HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Heading towards 4-12. No doubt.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Heading towards 4-12. No doubt.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 04:56AM

And draft a QB in the first round.

1. QB
2.OL
3.OL
4.OL
5.OL
6.OL
7.OL

Get the idea?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Heading towards 4-12. No doubt.
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 05:12AM

I believe we have an extra 4th and an extra 7th next year as well. Might as well throw 2 more OL in there.

I think the only position we are okay at is WR...RB is not horrible but def not bad compared to everything else.

I do not follow college much so I am not even sure if there are good QB prospects coming this year. If so why not go QB #1...If it is just a bunch of average QB's coming out then don't over spend.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 20, 2017 05:26AM

I said before the game that this was their one chance to get a win for the remainder of the year. Make no mistake, Miami could have the first 20 picks in next year's draft, and they will continue their downhill spiral because of who is running the draft and free agency. Make no mistake, Grier who is incompetent in his own right, isn't the final say on all matters of personnel. It's Tannenbaum. The blind leading the blind. The only ray of sunshine is the knowledge that Tannenbaum will eventually be fired. Eventually the optics of being last in the division year after year will cause Ross to move on from him despite the stubborn idiocy of employing someone for the sole reason of friendship. How many years it will take is the wild card. Suffice it to say that for at least the next several years, there will be very little to cheer about with this team. I can't root for another team. My heart wouldn't be in it. But, I've changed my plans on going to any games this year. I won't be interested in going to any games until Tannenbaum is gone. As stupid as it is (and I know it's monumentally stupid) I take these losses way too hard. I'm not going to compound it by spending money too. Yes, I know that my going or not going to games will not change one thing about how this team is run, but continuing to support Ross' destruction of the team with even one more dollar seems almost sacrilegious to me. Some on this board have complained about the new logo. I'm glad they have it. These players, the coaches, the front office, and this owner shouldn't be allowed to wear the same logo that Don Shula, Joe Robbie, Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, Paul Warfield, Nick Buoniconti, etc... once proudly represented. Those were the real Miami Dolphins. The old logo ought to be earned and nothing these people have done has come close to earning that right.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 20, 2017 07:58AM

Fins72, I like what you stated. Let me add a thought.

The Super Bowl victories were earned when the franchise was owned by Joe Robbie and coached by Don Shula and his band of very competent assistant coaches. The SB wins belong to that franchise owner and Coach Shula as well as the team members that played during those years. Just because you have the money to buy the franchise doesn't mean the SB victories and the success of Don Shula et al belong to the current franchise owner--they don't. The last two franchise owners have earned little--it's not the same winning franchise any more.

The trophies and history may be passed on to the current franchise owner but they had zero to do with the earlier fame and glory. Moreover, we should stop associating what happened then to what is going on now. The torch was passed and burned out. Nothing the current owner can do to salvage this franchise other than to sell it to another owner who may or may not improve a thing.

Fins72, you and I and others live in the glory days, just like I adored Duke Snider, Clem Labine, Roy Campanella and the other Boys of Summer from 1955. The LA Dodgers of today aren't the Brooklyn Dodgers of yesteryear. The Dolphins franchise of today is a fire cry from the successful franchise headed by Joe Robbie. Sad but true.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: November 20, 2017 09:28AM

Oline should be addressed in UDFA. Some of the best guards were taken in UDFA, Andrew Norwell of the Panthers, and Ron Leary of Broncos come to mind. Assemble a team of 3-4 scouts and let them do film and visits for 6 months.

QB is #1 priority. I'm concerned that top 5 QBs will be taken top 10 in the next draft, they are that good, and we will pick after all had been taken. (Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, Lamar, Rudolph.)

The second pick should be a TE, Goedert.

The rest should go to defense because defense wins championship, in addition to QB and coaching.

RB should also be addressed in FA or UDFA, this year at least.

So, no, I do not agree with OL, OL, OL...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 09:31AM by thegreathoo.

Date: November 20, 2017 09:32AM

Colonel, I am 100% in agreement with you. I was a youngster when the Dolphins founded Perfectville but I remember it like it was yesterday. Those were the glory years for sure.

Posted by: tboneabbott ()
Date: November 20, 2017 10:18AM

I knew when Ryan got Injured The dolphins were in trouble . Not like some people I liked ryan tannehill. I thought he was improving every year . It is very hard to get a rookie Qb to be a superstar, they need time to sit and learn .I was at the game vs Carolina Cutler was terrible.. I don't know what dirty pictures the Cutler has of Coach Gase but Matt moore is a better qb.
we are doomed

Date: November 20, 2017 10:40AM

tboneabbott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I knew when Ryan got Injured The dolphins were in
> trouble . Not like some people I liked ryan
> tannehill. I thought he was improving every year .
> It is very hard to get a rookie Qb to be a
> superstar, they need time to sit and learn .I was
> at the game vs Carolina Cutler was terrible.. I
> don't know what dirty pictures the Cutler has of
> Coach Gase but Matt moore is a better qb.
> we are doomed

I'll grant you that Cutler has stunk and should no longer be starting. But, Cutler isn't responsible for all the penalties. He isn't responsible for the horrific offensive line play, lack of any pressure on the opposing QBs, failure to cover any tight end, predictable play calls, failure to adjust in the second half of games, for drafting a defensive end in the first round who has one friggin sack this year. Tannenbaum and Grier need to be shown the door. Get a smart GM to come in here to clean up the mess they left behind.

Posted by: thegreathoo ()
Date: November 20, 2017 10:52AM

Last year Tannehill (Gase) was 7-5. Of the 7 wins, 6 were against bottom 10 teams. Yes, one win was against the Steelers but they lost to the Bengals which was a bottom 10 team.

This year the team is somewhat on par. They just played better teams so far and the record reflects that.

During the remaining games they play one team in bottom 10, the Broncos. That should be a win. The team is also better this year, they've beaten some non-bottom 10 teams, so they could win another game for a final record of 6-10.

The poor performance is a reflection of the coaching staff, but also of QB play, and Tannehill does not help in that regard.

Date: November 20, 2017 11:42AM

thegreathoo Wrote:
> Last year Tannehill (Gase) was 7-5. Of the 7
> wins, 6 were against bottom 10 teams. Yes, one
> win was against the Steelers but they lost to the
> Bengals which was a bottom 10 team.
>
> This year the team is somewhat on par. They just
> played better teams so far and the record reflects
> that.
>
> During the remaining games they play one team in
> bottom 10, the Broncos. That should be a win.
> The team is also better this year, they've beaten
> some non-bottom 10 teams, so they could win
> another game for a final record of 6-10.
>
> The poor performance is a reflection of the
> coaching staff, but also of QB play, and Tannehill
> does not help in that regard.

Have to disagree with you on Denver. This Dolphin team is the worst in the league at present. I really believe Cleveland would beat them. There is no way that anyone who's being realistic could say that progress is being made from last year. The coaching staff is a joke. Burke is so in over his head that I almost feel sorry for him. Gase has run out of excuses. Would having Tannehill have helped a bit? Maybe, but unless Tannehill could rush the passer, block for himself and the running backs, cover the tight end, they'd still be a bottom 5 team.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 20, 2017 12:07PM

With a healthy RT I personally believe we are 7-3 right now because I believe we beat the following teams we've lost to so far and we beat all of the teams we've beaten.

Saints
Raiders
Buccaneers

I also believe we could be 8-2 because with better QB play we would have been much more competitive with the Panthers and Jets (First game).

We shall never know however.

Date: November 21, 2017 02:39AM

Ken Wrote:
> With a healthy RT I personally believe we are 7-3
> right now because I believe we beat the following
> teams we've lost to so far and we beat all of the
> teams we've beaten.
>
> Saints
> Raiders
> Buccaneers
>
> I also believe we could be 8-2 because with better
> QB play we would have been much more competitive
> with the Panthers and Jets (First game).
>
> We shall never know however.

I don't think this team would've been 7-3 if a 23 year old Dan Marino was the QB. Just the mediocre offensive line is enough reason for that not to mention the lack of a pass rush, pathetic tackling, terrible linebacking,and horrible coaching. The problems with this team go way beyond the QB.

Date: November 21, 2017 05:46AM

Yes there are many problems but I don't think RT throws three Ints against the Bucs And I think we beat the Raiders with just better QB play and we could have beaten the Saints who we were playing right with until the second half when the offense didn't come out of the locker room leaving our defense on the field.

The defense has been bad and we've had penalty after penalty but give us better QB play and more consistency on offense that would have come from that one thing, means we could have easily been 7-3 right now.

RT is much better than Cutler or Moore...our offense would have been playing better with him under center. Despite the mistakes and errors we would have a better record with RT playing.

Date: November 21, 2017 06:55AM

Date: November 22, 2017 05:46AM

Be that as it may, RT is better than Moore or Cutler...that alone means better play from the position. That means we win more than 4 games this season all other things being equal. RT playing this season does not make us a good team due to all the dysfunction we've had to endure but we do have a better record with him.

JMO

Date: November 22, 2017 06:22AM

Ken Wrote:
> Be that as it may, RT is better than Moore or
> Cutler...that alone means better play from the
> position. That means we win more than 4 games this
> season all other things being equal. RT playing
> this season does not make us a good team due to
> all the dysfunction we've had to endure but we do
> have a better record with him.
>
> JMO

Ken, you might be right but what difference does it make? With or without Tannehill this team isn't even close to competing for a title. What's worse is that even with a top 5 pick, I have absolutely no confidence that Tannenbaum and /or Grier will make the right pick. In fact, in the absence of pure unadulterated luck, I know they won't make the right pick. I don't care what our record is or turns out to be this year, I'd be happy if Ross woke up from his delusional stupor and realized that Tannenbaum is a franchise killer, fired him, and brought in someone with a track record of success. At least then he could sell hope to the fans. With Tannenbaum, the losing will continue. Guaranteed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.