Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannehill is way better than brady.
Tannehill is way better than brady.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 05, 2018 11:06AM

WHAT you all thought i meant as a qb?

I meant as a receiver.....I mean did you not see this cow brady playing receiver and trying to catch a pass?

Brady might be a billion times better than the wet firecracker as a qb though.

Anybody is better than brady as a receiver.

Maybe A OT is faster than him. HEHEHEHEHE

GO PHINS.

Re: Tannehill is way better than brady.
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: February 05, 2018 12:58PM

well that gives me a thought and I am just going to throw it out there. Tranny was a wr his whole career except for the last half of his senior year. Who the hell thought he could play QB?? After 6 yrs he still is not a QB. Why dont we cut one of our recievers and tell tranny your going back to your real position and then draft a qb?? gonna have the same results with him behind center or on the outside. And while we are at this stupid experiment level that our coaches always seem to be in, why dont we make wake our TE? For 15yrs now we have tried to make players do what they cant do, it doesnt work, scrambling qb are not pocket passers, guards are not tackles, pussies are not lineman, balsa wood is not a center, an idiot is not a coach and the list goes on and on and on. Lol, sorry for the vent but what the hell try something new for a change. How about a fullback to help make holes since our line cant??

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: February 05, 2018 03:52PM

Tannehill was a QB who volunteered to play WR to help his team out. The time he spent playing WR in college is a credit to who he is, not a knock on him. I can't believe some people still haven't figured this out.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 05, 2018 04:30PM

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: February 05, 2018 06:28PM

well there ya have it chyren! why is everyone so afraid to admit tranny blows and will not take us to the super bowl?? a six year experiment is way to long for zero results. Get a QB. You know i have been here forever as my name suggests, but i do believe fiedler was better than tranny lol

Date: February 06, 2018 05:38AM

Although fiedler had better talent around him i agree he was better than tannehill.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 06, 2018 06:35AM

Im going to respectively disagree with you on that one Samsam. The only Phin (starting) qb that I would not take before Fiedler is Woodley. Man I hated Fiedler as a qb. Wasted a perfectly good defense having that guy trying to run our O. Wannsted had the D playing well but had his head up some place with his stubborn insistence that Fiedler could run the O. Having a 3rd string qb from Jville replacing Marino is still a memory that I cannot let go.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: February 06, 2018 07:30AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Although fiedler had better talent around him i
> agree he was better than tannehill.

Did I stumble into the comedy section of this phorum??? That is laughable SamSam....However, I do agree that he had much better talent around him. Specifically on D

I wanted to do a stats comparison but honestly I am to lazy and a lot of people hate when stats are thrown out there all willy nilly...

I do know that in his (Fiedler) 5 seasons with the phins he only played 16 games once. Tannehill's first 5 years he missed 3 games total. While taking a more brutal beating than Fiedler ever took.

I do agree that we need to start looking at more QB options for the future but it is not the most glaring need.

Date: February 06, 2018 08:08AM

I dont know why you guys hate fiedler so much.

I remember many great afternoons while he was the qb....And yes he wasbetter than tannehill..Especially beating the jets and pats....

At least he played in the playoffs.

Tannehill has had 5 seasons or 6 and yet to throw a pass in the playoffs.

Date: February 06, 2018 08:23AM

I never said I hated Fiedler I just think it is crazy to say he was better than Tannehill. I actually enjoyed those days of phin football. No politics and straight up crushing people.

Playoffs don't mean shit to me when you talk about 1 person. As stated previously, Fiedler always had a better team to compete.

Dilfer must be better than Marino since he won a Superbowl.

Date: February 06, 2018 08:41AM

Date: February 06, 2018 09:16AM

Now I know you are just trolling saying anyone is better than Tannehill. It WAS fun to watch the fins during Fielder's time but I would not say that was because of him. Come on now!!!! I watched for Zach and JT during that era.

My statement was 1 person does not make the playoffs. Saying Fielder is better because he was in the playoffs was a dumb argument. You make the playoffs as an entire team.

No shit you would pick Marino. As would any logical person ever.

Date: February 06, 2018 12:16PM

Well if you like Marino, why would you pass on the truck allowing you to pick either Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield or Rudolph, just to accumulate 3rd and Fourth round picks to protect either Tanny or whoever we have to pick up on the market after we learn Tanny is not coming back or if he does, in the year after that when there is not such a great crop???????

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 06, 2018 12:25PM

Here are the stats:

JF vs RT, career:

Att- 1717 / 2637
Comp - 1008 / 1653
% - 58.7 / 62.7
Yds - 11844 / 18455
Td - 69 / 106
Int - 66 / 66

Best single season JF vs RT:

Att - 450 / 590
Comp - 273 / 392
% - 60.7 / 66.4
Yds - 3290 / 4045
Td - 20 / 27
Int - 19 / 12

Hmmm, looks pretty clear cut who is better from the numbers.

Date: February 06, 2018 12:49PM

In all honesty chryen I don't follow college one bit and don't know squat about any of those guys...could they be the next Marino?

I just personally think we have other glaring needs. I have no issue if you and a few others want a QB. That is your business.

My Marino statement was just a comparison.

Date: February 06, 2018 12:51PM

Thanks for doing the stats Ken.

Date: February 06, 2018 12:57PM

Best class since Newton, Luck, Tannehill, etc.

Date: February 06, 2018 02:42PM

Newton wasn't in that class was he? I know Wilson was. I am getting old so my memory isn't what it once was

Date: February 06, 2018 03:11PM

I had more fun watching the offense when fiedler played than when tannehill played....

We will never get anywhere with tannehill. He sucks.

Date: February 06, 2018 03:15PM

And let the record show i gave tannehill the benefit of the doubt for 2 or 3 years....And he never became a good QB.,,,,,,I even called him tannehill the real deal.

ChrenB is witness of that.

Date: February 06, 2018 04:47PM

Yup. Will now check on whether Cam was in Tanny's class.

Date: February 06, 2018 04:53PM

Yup, I CONFUSED him with RG III.

Date: February 07, 2018 01:12AM

Sticky Ricky and Chambers played with fiedler. Maybe they are the reason you enjoyed that offense more. Chambers is one of my all time fav dolphins. I think Ronnie Brown may have played a year or 2 under Fiedler also.

Date: February 07, 2018 03:05AM

I hated Fiedler because I knew he was a mediocre qb (less that that actually) who was not going to get us anywhere. We were winning in spite of him. We had a great defense and as mentioned Ricky and Chambers. With a real qb that was enough to get us over the top. Wannestedt wanted a safe qb. That was his downfall like too many DC who get HC positions. We were never going deep into the playoffs w/ Fiedler at the helm. Yeah I hated that guy we wasted a good team. Hate him as a Phin qb overall he was a good guy.

Fiedler had 1 NFL start prior to his Phins career and 0 after. Once again proving the Phins are the laughing stock of the nfl. Suckers!!

Crap year I take Tanne over that guy.

Date: February 07, 2018 04:42AM

Date: February 07, 2018 04:47AM

And finnally with that said.....I'd be more than happy if he proves me wrong one day.

Date: February 07, 2018 06:43AM

QB has not been a good topic since Marino left.

Date: February 07, 2018 07:30AM

Shoot I had high hopes when we got Harrington....haha...

I just feel as though Tannehill has been the best QB we have had since Marino. But that is not saying a whole lot either. I just don't think any previous QB's can compete with him. So I am willing to give it time to see how he bounces back. Draft a QB to groom but don't reach since there are more important needs.

Date: February 07, 2018 07:46AM

I agree Tanne has been the best but we have to do better at qb. I really wanted to see him build off what he did in 2016. Although 19td/12ints? still left a lot to be desired it was his best year. This year I think we have to bring in a vet to challenge him for the job and add a rookie from the draft.

Date: February 07, 2018 10:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.