Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Gase Still Wants Cutler over Moore?
Gase Still Wants Cutler over Moore?
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 01, 2017 06:31PM

WTF!

Gase should look at himself in the mirror!
6 points in 2 full games against 2 of the worst defenses in the NFL!
Are you kidding me?

This falls squarely on the Offnesive Coordinator and the QB.

Can Gase fire himself as offensive coordinator?

1st and goal from the 4 and he calls a fade ?
Why?
Why not run the ball 3 times with Ajayi in his home town!
Worst case scenario....field goal.

I assure you that Moore would of done a whole lot better than Mr. Cutler.
Cutler looks disinterested, and out of it.

This team may be the worst team in the history of the franchise! Even worse than the 1-15 team. At least that team was able to score!

Go look at yourself in the mirror Gase ! You punk ass!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2017 06:32PM by steviec13.

Re: Gase Still Wants Cutler over Moore?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 01, 2017 08:28PM

See my post in the other thread.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 02, 2017 04:11AM

I sound like a broken record but I knew this offense would stink because the offensive line stinks. How they thought that going into the season with Steen and Bushrod as your guards, not to mention a gimpy Pouncey was ever going to work. Rest assured, with Tannenbaum running the show, we're on our way to getting the #1 overall pick in this or next year's draft.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 02, 2017 08:28AM

Gase is the problem thus far. But he is the result of having Chris Greer as the GM, which is the result of having Tannenbaum making football decisions.

The whole trio is inept.

What has Greer done in his career?!
Wasn't he an intregral part of the staff that drafted Ryan(the Project) Tannehill with the #8 overall pick?!
You know, the staff that moved up in the draft for Dion Jordan?!
Dallas Thomas, Johnathan Martin, Billy Turner, Jamal Taylor, all wasted valuable draft picks.
Greer gave a slightly above average Reshad Jones a big contract prematurely. Jones has played below average ever since.

Greer and staff all passed on legit Qs like Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Brett Hundley, and Garrappalo, to name just a few.

Doubty?! Fails?! Seriously??!!
I don't think Chris Greer could recognize a good QB, even if Aaron Rodgers sat on his lap, and told him a bedtime story.
Can't ID quality o-linemen or LBs either!
The dude is completely oblivious.

This organization is in DS with the current leadership group at the helm. Mark my words.

Date: October 02, 2017 04:36PM

Easy there Socalphin!

Don't start bashing Tannehill!
At least he has moved the ball, and threw for 4000+ yards 3 years in a row, and was headed for season #4 in row until the knee injury.

I honestly believe that Jay Cutler is the Real issue here.
I blame Gase entirely, because he refuses to admit that Jay Cutler is a complete joke. He has been a joke his entire career. A full complete loser!
We have Moore sitting on the bench. When put into a must win situation, Moore brought us to the playoffs..
Why Cutler (the loser) over Moore?
I just don't see what Gase sees in his man crush With Cutler!
I have lost total respect for Gase because he refuses to do the right thing and insert Moore who gives him the best chance to win!

Get some balls Gase!
Make a QB change! Moore should of been your starter from the beginning!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2017 06:00PM by steviec13.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 02, 2017 06:12PM

Gase will look like a complete idiot if we have a 10 million dollar back-up sitting on the bench. The best we can hope for is Cutler sprains his thumb and forces Gase's hand. Even then he's liable to go out and hire Manzeil or RG3.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 03, 2017 08:03AM

Cutler is not the problem here, at all. The man has zero time to throw it, offensive line is a joke, tunsil is terrible.. should have kept him at guard and signed a tackle then you have a solid left side, instead you have crap, the right side is non existant and the porcelain queen pouncy should have been replaced with mangold. Julius thomas should just be cut and move on, Ajayi for all the people thinking he is a stud is not, sure when he has a lane he is great but wouldnt every back?? Gase is the problem, hiring a worthless oc that shouldnt be here, How can you expect a team built on power running and a deep threat to be anything but shitty when you didnt get a line and cant give the QB any time, and when you do supply time, you call 5yrd plays??? if he wanted to run a dink and dunk offense then you should have gotten a scat back and 4 possesion slot recievers. For an absolute guru with the QB i think he is clueless. But I dont know anything thats why I am not a coach but all of you here, can probably call the play before it happens cant you??

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 03, 2017 08:22AM

It doesn't matter if any of us can guess the next play, it matters if the defense can and "The Whisperer" is making some statistically poor defenses look like SB contenders. Gase and Cutler are a big part of the problem. Wildcat?? Really??

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 03, 2017 09:25AM

Thats my point, if we all can with relative ease call the play, I am sure every defense knows it as well. For all the heart and bullshit I have heard the last 3 months about fighting and changing the attitude, it looks like a lost team full of quitters to me. There isn't one player that I would be upset if they got lost. Good god, you got 3 players signed to millions that aren't even dressed. Just a ridiculously stupid situation, and has been for many many years. Talk is cheap, if the bullshit coming out of there mouths was a music note, this team would be a symphony

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 03, 2017 11:25AM

And I'm saying it goes a step further with an incompetent GM, Chris Greer, and the head man Tannenbaum.

Look how fast(1 offseason)the Rams turned it around.
It's because they have a good GM in place.

From hiring Shawn McVay, to shoring up a shakey o-line(by changing out a couple pieces), also picked up Sammy Watkins, and a couple good TEs. Drafted Cooper Kupp, didn't overpay Aaron Donald, it goes on and on. All very solid GM decisions.

Why we kept Greer in place(promoted him), based on his non-existent contributions to making the Dolphins a better team is beyond me.

That's why I continue to question Tannenbaum's legitimacy as head of football operations. He's done nothing but keep this team at or below average since he's been here.

Date: October 04, 2017 05:20PM

The real issue here is clearly Jay Cutler.
The guy has talent....
But he doesn't CARE!
He clearly cares about only one thing....Collecting his paycheck.
Too bad...Cutler will mean the end of Gase here in Miami! And I kinda liked Gase!
He brought in Cutler, who is a loser...
And Thomas who was s washed up....16$ million on those two. What a joke!

Does Jay Cutler know how to take a snap from under center?

He is a JOKE!

Date: October 04, 2017 05:49PM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 06, 2017 08:52AM

steviec13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The real issue here is clearly Jay Cutler.
> The guy has talent....
> But he doesn't CARE!
> He clearly cares about only one
> thing....Collecting his paycheck.
> Too bad...Cutler will mean the end of Gase here in
> Miami! And I kinda liked Gase!
> He brought in Cutler, who is a loser...
> And Thomas who was s washed up....16$ million on
> those two. What a joke!
>
> Does Jay Cutler know how to take a snap from under
> center?
>
> He is a JOKE!

Disagree.

Cutler isn't the real issue. Granted, he is the QB, but as we all know, the QB can't do much when he is under constant pressure. What were Ajayi's final stats? That alone will tell you something...the OLine STILL hasn't been fixed.Three first round draft choices on the OL and it still can't get things done. Why is that?

I don't believe Cutler doesn't care. He may look the part, but that is his personality. People were all over Tannehill because he didn't show a lot of emotion. That is their personalities...Danny had a lot of fire in him; these two do not. Doesn't mean they don't care.

No matter what happens this year, Gase will be the Dolphins head coach next year. (1) He is a good coach (as he showed last season), and (2) Ross doesn't fire that quickly (see Joe Philbin). They have played only three games: give him a chance to fix this.

Cutler knows how to take a snap from under center; the plays just don't call for him to be under center very often. Look around the league....QBs aren't under center very often, anymore.

Date: October 07, 2017 05:09PM

Agree that O-line is horrible.

But, Play calling should call for some quick slants and outs. That's on Gase. And so far the play calling is god awful!
Good QBs make things happen out of nothing!
Cutler is a joke. I really hope they go to Moore for the rest of the season.

Date: October 07, 2017 08:10PM

And Get the ball to Ajayi in space. Pitch out, short passes. Now that the other teams know how powerful he is up the middle, he is being stacked and stopped. And just as powerful as he is, he also has moves.

Date: October 08, 2017 01:06PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 09, 2017 06:34AM

Yes, the crowd was yelling for Moore and he should be allowed to play...if the problem is the blocking it will be clear to the fans pretty quick. IMHO, the problem is a lack of effort by the players, and poor plays (conservative) being called in an attempt to get the ball out quicker. If I see another bubble screen or a pass behind the LOS think will vomit.

Date: October 09, 2017 06:55AM

Should have let Cutler work with the Oline Coach......I bet he would show alot more "energy". eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Thirteen ()
Date: October 09, 2017 09:49AM

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't think that's what "line coach" meant.

Date: October 09, 2017 10:16AM

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 09, 2017 11:12AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Get the ball to Ajayi in space. Pitch out,
> short passes. Now that the other teams know how
> powerful he is up the middle, he is being stacked
> and stopped. And just as powerful as he is, he
> also has moves.

They have been getting the ball out in space to Ajayi and he has been unable to get anything out of it. Same goes for the WRs. Everytime they throw the bubble screen it usually ends up in lost yardage.

Gase is going to have to open it up, otherwise this "garbage" offense will go nowhere.

Date: October 09, 2017 02:36PM

Date: October 09, 2017 05:54PM

If anyone is watching Monday night football you can clearly see that Bradford (for Vikings) while able to play was lethargic and unable to move the ball. They bring in Casey Keenum (who has life), and the offense immediately comes to life!

Gase ,,,,learn your lesson here! Cutler has NO LIFE or ENTHUSIASM!!!!
He doesn't CARE!
Put in a QB who actually has some emotion and life. It may breathe some life into the offense!
Learn a lesson COACH! Make a change!

Dolphins will get blown out next game unless they put Moore in.

The best chance we have is if Cutler breaks his ankle! Get that idiot out!

A frustrated Fins fan!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 01:12PM

Fiedlerhater are you blind or something....ajayi is a very good rb...you say the oline stinks and then you say Ajayi stinks as well....have you seen there are no holes at all....dont you know this is the worst oline in football?not even Barry Sanders would get any yArdage behind this oline dude. Wake up.

Date: November 20, 2017 03:53PM

Ok. So Moore played horrible against the Ravens on A Thursday night game. He had 1 day to practice! The whole team was horrible!

I just don't get why the hatred for Matt Moore?
He deserves another start! Let him play against the Patriots. He gives us the best chance to pull off an upset. He makes everyone around him play better!

Cutler is an emotionless untalented quarterback that is incapable of winning! He is just horrible!
In my opinion he is the absolute worst starting quarterback to ever play for the Dolphins!

Wake up Gase! Play Moore. Although he may not win every game, he gives us the best chance to win!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 20, 2017 04:05PM

Adam Gase has his head up his ass.

Date: November 20, 2017 06:45PM

I agree Stevie, Moore has not looked as good as Tanny did last year but he looked a helluva lot better than Cutler. Plus, he got no help from either a running game or a defense.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 21, 2017 09:47AM

Cutler is what he is. A journeyman brought out of retirement when our starter goes down because we kept a journeyman who's ready for retirement as backup.

Could there be any bigger indictment of the wingnuts running/coaching this team????

I like Moore, hes a smart guy with heart. But every time he's come in in relief of one of our looooooong line of scrubs, history has repeated itself: He plays well for a series or two or maybe even a game or two because hes a change up and has more QB smarts than almost anyone we've stuck out there since Marino. Sadly, he also has glaring weaknesses in physical stature and skill. (that's why hes a journeyman backup) So, once opponents study his film and plan for him, its same ol same ol.

There HAS to be a young guy or two out there holding a clipboard or even on a practice squad that would LOVE a chance. Release Cutler and Fales(I guess hes still on roster) and take a couple shots at it. Hell, how could it hurt??? We could at least have an eye out for a new backup. Who knows, maybe we find another Kurt Warner...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Anyone who thinks inserting Moore, 'tweaking' the schemes, or shuffling our loser players and coaches around will result in a respectable team is, much like our head coach, in denial.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2017 10:51AM by KB.

Date: November 23, 2017 06:00AM

Moore gives us the best chance to win. Give the guy a chance for the rest of the season! We have Tanny coming back next year anyhow. I can't stand watching another down with Jay Cutler leading the way...I may throw up!

Date: November 23, 2017 04:12PM

Stevie......its time to draft another quarterback. We got Tanny in the draft of 2011???? That was 7 years before the upcoming 2018 draft.

So even assuming that a quarterback drafted in April of 2018 does not take over the job in the fall of 2018 and Tanny resumes playing that year, that means that if we DON'T draft a QB in the SPRING of 2018...then we will NOT BE DRAFTING ONE UNTIL 2019.

I'll also make this a new thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.