HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Posters
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Posters
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 09, 2017 07:07PM

Colonel, There are plenty of posts on this site. However, just read them. Reality doesn't have much of a place on this site anymore, constructive criticism isn't here anymore. Curt won't tolerate personal attacks, and it used to be that the people that came here felt the same, and acted accordingly. Nowadays, we have a lower incidence of posts that want to discuss the games and more that want to bitch and complain and do their best to circumvent the rules and try to be as insulting as possible to as many people as possible without getting thrown off the site. I used to read everything on the site, and express my opinions on the team. Now, when I read the posts I just get tired of the nastiness and seeming lack of knowledge of the finer points of the game. This, even though I know that some of you DO know the finer points of the game. I have no desire to reply to dozens of posts that are just spewing invective at any target of opportunity. I am ashamed to say that I've also been drawn into this mindset, until I realized that I wanted to angrily respond with my own invective to many of the posts that I found personally annoying. We're at an uninspiring 2 - 2, and that apparently is reason to renew all the bile that befits any poster's personal ax to grind. Very little positive, very much negative. No sensible suggestions for the team to improve, just " fire that guy!","demote that guy!", "cut everybody!" and other silly and useless DEMANDS. We are supposedly FANS, not team officials, so we aren't in a position to DEMAND anything. I truly hope this site gets back to what its supposed to be and what it used to be.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Posters
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 09, 2017 09:10PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 10, 2017 06:38PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:53AM

postership (new word) is most likely down because of this team's sustained and demonstrated inability to win. I think its easy enough to come back here if someone wanted to and comment on the finer points and what's really going on with game decisions and off-the-field decisions. Viewership is down all across the NFL, and my take on that is the NFL rules have destroyed a lot of what used to make the game more enjoyable to watch. It used to mean something to throw for 300 yards as a Quarterback, now it's almost routine. There are too many pauses for timeouts and reviews... I thought reviews were a good idea at the time they thought up the concept, but now it's become too many moments of watching the zebras gather around trying to figure out what happened...and taking way too long. As a result, the real game feels rushed--its lost its pacing. They took away a lot of the out of bounds/time rules to make the game fit into a convenient 3-hour slot- but there is way less game and a lot more commercials and time outs for the TV people. Truly, the game most of us knew (70-90s football) has declined under Goodell, and I won't even mention the new "flag/anthem/protest" stuff. I've covered that already.

Date: October 11, 2017 05:31AM

Sounds to me like the OP wants a cheerleader type board. This team is just not delivering the goods. The NFLs ratings are lower then Tyrion Lannisters knee. I come back here becuase of exactly the reason JC gave. Quality vs. Quantity. Good people here. Great Mods, just a really shitty team.
It is what it is.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 03:35AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 11, 2017 04:01PM

My concern, other than the team, is the success of this board. I'd personally hate to see it go away because of inactivity. Dolphins fans just aren't living in South Florida, they live in many cities and towns in Florida and well...across America. When on active duty
I would often be flying from one part of the country stopping at airports. I was amazed to see Miami Dolphins shirts and caps on people in Colorado, Washington, CA, South Dakota, and DC. This forum allows fans from these locations to participate with other fans and converse about their team. Inactivity, for whatever reasons, can easily destroy the site, much like the virtual disappearance of the Old Route 66. Inactivity along that old highway made businesses fail and little towns along it, die out.

I for one would love for our Dolphins teams to be a winner. It's easy to berate the players, coaches and ownership because WE are fans and want things to be better.

In fighting between our "local suspects" has fallen off, and comments today are less biting than ever before. That's a good thing and I agree with JC, that has vastly improved. What hasn't improved is our team. All of us remain frustrated if not angry on how things are going with the offense. Then if you throw in the kneeling crap and the inconsistency of the NFL on a variety of matters, we as fans are pretty fed up. All of that is likely turning many of us off.

More later....

Date: October 12, 2017 03:38AM

Hey the Oline Coach just got fired for making a video of himself blowing lines and professing his love for a Las Vegas Whore.

Things are looking up!!!!eye rolling smileysmileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 12, 2017 04:20AM

At least the team is keeping me interested again. Maybe some pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one,,,

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 12, 2017 12:32PM

Well Rick, I have no sensible suggestions for this team to get any better. Maybe there aren't any sensible suggestions available without firing, getting rid of, benching, etc.

After Sparano got fired perhaps Ross should have gone after a marquee head coach who would have wanted control over personnel. Instead he gets Philbust, and now we have another inexperienced HC with Gase along with Grier & Tannenbaum to run personnel. Did this past off-season really accomplish anything? Is this organization from the top on down even capable of getting it right in the draft to fulfill needs? Seems like Ross is perfectly content with rookie HC's and having a "friend" running player personnel. If he was truly passionate about the game of football and knew it himself, he would spare no expense to hire the best available people to run this team once and for all instead of pussyfooting around. This team is nothing more than entertainment for the owner and it shows.

So in the meantime while I wait yet another year, I decided to "tune out" of watching football this season instead of allowing multimillionaire crybaby players who are a disgrace to every fallen warrior sent home in a flag draped casket piss me off every weekend.

Today I followed a sensible suggestion for myself to improve - I wanted to give something to the under appreciated so I dropped off a container of blueberry muffins to the Imperial Beach Sheriff's department along with a note thanking them for what they do and assuring them that they are appreciated.

Date: October 12, 2017 02:37PM

The worst thing would be if activity on the board is dropping off, not because of the politics, not because of the fights....but worse would be if it is dropping off because of the poor performance of the team.

Hey, I guess since I joined fan-ship of this team in September of 1967, when the team was new and had nothing to crow about but having drafted the runner up to Heisman Trophy winner Steve Spurrier...a guy by the name of Robert Allen Griese, I am used to the team not always being on top.

But I really don't give myself enough credit because I just love following the team.

Like my personal hero, Former Oklahoma US Senator Fred R. Harris, used to love to say about our state, "If you can't be first, then at least be first in line."

So once the team keeps losing and is out of the playoffs, I start rooting for other teams in draft priority contention to WIN....I can't root for us to lose but I can root for every team with a chance to draft higher to WIN.

But this takes us to April, no reason for the board to be dead before April so in a strange way, I hope the board is not dead because we have quit on the team after so few games.

Date: October 12, 2017 02:37PM

@#$%& A 808! I wasn't there and I didn't taste them, but many here have done the same and you sending food told them how much you appreciate what we do. I can tell you first hand 808 that that sentiment did not go under appreciated! Great job and I appreciate it more then I can tell you!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 12, 2017 05:07PM

I tell you what Al, it felt damn good to do that. You guys in blue put your asses on the line every single day not knowing if you're going to even make it home alive, and in my book you're just as heroic as the warriors getting shot at overseas. Thank you for what you do thumbs up

Chy - No matter how shitty this team is during any given season I will be here. I may not be commenting during every game day thread this season because I decided not to throw shit at my TV for a change. So let the ratings drop - Athletes should use a different platform to protest and do it during their own time, not mine.

Furthermore, as far as I'm concerned this team needs to earn back the privilege of wearing the old logo. Right now I'm content with the sissy looking unis because this franchise needs a lot of work from the top on down. It's not even a shadow of what it used to be.

Finally, I have to say that I'm completely disappointed with Gase's knee jerk reaction of bringing Futler here. Big mistake. I thought we had a fully capable backup with Moore. I just hope that when RT17 gets back in the game he can get in the groove after being out for so long.

Date: October 12, 2017 08:32PM

Futler, huh? You are too cold. LOL.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 12, 2017 11:31PM

Date: October 13, 2017 10:27AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 13, 2017 11:19AM

I liked Dam Campbell too but he wouldnt have been the high profile coach 808phan mentioned. The truth is you never know what anyone will do until given the job. I think Adam Base did a remarkable job last year...we'll see if he can once again right the ship going forward. I'm willing to cut him some slack due to circumstances beyond his or anyone's control. He has to get the issues fixed however so we can at least start moving forward on the season. Hopefully our offense makes strides this week and we don't get embarrassed by the Falcons.

Date: October 13, 2017 01:54PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 14, 2017 06:30AM

Its not that gase is calling the wrong plays.....Its that cutler makes everyplay into a crappy play.....

Gase gambled with cutler and lost..

Who else was there to sign?

Terrorist looking disrespectfull PR!CK kapernick?

Please.

Let me pick a qb from any team and a couple of Olinemen that want to play and we are a 100 percent improved team.

All we are a lacking is a qb and a couple of OLInemen and we are a playoff team////easier said than don but it can hppen in next years draft.

The defense is good but gets tired as you will see in this weeks game against the falcons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2017 06:34AM by samsam3738.

Date: October 14, 2017 09:33AM

Another good post. This time from SamSam.

Date: October 14, 2017 07:54PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its not that gase is calling the wrong
> plays.....Its that cutler makes everyplay into a
> crappy play.....
>
> Gase gambled with cutler and lost..
>
> Who else was there to sign?
>
> Terrorist looking disrespectfull PR!CK kapernick?
>
> Please.
>
> Let me pick a qb from any team and a couple of
> Olinemen that want to play and we are a 100
> percent improved team.
>
> All we are a lacking is a qb and a couple of
> OLInemen and we are a playoff team////easier said
> than don but it can hppen in next years draft.
>
> The defense is good but gets tired as you will see
> in this weeks game against the falcons.

Um.......we made the playoffs last year and would have went further if Tanny didn't get injured. YES This Team has been ignoring the Oline for a while now. We did well in the draft last yr, but no depth whatsoever.

If Tanny is 100% healthy (and that remains to be seen) we dont need to waste whats going to be a high draft pick on a QB. We trade it down and collect quality DEPTH. The biggest problem we have is when a player goes down we have no one to pick up the pieces or even rotate to keep people at a high level throughout the game.

(I'm going back to I dont care stance and the NFL sucks) eye rolling smiley

The above was only if I gave a shit and I clearly dont anymore.......kinda...

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 15, 2017 06:03AM

Oh please tcpf......you care......thats why you here....

Date: October 15, 2017 06:08AM

And I agree Cutler is light years away from tannehill as far as talent at this point.....i said we pick a qb in draft because imho tannehill will get hurt again once he gets hit again...i hope I'm wrong but that's my opinion.

Date: October 15, 2017 06:11AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Oh please tcpf......you care......thats why you
> here....

Shhhhhhh Bleeding Aqua and Orange for almost a half century its hard . But I still am very very Put off by the NFL as a whole and some of our Team. I'm still not watching.

That said Next season I'd like to see more draft picks. I think we are going to be a Top 5 team in the draft. We need to wheel and deal some, draft down collect more picks. Grabbing spoiled POS free agents wont cut it. It almost never does.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 16, 2017 09:25AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Its not that gase is calling the wrong
> > plays.....Its that cutler makes everyplay into
> a
> > crappy play.....
> >
> > Gase gambled with cutler and lost..
> >
> > Who else was there to sign?
> >
> > Terrorist looking disrespectfull PR!CK
> kapernick?
> >
> > Please.
> >
> > Let me pick a qb from any team and a couple of
> > Olinemen that want to play and we are a 100
> > percent improved team.
> >
> > All we are a lacking is a qb and a couple of
> > OLInemen and we are a playoff team////easier
> said
> > than don but it can hppen in next years draft.
> >
> > The defense is good but gets tired as you will
> see
> > in this weeks game against the falcons.
>
>
> Um.......we made the playoffs last year and would
> have went further if Tanny didn't get injured. YES
> This Team has been ignoring the Oline for a while
> now. We did well in the draft last yr, but no
> depth whatsoever.
>
> If Tanny is 100% healthy (and that remains to be
> seen) we dont need to waste whats going to be a
> high draft pick on a QB. We trade it down and
> collect quality DEPTH. The biggest problem we have
> is when a player goes down we have no one to pick
> up the pieces or even rotate to keep people at a
> high level throughout the game.
>
> (I'm going back to I dont care stance and the NFL
> sucks) eye rolling smiley
>
> The above was only if I gave a shit and I clearly
> dont anymore.......kinda...

I highly doubt Cutler will be back, thus we are left with Matt Moore as a backup, which isn't so terrible, however....

I don't know if we can count on Tanney returning with full health and staying that way; Miami must draft a QB for the future, and I would say in the second round. Miami has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, thus Miami is now, IMO, in a position where they can take a chance to go after their future QB. First round is BPA, then 2nd QB, unless there is a player there that just can't be passed on. Still have to go after positions on the OL.

Date: October 22, 2017 05:32PM

I don't have faith in the management of this team to select the right players. To me it doesn't matter what the draft position is, we're screwed no matter what. However, if this franchise had Belichick et al 3 years or so ago we'd have a team headed for and winning the Super Bowl. **sigh**

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.