HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Draft QB'S
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Draft QB'S
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 20, 2017 12:48PM

Not too soon to start talking about the draft and prospects now that we are for all intents and purposes not going to the playoffs.

Here are three QB's that preliminarilly at least, that I think we should look at as developmental guys to back up RT, potentially Replace Moore and compete with Fales.

1. Luke Falk
2. Jarrett Stidham
3. Kurt Benkert

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Draft QB'S
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 21, 2017 02:53AM

You take one in the 2nd or 3rd to compete with Tannehill. He's 30, coming off a major knee injury, and is still an unknown.

Date: December 21, 2017 02:54AM

If Mayfield is there when we pick in the first I'd take him.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 21, 2017 04:25AM

I like Riley Ferguson as a developmental guy. Great arm and with good coaching could be a decent prospect.

Date: December 21, 2017 04:56AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Mayfield is there when we pick in the first I'd
> take him.

He's the one I wouldnt touch because he won the Hiesman. That pretty much means his career is over.

Date: December 21, 2017 06:15AM

Ken......Lol

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 21, 2017 12:54PM

Date: December 22, 2017 01:19AM

Mayfield or not the point is we already have a "developmental" guy earmarked as the starter in 18.

When drafted 8th overall the team should know what it has entering his 6th season as the undisputed starter.

We need to use a pick in the first 3 rounds to compete with Tannehill. We are where we are because we haven't done that the last 3 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2017 01:22AM by jsm08.

Date: December 22, 2017 07:23AM

Yes they are...Staubach, Plunkett, Testaverde, Newton, and Palmer are the only ones that were or are any good with Newton and Palmer and Bradford being pretty inconsistent overall. Most of his career Plunkett stunk and the jury is out on Winston.

Odds are historically speaking a Hiesman winning QB will be bad and not have a good career...and will not win a superbowl.

Date: December 22, 2017 10:48AM

What about Spurrier? Are you saying the Titans are willing to get rid of Mariota?

Jim Plunkett stunK?????

Hey, this is getting to sound like your own personal opinion and of course everything we discuss on this board is only just that but you don't like Spurrier and you put him down, you don't like Mariota and you put him down.

Hey, you made a statement that was a broad OVERstatement which was Heisman Quarterbacks stink therefore if one follows the logic of that statement then if a QB is a Heisman winner, pass on him but if he is a Heisman runner up or not even in the running for Heisman, grab him.

That, as Mr. Spock would say, is illogical.

Date: December 22, 2017 02:54PM

Spurrer was a sub par pro QB...as a coach well, different story. Marriota has been mid pack at best although he does have time to turn it around. Yes, Plunkett stunk at every stop prior to his arrival in Oakland where he was very successful for a whopping three of his 15 seasons, so yes he was mostly bad and posted a losing record in nine of his 15 seasons. The only player I used the word stunk on was Plunkett, who got kicked off of two of his three teams. And yes if you look at the careers, playoffs, and championships Hiesman winning QB overall are usually not very good and not successful. Not just my opinion.

Date: December 22, 2017 03:49PM

LOL, you do know Bob Griese came within votes of being the Heisman?

So LOL, I guess it was a great thing for us that he lost.

Maybe you were just tongue in cheek when you said that a Heisman winner is cursed to be a failure in the pros....or was it just when that winner was a QB? Some of those rbs didn't have too bad of a career.

Anyway....

Date: December 23, 2017 04:25AM

Chyrene buddy.....can you ever just look at a statement and laugh?

That was funny. Ha Ha.Lol. move on.

You take everything so literal , loosen up some in 2018 brother. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 23, 2017 05:04AM

Just quarterbacks who win the hiesman, the failure rate with them is much different than with other positions.

Now I am convinced that this is mostly due to Hiesman winning Quarterbacks being drafted by the very worst of teams. It is interesting that overwhelmingly if you win that trophy you will be a pro failure and will never go to, much less win a title.

Yes, lucky for us Bob didn't win...which gave him the chance to actually be good.

Date: December 23, 2017 05:42AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just quarterbacks who win the hiesman, the failure
> rate with them is much different than with other
> positions.
>
> Now I am convinced that this is mostly due to
> Hiesman winning Quarterbacks being drafted by the
> very worst of teams. It is interesting that
> overwhelmingly if you win that trophy you will be
> a pro failure and will never go to, much less win
> a title.
>
> Yes, lucky for us Bob didn't win...which gave him
> the chance to actually be good.

Boom. Exactly Ken. Not everyone, but generally the best players go to the worst teams. Does it mean failure? Of course not.....but it makes it a bunch more difficult to succeed for sure.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 23, 2017 07:59AM

Date: December 23, 2017 09:57AM

You are one of a kind.

I can pretty much garantee he meant it as a joke. A funny statement to illicit laughter. I laughed. You didn't. You need to do more of that.

Don't analyze that. Don't go look up how many times others laughed vs. How many that didnt.dont start a poll. Just try to laugh more .

Ever watch the movie Stripes? Lighten up francis.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 23, 2017 06:08PM

Date: December 24, 2017 07:30AM

Date: December 24, 2017 08:29AM

Date: December 24, 2017 10:30AM

Date: December 24, 2017 11:01AM

Most analyses are our offense against their defense or their offense against our defense. But we are losing both battles this time with the only exception being I think Cutler is playing very well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.