HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Devante Parker
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Devante Parker
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 29, 2017 05:24AM

Bill Parcells once famously said, "If they don't bite as pups, they probably don't bite." Parker has been soft since he came to Miami. I'd sit his ass on the bench and give Rashawn Scott or anyone else for that matter an opportunity. Season is over and Parker is a hang nail away from being inactive anyway. He's the player who Gase should've traded away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Devante Parker
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 29, 2017 04:04PM

Soft? How about "fragile." Parker has never shown us "true grit" and has largely been a big disappointment considering his college pedigree. Injury prone at this level of play. It looks like the Dolphins lost on the dice roll with him.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 01, 2017 05:38AM

You guys are blind. Devante parker was playing very well with tannehill last year.

1. Tannehill is a starting QB in this league.

When you have

2. Jay Cutler who stinks and was retired..

and

3. Matt Moore who is a just a bad backup

Then you will struggle.

You guys need to wake up...

All this team is lacking is

1. A starting qb...

2.OL

3.OL

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 01, 2017 08:18AM

Parker played okay last year with 744 receptions yards and 4 touch downs. This season is a bust with Cutler and Moore at QB.

My point is that Parker isn't durable. He came to the Dolphins injured and continues to be quite susceptible to injuries that prevent him from performing at a 1st round level. He's under achieving considering he was the 13th pick in the draft.

Posted by: Mike8272 ()
Date: December 02, 2017 03:20AM

I like Parker, but the past two seasons have not resulted in the breakout year he was tipped to have, especially when you consider how high he was taken in the draft. If he doesn't breakout in his fourth season, I don't see how we can extend him because he hasn't done anything to warrant it. He's clearly got talent to be a #1 receiver but he hasn't proved it consistently yet. Hopefully he does, but I'm not overly optimistic that he will.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: December 02, 2017 07:30PM

If phins keep him over Landry I will just "lose it"

Date: December 04, 2017 11:16AM

1 catch for 5 yards against a team that more or less laid down. Parker is useless.

Posted by: Mike8272 ()
Date: December 05, 2017 03:30AM

This off season our front office needs to have a think about the future of this receiving core. Obviously extending Landry is a must as long as he takes a pay day in the same tier as Keenan Allen and Doug Baldwin (11.5 million a season) and not want paying like Julio Jones. We've got Stills signed to an extension already and he's proving to be an important part of our passing attack. So when it comes to Parker I would honestly consider trading him and looking to draft another big bodied receiver or potential #1 type receiver in the coming draft. Granted trading Parker comes with a risk that he breaks out elsewhere but I think so far he's not shown enough to warrant us taking out his fifth year option, franchise tagging him, or even extending him to a new contract.

Date: December 05, 2017 06:37AM

The problem with Parker is that he only excels when he's 100%. How many players are 100% the majority of a 16 game season? In this league, you have to play hurt because more often than not, you're going to be nursing some sort of ache or pain. Parker's entire career both in college and in the pros, he's been soft. It is what it is. The likelihood that he all of a sudden develops a tougher edge is pretty low. Time to move on.

Date: December 05, 2017 06:38AM

Parker will excell when he has a true qb throwing to him.

Cutler and moore are done.

Date: December 05, 2017 06:47AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Parker will excell when he has a true qb throwing
> to him.
>
> Cutler and moore are done.

Begs the question why hasn't not having a true QB caused the same issues for Stills and Landry? Parker has talent but he has to prove that he'll play well through injuries. Until he does that, he's useless.

Date: December 06, 2017 04:32AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Parker will excell when he has a true qb
> throwing
> > to him.
> >
> > Cutler and moore are done.
>
>
> Begs the question why hasn't not having a true QB
> caused the same issues for Stills and Landry?
> Parker has talent but he has to prove that he'll
> play well through injuries. Until he does that,
> he's useless.

Landry and still are doing ok but can be play to a pro bowl level with a good qb. They are not playing at pro bowl level right now.

If i remember correctly there were people on this site wanting to let go of landry because he has been struggling.

Date: December 06, 2017 05:52AM

My only issue with Landry is that he can be a hothead at times and likes to showboat too much for my taste. His talent and leadership is unquestionable and unlike Parker will play through injuries. Stills is our only deep threat and has helped the team with numerous big plays. Neither of these guys is the problem. Parker's 1 catch for 5 yards is a problem and I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on him. I'll admit that if he had Aaron Rodgers throwing to him, his numbers would be better but 1 catch for 5 yards is not a purely QB problem. If Parker isn't 100% healthy, he's a liability. Add to that his history of being fragile and I envision a short career for him.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: December 10, 2017 02:48AM

I hope that questions about trading away Landry have gone out the door. He is the heart and soul of this team. Clearly even with a pathetic quarterback such as Jay Cutler, Landry and Stills continue to play at a high level. Parker has struggled.
Clearly signing Landry in the offseason is a "must"!!

Date: December 10, 2017 09:58AM

steviec13 Wrote:
> I hope that questions about trading away Landry
> have gone out the door. He is the heart and soul
> of this team. Clearly even with a pathetic
> quarterback such as Jay Cutler, Landry and Stills
> continue to play at a high level. Parker has
> struggled.
> Clearly signing Landry in the offseason is a
> "must"!!

TRUE DAT! I'm not usually an Offense kind of guy. I loved Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor . Nothing better to me then seeing another Team punched in the mouth. I really like Kiko Alonso....but for me to say my favorite player is a RECEIVER? a Slot receiver !? That says alot for the player. The man is the goods.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 21, 2017 11:09AM

Parker misses another practice. Ankle problem. Add non-injury prone receiver to the list of needs this off season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.