Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Might be my last post here for a while........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Might be my last post here for a while........
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 27, 2017 06:35AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 06:41AM

Who cares how he made his money or what he has done with it. I believe that was his decision. Show me one business person who has not declared bankruptcy before. He still worth what roughly 10 Billion...So he must know a little something about business huh...

I am so willing to support any free speech these NFL players wish to use, on their own time. That is the issue here. The forum which they do it under and the opportunity in which they take.

What in the hell is kneeling during the National Anthem going to fix. That is the issue. Why not take some time out and go to these inner cities, go to DC and sit with these politicians, have meaningful discussions with First Responder. Why spit on the very thing that gives you the right to protest anyways.

And don't say it isn't about Trump either because these week proved it was and if you look at any news feed it will feed into that notion as well. Do I think Trump should have tweeted about this topic? Hell no...but do I think he was correct in defending his beliefs? Yes. You have the right to free speech as you have a right to be criticized for how you feel.

People are just so damn sensitive these days. Bunch of whiny a$$ children. How many times have you called anyone a SOB just as a reference. Media blowing it way out of proportion.

And as TCPF has stated numerous times, look at the Dallas PD patch the Cowboys wanted to wear but were told no and the 9/11 cleats...That doesn't fit the "cool" narrative of this country right now.

I am with you 100% Toko but on your own time. Is kneeling really going to fix these issue. It is only going to make people hate and resist that movement even more.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 27, 2017 06:50AM

Good post there Grimey13.

BTW - I sure miss #13 looking all grimey after a game at the Orange Bowl winking smiley

Date: September 27, 2017 07:16AM

I have come to this forum for years and have come to know all of you thru here. Only recently have I started posting. Couldn't stay quite any more.

Everyone here is awesome and have their own beliefs and that is what makes it so great, what makes this country so great.

I want nothing more than equality for all in regards to everything. Just go about it another way. Do you really think the average American cares what a celebrity or a spoiled athlete says they believe?...Get out there and do something to change. Not kneel on your spoiled knees and just think that will change anything.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 09:54AM

Date: September 27, 2017 10:18AM

He has taken his money and made that much more money. So yes his track record for making that money sticks out. You are the one that mentioned his money and his bankruptcies. I was just saying that all business men go through their share of financial burdens but how many actual learn from it and better themselves. We all see that he has.

Did you really just use Rosa Parks sitting in the front of a bus as an example of what is going on right now in the NFL? Was Rosa parks at her place of business? Was she being paid by the people who support the transportation industry? Was the National Anthem playing over the bus speakers? Man you should have really thought about that comparison before you said it. Rosa Parks is a hero and to group her with these millionaires is just wrong.

I do have a problem with supporting Kap though. This started because of him and at first he had no reason why he sat his ass on the bench. Then he came up with something and wore those stupid socks and wore the Fidel Castro shirt to a press conference. Do you realize how asinine that is??? Such a hypocrite

Jerry Jones agrees about kneeling yes....during the National Anthem...Hell no...They all stand locking arms during the anthem. That is the point and that is why Trump is calling him a hero now. He (Jerry) stood up to all these little bitches and told them they will stand. Before the game kneel and protest. I have no problem with that.

I think you are missing that point Toko. Other than that we agree...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2017 10:20AM by Grimey13.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 27, 2017 10:37AM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 11:00AM

I stand by the Rosa Parks comparison...here's why:
In our time, and now that segregation has been resolved thanks to the efforts of Ms. Parks and her allies, it's easy for all sides to look in retrospect and with the clarity of vision which time provides us with, to reflect and see her as a hero. On the other hand, if we turn back the clocks to the time she did what she did-I am fairly certain she took tremendous flak from establishment types and traditionalists. This flak I equate with how Kaepernick decided to go against the flow and is now taking on tremendous damage(the loss of millions and his job) right now on this unresolved issue. He could have easily just apologized and kept playing, but he thought this issue was important enough for him to be the lead voice against a wrong that he saw in his nation and yet he decided to become vocal and stand up. In my experience, people that rebel and leave the flock are usually yelled at pretty hard...especially by military types.

I dislike Jerry Jones immensely, but I applaud his solution. Let his players have their voice, while at the same time respecting the tradition of saluting the flag. Very ingenious. I believe we might see more teams adopt the Jerry Jones solution next week as it appeases both sides.

We are in agreement that Trump is a businessman, but as to his effectiveness, the most important report card is not yet complete. I believe his budget ideas will go into effect October 1st. Let's see what happens.

Date: September 27, 2017 11:13AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 27, 2017 11:47AM

African Americans are treated like they are treated because most of them are thugs. Did you not see the looting after the hurricane Irma? Most of the looters were black. Overall they get what they deserve.....btw I'm really dark skin myself.

Date: September 27, 2017 11:51AM

There are good people of all races and bad as well......but I'm not blind......every time there is a crime on tv.......90 percent it is a African american.

Date: September 27, 2017 12:01PM

So me agreeing with some of the things he says make me have a man crush? I even said he should not have put his opinion on this whole issue...but guess what? Like you he has freedom of speech but when he talks he gets shit on...no matter the subject.

If you want to hate some one hate on your man crush Hillary...she knew how elections are won and that isn't by popular vote. Neither Hillary or Trump are perfect but at least Trump loves America. But enough with Trump and Hillary.

This is about the NFL and the Anthem...STAND THE @#$%& UP!!!!

Date: September 27, 2017 12:27PM

Think about it Sam. You don't see millionaires breaking into homes at night or mugging people in urban alleys. And in every nation, as well as your own Cuba and the Artic, it's the POOR people that commit the crimes because they have the MOTIVE TO DO IT.

What's that motive???????????????????? Poverty of course. The statistics you state are understandable from the standpoint of MOTIVE.

The motive for crime, whether it be theft, robbery, or drug dealing, is poverty.

For a millionaire, it's greed. But I feel a lot less offended by a poor man shoplifting in a supermarket than a man who has millions more than me, violating trade laws by having his goods made overseas and then shipping them back to me to pay for it while taking jobs from people trying to earn a living.

SamSam, are you of African descent (a lot of slaves were sent to South America and Cuba in the 1800s) or are you just saying that you are dark like there are dark skinned Italians?

Date: September 27, 2017 12:40PM

I agree with you chyren about the whole poverty being the issue. Blacks are not the only people in poverty though. Plenty of Asian-Americans, European-Americans, ohhhh wait let me just say Americans because that is what we all are.

Is poverty a reason to kill and commit drive-bys or straight up murder someone because they are from the wrong hood? No...what financial aid does that bring to you and your family. Let's please try to lower the black on black crime before we worry about the very few bad cops that are actually put there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2017 12:41PM by Grimey13.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 27, 2017 12:44PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> African Americans are treated like they are
> treated because most of them are thugs. Did you
> not see the looting after the hurricane Irma? Most
> of the looters were black. Overall they get what
> they deserve.....btw I'm really dark skin myself.

Sam, I'm sorry, but you are a full blown moron.
You are the typical dumb F that drags our society down, and slows the progress of human advancement.
It's your type of thinking that screams "I'm an ignorant a-hole, and proud of it!", whenever you speak your mind.
Please, just let everyone think you're an idiot. Don't open your mouth and prove it!
Unbelievable!!

Date: September 27, 2017 12:50PM

Date: September 27, 2017 01:17PM

socalphin Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > African Americans are treated like they are
> > treated because most of them are thugs. Did you
> > not see the looting after the hurricane Irma?
> Most
> > of the looters were black. Overall they get
> what
> > they deserve.....btw I'm really dark skin
> myself.
>
> Sam, I'm sorry, but you are a full blown moron.
> You are the typical dumb F that drags our society
> down, and slows the progress of human
> advancement.
> It's your type of thinking that screams "I'm an
> ignorant a-hole, and proud of it!", whenever you
> speak your mind.
> Please, just let everyone think you're an idiot.
> Don't open your mouth and prove it!
> Unbelievable!!

Ahh i got to you because you know deep down inside i speak the truth.......

Out of allmost all the looters 90 percent are black..

And you know what hurts you is that you cannot call me racist because iam black too....

Im black but iam not blind.

AHHHH and a nice big FU to you too.

Date: September 27, 2017 01:18PM

Well I was commenting on the present because that what this is about right? Bring up stuff that has no relevance in this discussion and there you go...I don't agree so I must be racist. Most common word to throw around now a days. Way to be just like the liberal narritive chryen. Respected you man. I really wish you knew me man...that thought would have never even popped in your head...

Date: September 27, 2017 01:19PM

Date: September 27, 2017 01:23PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> There are good people of all races and bad as
> well......but I'm not blind......every time there
> is a crime on tv.......90 percent it is a African
> american.

(Cough) (Cough) just spit out my diet Pepsi all over the screen..........

I love you sammy.....I truly do buddy. smileys with beer
But now you gots to find yourself a new Lawyer here. drinking smiley
Chyrene just took you off retainer and is mailing you a refund!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 27, 2017 01:23PM

Chren as far as crime......

I urge all black people to go get a job and stop looting....

You see all these black woman at wallmart dragging all their 9 kids behind with two karts full of food....

Who paid for that food you ask?

FOODSTAMPS....The goverment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smiling smiley

you see...

Nowdays its a way of life of getting pregnant or however you spell it and let the goverment support you...

AGAIN....Go get a job and stop looting.

Date: September 27, 2017 01:27PM

BTW when i said black i mean all races not only african american.....That was a typo.

But every single time you see lootings 90 percent are black.

OPEN YOUR EYES FOLKS.

Date: September 27, 2017 01:31PM

Iam black cuban .............american citizen and iam proud to be an american citizen.

And my whole family has had a job ever since we arrived in this country. Why can't you?

Chren i have spanish from spain and african decendants.

EDITED TO ADD....However...we do have some light skinned members in our family....Puerto rican dominican kid of light skin. We all the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2017 01:38PM by samsam3738.

Date: September 27, 2017 01:35PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There are good people of all races and bad as
> > well......but I'm not blind......every time
> there
> > is a crime on tv.......90 percent it is a
> African
> > american.
>
>
> (Cough) (Cough) just spit out my diet Pepsi all
> over the screen..........
>
> I love you sammy.....I truly do buddy. smileys with beer
> But now you gots to find yourself a new Lawyer
> here. drinking smiley
> Chyrene just took you off retainer and is mailing
> you a refund!

LOL....Guess not!

And chren still my lawyer.

Date: September 27, 2017 02:12PM

Let's list the crimes.

Theft.
Robbery.
Burglary.
Murder (unrelated to any other money driven motive).
Embezzlement.
Drug dealing.
Violation of the fair trade acts.
Kidnapping.
Rape.

When you look at the above crimes of theft, robbery, and burglary, these are economically motivated crimes. You don't see Wall Street Millionaires and bankers commit them. You see people living in poverty stricken neighborhoods, whether Black or Latino, and when it comes to drug taking, even poor Whites in Appalachia, commit those crimes that bring in money.

But when you look at murder UNRELATED TO ANY MONEY, you see the statistics are the same whether White, Black, Hispanic or Asian. Just divorce economics from the equation.

But what about kidnapping, rape and child molestation???. What are we to make of the fact that if you look at John Walsh's "America's Most Wanted" you find more White child molesters?????

Why? Are Whites more prone to be child molesters?

No. It's because there are SIMPLY more Whites and therefore you are going to see more Whites being charged. That's because of raw population overabundance of Whites.

But poverty crimes (including gang killings) are a function of economics.

So it is not surprising that low income people are going to be involved in low income crimes such as gang killings and robberies.

And SamSam, looting is a function of poverty. If the Castro regime was to be overthrown and the military were caught off guard, I'd bet you you'd see the statistics of looting in HAVANA track very closely the economics of the persons who are doing the looting. Few rich people would be looting.

That's because of poverty, not race. Do you really think that, if he were alive and there was a riot, you'd see Michael Jackson out there looting with the rest????????????????????????????????????

Date: September 27, 2017 02:14PM

And dammit, Treasure.....there are no freakin REFUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 27, 2017 02:47PM

A note to Poverty......get off your butts....and get a job people.....stop waiting for the goverment to support you....that goes for all.

Date: September 27, 2017 03:12PM

There is no poor in the land of opportunity...you are poor because you are too lazy to get off your butts and expect the government to support you.

Date: September 27, 2017 03:30PM

SamSam, Tell that to the poor Whites in Appalacchia. Tell that to them in the barrio.

Tell that to even the Welfare WORKERS in the big city who will TELL YOU that people are on welfare BECAUSE people like Trump are sending all the telephone operator jobs to India and Pakistan (where they take the jobs because they get paid money that goes farther there then the money they could make from Pakistani companies).

Tell that to the former factory workers in the Midwest who seen their blue collar jobs go to China because of businessmen like Trump.

I've gone from the plains of Oklahoma to the Watts Riots to Berkeley in the late 60's to Harvard and I'll tell you one thing....the simpler the explanation for something that you come up with....the more likely that explanation is to be wrong.

Date: September 27, 2017 04:00PM

I know where you coming from.....but nobody can change my mind.....

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.