HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pre-Season Game number 3
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pre-Season Game number 3
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 24, 2017 06:11PM

Didn't look as bad as last week but..............

STILL....dumb mistakes.

I know Treasure...just practice....but the things I am seeing are going to drive you crazy in a regular season game. AND ABSENT A MIRACLE, THEY WILL HAPPEN.

I'm NOT talking about being OUTplayed.

I'm talking about being outMATCHED.

I'm talking about mistakes OF THE HEAD that result IN THE BODY BEING OUT OF POSITION.

This extended to all areas of play. Oline D line, backfield, QB, receiving, linebacking, and secondary.

Everything except kicking and punting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pre-Season Game number 3
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 25, 2017 03:03AM

QB - Moore showed why we signed Cutler. Some games he just plain sucks and needs to be pulled. Like what I saw from Doughty.

OLine needs consistency. James flattened his man on one play and just plain got beat on another. The sack Tunsil gave up I think Cutler should have noticed the DE's extra wide set. If Tunsil comes out to get him he is going to spin inside, if he waits for the DE to attack him DE is going around. DE is in control of that situation. You need a TE or rb to help if you do not audible or get rid of the ball. OK play from the guards and centers. We still need holes opened up regularly not occasionally.

RBs OK, they ran when the lanes were there. Good to see Storm Johnson get some reps. Still think we need to carry another power runner but not sure he is the guy.

WR/TE - a good night. Parker can be a beast, Stills and Landry made plays. Grant showed he wants to play some football. Would be nice to see Grant and Williams run some plays together.

D Front 7 - a good night
D Back 4 - Terrible, I thought we finally had a FS that we could pair up w/ Jones but I have not noticed much difference in play from that spot from 2016. Receivers finding the gaps consistently on 3rd down and no ints from the back 4. Bad game.

I liked this game better than game 2. Our players on all levels pretty much went toe to toe w/ the Eagles. The Ravens just slapped our backups around I did not like that.

Date: August 25, 2017 03:29AM

Starting offense looked great. Not perfect, but we have legit deep ball threat now.....going to stretch defenses and give Ayjai another pro bowl season. Oline just needs to stay healthy. Matt Moore Sucks. I predict he falls to 3rd string behind Cutler and Fells.

Defense.....confused smiley we have significant issues. Corners, linebackers, the front is solid.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 25, 2017 06:11AM

I still think our offensive line will be the team's Achilles heel. Tannenbaum and co. really did nothing to improve the line in the off season. They signed a journeyman guard in Larsen and drafted a 5th rounder in draft. I would have rather not re-signed Branch and picked up Lang in free agency. I'd have rather drafted Forest Lamp in the first round and taken the best available pass rusher in the second (the fact that Lamp tore his ACL in camp notwithstanding). There are really only two all pro caliber lineman slated to start (and I'm being generous with Tunsel who though promising hasn't proven how good a left tackle he's going to be). Pouncey is great but fragile. As much as our defense needed to be rebuilt, I can't help but think we should've done way more on the o line.

Date: August 25, 2017 11:02AM

I agree, that Oline is a deck of cards.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 25, 2017 11:42AM

Like I said, it's kind of hard to describe. But the thing that gets me is.......oh, yeah!....that song from the sixties by Mary Wells, "You beat me to the punch." It's like always they beat us to the punch. Like when there was a loose ball out there, their man got it. When there was a one on one with their ball carrier being pinned against the sidelines, he faked our guy out. If there was a bouncing ball, they got it.

I don't know what's going on but we suck worse than last year.

Date: August 28, 2017 03:57AM

Not even close. The Pats reg lose preseason games that's when you try out new schemes, players. See what works and what doesn't.

The starting offense had a few penalties but Cutler is really in Synch....and he's only practiced a month!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 28, 2017 06:07AM

ChrenQuote: I don't know what's going on but we suck worse than last year.

Gotta agree with that.....

And we did nothing to improve it high in the draft.....allwe did is draft a late rounder and sign some scrubs...

This is going to be the downfall of this team in 2017-18.

Date: August 30, 2017 05:31AM

You guys watching the same TEAM? Granted our depth is lacking, especially on defense, but the starters KILLED except for some penalities.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.