01:57AM

I am unsure but wouldn't more money come in if you actually fielded a good team. Not just from ticket or concession sales but you will actually be on national TV more often. If it is about the money then someone needs to let him know you make more that way.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 28, 2018 09:54AM

That's why I think that the celebrity status and rubbing elbows with the famous is all that he is concerned about.

I wish like Hell he was only in it for the money.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 09:57AM

Big money comes from TV contract a lot of owners understand that and are satisfied w/ that big check. Guys like Jerry Jones understand the value of 'The Brand'. Market value etc. Phins have one of the most recognizable logos in football.

Its going to waste.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: February 28, 2018 10:34AM

I wonder what the chance are of Gase going to Ross, pointing at Tannenbaum and saying, "Mr. Ross, as long as he is in charge of the team they will be average if they are lucky."

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: March 01, 2018 09:33AM

Jets are in the midst of cutting all kinds of talent right now - might be some cheaper alternatives out there to these guys...but I got zero faith in T'Baum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.