HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Bills: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dolphins v. Bills: Game Day Thread
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 17, 2017 11:39AM

Losing patience with Parker waiting for him to elevate his game...at least Drake is looking more and more like a legit back for us after three good games in a row.

Next year we get McMillan back, RT back, add another LB, put Alonzo on the bench or cut him, add a TE that can actually play, draft a replacement for Wake and solidify the OL with draft picks. We should be good going into the season after that. On paper at least.

Oh and draft a replacement for Moore and for Parker while we are at it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 17, 2017 11:42AM

Yeah, if Cutler is here it'll be as Moore's replacement along with a hefty salary reduction.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 17, 2017 11:55AM

Ken, he's talking about his lover, Tannehill. He's saying that since (as he thinks) Tannehill will recover from his injury, there will be no reason to keep Cutler.

He also refuses to believe that we will draft a quarterback in the first round in April of 2018, although the 2018 quarterback class will be the best since the Luck draft of 2012.

Date: December 17, 2017 03:16PM

Never say never. I bet Shula never planned on taking a QB in the 83 draft after going to the Superbowl. But 13 fell in his lap. If an amazing QB drops likr Marino or even Aaron, sure....
But jumping up like we did for Dion Jordan would be dumber then a CNN facts page......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 17, 2017 03:44PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Never say never. I bet Shula never planned on
> taking a QB in the 83 draft after going to the
> Superbowl.

RESPONSE: WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

He very much did. I was sitting there at the Rose Bowl where the SuperBowl in 1983 (the Super Bowl before Dan was drafted) which was being played at the Rose Bowl and We didn't make a single first down in the fourth quarter. John Riggins just wore us down and David Woodley did not complete a single pass in the second half.

But that spring number 13 fell in Shula's lap.

>If an amazing
> QB drops likr Marino or even Aaron, sure....
> But jumping up like we did for Dion Jordan would
> be dumber then a CNN facts page......

But, dude. I posted the QBs available in this draft.

There is Josh Rosen from UCLA,
Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
Sam Darnold, USC
Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State

These are just those on OurLads top 33 draftees at all positions.

Assuming a normal distribution of other positions being picked, one of those guys should be available when we pick.

Now are either one of them guaranteed to be a Marino? Guaranteed? Hell no.

But no quarterback who has come out since 1982 when Dan did has become a Marino either.

But are you saying you will not take anything less?

You'd turn your nose up at a Brady or Aaron Rodgers?????

Come on, dude. I'm channeling Randy Jackson "Come on, Dog!!!!"

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 18, 2017 03:23AM

It's Monday morning...and I had to "sleep on it."

When the offense rolls the defense also picks their game up. Similarly when the offense flubs like it did yesterday, the defense is not capable of holding opponents. Whether it's because of too much time on the field or a mental attitude of "we can't."

Much of what took place yesterday is on Cutler and by much, I mean, 70 percent. His timing was off, his touch was off, his ability to make good decisions--wasn't there. He reminded me of a skeet shooter kind of firing the gun in the area he thought would hit the clay. His performance is classic Cutler. Whatever, happened in the Patriots game--all of the above in a positive way--disappeared. The offense sputtered. Once the Bills realized they had a typical Cutler, they could focus on stopping Drake. Mentally, the defense shrunk like a wilted dandelion.

Gase was beside himself, and if you read lips, you saw he was pissed with the ineptitude of his players yesterday. However, he also is part of the problem and that problem is play calling. The play calling was "obvious." My cat could figure out what was a next, if my cat cared about football. That goes for our smart collies too. We have no chimp so we have no one here to throw darts at the play calling board to help out Gase. eye popping smiley In my opinion, Gase should go sit in the corner or do a few laps around the field. If Ross was to let him and the entire staff go, I wouldn't be crying in my beer. Yet, I have to remember, that 70 percent is on Cutler. As I had commented earlier, he should have announced his 2nd retirement following the game with the Patriots--his first win against them ever. Nothing like going out victorious--but he didn't.

This season was suspect and I pretty much believed we would only win 4 games. We are at 6...better than I expected. Nevertheless, the franchise must look to acquiring a new QB in the draft. Ross and company can't ignore that position thinking that Tannehill will be just fine, that his layoff improved his ability, and that next year will be far better than this year's miserable performance. Tannehill is damaged goods and likely will never reach the level of ability some people thought he would reach.

What else? Oh yeah. Kiko Alonso has a "motor", I'll give him that. My 66 VW had one two, but it did not compare to my friend's GTO engine. Alonzo is a VW at LB when we need a muscle car there. #54 was a muscle car! Alonzo should be a back up or on special teams.

Who else? Julius Thomas--I consider him a TE bust. He blocks like a piece of straw, moves two slowly in his routes, and has average hands at best. He is nothing to write home about. Charles Clay easily proved to be a better player than Thomas. Fasano blocks well, catches when thrown too, but can't make much yardage after the catch.

What happens in last few games will only verify the Dolphins weaknesses. Fans need to bear with it again and hope and pray that someday this blind squirrel of a football franchise will find a "nut."

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 18, 2017 04:01AM

colonel Wrote:
ch.
>
> What happens in last few games will only verify
> the Dolphins weaknesses. Fans need to bear with it
> again and hope and pray that someday this blind
> squirrel of a football franchise will find a
> "nut."

Colonel, you have expressed my opinion exactly. If I thought that we had the people in place to fix the many areas that need fixing, I wouldn't be near as bummed about the season as I am. The reality is that we don't have those people and therefore, next year will play out pretty much like this one did. Last year we had huge holes in the offensive line. What did Tannenbaum and Grier do? Signed Larson and drafted Asiata. Larson is a perennial backup and Asiata couldn't break into the lineup on the worst offensive line in the NFL. Meanwhile no effort was made to sign one of the two star guards available in free agency. Plus the first round pick was wasted on a player that an equivalent talent could easily have been had in the 2nd or even third or fourth rounds. Forrest Lamp would have made so much more sense in the first. The season was effectively lost when no effort was made to fix the offensive line that even a casual fan had to know would be a disaster.What has happened this year that makes anyone think that Tannenbaum will suddenly become competent? My only question is how many losing seasons will Ross allow until he finally realizes that his personnel people are the main problem?

Date: December 18, 2017 04:46AM

Cutler was in fact off all day no doubt but the only players on our team that looked like they wanted to excel yesterday were Landry and Drake.

Problems all season have been, in no particular order.

1. Alonzo playing out of position all year due to McMillan getting injured.

2. Our secondary having to be rushed to play due to early season injuries and poor play by projected starters. (This will be a benefit next season but this year not so much.)

3. Tannehil getting hurt. Really needed him this season. (IMHO we would be sitting at 10 wins right now if he was under center)

4. Very poor tackling far to often.

5. Mostly poor blocking by the O-line.

6. Overreliance on DE's to pressure opposing QB's.

7. Parker MIA most of the year.

8. Far too many check downs either by design or necessity.

9. 12 games without a TE on the field.

10. Lack of execution.

11. Lack of attention to detail.

12. Lack of discipline.

We need more talent to overcome these problems, growth by
young emerging stars, a really good draft and FA period, some good luck, consistency in coaching, limited injuries and to have the players buy in to the fact that they can and will overcome these issues. The games against the Pats and Broncos serve as evidence that they can...good coaching points for next year.

Is that too much to ask for? We'll see.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 18, 2017 05:03AM

What else do you guys expect. We have a retired qb over the hill starting.

We can draft a very good qb at 6-10.

Hopefully the jets win the last 2 games so we can pick ahead ofthem.

Date: December 18, 2017 05:35AM

Sam, remember the last QB that Tannenbaum drafted in the first round. He actually traded up for him. Gave up picks for the right to select.....Mark "Butt-fumble" Sanchez.

Date: December 18, 2017 06:47AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Sam, remember the last QB that Tannenbaum drafted
> in the first round. He actually traded up for him.
> Gave up picks for the right to select.....Mark
> "Butt-fumble" Sanchez.

Yes but we gotta keep trying until we pick the right qb.

And gaze will probably have something to say about the pick as well...He probably authorizes it to be done.

Date: December 18, 2017 08:57AM

I've always been of the opinion that you draft a QB every year. Certainly not with your first round pick, but in the 3rd or 4th, you take a flyer on one. GB has done it historically and it's worked well. They had Farve and they drafted Rodgers. They had Rodgers and they drafted Hundley. I only wish we'd drafted Jimmy Garoppolo when we had the opportunity. He's looking very good in SF.

Date: December 18, 2017 09:03AM

There will be other ones.....The key is to pick the right one which its easier said than done.

But if you keep trying, eventually you will end up with a good one.

Since marino, we have picked one qb in the first round ( tannehill )
thats why we have stunk so bad for many years.

We have had so many chances and passed on good qbs, brees, matt ryan, etc etc.

If this doesnt change we be stinking for the next 20 years as well.

Date: December 18, 2017 09:05AM

We also passed on randy moss took john avery instead, also drafted eddie moore but thats something else.

Date: December 18, 2017 10:43AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> We also passed on randy moss took john avery
> instead, also drafted eddie moore but thats
> something else.

OMG. That was the worst draft pick ever. I remember the announcers on ESPN going Eddie Who? They all had to flip to the very back of thier notes to see who he was.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 18, 2017 11:00AM

Needless to say, I agree with SamSam, Fins72.

Date: December 18, 2017 04:46PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Needless to say, I agree with SamSam, Fins72.

NO!? Talk about lovers.....You know smoking Cubans IS against the law dont you Chyrene? grinning smileydrinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 18, 2017 04:55PM

My wife had to pick me off the floor, Treasure. LOL.

Date: December 19, 2017 05:14AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Needless to say, I agree with SamSam, Fins72.
>
>
> NO!? Talk about lovers.....You know smoking
> Cubans IS against the law dont you Chyrene? grinning smileydrinking smiley

You agree with me too tcpf. You just won't admit it.

You say that to chren because you are ticked off that tannehill is almost a bust.

And every dolphin fan wants tannehill to do good. He is just on his last legs.

Admit we were just not successfull with tannehill.

I wish him well but i just do not see us making the playoffs with him starting at qb for this team.

I hope iam wrong but thats what i believe.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: December 19, 2017 05:57AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> -----
> > ChyrenB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Needless to say, I agree with SamSam, Fins72.
> >
> >
> > NO!? Talk about lovers.....You know smoking
> > Cubans IS against the law dont you Chyrene?
> grinning smileydrinking smiley
>
>
> You agree with me too tcpf. You just won't admit
> it.
>
> You say that to chren because you are ticked off
> that tannehill is almost a bust.
>
> And every dolphin fan wants tannehill to do good.
> He is just on his last legs.
>
> Admit we were just not successfull with
> tannehill.
>
> I wish him well but i just do not see us making
> the playoffs with him starting at qb for this
> team.
>
> I hope iam wrong but thats what i believe.

Like last year?

I know Tannehill is not our solution at QB but he is so much better than anything we have at this moment or even in the past 5-10 years. He gets crapped on a lot but he is a very serviceable QB that could take a slightly above average all around team to the playoffs. Problem is this team is average at best.

Date: December 19, 2017 07:20AM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 19, 2017 09:19AM

Date: December 19, 2017 10:06AM

Amen and add Dusty Springfield's warning about "Wishing and Hoping."

Date: December 19, 2017 10:40AM

If we do not draft a qb in the first round this year....Then it will be the same crap all over again.

Another wasted year without drafting a qb in the first round.

The longer we wait the longer it takes for the rebuilding process. And for the new QB to develop.

Can we ever get over this hump?

It starts with drafting a qb as high as we can. Over and over till we find the right one.

I wanted parker at wr and we got him...Jury still out.

This year i wanted deshaun watson....Man is he turning out a good qb.

Next year i want that qb that scrambles...he is black....forgot his name....He will be really good but we will have to trade up to get him...We will see. Lamar jackson.

He will be a better version of the bills current qb.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.