HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Now it's only the draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Now it's only the draft
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 31, 2017 03:34PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Now it's only the draft
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 31, 2017 04:02PM

I know you want a QB Chreynb but Browns and NY Giants are almost guaranteed to take a QB with their picks. Who is left?

Date: December 31, 2017 04:16PM

Answer to Toko.

Ourlads projects

Josh Rosen (UCLA) at number 4
Baker Mayfield (Okla) at number 15
Sam Darnold (USC) at number 17
Mason Ruldolp (Okla. St.) at number 27

Date: December 31, 2017 06:37PM

Date: January 01, 2018 06:04AM

With a #9 -# 11 spot in the draft the odds are VERY good other teams will want to trade up. I am NOT advocating what position to take only that we need extra picks to be competitive. We are not a team that is one player out of being competitive at any position.

Trade down. Possibly twice and garner more picks for 2019.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 01, 2018 11:41AM

I think a trade down would be good, if it nets a few more picks. There are 2 other teams that pick ahead of Miami that also need QBs, The Jets and Broncos.

I'd like the trade down or a QB on the other side of the field: Someone like Roquan Smith, Georgia. A good GM will get Smith AND the trade down.

Date: January 01, 2018 12:45PM

Toko, I've been a fan of this team since the fall of 1967, 50 years. I've only seen success on this team when we picked either BPA or BPAAPON. Drafting is always an iffy proposition at best. The guy you pass on might be great. But if you grab him, he might be a disappointment if not a bust.

Yes, you make a good point about the Jets and the Broncos picking ahead of us and needing QB but out of Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield and Rudolph, we just need one.

As I said, it was very odd to see FALES play the entire game at QB.

Think about it.

Date: January 01, 2018 12:59PM

Take a look at Roquan, Cheryn- the kid has a nose for the ball...he looks a little thin but he's young. Most importantly is that he can cover TE's, and even slot recievers- and delivers some solid, clean, by-the-book shoulder tackling. I think he would be the definitive BPA at number 11 and just so happens that MLB is a weakness on this team. On this year's crop of QBs- I believe there are 3 that might pan out of those 3 maybe 1 of them has the dedication it requires to work hard enough to become a legitimate NFL QB. The odds of selecting that one guy when so many other teams need a QB too-- it just doesn't sound good to me. This might not be the year to be looking for that guy. Hard to look into the 2018 season just yet, but I just don't see a miracle turn-around- so maybe that future HOF QB is sitting there in the early picks of round one 2019. A good trade gets us that guy.

Date: January 01, 2018 01:30PM

I hear you Toko. The problem is that the best thing for a QB to do is to at least sit his rookie year. Dan Marino and a few others being the exception that proves the rule.

With respect to 2019, the problem is that this is the best QB class I have seen since Cousins, Tannehill, Luck, Wilson and RGIII.

As Mark Anthony said, "This was a Caesar! When comes such another?"

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 01, 2018 03:28PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hear you Toko. The problem is that the best
> thing for a QB to do is to at least sit his rookie
> year. Dan Marino and a few others being the
> exception that proves the rule.
>
> With respect to 2019, the problem is that this is
> the best QB class I have seen since Cousins,
> Tannehill, Luck, Wilson and RGIII.
>
> As Mark Anthony said, "This was a Caesar! When
> comes such another?"

Out of those QBs you mentioned, Cousins and Luck (could) be a hot commodity. Just sayin'.

Date: January 01, 2018 03:39PM

Well, Cap, I think Wilson, Luck, RGIII and Tannehill have proven their worth. So I don't understand your point. Mine was that the class of Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold and Rudolph compares.

Date: January 01, 2018 04:07PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well, Cap, I think Wilson, Luck, RGIII and
> Tannehill have proven their worth. So I don't
> understand your point. Mine was that the class of
> Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold and Rudolph compares.

Wilson wasn't even on the Radar. Lucky 3rd round pick. Had a killer defense.

RGIII is so good he was cut by his drafting team after they gave up so much for him.

Luck......injured pretty often. Hes the best of the bunch as reported but hardly what the Colts were hoping for when they cut ties with Peyton Manning for him.

So if this class compares.........I'm not impressed.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 02, 2018 01:11PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well, Cap, I think Wilson, Luck, RGIII and
> Tannehill have proven their worth. So I don't
> understand your point. Mine was that the class of
> Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold and Rudolph compares.

What I was saying is that Cousins and Luck are going to be sought after free agents. Teams that need QB help will be trying to get those guys on their rosters. That isn't to say they won't be drafting a QB.

RG III was a one-year wonder. Who knows what he could have become if he didn't get injured. But, unless I am off track, Cousins and Luck will be free agents.

Cousins will be the one QB teams will try to get; because of Luck's injuries, its hard to say what will happen.

Date: January 02, 2018 01:54PM

Oh, I see. You're thinking free agency.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: January 05, 2018 06:04PM

Honestly, even though we have lots of needs, I really think there's only one way to go in the 1st round, unless there just isn't a player at this position, sitting at #11, who is any good.

Linebacker.

Linebacker.

Linebacker.

Yeah, sure, we could use a TE, a backup RB, a backup QB, oline depth (and maybe a starter at RT), another DE, and maybe a S that's good in coverage. But our LB's were just absolutely HORRID this year. Getting Raewkon McMillan back might help, but I don't want to take any chances. We have GOT to get LB help.

Date: January 05, 2018 06:43PM

Date: January 06, 2018 11:53AM

Date: January 06, 2018 12:15PM

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: January 06, 2018 06:55PM

> Look for a fast smart MLB and 2 athletic corners.

Well, you can never have enough good CB's, but... I don't think we really need 2 new corners. Xavien Howard is pretty good and Tankersley was decent for a rookie. He should continue to improve. AND we should get Tony Lippett back this coming season. Bobby McCain has been improving as well.

I don't have any objection to adding more corners, but I would probably only look to add 1 in the draft, unless there are two "can't pass up" prospects there. OTOH, even though our starting safeties are solid in general, I question just how good they are in pass coverage. I really wouldn't mind seeing one more good young safety added as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2018 06:56PM by Doctor Feelgood.

Date: January 06, 2018 07:29PM

Our Corners are beat constantly. I did notice Howard making great strides in the man to man though. Definitely need depth there. The Zone defense in the last few games killed us. It was horrible and they refused to change it up. Penalties hurt us as well.

A great MLB has escaped us since Zack left . MALIK JEFFERSON leads the linebacking corps in the draft another TEXAS player! But I'd rather see the phins draft down. pick up additional picks and grab someone like T.J. EDWARDS from WISCONSIN.

If we go defense. I'd much rather see Pouncy cut and go for a Center like Frank Ragnow or Billy Price. With additional picks get an OT like Orlando Brown. 6-8 360!!! That will improve shit pronto!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 07, 2018 08:08AM

I think we need to draft a backup QB and I'd love to see Luke Falk in our uniform. Question is do we take him at 11. I think that's too high for him..so we'd have to trade down and either take him in the bottom of the first or at the top of the second. Because I dont think he'll be there when we pick in the second without a trade down and us netting an earlier second.

We need at least two linebackers like nobody's business and they both have to be fast with good coverage skills. Great choices would be Tremaine Edmunds or Dorance Armstrong Jr. for OLB, Roquan Smith or Malik Jefferson for ILB.

Beyond that TE is an absolute must. Mark Andrews, Dallas Goedert or Caleb Wilson are my favorites.

And OL is another must. Mike McGlinchey or Quenton Nelson would be good choices even though 11 is a tad high for a guard in Nelson's case.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 08:39PM by Ken.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.