HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We need a new coach...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
We need a new coach...
Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: September 24, 2017 10:13AM

I'm sorry, but Adam Gase' offense is an absolute joke.

The play calls are horrible.
The preparedness stinks.
His game time adjustments and management leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

31 yr old McVay has the Rams looking 100x better than this steaming pile of a team.

Something is horribly wrong!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We need a new coach...
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 24, 2017 10:19AM

out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2017 10:30AM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 10:23AM

> Something is horribly wrong!!

What's wrong is that our offensive line sucks, our linebackers suck, and our defensive coordinator should be coaching at the high school level.

Date: September 24, 2017 10:39AM

4th down and you throw the pass to a receiver who is SHORT OF the first down marker ....and the guy slips....would the writers for the THREE STOOGES think this scenario would be too Unbelievable to have them make a joke out of?

Date: September 24, 2017 10:42AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 4th down and you throw the pass to a receiver who
> is SHORT OF the first down marker ....and the guy
> slips....would the writers for the THREE STOOGES
> think this scenario would be too Unbelievable to
> have them make a joke out of?

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

Date: September 24, 2017 10:49AM

No excuses for that interception. The defender was BETWEEN Cutler and the receiver. A one in a million shot for a completion set against a Million to one odds that it will be intercepted is not justified by being behind by 20 in the 4th quarter.

You preserve a 1% chance of winning when the alternative is that by going for a million to one shot, you guarantee your own loss.

Date: September 24, 2017 10:52AM

Almost muffed the punt reception. Nyuck, Nyuck.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 12:26PM

Toko told you guys, this team is headed for a terrible season. At least they pulled one out in LA. Another plus is it would be good to have some high picks for the next draft. sad smiley

Date: September 24, 2017 01:09PM

toko34 Wrote:
> Toko told you guys, this team is headed for a
> terrible season. At least they pulled one out in
> LA. Another plus is it would be good to have some
> high picks for the next draft. sad smiley

Draft picks only as good as the person making them.

Date: September 24, 2017 01:38PM

LOL. Good point. We have a way of screwing up drafts as well.

Date: September 24, 2017 01:43PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> LOL. Good point. We have a way of screwing up
> drafts as well.

Has anyone seen Charles Harris? Timmons had as many tackles as he did.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 24, 2017 02:01PM

How did Gase not question/challenge that incomplete pass that went for an 8 yd gain as a fumble recovery?!!
Had we recovered that ball(can't believe we didn't!!), Bowles would certainly challenged that call, and would have won.
Where's Gase's head??!! Instead of 2nd and 10, he gave them 2nd and 2. That's HUGE!!

Then, ended the game with 2 timeouts left. I thought he gave up a little soon.

I'm seeing red flags.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 25, 2017 07:12AM

C'mon guys...the Dolphins don't need a new coaching staff. None of the plays called were outlandish. What is terribly frightening for fans is the lack of execution the Dolphins' exhibited against the Jets. They were positively FLAT. It was a team exposing their exhaustion to the NFL. That's my take. There is little time for them to recover from the events of the past 3 weeks. They will soon be off to fly to a time zone 5 hours from what they are used to.

I'll bet there's not too many of you that have been forced to stay sharp for 48 hours without sleep. I've been there, done that several times. I'm not saying any Dolphins' didn't get rest but flying across country is one thing, having to deal with news of a hurricane that was going to decimate South Florida (luckily it bypassed much of us on the East coast) on top of things just adds more mental strain, sometimes physical strain.

Lets give the Dolphins staff and bruised and battered players a chance to get their lives back together. In military parlance, "to fire and fall back." Tomorrow is another day and cheerfully a better one on Sunday against the Saints. winking smiley

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 09:01AM

I love you Colonel (no homo) but I am not making excuses for them. I was in the USMC and I have had to go through more than 48 hours periods multiple times and getting paid absolutely nothing for it. Did I bitch or complain? Not one second. I did what I was being paid to do and taking great pride it in as well.

Maybe they should have focused more on what they are paid to do instead of protesting and wearing shirts that are idiotic. I for one am glad they got smoked and shown to be what they are.....mediocre...

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 25, 2017 09:20AM

The jets came out and were more physical right out of the gate. The dolphins never responded. We were slow in play, slow in execution, slow at the line, slow out of the huddle, slow in our routes, slow in coverage, slow to call plays...just plain slow all day. We got punched in the mouth and never responded. None of our leaders did a thing about it either.

Suh, Landry, Ajayi, Cutler, Stills, Parker, Jones, Pouncey, etc. None made a play and none played at all as if they cared whether they won or lost.

Landry, Parker and Ajayi for thier part had injuries prior to the game and I wonder if they were slowed a bit because of that...the others don't get any benefit of the doubt.

As Gases said, we got our a $$es kicked.

We DO NOT in any way need a new coach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 09:21AM by Ken.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 25, 2017 11:21AM

OCphin Wrote:
> I'm sorry, but Adam Gase' offense is an absolute
> joke.
>
> The play calls are horrible.
> The preparedness stinks.
> His game time adjustments and management leaves a
> hell of a lot to be desired.
>
> 31 yr old McVay has the Rams looking 100x better
> than this steaming pile of a team.
>
> Something is horribly wrong!!

I disagree.

Gase is limited in what plays he can call when: his OLine can't run block (how many rushing yards Sunday?) nor pass block (how much pressure was Cutler under?). His receivers can't get any separation (you see how open the Jets receivers were?). His defensive backfield is presently playing like crap (for two games, now).

Sorry, OCphin, Gase is not the problem.

Date: September 25, 2017 11:49AM

But Grimey missing sleep in school cannot be compared to performing in a strategic game like football.

As far as the protest is concerned, that too cannot either justify the poor performance or explain it so both sides of that controversy lose because it is irrelevant.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: September 26, 2017 03:46AM

I dont know who to blame here to be honest. The coach for his play calling..yes, isnt he the one who brought in the thomas TE that so far is worthless...yes, not being able to make adjustments during the game...yes, for putting tunsil at tackle when he obviously is not doing well at nfl level..yes, for not getting a center and counting on pouncey who is horrible now...yes, for the D coach who is horrible..yes For not preparing his team...yes, but when it comes down to it he isnt playing the game so all the errors and faults and poor play are the the players responsibility not his. So enough blame to go around for sure. How many years do we watch the same O line over and over absolutely suck? Pick a spot and a person but surely they are to blame as well. I guess we will find out sunday.

Date: September 26, 2017 08:54AM

When Kevin Zeitler and TJ Lang were both available in free agency this off season, I was certain that we'd go after one or the other. Privately, I wanted both but knew there probably was no way to do that under the cap. I wanted to draft Forrest Lamp in the first round. I figured we could finally solve our o line issues. What did Tannenbaum and crew do? Nothing. Signed Ted Larson who is a journeyman guard at best. Drafted Harris in the first (I've only seen his face on a milk carton as being missing) Drafted Asiata in the 5th round who barely made the 53 man roster. Resigned Bushrod. You only go as far as your offensive line can take you. In our case, that's not very far. I have no belief in this front office. None. Knowing that offensive line was a huge problem, they did nothing. They deserve a lot of the blame.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 27, 2017 07:01AM

I've gotten quite used to this team sucking harder than Linda Lovelace. I am so not surprised that this team got smoked.

Date: September 27, 2017 11:19AM

How old are you 808, to know of Linda Lovelace?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 11:52AM

I love candy samples.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 09, 2017 10:30AM

Does everyone still think we're ok at HC?
QB guru?! Genius offensive mind?! Bring Cutler out of retirement?!
Are you kidding me?!

The numbers don't lie. Between the bad play calls(wildcat?!), poor QB production, and the offense's overall lack of execution, the Dolphins have one of the worse O units in the league.

I honestly think Gase is in a bit over his head. He may evolve into a solid HC, but he's not there yet.

Kind of the Ryan Tannenhill of HCs. Another project...great.

Date: October 09, 2017 10:42AM

Cant comment on the Football because I haven't watched........But I was a Cristy Canyon fan myself. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 09, 2017 11:15AM

I'm not happy with the offense either. I think Cutler gives up too early when pressure is in the same zip code. The good thing is that other than the Chiefs, no team has been super dominant. there is time to get it together.

FYI - Ginger Lynn was smoking hot!!!

Date: October 09, 2017 01:16PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Cant comment on the Football because I haven't
> watched........

Come on, Treasure. Get over it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.