HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Interesting observation.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Interesting observation.....
Date: December 08, 2017 05:20AM

Here in South Florida we are IN THE SEASON. Snowbirds flock from Canada, and all destination Northeast. Traffic has doubled since Thanksgiving.

That said in the 17 yrs since I've moved down here Patriot / Dolphin tickets are a premium. Most season ticket holders I know sell them at inflated prices to Pats fans and that pays for half the season.go to the game and it's half Pats fans easy.

A Monday night Pats game!? BIG BUCKS $$$.

THIS YEAR? Can't give them away. The Dolphins have contacted my city and offered us tickets at cost. They just tried to bribe us with on the field access BEFORE the game.

400 cops proud and United said No Thank you. Our union is sticking strong and no first responders are attending.

I'm proud of Everyone and even New England fans that said you can't bribe me.The NFL needs to change.

Maybe the first non sellout Monday night game in history.

All becuase Gronk got suspended....grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 05:22AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting observation.....
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 08, 2017 07:50AM

hmm Dolfans are probably tired of the annual slaughter, but there is also the end of Art Basel- so its a weird weekend in Miama. I can't explain the Pats fans turning down seeing this game, but maybe because of the art stuff, hotels/accommodations were too pricy for them to travel this year. I don't think the kneeling thing has much to do with attendance. Maybe the NFL fan base is beginning to atrophy in general because of the rise of soccer, and the general slowness that has infected the NFL with all the commercials and replay breaks.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 08, 2017 08:56AM

I think you guys are overthinking this. Who wants to drive to and from a game that promises to be poor (based on this team's other showings in prime time this year, and of course our lack of success against this opponent) at this time of year, when you can watch the game (or, turn it off) on TV? Have you driven in Dade or Broward lately? Horror show.

Rick

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 08, 2017 09:03AM

If Miami was 8-4 instead of 5-7, I expect it would have been a sellout. Honestly, with the exception of beating a bad team last week, this team has looked awful. I think it's as simple as that.

Date: December 08, 2017 09:19AM

Think what you wish.......but I know personally 3000 people in my area all union members and their families that would have went if the NFL changed their policy as did the NBA.

How many others feel the same way? Enough for sure.PATS fans are diehearts. I'm proud of them actually. Becuase being American is more important then any team. Any PATS fan wants to hang Monday night I'm down.thumbs up

Jets fans can still go @#$%& themselves though.smoking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 02:50PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 08, 2017 10:23AM

Where's your loyalty to your former city where you were employed, Treasure?winking smiley

Date: December 08, 2017 02:55PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where's your loyalty to your former city where you
> were employed, Treasure?winking smiley

No loyalty. I left NYC for a reason. Much prefer The Treasure Coast of South Florida. I hear people tell me all the time how great NYC is. "Fing Brooklyn rules!" I tell them all the time.....Then GO THE F BACK! Complete shit hole. I was really pleasantly surprised how much I dug Boston though. Thats a great city . I'm a Celtics and a Red Sox fan too. Just love my Dolphins and hate the Pats.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 08, 2017 03:19PM

Why do you always leave me on the floor, helpless, laughing???????

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 08, 2017 03:42PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> go to the game and it's half Pats fans
> easy.

This is how it used to be with Jets games. New Yawkers would fly down for a long weekend and fill up the stadium with their sorry selves. Used to piss me off.

> 400 cops proud and United said No Thank you. Our
> union is sticking strong and no first responders
> are attending.
>

What is the facility doing for security? Hiring Wackenhut guards or something? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 08, 2017 03:51PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:

I hear people
> tell me all the time how great NYC is..... I tell them all the
> time.....Then GO THE F BACK!

Hahahhhhaaa that's EXACTLY what I used to say. If it was soooo great then?

> I was really
> pleasantly surprised how much I dug Boston though.
> Thats a great city .

It sure is. It's why I ended up moving here. Don't know if you know anyone on the police department up here but they've come a long way, in a good direction. You'd fit right in up here TCPF lol.

> I'm a Celtics and a Red Sox
> fan too.

Celtics are unreal right now.! Gordon Hayward breaks his leg BADLY five minutes into the season but here we are with the best record in the NBA! Great team.

Date: December 10, 2017 09:53AM

JC Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > go to the game and it's half Pats fans
> > easy.
>
> This is how it used to be with Jets games. New
> Yawkers would fly down for a long weekend and fill
> up the stadium with their sorry selves. Used to
> piss me off.
>
>
> > 400 cops proud and United said No Thank you.
> Our
> > union is sticking strong and no first
> responders
> > are attending.
> >
>
> What is the facility doing for security? Hiring
> Wackenhut guards or something? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh no.......the PAID detail for Cops is still there. Cops are still taking there money gladly. But No cops I know of in South Florida , or first res ponders at all are paying to see games. Shame because I saw the Old Logo being painted on the field yesterday. That used to be my weak spot.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.