HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Clean House
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Clean House
Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: October 01, 2017 08:50AM

It all starts at the top w Tannenbaum, then to Greer, and then finally to Gase. I dont want anyone to say Ross, because he is an awesome owner.
It was Tannenbaum's mistake to promote Greer to GM when he came from a staff that never did anything.
Greer hired Gase, who never really did anything either. I questioned that hire from the beginning, but gave Greer the benefit of the doubt. Now, I only have doubt.
it's obvious that Gase is way over his head, Trying be be OC and HC at the same time,

This team has turned into a complete dumpster fire with Gase at the helm.
Jay Cutler?! Julius Thomas?! They both absolutely suck!!
And that blame must extend out to Greer as well.
Greer, who has done verry little to improve this roster, doesn't seem cut out for the job either.

I'm just soooo sick of the same ole crap year in year out.
I see no other solution than to clean house completely after this season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clean House
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 01, 2017 09:10AM

There is not one player or coach on this team that is worth a damn. Gase sucks sorry he does, he did things nobody saw last year thats why we won, the team supported him, I called this debacle after the first week of camp. I have been saying for years its the same shit team over and over. Dont even want to hear that tranny would be better, he wouldnt be. All i heard was ajayi is the man because he ran for over 600yrds in two games and that pouncey is the greatest. well they are all in there and he is averaging what 40yrd?? Thomas is a complete joke at TE tunsil should just quit and smoke dope, timmons wow I am so glad they brought that shit back, stills?? who is that?? The point is from coaches down they suck, he publicly gase this is, called out his offense demading change and adjustments, and they were worse, Its called losing your team. The OC what does he do?? and The DC well lets leave that alone. I am truly embarrased to say I am a fan of this dogshit. Someone needs to get their head out of there butts and make a change because I doubt 6 wins is possible at this point. we should be 0-3 if it wasnt for a missed field goal.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 01, 2017 09:49AM

When you hire first time HCs you get below average staffs. Philbins staff was a bunch of first timers as is Gases'.

That was embarrassing today. Gase can call it garbage all he wants but he needs to fix it.

All these "weapons" and he can't utilize them.

Julius Thomas is totally worthless. Put Gray in there and move on.

It's becoming harder and harder to tune in each week. All the whining about no bye week. That fans should be the ones that are pissed. We need a week break from this shit show.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 01, 2017 04:25PM

We had our bye week. It just came in the first week of the season by reason of a hurricane. That seemed to work out okay as we won the next week, which was the first we played but was the second week of the season, but then we lost the next two.

But I put it mainly on Cutler, as is said in the other thread. Just not doing it.

I guess he felt that when he was coming to Miami that he was really "entering retirement". LOL. Taking it easy.

Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: October 30, 2017 05:42PM

now does everyone believe me when I say the problem lies at the top with Tannenbaum and Chris Greer, and the only way this team will ever get better is to CLEAN HOUSE?!

Everyone knows that the product on the field is a direct reflection of what is in the front office. Which means our FO is complete garbage.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 01, 2017 06:04AM

I would like to know, what makes Ross an "awesome owner"?

He's the one who hired his buddy Tannenbaum, will never get rid of him, therefore keeping this team the pile of shit that it is.

If Stephen Ross had any real football knowledge and really cared about winning a championship instead of just wanting a shiny toy to look at from his luxury suite, he'd clean house from the top down. Period.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 01, 2017 09:09AM

Its hard to look at Tannenbaum's moves here AND his career before he got here and see him as anything other than pretty poor.

But what jsm08 said above is dead on : "When you hire first time HCs you get below average staffs". Even if Tannenbaum picked winners every other time, putting them in the hands of our deadhead staff wouldn't lead to much.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 02, 2017 06:32AM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But what jsm08 said above is dead on : "When you
> hire first time HCs you get below average staffs".
> Even if Tannenbaum picked winners every other
> time, putting them in the hands of our deadhead
> staff wouldn't lead to much.

That's not the problem.
We had a great DC who went on to HC in Denver.
Have one of the best ST coaches in Rizzi.

But you cant make chicken salad out of chicken $#!T.
It's Greer and T-bums responsibility to evaluate and draft/trade for talent, while not destroying the salary cap.

So far, they've done a piss poor job.

What makes Ross a great owner is the fact he stays out of football decisions, and has a wide-open check book. That's all you can ask for.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 02, 2017 08:35AM

> > What makes Ross a great owner is the fact he stays
> out of football decisions, and has a wide-open
> check book. That's all you can ask for.

IMO, what makes Ross a bad owner is that he makes hires based upon friendship rather than resume. Tannenbaum would be out of football but for his friendship with Ross. No team would hire him much less give him control of a franchise. An owner keeping hands off football decisions is great unless the person you give that decision-making is incompetent. Tannenbaum is incompetent. Not an opinion, a fact.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 02, 2017 10:26AM

Employing close friends is worse than employing family members. With family members you can be more critical and if necessary fire them when they aren't doing well. Family members take it better, IMO.

Close friends are difficult to fire because if they really are close, the relationship could be ruined with harsh criticism. Ross apparently cherishes his relationship with T-bomb and doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to fire him. Ross is out of his element owning the team,

Sunday's game will be very telling because of different backs in the game plus coming off many days rest. If nothing changes, Gase needs to be heavily criticized for his lack of leadership and coaching ability.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 02, 2017 11:19AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Employing close friends is worse than employing
> family members. With family members you can be
> more critical and if necessary fire them when they
> aren't doing well. Family members take it better,
> IMO.
>
> Close friends are difficult to fire because if
> they really are close, the relationship could be
> ruined with harsh criticism. Ross apparently
> cherishes his relationship with T-bomb and doesn't
> have the intestinal fortitude to fire him. Ross is
> out of his element owning the team,
>
> Sunday's game will be very telling because of
> different backs in the game plus coming off many
> days rest. If nothing changes, Gase needs to be
> heavily criticized for his lack of leadership and
> coaching ability.

Colonel, I couldn't agree more. Gase has set himself up to be excoriated by the media and fans if Drake and Williams lay eggs. Honestly, he'd better hope that Drake has a lot more talent than anyone thinks, because Williams is what he is. A slow, undrafted barely average RB who wouldn't start for anyone in the NFL. At least Drake is more of an unknown commodity. But once again, no RB will be successful behind this offensive line. I think Gase saying that Ajayi was always trying to hit the home run was crap. How many times did Jay get the ball only to be greeted by multiple defenders hitting him in the backfield. You know who was more at fault than Ajayi? Tannenbaum for thinking that this collection of journeyman linemen would be good enough. We could've signed Zeitler, or Lang. We could've drafted Lamp. No, we re-signed Bushrod who was contemplating retirement and Ted Larsen who's been a career backup. We did nothing as a contingency plan for the inevitable Pouncey injury. Instead, they cut a pro-bowl player, get nothing in return, and think that makes us better? If Ajayi was a locker room problem, then bench him. That sends a better message than trading him to a Super Bowl contending team. Then, if he continues to be a problem, in the off season you try to trade him for more than a damn fourth rounder and you replace him either in free agency or the draft. Gase better have thick skin because if things shake out like I suspect, Drake and Williams won't be the only ones getting booed each time they get stopped for a loss. The criticism of Gase is going to come fast and fierce and he'll deserve each and every bit of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.