Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Might be my last post here for a while........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Might be my last post here for a while........
Date: September 23, 2017 01:14PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Might be my last post here for a while........
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 23, 2017 01:34PM

Treasure, I have already made clear my sentiments of my (disgust is too small a word) for those who profess to protest on behalf of Black people and show it by denigrating the very flag a symbol of the federal government from freeing us from slavery to the Civil Rights acts of the 60's was most responsible for helping us.

But there will always be idiots.

And there will always be ordinary people (like owners) who don't recognize on what side of the issue they should be.

How many people have you heard express my sentiments? Terribly few.

That should go to prove to you that most people are idiots.

So Treasure, if you are going to withdraw from this game because you find that there are idiots, even associated with the Dolphins, then you are going to end up having to find yourself in a cave in the Artic circle.

So just shrug your shoulders and remember that me, a Black kid from Fort Sill, Oklahoma in the 60's is just as offended as you but you can't let them run you off because that is precisely what they would rejoice in if they knew it. Not only do they bully the NFL owners but eliminate their fans as well. Don't let them win.

Date: September 23, 2017 02:11PM

last year I would have agreed with you brother. But this is growing and out of control. Little 9 yr olds are now kneeling. They are calling for an anti law enforcement month. These POS pampered millionaires want to protest ME. Ross backs them I'm done. First Team that supports Law enforcment gets mt support. At least until we get new ownership.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 23, 2017 04:52PM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 23, 2017 06:21PM

Core values. It's core values. I was taught early to respect the law, follow rules and regulations, respect your parents, be a good friend, help and care for others, animals and respect the rights and privacy of your neighbors. The American flag flies daily at my house. One of my closest friends, I've known him over 63 years, does the same thing. We grew up in the 50s....We share the same belief system and core values.

I understand and dislike the antics of any person in the US that disrespects the American flag and the good people that protect our Constitutional rights and work to preserve good order and discipline.

Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, but just because one has the right in America to say something doesn't mean it is always the right thing or smartest thing to do.

I agree with you TC and Chyren.

Date: September 23, 2017 06:47PM

Being a soldier, I knew you would.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: September 23, 2017 07:09PM

TC and chyren, you are both friends of mine however I have never met either of you. I have posted here for years and years and have been involved in many debates and ridiculed for my grammar and constant bitching lol. As you know, i have been seriously sick for the past 4 yrs dealing with an incurable disease that quite frankly pisses me off, as my time may or may not be short as I am awaiting transplants. What you dont know is that I was a sailor in the usn and was active duty when we bombed Libya and I cant stand this shit that is going on in the world today. The protests the tearing down of monuments what exactly the @#$%& does any of this have to do with anyone alive today?? Me, or either of you cannot protest our dislikes at our work. however I am unable to work now, but the point is, we cant and never could, If these assholes, yes I am calling all of these @#$%& assholes, want to protest then get a permit and do so after work hours and on their own time. I am not against free speech but there is a time and place for it, and the damn football field on work time getting paid is not it. I am ashamed to say that I put my life on the line for the shit that is happening now, but if given the chance would jump into a fire to save people now, I don't even remember why i started this reply now lol, but I have to say with my own 2 cents that enough is enough. If nobody likes this goddamn country stop cashing in the @#$%& money that says united states of America and in god we trust and move the hell out and shut the hell up and grow a set of balls. hows that for my opinion??

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 06:27AM

My regular happy hour crowd is a bunch of veterans and ex cops most had both careers. An older bunch I am the youngest in my early 50's. One bronze star, Vietnam, one purple heart, Afghanistan, about 3 others carry ph/s. Vietnam, Beirut, some places unknown they have been there. These are the guys I gauge my opinions on. They talk I listen. They, like me don't agree w/ the kneeling but respect the right to protest, to dissent. This is what I hear the most as to why they fought and what they fought for, very rarely they say one thinks of the flag in combat.

As far as kneeling that is an honorable protest as I hear them say. They are not turning their backs on, burning or desecrating one of the most beloved symbols of our country as some did in the sixties.
Simply kneeling before it in silence, almost a soldiers protest.

Not to like it is your American right, to protest is their American right. I like coming to this sight to catch up on how others view the Phins. I do not particular like to hear your rants on this subject but its your right and I respect it. You can protest your job officers have striked before. It takes balls to do so.

I don't like Klan & Nazi rallies but you know what, they have the right as Americans. Maybe you should cash in your Dolphins tickets and do as Mr Trump says walk away.

I think its a good time for me to take a break from this sight.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 08:00AM

I thought the locking arms was a good message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: September 24, 2017 08:59AM

But it started with Kaepernick on the sidelines last year basically "flipping off" the National Anthem by looking totally disinterested, not standing, not looking, and not paying attention. If the protests has evolved into a John Carlos type of thing where they give the Black Power salute to the Flag, then that's a different thing. But I don't think so. It is the same flip off of the flag.

Date: September 24, 2017 09:19AM

I just think locking arms is a better look then kneeling during the anthem.. I personally think that is a sign of unity and less disrespful to the anthem..

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 09:33AM

Many of the players on the sidelines are shuffling their feet, chewing gum, disinterested looks on their faces, no hands over their hearts. How, in heaven's name, is that any more respectful than kneeling or locking arms. A tempest in a teapot.

Date: September 24, 2017 09:56AM

I get it, I don't like any disrespect to he anthem or flag.. But IMO, locking arms is better then kneeling during the anthem..

Nietzsche

Date: September 24, 2017 11:46AM

There is so much more to this, we cant all discuss it here in its entirety. Many of us will have different levels as to how this affects you , or maybe not at all. Depends on you .

I appreciate everyone's words above and would love to meet you and share my table with anyone of you. How many Millions watch NFL Football? With such a huge audience you are bound to get people from many different backgrounds/experiences. Football is a business. People pay for the entertainment, the players are paid to perform. Its that simple. THIS DOES NOT BELONG HERE. Its that simple. No player has a right to interject politics/opinions into his her work space. If I see it at a restaurant , or any place a business I wont go there again. Its bad for business. And the NFL is no different. the 32 owners are completely at fault for this mess. 100%

Glad I didn't watch today for reasons other then politics. I found time to power wash after the storm, take down the shutters. NFL doesnt get smarter I'll move on without them.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 12:32PM

Someone wrote today- take a knee protests are about police violence, they are not about the military or the Constitution. I think that's pretty accurate. I feel the players acted today as sort of a "screw you" to 45 and what he's been saying these protests are not against the flag or the USA. These players are looking for unity and a country joined...much like the G.S. Warriors are united. I wouldn't take it personally Treasure.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 24, 2017 01:25PM

See ya. Please stay gone.

Date: September 24, 2017 01:36PM

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: September 24, 2017 01:41PM

Wan't to get your message heard as a Player? Make great plays and everyone will stick a mic in your face and then you can say what you want, the Flag is not the forum!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 24, 2017 02:07PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Look at the amount of arrests each team has had.

Hey, at least we're leading our division!

Date: September 24, 2017 02:19PM

socalphin Wrote:
> See ya. Please stay gone.

Don't worry.....we can still see each otber at your mom's place....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 24, 2017 02:20PM

JC Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Look at the amount of arrests each team has
> had.
>
>
> Hey, at least we're leading our division!

Lol!! At least the police are wining!smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 24, 2017 02:29PM

You are TOO cold, Treasure. LOL.

Date: September 24, 2017 02:30PM

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 03:19AM

30 minutes before the Miami game yesterday I saw a Twitter feed about certain Miami players wearing the ISTANDFORKAP shirt what what the F ever it said. Well I didn't watch one minute of the game and so glad they got stomped. Actually I did't watch one second of any football yesterday and it actually didn't bother me.

I know we have varying opinions here and this is the one I stand to make. Locking arms I think is awesome. Kneeling has no place. I am a veteran, my father is a retired veteran, my grandfather is a veteran (although he was navy...haha). Please find another way to protest your disgust.

Sorry to see you go TCPF but I feel ya man. I actually had a cookout yesterday and spent time with family and friends. Best Sunday I have had in (during football season) 2 years.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 03:43AM

I have to agree with tcpf 1000 percent here.

Posted by: DVDon ()
Date: September 25, 2017 05:57AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 25, 2017 06:16AM

Its not about donald trump and what he says.......He is not going to be our president forever...

Donald trump talks trash but he states the truth.

When you kneel to the national anthem you are disrespecting this country and our flag.

That cannot be forgiven.

NFL players are selfish and very immature.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: September 25, 2017 06:44AM

I just think all this bullshit is just absolutly stupid and beyond any comprehension that i can fathom. Now you have whole teams not even getting on the field?? seriously? Ross I dont give a shit about the linking arms thing, stupid and to be honest juvenile in my book, how about putting a @#$%& team together that can play instead of worrying about there feelings?? if you want to be a pre k teacher open a day care. but in the mean time quite your bullshit and do what your supposed to do, play football. I think your job performance is more important than where you stand. If it were my team you would be in line at unemployment and you can collect that damn money instead of the millions i pay you to not do your damn job. sorry folks, but this crap has really got me pissed off. so the stance is i dont have to tackle, catch block or anything related to my job because I am more interested in having my voice heard?? well hey to everyone of you dolphin players, coaches and owners and to every single one on every team, here my voice loud and clear okay? " go @#$%& yourself" now maybe i can get on the news and tell you what I think.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 25, 2017 09:51AM

Could everyone please keep their political opinions to themselves on this forum.

No one gives a flying F what you think politically.

Please keep it to football and armchair GM-ing.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 25, 2017 10:00AM

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.