HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Landry Logic
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Landry Logic
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: February 21, 2018 04:06AM

I don't follow the logic of placing the franchise tag on Landry. Pay him $16 million per year instead of $14 million? I understand its only a one-year deal but still...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landry Logic
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 21, 2018 05:13AM

The logic is that Landry wants 16-20 mil a season. The team offered him a reported 14 mil and he told them to stick it in thier ear. Landry wants more than he's worth and we simply have little choice but to pay him. Hes got us over a barrell.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 21, 2018 05:26AM

Pay him hes worth it.

He is one of the best players we have.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: February 21, 2018 05:45AM

You know what happens if Miami lets him walk. I would overpay him by the 2 mil a year he wants at a minimum than face him twice a year. They would also have to find a replacement that can produce like he did.

Give him more in guarantee or something. Not sure if that would make him happy. Salary cap is only going up.

I think if they lose Landry they will lose a lot of fans in the process. Specially if they keep Pouncey and keep paying him not to play.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: February 21, 2018 07:39AM

They overpaid to bring Suh here but since Landry started here & proved his worth lets go cheap on him.

That sounds like something the Jets used to do. Oh wait, I forgot who now works for Miami.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 21, 2018 09:20AM

Im thinking they wan the draft pick they will be compensated if another team picks him up. Bills have 2 picks in rnd 1, Raven are said to be hot on him.

Date: February 21, 2018 09:39AM

I was actually thinking the same thing as you mizzou. Could be a ploy to just get a first rounder for him.

So you either lose him and get nothing in return. You pay him his money and let him continue to produce (I don't care that he is a hot head...I love his play...and he is a team guy) or you try and get the most for him via trade.

Honestly I thought the Dolphins would do the first thing.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 21, 2018 10:01AM

Yeah I think I read that the compensation for him in the 2019 draft would be a 3rd rounder. Deduct from that our potential FA signings and we could end up w/ nothing. I am for bringing him back but I also wonder if he is a big detraction. Rolling the dice on will he continue to be the hot headed guy barking at the qb (you don't win with that type) or will he settle down. From the Phins side they don't appear to have much faith in the latter. I really think they want him gone.

Good move by the f/o.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 21, 2018 10:45AM

Personally, I'd pay him too...

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 21, 2018 05:59PM

only the most poorly run team would pay a receiver who averages 8 yards a catch like he was Antonio Brown. guess we have our answer.
Patriots are paying Edleman like 1/3 that amount, if that. If he wanted a penny more they'd tell him to take a hike and find another slot guy, they are not hard to find.
At this point the best outcome (short of Landry taking a reasonable deal in the 10-12 mm range which he won't) is for some sucker team to give us a 3d round pick for him. But I can't see anyone giving up a pick and a ton of cash for a slot guy.

Date: February 22, 2018 01:14AM

Salaries only go up...That is the way the business is run now. Look at how much the QB's are getting. Pretty sure Kirk Cousins is about to get paid. He will be in the top 3 for sure. Is he a top 3 QB?

Edleman plays with arguably the best QB in the league right now (it so painful saying that) and for a coach that is a genius. Edleman is a little baby back bitch without Brady. Let Edleman come to Miami and produce the way Landry has.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 05:51AM

Perhaps if Tannenbaum hadn't done things like extending Alonzo ($28.9 million over four years, with $18.5 million guaranteed) and Branch (three-year, $24 million) we'd be in better position to sign players like Landry who actually, you know, make plays.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 08:17AM

We always let go of our best players....Thats why we stink like we do.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:47AM

I've often wondered what it would be like to have people that... know what they're doing running the team... It's been sooooo long since we've had anything resembling that.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 25, 2018 02:28PM

moving him for a 2nd ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.