HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Preseason Predictions - Adjusted
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Preseason Predictions - Adjusted
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: August 15, 2017 06:33AM

Before preseason, I was cautiously optimistic. Tanneyhill - season ending injury. McMillan - season ending injury. Lippett - season ending injury. Ajayi - already in and out of concussion protocol.
We don't have the depth to overcome any more losses of key personnel. Things are beginning to look bleak and we haven't even played the 2nd preseason game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Preseason Predictions - Adjusted
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 12:56AM

11-5

Tannehill is average at best. He and Cutler are comparable stat wise. Body language, not so much.

McMillan has never played a snap in the NFL so no one know if it's a huge loss or not. They still have nearly a month until the regular season to get a vet LB to fill in.

Lippett is a backup DB. Not a big loss

Larsen is the biggest loss. Still a revolving door a G. I'd look for a vet fill in off the scrap heap.

Not worried about Ajayi.

When you have injuries it's time for the staff to shine. I like what Gase got out of these guys in year 1 and think he'll be fine know he has a QB he wanted.

Cutler will take more chances deep and will utilize the talents of Parker and Still moreso than Tanny. It's the boneheaded mistakes I worry about.

Our early schedule isn't that bad. It gives us time to come together as a team for the tougher stretch.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 06:48AM

We needed McMillan, I just don't see Hull as a starter. I thought the rookie could fill that hole. They have to bring in a mlb.

Lippett - was on the ascend. The only thing from making this a big loss is the deph we have at corner.

Larsen - I still was not convince that he was the answer at G.

Cutler is an improvement and as mentioned I too think he will get more out of our receivers than Tanne.

Saying that I still think we can go 10-5 w/ the team we have.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 07:32AM

Quote: Cutler is an improvement and as mentioned I too think he will get more out of our receivers than Tanne.

Do you think tanne was that bad?

I called tannehill the wet firecracker and i still didnt think he was worse than cutler.

I wish cutler the best and i wish he starts and plays lights out but i just have a bad feeling about this.

If the Oline stays healthy and with the receivers we have and cutler doesnt play well then cutler needs to retire from football once and for all.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 16, 2017 07:43AM

You also said that Moore was "just a backup." I think Cutler was brought in to backup Moore and not the other way around.

I'd be very surprised to see Cutler get the starting role.

You guys just don't recognize what a good job Moore did last year.

Gase is no fool like Philbin who INSISTED on playing guys based on some theoretical chart instead of seeing who was the best game performer. This, even though Tannehill, a read option QB who was uncomfortable in the pocket, continued to disappoint. Gase started putting in more plays that suited Tanny's natural talent and with Tanny out, I'll bet Moore is the starter.

Right now, he's using this opportunity to see what Doughty can do and will no doubt use the remaining pre season game to see how Cutler works out.

If Cutler blows it out the water, he might, he might, he just might, start Cutler over Moore but I doubt it. The job is Moore's to lose.

Date: August 16, 2017 07:55AM

Philbin didnt want to run tannehill out of the pocket so he didnt get hurt like he did last year.

Maybe thats why he insisted on making tannehill a pocket qb.

And i agree philbin stunk as a coach.

Too bad for tannehill.....

He was good on the run but got hurt as soon and they gave him the choice of throwing or running.

At least he lasted more than RG3.

Date: August 16, 2017 08:32AM

Yes I think overall Cutler is better nfl qb than Tanne. Arm, reading defenses Cutler. Coachabilty Tanne. Im hedging my bet on Cutler on Gase working his qb magic on him. I think Cutler is our starter.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 08:33AM

They didn't give Cutler 10mm to sit the bench. Gase said as much too.

Cutler is a turd but considering our choices, he was the best option.

His pocket presence is far superior to Tannehills. His problem is the boneheaded throws instead of throwing it away, he forces it into coverage. Live to play another down.

I'd rather Moore start but $10mm says it's Cutler.

Date: August 16, 2017 09:26AM

Maybe gase can guide him once again..........

Date: August 16, 2017 09:44AM

I hope Gase sends Cutler straight to the bench and inserts Moore if we start 1-2 and he has 6/7 int's (half of them dumb) in that stretch.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 16, 2017 11:25AM

Getting Cutler was all about selling tickets. Naming Moore as the starter would have given the impression that we have given up on the season. Cutler adds a small bit of star power.
This team wasn't going to the play-offs with or without Tannehill.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: CG ()
Date: August 20, 2017 02:40PM

I'm from Chicago and watched him up close. Cutler is far behind Ryan at reading defenses. When team's blitz Cutler he becomes flustered and compromises his fundamentals. Also, he is an one-read QB. 1st year in CHI, 26 INTs.He pre-determines his throws. So, DVP will have a good season because Jay will lock onto him but the other receivers will dip. Besides, Jay has yet to post a passer rating equal Ryan yet. He is tough and a great arm but under Gase that one year Jay became a Brian Hoyer.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 21, 2017 10:44AM

Thanks for that background analysis, CG. I didn't know that.

Date: August 21, 2017 10:55AM

Tanny was kicking ass last season until the injury. Cutler IS NOT a replacement. Not even close. BUT seeing the cards we were dealt , he was a great option to save the season. Cost us $10 Million.....way more then hes worth but that's what happens when your desperate. You over pay.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.