HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          To All NFL players. Take a knee.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
To All NFL players. Take a knee.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 08:57AM

To the NFL players who take a knee during the playing of the National Anthem:

So, you want to take a knee?

Take a trip to Valley Forge in January. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle. Wait your turn while listening to the screams of pain from the wounded.

Then take a knee.

Go to Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, dodging dead bodies and withering machine gun fire,...the very sea stained with American blood. Imagine that your fellow players are your dead brothers in arms.

Then take a knee.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. Over 60,000 Americans died in those jungles.There was no playbook or million dollar contracts for doing your job, but they understood what our flag represented. When they came home, they were protested by their fellow Americans.

Then take a knee while they spit on you.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Trade in your pads for a Kevlar helmet and battle dress...You'll have to stay hydrated, but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. And watch out for those IEDs when you take a knee.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your protest, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled it defending your liberty.

So while you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on manicured fields striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of game yardage...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women on the land, air, and sea, delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us..so you would have the opportunity to dishonor their service by "taking a knee."

You have no clue what it took to get you where you are...your millions of dollars, mansions, cars etc...your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation, it points to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your stats and game jersey are completely forgotten..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To All NFL players. Take a knee.
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 27, 2017 11:17AM

What a beautiful post, SamSam. My eyes are wet.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 27, 2017 06:54PM

Anyone know who wrote that? Under the off chance spinning smiley sticking its tongue out that SamSam copied and pasted it from somewhere else.

Only asking because I like to attribute text copied from elsewhere to its source (and usually, include only a line or two) but this particular composition is apparently anonymous and therefore not subject to copyright.

Still, if anyone knows who the author is post it here so we can give credit where credit is due.

And if it really was you who composed it SamSam, get thee to a copyright lawyer! You could make some money here. !

Date: September 27, 2017 06:58PM

Am I so gullible?

Date: September 27, 2017 07:03PM

I googled it to see who the author was ( so I could attribute here) and saw it posted dozens of places as anonymously written.

We may never know.

Unless of course it was our very own SamSam in which case he needs a pulitzer prize and a book deal!

Date: September 27, 2017 07:12PM

Date: September 27, 2017 07:14PM

OKay, Treasure. I hear you....another attorney taken in by his crooked client.

Date: September 28, 2017 03:06AM

Definitely not Sammy....everything is spelled right, and he said it in one post.... not 3!grinning smiley

Seriously though..... great post and from a true immigrant to this great Nation. People like you Sam make this the best country in the world. God Bless you sir!smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 28, 2017 03:53AM

No jc it was from a friend facebook.........but it also brought a tear in my eye as well..
Oh and thanks for the thought to all. winking smiley

Date: September 28, 2017 03:59AM

In 2 posts.....we regular people have feelings 2.

Date: September 28, 2017 02:03PM

In 2 posts....... .LOL! You never dissapoint buddy!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 29, 2017 05:45PM

But JC, I know what you have to do but the taking the knee thing means that we didn't AS I CONFESS WE, PARTICULARLY I, USUALLY DO, and that is turn sports into politics.

This time the politics found its way into sports with the taking the knee stuff.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 30, 2017 11:47AM

What a powerful and eloquent description of the sacrifices our soldiers in uniform have made to protect the freedom that Americans have to exercise their rights to protest whatever they feel compelled to protest, in whichever manner they choose to. Every fallen soldier is an unmovable brick of a wall built in protection of the constitutional rights and freedoms guaranteed to our citizens. Every time I see an NFL player take a knee in protest of racial injustice, (nothing against their message), but I find myself reflecting more on the sacrifice our fallen warriors have made to ensure we live in a country where such a controversial act can occur without resulting in beheadings.

-from a man who has never had a reason to kneel during the national anthem and personally never would kneel if the day came that a valid reason compelled him to

Date: September 30, 2017 03:34PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> This time the politics found its way into sports
> with the taking the knee stuff.

That part was understandable, but eventually the sports component of that particular conversation disappeared entirely.

Date: September 30, 2017 03:39PM

Let's take it out on the Saints.

Date: October 04, 2017 05:23PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's take it out on the Saints.

Guess not. thumbs down

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.