HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Very Sad to hear
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Very Sad to hear
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 23, 2018 06:28PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Very Sad to hear
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: February 24, 2018 05:13AM

On many levels I believe.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 08:23AM

At least he realizes that he is a coward. That should be the beginning of curing himself. To much of a coward to stand up for himself and still to much of a coward to move on.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 12:33PM

he's a freaking loser. nice job by the scouting crew on that one!!
PS how does a 6-7 350 pound guy get bullied in high school??

Date: February 24, 2018 01:32PM

Date: February 25, 2018 05:50AM

Bullying is NOT the problem. Its almost a human condition. I actually have a video on social media where I explain bullying at length on a local TV show. Chyrene I'll share that link with you because I dont like sharing personal info on the Net , but I do trust you.

Bullying occurs at so many levels throughout our lives. It occurs in schools, social levels with friends, at work , even here at this Forum. People going to push. the question is.......are you prepared to push back?

Jonathan Martins Rich well to do liberal parents failed so miserably that their son couldn't mentally fight back when confronted despite his large physical stature.

Heres a story I always share when dealing with bullying and parents who want Police to solve their issues instead of handing themselves.

In South Florida its the Law to have ALL Pools enclosed with at least a 3 Ft fence around the perimeter. The point being , no small child should be able to wander and fall in your pool and drown. Makes Sense right?

As a parent the thought of my child falling into a pool or a lake scared me so much (I live on a lake) I took a different approach. I taught my boys how to swim by the time they were 1. Its not an issue anymore.

Parents who want to build this protective bubble around their kids are creating problems for the future. Kids that cant cope when the slightest thing doesnt go their way. No problem solving abilities what so ever.

I believe Jonathan Martins problems go a bit deeper then lack of parenting. But he was cuddled and shielded and protected to the point no one , even scouts , knew he had no problem solving abilities. When confronted or pushed he had no skills to push back. An Alpha male like Richie Incognito blew his mind.

Richie went through his own shit for a year. Beat up a Ferrari with a bat. But he's mentally strong enough to take a pause , realize he did have a few issues himself and now come back stronger then ever.

Jonathan Martin is a sick sick deranged individual. NFL football was the worst career he could have picked. He had the Physical tools but no heart. No fight. Incapable of protecting himself at any level. This last incident really shows his sickness in full light. He really sees himself as a victim , even 5 yrs later. he cant let it go. Its his world, his being. He cant move on. He better get intense emotional therapy . As a fellow human being I wish him the best. But if the inevitable happens I hope he just hurts himself.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 25, 2018 11:08AM

Date: February 26, 2018 05:15AM

Date: February 26, 2018 08:32AM

As far as the Phins are concerned we did not need Martin nor Incog, Jerry and still need to let go of Pouncey.

Martin was to weak and the rest too much of aholes. You do not win with either type. The Giants oline has not been productive since Jerry joined and the Bills while functional has been mediocre at best. There is a reason why the 3 aholes have not played on winning teams. Simply because you do not win with that type.

You cannot build unit cohesion w/ that type. Being an ahole is more important to them than football.

Will be glad to see Pouncey go one day and then we can build a functional oline. Watch it will happen. We had function lines when we had guys like Langer Stepehenson and Ruddy at C. Dellenbach gave 110% and I respected the hell out of that guy and he was not as talented as the other 3.

Date: February 26, 2018 09:16AM

Pouncy needs to go because of his play. He is a shell of his old self.

Incognito is still starting on a very good offensive line for Buffalo.

I truly believe if Incognito never got waived , we are a much better offensive unit. We make the playoffs and Tannehill doesnt get hurt.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 26, 2018 09:36AM

I respectively disagree our oline has never stabilized while Pouncey was at center even when he was healthy. Missed assignment, no blitz pick up. I knew Pouncey was not picking up blitzes because the Pats ran the same stunt that he never called out. Split Chandler Jones wide he spins inside thru the C/LG gap (that was Incog and Pouncey) and bingo he was right in Tanne's face. Pats would call that play twice in the first half and then swing him to the opposite side in the second half. At their best these 3 were deficient. Other teams would bring up the SS at times and run the same gap, it never got called.

You don't win with guys like this. Bills went 9-7 and I think that was Incogs first trip to the playoffs. Losers a bunch of damn losers. Another reason the Phins are a joke in the league. DAL, DEN PATs etc don't collect guys like this.

Date: February 26, 2018 10:36AM

Date: February 27, 2018 06:22AM

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: February 27, 2018 08:26AM

I was thinking the same thing TCPF.

I have so much respect for Chryen for all he has accomplished and what he has done with his life (he loves to inform us about his past which I love hearing about). But what he was talking about was before the 80's (btw I was born in 81). I am sure you have more stories then what you have told Chyren. Maybe some newer than 30 years ago?

My daughter's school is having a walk out at the end of March that her Principal is behind 100%. If you know why you are "protesting" and truly believe in it I am all for you doing it. I even told my daughter that last week. I told her to talk with me about what she thinks and we will have a 2 way conversation about this issue.

My wife told my daughter last night that she doesn't have to go to school that day if she doesn't want because she (my daughter) is in disagreement on the reason they are walking out. I actually got very upset and told them that was the problem. My wife is afraid my daughter will be ridiculed and bullied if she doesn't "protest" with these students. That is wrong but that is the mind set of these kids now a days. Look at Berkeley and all those other Liberal colleges. Shoot even the professors have lost their minds.

First thing my daughter said when she told me about this was that most of the people that were walking out said they just wanted the day off they didn't care about the protest. My daughter was one of those people that just wanted the day off. You know how stupid that is my friend!!!! That made me so angry.

I have no issue with my daughter or anyone for that matter if they want to protest this or that but please know what you are protesting and have some knowledge about it. Truly believe it. These kids could give 2 shits about the real agenda.

Sorry about any punctuations or grammar...in a rush and on my phone...just wanted to reply real quick.

Date: February 27, 2018 08:55AM

Both sides have a stick pushed up the backsides of too many Americans today and tilt them to the right or left using their stupidity as the reigns. God bless Trump? Wait and see where that guys is taking us. You gotta be the real dumbass there. I voted for Reagan Bush Sr W and Obama. I was satisfied with all except W. This blame Obama for all of the shit the country is in is ridiculous. Divide? only the aholes, who divided themselves from day 1 of his presidency. You don't think we are divided more now. Undercutting the intelligence agencies? Wait til you see the impact on that one. Its coming you gotta pay the piper one day. Count your pennies now while we are on the tail end on the Obama economy. The rough part is coming up.

Kids always protested on a whim. They did it when I was in college and yep most of the kids did it to bail out of class.

Date: February 27, 2018 10:21AM

Date: February 27, 2018 10:24AM

Date: February 27, 2018 10:31AM

Do you not see a problem with kids bailing class just cause? And the media eats this up giving the false narrative you see now.

Yes there is divide right now but to say there wasn't divide during Obama is off base. Or you only see and believe what you want. I voted for Obama the first time around. I had hope.

I remember going outside that night after Obama won his first election. At that time I smoked so I was just enjoying my win and hoping for change. Down the street roll a crowd (I say 20 -30) kids and adults chanting "we won...F*** white people". Talk about divide.

Yes I am white but my kids are mixed and I am so glad they were either not born yet or way to young to witness that.

Date: February 27, 2018 10:52AM

I did not say there was no divide. People have to learn how to read with comprehension. I am black I have been called the N word a number of times in my life by whites. When they did that did I see every white person in the US calling me that, no. Was every black person in the USA saying F white people, no. Sadly things like that happen but stop attributing the actions of the few as the action of every black person in the US. And as you say 20/30 kids. Kids idiot kids.

Date: February 27, 2018 11:56AM

Date: February 27, 2018 01:16PM

Date: February 28, 2018 02:12AM

I understand what you are saying mizzou but it is the ones that are causing the divide that get the most attention. Very rare to hear a good story from the media. They love to cause hate and divide. I for one am sick of it.

People these days are ignorant and love to troll. And that goes for ever race and ever religion. Stop giving these people the platform for this

Btw I said kids and adults. Mainly adults with a few sprinkles. That makes it even worse to me. As an adult you should know better.

I do believe that upping the age limit or banning assault rifles is needed...wait...assault rifles can not be obtain by you normal citizen. You have to be vetting through all kinds of processes, have to obtain a license and this is not cheap. AR's are not assault weapons. If we go about banning AR type weapons we need to do something about restricting handguns and knives as well. As these tend to kill more people each day.

Honestly I believe the only way to try and prevent these types of things from happening is more education about mental health, more security in schools, and I mean physical security not just armed guards.

IF people really want to cause harm to themselves or any other person they will no matter what resources they can obtain. Murder is illegal but people still do it.

Heroin and cocaine are illegal and yet they are easier to obtain then guns...My point is no matter what laws and what restrictions are put in place people will find away to get them anyways. Laws only matter to the law abiding citizens.

Date: February 28, 2018 03:36AM

" I understand what you are saying mizzou but it is the ones that are causing the divide that get the most attention. Very rare to hear a good story from the media. They love to cause hate and divide. I for one am sick of it."

That is what sells the papers. Drive up advertising cost. I don't care if its MSNBC, FOX, National Inquire. Suckers like sensationalism over substance. This did not just start been going since the 18 century (in the USA). Sometimes you just have to cancel your newspaper subscription. I watch PBS & BBC for my news. I want the news delivered not sprayed.

I dunno to me guns are easier to attain than hard drugs. That's debatable. You start w/ weapons like the A/R and perhaps end w/ them. Weapons that can be used to kill rapidly and in big numbers should be highlight regulated and hard to attain. W/ rights come responsibility and you sure as hell should go thru hoops to show that you are qualified to own such weapons.

Its not we the people anymore. Its we the lobbyist, high powered lawyers, military industrial complex, 4 star military guys, billionaires, corporate officers, televangelist etc. You think the country belongs to the average guy any more you are crazy. They have us fighting this conservative vs liberal bs and are taking so much power away from the average guy. No one in state or federal government is trying to solve any problems. They need the crap to stay the same so they have their 'causees' perpetually on going. Guns, women's right, civil rights, conservative causes, liberal causes, all these guys do is find a cause and the money comes rolling in.

So many Americans have their heads up their asses and the Chinese and Russian are watching our decline. Keep thinking we are becoming great.

We are watching this ahole attack the core foundations of our country, freedom of the press, wants the justice department to focus on his opponents, people I converse w/ are concerned about the opening up of so many channels in our intelligence to these Russians it is scary. Just not military but industrial and financial.

and all we do is argue and debate.

Date: February 28, 2018 06:30AM

Mizziou. I told my sons the same thing. Sit down and tell me why the kids are walking out? None of these kids have any information. Zilch. And the biggest problem I have with it all is these kids with no real ideas on how to think for themselves are all headed to liberal land college where nutty left winger college Professors will try to fill up their heads with more garbage. No clear unbiased thoughts. Pure Garbage.

Obama? dont get me started. Not a color thing. You dont know me. Trust me it aint a color thing.

When I see the federal government attending the funeral of a Robbery suspect who tried to kill a cop (Michael Brown) And rail roading the officer It broke my heart. Then the officers in Baltimore. (All charged and cleared of murder). It all started in 2009 when Obama called Officers in Cambridge "stupid". No respect.
Haven't seen any in 9 yrs. see all the Pics of Obama coming out now? With racist black Panthers? Why did they hold those from the public? I would LOVE to me Chyrene one day and have a beer with him. They would all hate that. Dont lose sight of that. We are all brothers here. Race means nothing.

Lots of corruption coming out. You know he weaponized the IRS. Thats fact. The FBI. Thats fact.Gave Billions to our enemies in the last day of his presidency. They couldn't win a rigged election because the democrats have no message. Still dont.

People keep telling me Trump is bad. OK. Whats he done bad?

Again, Tax breaks and soon cheaper medical. He doesnt claim to be perfect but he listens to the people. ALL people. What has he done thats bad? Dont tell me anything about Russia please. Thats bullshit and you know it.

I'm as blue Collar /middle of the road as it gets. My 401K is through the roof. I might retire before his presidency ends.He puts America first and wants people to stand for the national Anthem. Whats the issue?

Think about one more thing. What ever news station your watching.....When was the last time you saw them say anything positive about President Trump? Anything? Ever? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeye rolling smiley

Yet the economy is doing great.

10. He enforced President Barack Obama’s red line against Syria’s use of chemical weapons. When the regime of Bashar al-Assad used a toxic nerve agent on innocent men, women and children, Trump didn’t wring his hands. He acted quickly and decisively, restoring America’s credibility on the world stage that Obama had squandered.

9. He has taken a surprisingly tough line with Russia. Trump approved a $47 million arms package for Ukraine, sent troops to Poland’s border with Russia and imposed new sanctions on Moscow for violating the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.

8. He recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Four American presidents promised to do it, but only one actually did. This is why the American people elected Trump. He does what he promises to do, for better or for worse — in this case, definitely for the better. Even Jeb Bush tweeted his approval.

7. He withdrew from the Paris climate agreement. After George W. Bush pulled out of the disastrous Kyoto treaty, U.S. emissions went down faster than much of Europe. The same will be true for Trump’s departure from the Paris accord. Combined with his approval of the Keystone XL pipeline, and opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to exploration, Trump is helping usher in a new age of American energy development.

6. He got NATO allies to kick in $12 billion more toward our collective security. Decades of pleading by the Bush and Obama administrations failed to get NATO allies to meet their financial commitments to the alliance, but Trump’s tough talk and reticence to affirm America’s Article V commitment did the trick. NATO is stronger as a result.

5. He has virtually eliminated the Islamic State’s physical caliphate. Trump removed the constraints Obama placed on our military and let it drive the terrorists from their strongholds.

4. He admitted he was wrong on Afghanistan and reversed Obama’s disastrous withdrawal. In a rare admission, Trump declared: “My original instinct was to pull out .?.?. But all my life, I’ve heard that decisions are much different when you sit behind the desk in the Oval Office. .?.?. A hasty withdrawal would create a vacuum for terrorists.”

3. He enacted historic tax and regulatory reform that has unleashed economic growth. Trump signed the first comprehensive tax reform in three decades and removed the wet blanket of Obama-era regulations smothering our economy. We are now heading into our third consecutive quarter of above 3 percent growth.

2. He is installing conservative judges who will preside for decades. With his appointment of Neil M. Gorsuch, Trump secured a conservative majority on the Supreme Court, and he is moving at record pace to fill the federal appeals courts with young conservative judges.

1. He, not Hillary Clinton, was inaugurated as president. Trump delivered the coup de grace that ended the corrupt, dishonest Clinton political machine. And you all know it was sadly sadly corrupt. has been for 40 yrs.

Nothing there they could report on positively? I would settle for just one.

God Bless America. I could say that for a long long time. And god bless you Chyrene and Mizzou. We are all brothers no matter what they try to say. I mean that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 28, 2018 07:44AM

Dude stay in your fantasy conservative world. This is the US and as one of my buddies told me he knew more liberals in Vietnam than cons.

I respect all Americans and voted for presidents on the left and on the right. I will never let my politics become so polarized that I only see one side. The easiest people to manipulate are the ones who become so polarized that they see themselves as the true patriots or saviors of the country.

They become the traitors quicker than the ones on the left.

This is the US not Azerbaijan.

and as my mom says you don't have to say who you are it shows.

Date: February 28, 2018 10:54AM

Date: February 28, 2018 03:24PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 04:43PM

wow, I go away for a bit and this place becomes fox news? yikes

Date: February 28, 2018 05:05PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 28, 2018 05:19PM

What started out as a thread about a former Dolphin in the news. has become....something else.

While I'm very happy that the discussion has been friendly and civil, this thread stopped being on topic a long time ago.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.