-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ajayi Traded to Eagles?
Ajayi Traded to Eagles?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 04:31AM

It's being reported that Ajayi was traded to the Eagles for a fourth round pick. This is why this team will never win a championship. New England gets a second for a backup QB and we get a fourth for a pro bowl running back. I'm so done with this team.

Re: Ajayi Traded to Eagles?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 04:42AM

Maybe they are high on drake?

Ayaji cant catch a cold either.

Date: October 31, 2017 04:52AM

If they're high on Drake they have a funny way of showing it. He's barely seen the field this year. Plus, there is no way I'd have given Ajayi away for a 4th. How Tannenbaum and Gase could possibly think any running back could get yards behind the worst offensive line in all of football is beyond me. A bulldozer couldn't get more than half a yard a play with the 5 turnstiles we have playing O line.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 31, 2017 04:54AM

Gase was really unhappy with the running backs last week as well...maybe Ajayi was missing too many blocking assignments, dropping too many passes, and not grasping the system well enough.

Gotta be some serious behind the scenes stuff going on with the team.

It's also being reported that Landry is being shopped "for the right price."

Date: October 31, 2017 05:01AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gase was really unhappy with the running backs
> last week as well...maybe Ajayi was missing too
> many blocking assignments, dropping too many
> passes, and not grasping the system well enough.
>
> Gotta be some serious behind the scenes stuff
> going on with the team.
>
> It's also being reported that Landry is being
> shopped "for the right price."

Gase doesn't have the luxury of getting rid of his better players because he doesn't have that many of them. Also, I have absolutely no faith in Tannenbaum getting the right price for Landry or anyone else. Seriously, you trade Landry, you're down to Stills. Parker misses more games than he plays. Caroo? He's been in the doghouse since he got here. Grant stinks. The only thing I can surmise is that they're tanking for a better draft pick which is useless because the people making the pick are idiots.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 31, 2017 05:02AM

I hope Drake is ready to roll.

Date: October 31, 2017 05:09AM

Ken Wrote:
> I hope Drake is ready to roll.

Trust me Ken, behind this offensive line, he'll average less than 2 yards a carry. You know what will make it sting even more? Watch Ajayi have a monster remainder of the year behind a competent line. I swear it's almost like this team actually tries to make bad moves.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 05:14AM

Yea a 4th is a joke. I live in the Washington DC metro area and I thought the Skins were dysfunctional. They look like a well oil machine in terms of management compared to our beloved fins. And that is saying a lot....Trust me...

Happy Halloween to all by the way. Going out with my son tonight for what I am sure will be his last year. Remember the good times.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 31, 2017 05:20AM

So is the coaching staff & front office is writing this year off already?

How about trading Gase & Tannenbaum for, I don't know, a case of beer?

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: October 31, 2017 05:22AM

This was a horrible trade! If the best you could get for Ajayi was a 4th, then why trade him? Easily the 2nd best player on our team. We had better get something decent for Landry!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 31, 2017 06:15AM

Guys, I can only speculate based on my personal experiences of "team." Having been a career military officer, leadership and application of leadership is crucial to military operations from top to bottom. Success depends on team work.

FWIW, my sense is the Ajayi is a good RB however, he is egotistical and despite attending team meetings on game planning and execution, he's tends to do his own thing. Doing what one thinks is appropriate in certain situations and falls short when teammates are doing something else. When such behavior occurs frequently it needs to be rebuked and the wayward behavior corrected for the benefit of "team." If correction fails, and I believe it did with Ajayi, the only course is to transfer the person somewhere else, in this instance to make a trade.

Trading Ajayi to many fans may seem like a knucklehead move on the part of the Dolphins but I don't see it that way. In reality, the loss of Tannehill before the season started was a sounding of the alarm bell that things were not going to go as planned and that required finding a starting QB (Cutler) to try and salvage the season. Salvage, IMO would be winning 6-7 games. The Dolphins did not believe that under the totality of the circumstance the team could make a run at the Patriots who will probably win the division again this year. So, given that mind set,the team was so damaged it could not thrive and that became obvious to the players right from the start. As you recall, nothing was good to start the season with postponed games and hurricane damage to deal with and running all over the country to include London. Nothing was going right. The team was on "tilt." So, yes, the Dolphins realized this is going to be a hopeless season and management doesn't need to put up with any player who continually ignored correction and direction. A trade was a realistic situation for the Dolphins.

To me the value of the trade with the Eagles hardly matters, as the problem with the Dolphins is systemic, from top to bottom.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 31, 2017 06:33AM

Good Grief...And LANDRY is being shopped???? It's over. Get ready for yet another 'reset' next year. What assistant with no head coaching experience will we give the reins to this time?

All the 'bad attitude', 'not a team player' and 'just doesn't play hard' problems would disappear if we had an organization that the players had confidence in and we could win a few games.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 06:43AM

meh Ajayi, wasn't all that good... he'd always wimp out of the blocks, had lousy hands and he didn't have much "cut and run" ability. I won't miss him but part of the real reason for his failure is the aqua colored elephant in the room. It's still there. The offensive, Offensive line.

Date: October 31, 2017 06:56AM

>
> To me the value of the trade with the Eagles
> hardly matters, as the problem with the Dolphins
> is systemic, from top to bottom.

Here's where I disagree with you. The guy had almost 1300 yards last year in 15 games. If you can't get more than a 4th for him, your negotiating skills stink. Like it or not, he was arguably the second best player we had on offense (Tannenbaum is working on trading away our best player on offense). I said it when Tannenbaum was first hired. He will destroy this team until it's a 2 or 3 win team just like he did the jets. But hey, the important thing is that Ross has his buddy to sit next to when the team is getting skunked again. Hey, maybe if I agree to kiss Ross' ass more than Tannenbaum, he'll make me GM? My resume is at least as good and I never traded up for Mark Sanchez.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 07:19AM

Date: October 31, 2017 07:49AM

Fins72. No problem with your assessment of Ajayi as a player. My concern is always with personnel. Ajayi despite the yardage gained wasn't a "team" player as much as he was bent on doing his own thing.
I hope the guy has learned something and I hope the Dolphins have learned something too.

The Dolphins ownership and management are still the primary reasons the team continues to bumble, stumble and puke.

Date: October 31, 2017 07:51AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> "Watch Ajayi have a monster remainder of the year
> behind a competent line."
>
> Have you been watching the Eagles? They DO NOT
> have a competent line, they are fortunate that
> they have a QB that can throw effectively on the
> run, and an RB that is a tank. Also, I read on the
> MMQB that when Ayjai steps on the field, he will
> be the best pass blocker of the running backs.
> That doesn't say much about their current backs,
> or their line since this supposed "skill" is so
> important to them. We all know that he is a poor
> pass blocker.

There is no friggin way that the Eagles line is worse than Miami's. Tunsil has stunk. Bushrod shouldn't even be starting. Jessie Davis? I don't even need to address him. Juwan James is a bust. Pouncey is decent when he's healthy which is never. I'll guess we'll see. My guess is that Ajayi will show us how bad this line is by how he performs elsewhere.

Date: October 31, 2017 09:32AM

Date: October 31, 2017 10:11AM

colonel Wrote:
> My guess is that Ajayi will show us how bad this
> line is by how he performs elsewhere.
>
> Yes, I agree it's possible he just might excel
> behind a team that has a functional O-line. If he
> doesn't follow the running scheme and add
> libs...that too may be interesting to know. I'm
> certain we'll find out in a couple of weeks.
>
> Just a thought, are the Dolphins going to trade
> for a RB? Typically, personnel changes are not
> made in a vacuum and someone else is in mind to
> step in, good or bad, to do the job. Among our
> current band of misfits...I'm not sure anyone
> presently on the team can be effective at RB.
> Sure thing, one of them can "fill" the RB position
> but that's about it. It's much like our guards
> and tackles...filling a position and barely
> performing the job. How truly sad it is that
> these "players," foisted upon us by the brilliance
> of Tannenbaum, are paid so well. It reminds me of
> the Dire Straits' song, "Money for Nothing." You
> know what I mean.

Colonel,

What galls me about this team is that the recipe for success isn't altogether that complicated. First and foremost, you need someone who can evaluate talent and knows what to look for in players. Now finding that person isn't necessarily easy but what should be easy is knowing where not to look for that person. Case in point, Tannenbaum. What has this man ever done in the history of his life that gave Ross the idea that he was the right architect to build a champion. His tenure with the jets sure wouldn't have convinced me. His personnel decisions there were absolutely abysmal. I know I may be beating a dead horse here but as if trading up for Sanchez wasn't bad enough, he then signed him to a costly contract extension essentially hamstringing the jets for years. I loved it when he was with the jets, but I guess karma bit me on the ass when Ross decided that having his friend be in charge of the franchise was more important than winning ball games.

I've been a fan for 46 years but I'm getting to the point where I just can't stomach what I'm seeing and it seems like it gets worse every year.

Date: October 31, 2017 10:57AM

Aparently they didnt like what ayaji was bringing to the lockeroom....They didnt like how he was conducting himself in the lockeroom.

Date: October 31, 2017 11:10AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Aparently they didnt like what ayaji was bringing
> to the lockeroom....They didnt like how he was
> conducting himself in the lockeroom.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't like how Gase is conducting himself on the sideline. His play-calling sucks.

Date: October 31, 2017 11:34AM

Just as they say , one man dont maketh a Team..........One Man shouldn't be blamed for bringing it down.

That said.....It shows that the Dolphins wanted to

1. make a point that no one is not expendable

2. are thinking about the future when Tannehill gets back

I really wish they put stills on teh block and would leave Landry here. hes a playmaker to build around, But my guess is he's asking for the earth the moon and the stars.

SUH is force but he costs too much and they need more capital to spend at other positions. AND the writings on the wall people. The Cap might get lowered with the failing ratings . Dolphins are thinking about the future, 2017 is in the tank.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 31, 2017 11:44AM

Tanking the season is only effective when the people who are making the draft picks are even remotely competent. Tannenbum is clueless, clueless, clueless.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 31, 2017 12:16PM

Landry is a good reciever a go to clutch POSSESION receiver. So was welker so are many others. The guy doesn't put up touchdowns and is too slow to burn anyone. Last game he lost his heart and is showing alot of I don't care mentality and sloppiness. I think he should have been traded because he wants 12 -15 mill a year and he is going to walk as a FA right to the patsies. You could of atleast got something for him and kept him out of the division. Very least play carroo and bench him next game and remind him he is not his buddie obj and get his head out of his ass.

Posted by: cedaphins ()
Date: October 31, 2017 12:26PM

I bet his knee has been bothering him. He came out of Boise State with a knee issue. Hopefully they learn not to draft knee problem running backs.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 31, 2017 02:18PM

Stunning. Guess it makes sense that if u are going to suck, you might as well suck all the way (with apologies to Frank Sinatra).

Date: October 31, 2017 02:35PM

Landry is one of the best wrs in the nfl.........But he has moore throwing the football....

What do you all expect.....

When we draft the right qb landry will be kicking some butt.

Date: October 31, 2017 03:33PM

And the greater the gap between our score and theirs, the less sense running the ball meant and thus the less the running game's relevance.

Date: October 31, 2017 03:40PM

And the greater the gap between our score and theirs, the less sense running the ball meant and thus the less the running game's relevance. So why look at Ajayi's rushing yards??

So they key on him at the beginning, which I noticed, he obviously does not overcome and we cut him??? Oh right, I forgot...because he had a bad attitude. You do that in preseason, not this late. Benching him yes. Trade him, no.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 31, 2017 03:59PM

And I was just remarking after the Ravens game that we gave Ajayi the ball too much (not sharing carries with any other RB till the end of the game).

If Gase was mad at how Ajayi was executing the plays, then why the HELL did he keep giving him the ball? He should have spoken to him on the sideline early on and said "run the way the play is called or I'm going to have to bench you for the rest of the game." Then...bench him for the rest of the game.

Similarly, if all we could get is a 4th rounder for him, then again he should simply have been benched for a game or two, not traded. Maybe some time riding the pine would have changed his attitude.

Instead, he's being rewarded by being traded to the team with the best record in the NFL, with a chance to get a SB ring this year. Wow, that'll teach him!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.