HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ajayi Traded to Eagles?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Ajayi Traded to Eagles?
Date: October 31, 2017 04:55PM

They need to cut Pouncy next season as well long as we are making all these capital cuts. He rides the pine more then the Gatorade dude.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 01, 2017 04:29AM

JC WROTE: Instead, he's being rewarded by being traded to the team with the best record in the NFL, with a chance to get a SB ring this year. Wow, that'll teach him!

Maybe they want to give new england a hard time in the superbowl.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 01, 2017 04:45AM

Ajayi being traded seems to be more of the variety of Gase cutting off his nose to spite his face. I absolutely fail to see how it improves this team in the short or the long-term one iota. Gase got a hair up his a** about Ajayi not studying his playbook enough and so they give up on a pro-bowl running back for a 4th rounder. It'll be interesting to see who they draft in the fourth next year. Unless it's someone of consequence (which the odds are overwhelmingly that it won't be) they will have given Ajayi away. These are not the moves good organizations make. This is why the losing will continue. People like Ross, Tannenbaum and Gase make New England's job so much easier.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 01, 2017 05:32AM

Ajayi was a 5th rounder himself...this 2018 draft is supposed to be deep in running backs. I'm good with the move.

Date: November 01, 2017 05:41AM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ajayi was a 5th rounder himself...this 2018 draft
> is supposed to be deep in running backs. I'm good
> with the move.

We drafted Asiata in the fifth last year. Just saying.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 01, 2017 05:54AM

Maybe they want to promote the waterboy to RB? I'm convinced this FO has zero negotiating skills...or skills at anything whatsoever.

And Ross's idea of "cleaning house" when he feels it's time? Keeping Grier, Tannenbaum, and hiring another assistant coach with zero experience from somewhere else who'll be in over his head.

What do we have that's bad here?

Ownership, management, coaching, players attitudes and skill deficiencies. Every category of this franchise sucks. This team nowhere near deserves to wear the older logos or uniforms, they'll only embarrass themselves and the fans who go way back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2017 07:28AM by 808phan.

Date: November 01, 2017 06:34AM

808phan Wrote:
> Maybe they want to promote the waterboy RB? I'm
> convinced this FO has zero negotiating skills...or
> skills at anything whatsoever.
>
> And Ross's idea of "cleaning house" when he feels
> it's time? Keeping Grier, Tannenbaum, and hiring
> another assistant coach with zero experience from
> somewhere else who'll be in over his head.
>
> What do have that's bad here?
>
> Ownership, management, coaching, players attitudes
> and skill deficiencies. Every category of this
> franchise sucks. This team nowhere near deserves
> to wear the older logos or uniforms, they'll only
> embarrass themselves and the fans who go way back.

Those are my sentiments exactly. This organization is a metaphorical thumb in the eyes of Joe Robbie, Don Shula and the Dolphin players of the 70s and 80s.

Date: November 01, 2017 08:36AM

Well, I can certainly see why Gase thinks that the RB situation is in good hands.

Drake has 10 carries for 25 yards (2.5 yard a carry), three receptions for 7 yards.

Williams has 12 carries for 32 yards (2.7 yards per carry) and eight receptions for 50 yards (6.3 yards per receptions).

Senorise Perry has no statistics from scrimmage.

I wonder if Gase has heard the expression Pride goeth before a fall

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 01, 2017 09:03AM

So Ajayi was complaining to coaches and other players about Gase, play calling, Schemes...becoming a 'distraction' or 'locker room cancer'. Ok, then If I'm the coach I trade him too (although proboly not for a 4th rd pick). But there is another question to ask: Was he right? Sounds a lot like some of what we complain about and Ajayi, like most NFL players, HAS played a lot more football than any of us have.

Date: November 01, 2017 09:55AM

Has anyone heard whether Gase has taken any responsibility for offense's problems? I really doubt this is purely a player failure.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 01, 2017 04:19PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Has anyone heard whether Gase has taken any
> responsibility for offense's problems? I really
> doubt this is purely a player failure.

Well, I haven't heard but when you are talking about an ordinary player, every reason is on the table.

When you are talking about your best player....you'd better have a very damn good reason and stats going down from this point, (before midway), in the season is not such a reason.

Date: November 01, 2017 06:33PM

LOL.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 01, 2017 08:53PM

"Dolphins are thinking about the future, 2017 is in the tank."???
4-3, man, 4-3!

Rick

Date: November 02, 2017 12:25PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> "Dolphins are thinking about the future, 2017 is
> in the tank."???
> 4-3, man, 4-3!

Yeah....I still remember winning the first game because the opposing Team missed a chip shot. This team is not dominating any wins And we just gave away our starting RB, not to mention we have Ribs Cutlet and noodle arm for QB's.

You have the Bills and the Pats both in the Top Tens teams right now .

Good luck with that. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 03, 2017 09:16AM

Date: November 03, 2017 09:32AM

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 03, 2017 10:32AM

From what I've read Ajayi is one of the reason for the simplified offense.

Pouting after a W because he didn't get enough carries? Not a team player.

Good luck in Philly. Their line is as bad as ours.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 03, 2017 10:49AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Landry is one of the best wrs in the
> nfl.........But he has moore throwing the
> football....
>
>
> What do you all expect.....
>
>
> When we draft the right qb landry will be kicking
> some butt.

Landry has been putting up some pretty good numbers with RT throwing him the ball, right Sam?

Date: November 03, 2017 10:55AM

toko34 Wrote:
> Ajayi was a 5th rounder himself...this 2018 draft
> is supposed to be deep in running backs. I'm good
> with the move.

I can't agree with your reasoning, toko.

Correct, Ajayi was a 5th rounder, but was a first round talent, dropping because of his knee.

He was a 2016 Pro Bowler. You don't trade a Pro Bowler, and a young one at that, for a fourth round pick. At the least, Miami should have gotten a second rounder.

However, I don't agree with trading him. As many here have said, if he was a problem, then do something to fix the problem. You don't send him somewhere else, especially when he is, at the least, the second best offensive player on the team.

Date: November 03, 2017 12:53PM

Cap, I was going to post what you posted in response to Toko but mine would have been in response to JSM08's post above. What our team did was what our parents in the 60s called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Date: November 03, 2017 04:42PM

I'm still in shock. Trading our best player away. If it was over his behavior, then why so fast? Does someone think we are undefeated and in first place??? Seems like to me a very stupid attempt to deflect attention from the beating we received from a great defense that keyed in on the only functioning part of our whole offense. So we stupidly get rid of that part like this is the early 70s and we have Greise and Warfield and the no name defense.

Date: November 04, 2017 06:22AM

captkoi Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Landry is one of the best wrs in the
> > nfl.........But he has moore throwing the
> > football....
> >
> >
> > What do you all expect.....
> >
> >
> > When we draft the right qb landry will be
> kicking
> > some butt.
>
> **************************************************
> ****
>
> Landry has been putting up some pretty good
> numbers with RT throwing him the ball, right Sam?

Yes he has, But he can do even better with a better qb.

Date: November 13, 2017 11:25AM

Completely disagree. It is obvious from the offenses Gase ran at his other stops that he doesn't like to depend on a single RB of limited talent. He prefers his RB's with more rounded abilities, and more speed. Ajayi wasn't fast and didn't catch well, so they had to dumb down the offense because of his limited abilities and the inability of the O-line to hold their blocks so long. He demanded the ball on every play and to be the third down back. He's a good back in the running department, but he has bad knees (the reason such a talented back was a 5th round draft choice) and he can't catch at this level, or maybe he just runs bad routes. He is certainly too slow to be a third down back. This also forces the o-line to hold their blocks longer, something our line doesn't do well. Defenses around the league know they just have to stop Ajayi's running and our offense wasn't able to throw short well (no effective pass-catching tight ends or the RB out of the backfield), forcing Cutler or Moore to go to wideouts on what was usually third and long. A low percentage proposition. So, we are forced to change our offense.. to a type that we have the personnel to run effectively- backs that are fast and can catch out of the backfield and don't force the line to have to hold their blocks so long. We're already more effective, and we'll get more effective still. From this perspective, getting rid of Ajayi was a pretty good idea. However, having said all that, why couldn't Tannenbaum get us a better deal for him? The rest of the league seems to love him.

Rick

Date: November 14, 2017 10:37AM

Getting rid of Ajayi would have been an acceptable idea if 1. We had depth at the position 2. We could've gotten decent value for him. Drake has potential but take away his two big runs and he's averaging 3.4 yds a carry. Williams is averaging 2.3 yards a carry. Our history with fourth round picks has been fairly abysmal. Jamil Douglas, Jelani Jenkins, Clyde Gates come to mind.

Date: December 11, 2017 08:21PM

Eating crow now.

Date: December 12, 2017 04:17AM

Drake is doing good so far....I think he is as good running the football as ajayi....Drake is better catching the football though.

Date: December 12, 2017 05:56AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Drake is doing good so far....I think he is as
> good running the football as ajayi....Drake is
> better catching the football though.

It's not that Drake hasn't done well. I'm happy he has. I don't think that has anything to do with whether the trade made sense or not. For example, if we're going to have two RBs that are coming in and out of the game, I'd rather have Ajayi and Drake than Drake and Williams. Plus, if you want to trade him okay. But to do it precipitously for a 4th rounder made no sense. Do in in off-season and at least try to get a better pick. If you can't so be it. But a 4th rounder that with Philly's record will be like an early 5th makes no sense to me.

Date: December 12, 2017 09:25AM

One problem I saw....I think Gase overused Drake. He looked very tired late in the 4th; not much power in his legs.

Date: December 12, 2017 12:20PM

A few stud Olinemen in the draft and he will be good to go......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Mike8272 ()
Date: December 13, 2017 01:56AM

captkoi Wrote:
> One problem I saw....I think Gase overused Drake.
> He looked very tired late in the 4th; not much
> power in his legs.

That's where we miss Williams or a legitimate second back. In some ways I am surprised we didn't pick anyone up after Williams went down. I guess it's always a case of who is out there in free agency at this time of year, but perhaps a phone call to Chris Johnson? Tim Hightower?

Heck the Seahawks didn't promote Mike Davis to their active roster until mid-November so there are options like him on practice squads. Or just look at guys in free agency that could come in short term and handle a few carries here and there.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.